E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Checked out kelly website. Really hard to figure out what controller he's using they all seem very similar. Not sure if some of them are legacy? Looks like the KVD is the newer one...

On another note I ordered the caps from Mouser should be here next week,
Looking at the controller it looks like it has
3 100v 470uf caps for the fets
2 100v 1000uf caps power filters
The 18 fets are IRFB4110
The chip is a gpm8f3108A-ql011 mn6clg which I cant find anything in english about it.... If anyone knows what it is be great to see..
This is what I found..
https://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword=GPM8F3108A-QL011%20MN6CLG

I got to race a electric unicycle about 8 miles today around the curviest part of White Rock Lake road. A 24 year old rider about 160 lbs vs 67 yr old me weighing in at a svelte 232 lbs. I seemed to have him a little on the bottom end, but he was walking me from about 30 to 38 mph. Above 40 I was pulling on him again, but every time I caught him at about 42, we had to slow down for some obstacle in front of us. Luckily EUCs don't have very good brakes. It was the most exciting riding I've done in 30 years. He's an extremely good rider, and very smooth in turns. I could carry a little more speed though a turn, but only if I got the rear tire sliding around. I swear I saw angels in several curves. There was also a stock Sur Ron trying to keep up too, but his knobby's didn't have a chance in hell, and he fell behind. The combination of my Hook Worms, and Fox 40s is superb. It's only because my front tire was like riding on rails I had enough confidence to get on the gas with the rear tire squirrelling around as it was. When he gassed it out of a turn he was leaning so far forward he looked like a human cannonball.

I probably better stay away from White Rock Lake till about September 2023.

That would have been some cool video. Be safe but push yourself when you can. I’m hoping I slide into heaven when that day comes saying that was one hell of a ride!

Tom

I was only able to get video footage of the more tame part of the ride. This is a few of the 15 riders. These boards all top out about 35 mph, or as fast as you're brave enough to go, as they say. The 40+ mph EUC is seen cruising ahead of me near the end of the video. This is the only view I ever got of him. I thought the guy was about 15 years old, but it turns out he's 24 yr old pilot already out of the Air Force, and a very nice young man.

[youtube]BARCXlkIcCs[/youtube]

Got a Kelly KLS7218S installed
Gives me over 100A battery amps and over 200A phase amps to motor with a 35mm wide stator. 5403 on bombers are 43mm (or 42mm) Wider stator gives you more torque.

9CC5E3C3-A456-4045-A575-8D4293E5DB99 (1).jpg

https://www.qsmotor.com/product/kelly-controller-kls7218s/
My old bomber got over 400A phase amps to motor, but you have to have a temp sensor installed to monitor the temp.

If you can get a nucular 12F or 24f - do it! it is a fantastic piece of hardware with great support. Otherwise, kelly is fine But it is a bit of a hassle to connect it to the CA and you need to program it using a PC, did not get it to work with their phone app.

Allex,
Interesting about the Kelly Controller...I'm currently emailing with Harry at QS. I'm sending him some more details about what im looking for.. It will be interesting to see what recommendations he has.. Also emailing with Dima at Nuke who recommended the 12F version which im a little confused about.. I would think that because the stock controller is a 18F In order to get more than 50-60A I would need at least 18F... Make me wonder if the 24F is more what I need...Again this gets beyond my scope of knowledge.. Any insight would be fantastic...

Thanks!

The NUC is far more powerful per each FET. So a 12F can deliver more punch than a regular 18F Infineon style controller.
NUC 12F can suck up to 150A from the battery and then convert them to 250A phase amps to spit out to the motor.
If you need more than 250A phase then you go with 24F. But this you will only know when you test them out.

Allex said:
Building a new pack for beta/P7 here
Old pack
20s6p 18650 samsung 30Q 72V18Ah 90A drain
VS new one
18s5p 21700 Samsung 40T 65V20Ah 175A drain

The new one is bigger in size but more punchy!

Mine can 175A, but I will only use around 100A with my riding style.

Allex said:
Allex said:
Old pack
VS new one

That's not surprising considering it's you Allex, but I'm talking about anyone else lol :D

Allex said:
Got a Kelly KLS7218S installed
Gives me over 100A battery amps and over 200A phase amps to motor with a 35mm wide stator. 5403 on bombers are 43mm (or 42mm) Wider stator gives you more torque.

9CC5E3C3-A456-4045-A575-8D4293E5DB99 (1).jpg

https://www.qsmotor.com/product/kelly-controller-kls7218s/
My old bomber got over 400A phase amps to motor, but you have to have a temp sensor installed to monitor the temp.

If you can get a nucular 12F or 24f - do it! it is a fantastic piece of hardware with great support. Otherwise, kelly is fine But it is a bit of a hassle to connect it to the CA and you need to program it using a PC, did not get it to work with their phone app.
Looks like a lightweight ripper! Nice.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Allex said:
Allex said:
Old pack
VS new one

That's not surprising considering it's you Allex, but I'm talking about anyone else lol :D
the 21700-40T batteries have 35A maximum. I am getting a 22s5p or 22s6p (if it can fit through the opening) battery built for the Phasor. More power than I need, but such is life.

PRW said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Allex said:
Allex said:
Old pack
VS new one

the 21700-40T batteries have 35A maximum. I am getting a 22s5p or 22s6p (if it can fit through the opening) battery built for the Phasor. More power than I need, but such is life.

I've been contemplating what size 21700 pack would fit in a Bomber.
These cells are 42 mah with 45 amp drain.

21700-42mah-45-amp.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
PRW said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Allex said:

21700-42mah-45-amp.jpg
interesting - hadn't heard of Molicell. You would fit more than 22s6p of 21700s, because both the opening and available space is bigger in the Bomber than the Phasor. I drew a template of the opening, measured out 22mm across the bottom row (which was too much), then 0.9 times the height... - with recalculating more accurately at 21mm, can get 110 cells in with ease, maybe even 132 cells for 22s6p
View attachment phasor opening.pdf

Theodore Voltaire said:
PRW said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Allex said:

21700-42mah-45-amp.jpg
I dont think a 21700 is good choice for the Bombers. While they have room for 2 rows of 18650 on top of each other with a snug fit, you will not be able to stack a 70mm cell on top of the other and fit it inside.

I dont think a 21700 is good choice for the Bombers. While they have room for 2 rows of 18650 on top of each other with a snug fit, you will not be able to stack a 70mm cell on top of the other and fit it inside along with the padding between the halves. I could be wrong though! See bigbores VTC6 build
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62650&start=250#p1392631
14p VTC6, this pack can give you whopping 420DC amps.

My pack is made of the Samsung 40T cells, 140 of em... 7p 20s 35a

Seems like the limiting factor is the BMS.. its rated at:
Maximum continuous discharging current Amperage of BMS(A): 80
Maximum Instantaneous discharging current Amperage of BMS (A): 160

Here is a link...
https://ebikemarketplace.com/collections/72v-batteries/products/72v-20-40ah-li-on-e-bike-battery-pack-for-stealth-bomber-electric-bike?variant=31302013812807

If that is the case then maybe the nuke12 is the way to go...

P.S. harry got back to me and suggested the Sabvoton 72150 if it would fit...
My concern in looking at it is it seems like the phase wire connections are outside the controller and could possibly have issues with mud / water etc...

I'm sure everyone has been asking themselves, what's been going on at the secret biknut skunkworks laboratory. Don't worry I won't keep you in suspense anymore.

This is my latest invention. It's a second taillight, but this one acts as a brake light. The part I invented is the mount.

It's called a smart taillight, and now that I understand how it works I recommend it. I bought one for my son for Christmas, so we've been testing it out since then. In typical Chinese fashion the instructions aren't very clear. It took me a couple of months to figure out all it's functions. It has 6 different modes to choose from, plus the auto brake light feature. The taillight turns off automatically if the bike sits still for little while, so there's normally no need to ever turn it off. It does have one taillight mode where the taillight stays on all the time, if you should feel the need to defeat the auto off. It's chargeable through a usb port, and battery charge life is long. What I didn't understand is it also senses daylight, and automatically keeps off the taillight in the daytime. I thought it was malfunctioning, because the brake light always worked, but the taillight didn't. That's because it was cold, and we never were riding after dark until lately. Duh

I already had a good taillight, but because the brake light works so well I decided to buy one for my bike. The problem for my bike is I no longer have seat rails to mount it too, so I had to improvise a different mount.

stop-light.jpg

stop-light-rear-view.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Bicycle-Taillight-Smart-Brake-Sense-Light-Auto-Start-Stop-LED-Light-2020/303738077291?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=602974334306&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Just picked up a stealth bomber yesterday. Needs a new battery. One of the crank arms was rubbing the frame. Easy fix. Anyone have a suggestion on where to buy a battery on the west coast of USA? From what I read the original battery was 20ah but it’s huge. Is that just because of the older technology? Is a 80a BMS enough or will I notice a difference with 100a?

this looks a bit off - does Stealth ever check websites for copies, or are there now just too many?
https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cycling/mountain-bikes/other/listing-3017007567.htm?rsqid=27fab691bd2845a4bde90ff01dbe99c9-002
https://ezirider.nz/stealth.htm

Golfer-Electric said:
Just picked up a stealth bomber yesterday. Needs a new battery. One of the crank arms was rubbing the frame. Easy fix. Anyone have a suggestion on where to buy a battery on the west coast of USA? From what I read the original battery was 20ah but it’s huge. Is that just because of the older technology? Is a 80a BMS enough or will I notice a difference with 100a?

Check out this place... out of Vegas. Sean what very good to work with when I bought my battery.
https://ebikemarketplace.com/collections/72v-batteries/products/72v-20-40ah-li-on-e-bike-battery-pack-for-stealth-bomber-electric-bike?variant=31302013812807

I also just found out about these guys.. Not west coast. but they build custom packs.
https://litespeedbike.com/

Golfer-Electric said:

The controller is 65 amp, so a 80 amp bms should be fine. The stock battery was 18ah 72v.

This company is in Las Vegas, NV.

https://ebikemarketplace.com/collections/lithium-batteries/products/72v-20-40ah-li-on-e-bike-battery-pack-for-stealth-bomber-electric-bike.

Here's a shop in Dallas, where I live, that's been building upgrade battery's for Sur Ron's. I don't think they've build a Stealth battery yet, but if you're interested I could take them my old battery so they'd know the physical size. This is where I plan to get my next battery from.

https://jwbatteries.com/

Thanks for the help. I usually only do 20 mile rides so I don’t need a huge battery. But want the power when I need it. Anybody have any grip suggestions? I know they are shorter than full grips because of throttle and v-boxx shifter

Golfer-Electric said:
Thanks for the help. I usually only do 20 mile rides so I don’t need a huge battery. But want the power when I need it. Anybody have any grip suggestions? I know they are shorter than full grips because of throttle and v-boxx shifter
all my bikes have Ergon grips, either for Rohloffs to suit twist shifters, and cut down on throttle side, or both cut down. By far the most comfortable I have found so far
https://www.ergonbike.com/en/product.html?a=griffe

Back