New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

JohnAnanda said:
Hi, first post here )

Speaking about battery cases, I stumbled upon a nice design someone has made :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJK2sumRNJw&t=1s

He managed to fit a 13S6P in there.. It gave me inspiration for my next build and I think I will make a smaller 18650 14S3P (or maybe a 21700 14S2P) in the same location, with the case made in Kepler style : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=65719&hilit=close+packed+18650

What's interesting with this design, besides the aesthetics, is that is easily allows to fit a second battery in the triangle for extended range if needed.

Manbeer said:
^not to mention placing the bulk of the weight down low. That looks sick

I ordered a 14S6P triangle pack (and made a protective box with steel wire frame to pull it up against the downtube) that fits above my BBS02B mid drive and just clears the front tire on full compression:

thumbnail_IMG-20210225-WA0001.jpg

This could also be copied for a TSDZ2 or other full suspension build of course. I wanted long range and low center of gravity for maneuverability at slow climbing speeds. Hopefully I can test that out when the lockdowns end...

file.php

SlowCo said:
This could also be copied for a TSDZ2 or other full suspension build of course. I wanted long range and low center of gravity for maneuverability at slow climbing speeds. Hopefully I can test that out when the lockdowns end...
You bicycle is just the same model as mine from Decatlhon -- here notes of my TSDZ2 assembly: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Casainho-full-suspension-MTB-and-city-commuting

But your frame seems to be like size M. At least my wife and my son, they have the same bicycle as me but with frame S and there I put a 14S2P battery pack just at the center of the frame, works very well!!

My EBike with 14S3P battery pack:
2020-02-02-06-39-03-1-1280x.jpg

My son EBike with 14S2P battery pack:
IMG_20200111_171548.jpg

SlowCo said:
thumbnail_IMG-20210225-WA0001.jpg

What saddle do you have on that bike?

dameri said:

Lingmai zadel.jpg

It's a 34,5cm/13,5" wide (!) Lingmai seat: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000117614331.html
There are stores that seem to sell them cheaper but they might be copies that aren't as good. I did reinforce/strengthen the underside to make the seat much more rigid for better support. Now it's ideal for me as I'm always in pain when sitting (handicapped).

Alternative stores:https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4001118188937.html(if you look at the photo's in the reviews it does seem they have been sent the original Lingmai seat)
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005001431475205.html

casainho said:
Your bicycle is just the same model as mine from Decatlhon -- here notes of my TSDZ2 assembly: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Casainho-full-suspension-MTB-and-city-commuting

But your frame seems to be like size M. At least my wife and my son, they have the same bicycle as me but with frame S and there I put a 14S2P battery pack just at the center of the frame, works very well!!

Yes it is a Rockrider ST540S in size M from Decathlon: https://www.decathlon.nl/p/mountain...shimano-blauw/_/R-p-301117?mc=8500761&c=BLAUW
I think they are also built under the B'TWIN name by and for Decathlon but the bikes we get are named Rockrider instead.

I haven't been able to really test it yet but hope it will serve me well. How are the bikes in your family doing? Are you satisfied? It seems the price and quality are very decent.

SlowCo said:
I haven't been able to really test it yet but hope it will serve me well. How are the bikes in your family doing? Are you satisfied? It seems the price and quality are very decent.
Mostly our rides around and I decided to go full suspension for us to have most comfortable riding possible.

And sometimes I do some MTB events on the mountains.

My next EBike to install TSDZ2 will be this mini cargo bike, that has the size of a regular bicycle and so I will be able to put on my car hitch rack: https://yoonitbikes.com/
Should cost over 3.200€ including the delivery BUT I have locally an old experienced manual bicycle frame manufacturer that will make the same bicycle for me but with some adjustments like using regular chain and regular gears and not that internal geared hub, including make sure that TSDZ2 will be installed on that frame, for around 2.000€.

And by the way, that bicycle has original electric motor version, that increases the costs +1.900€!! And am being looking at other cargo bikes and the price difference to be electric is around 1.800€ to 2.200€!! -- so I get a TSDZ2 and battery for 600€, huge savings!!

SlowCo said:
dameri said:

Lingmai zadel.jpg

It's a 34,5cm/13,5" wide (!) Lingmai seat: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000117614331.html
There are stores that seem to sell them cheaper but they might be copies that aren't as good. I did reinforce/strengthen the underside to make the seat much more rigid for better support. Now it's ideal for me as I'm always in pain when sitting (handicapped).

Alternative stores:https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4001118188937.html(if you look at the photo's in the reviews it does seem they have been sent the original Lingmai seat)
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005001431475205.html

Thank you. Your answer was very good. :bigthumb:

devboy-greg said:
After conversing with @casainho and talking about how we love our bikes and where they can take us, he asked me to post this picture I sent him.
Happy trails...
giant-anthem-s.jpg
Awesome battery pack design, awesome view... Could easily pass for the somerset levels, it looks so familiar to my stomping ground.

HughF said:
devboy-greg said:
After conversing with @casainho and talking about how we love our bikes and where they can take us, he asked me to post this picture I sent him.
Happy trails...
giant-anthem-s.jpg
Awesome battery pack design, awesome view... Could easily pass for the somerset levels, it looks so familiar to my stomping ground.
The Downs of Dorset... :D

devboy-greg said:
HughF said:
devboy-greg said:
Happy trails...
giant-anthem-s.jpg
Even closer, I'm actually in purbeck most of the time.

HughF said:
devboy-greg said:
HughF said:
devboy-greg said:
Happy trails...
giant-anthem-s.jpg
Even closer, I'm actually in purbeck most of the time.

I rode there last year with the Dorset Rough Riders (when we were allowed), ...fab riding ...fab day! And you need an Ebike for those hills!!!

Hello, i´m form spain, sorry form my english. I install 48v 500w version of tsdz2 with xh18 display. The motor no assist but he work well in walk assist mode. The batery have 54,11v full charged. Somebody know what might happen? Thank´s

dunc0000 said:
...The motor no assist but he work well in walk assist mode. .....
Your speedsensor is problably to close to the magnet, sometimes it must be between 8-10mm.
Or the magnet is placed on the wrong place. It should face the arrow on the speedsensor.

Elinx said:
dunc0000 said:
...The motor no assist but he work well in walk assist mode. .....
Your speedsensor is problably to close to the magnet, sometimes it must be between 8-10mm.
Or the magnet is placed on the wrong place. It should face the arrow on the speedsensor.

I'll check the distance, but the speed is displayed. I will comment on the results

Hi,
Please may I have some guidance. I have been having a great time with the TSDZ2 on a kona Stinky, mostly offroad trails. Its got the opensource code on it with an 860c which is a nice combination. Yesterday the motor packed in 20k from home, luckily it was at the highest peak and the trip back home was still fun under just my human power ( legs are feeling it today though) .

Here are the symptoms.

Total loss of power from motor; display and battery ok.

1. The back wheel will not free wheel at all, it feels very stiff, if i want to reverse I have to lift the back wheel. Got the bike on the stand now and can rotate the wheel backwards but it is not smooth. It rotates less than one revolution and then gets very stiff and then frees up, then rotates the same again before getting stiff.
2. Display showing the "torque sensor " error message E3
3. When I switch on walk assist it makes a small humming noise for a few seconds then stops with E3 message.
4. The Hall sensor seems to be responding out ( output from the Tech section shows they are responding, just difficult to read accurately with the stiff wheel going backwards.

I did some reading last night and it sounds like a Hall sensor may have failed, but the stiffness of the motor in reverse makes me think there could be additional issues to resolve. I am going to have to open the motor up to check this out, but as this is the first time opening one up for me I would appreciate any tips on what too look for.

Regards

Huds

Hudson said:
I did some reading last night and it sounds like a Hall sensor may have failed, but the stiffness of the motor in reverse makes me think there could be additional issues to resolve. I am going to have to open the motor up to check this out, but as this is the first time opening one up for me I would appreciate any tips on what too look for.
Maybe fail hall sensor, then or a motor phase wire and or burned motor controller power mosfets... Please report later.

dunc0000 said:
I'll check the distance, but the speed is displayed. I will comment on the results
If I assume that you have stock firmware, it could be that the overvoltage protection of the controller is working.
Had you already charged the battery to 54,11V?
Have you this behaviour with a partly discharged battery too?

Elinx said:
dunc0000 said:
If I assume that you have stock firmware, it could be that the overvoltage protection of the controller is working.
Had you already charged the battery to 54,11V?
Have you this behaviour with a partly discharged battery too?

Yes, is stock firmware, the batery and motor are new. Tomorrow try to discharge battery with walk assist. What is the maximum voltage that the controller supports?

dunc0000 said:
..... What is the maximum voltage that the controller supports?
I don't know that value. Normally the motor must be running with full charged battery.

Hudson said:
1. The back wheel will not free wheel at all, it feels very stiff, if i want to reverse I have to lift the back wheel. Got the bike on the stand now and can rotate the wheel backwards but it is not smooth. It rotates less than one revolution and then gets very stiff and then frees up, then rotates the same again before getting stiff.

I think you'll have to take apart the motor to to figure anything out. Since it doesn't spin properly, this sounds to me like something broken / snapped / stripped / stuck (possibly the blue gear?). I'd start off by taking off the non-drive side cover to access the inner motor and blue gear (IMO this is one of the easier things to check, depending on your bike this can be done without even taking the crank off, just take off the pedal, slide the locking tool over the crank arm and loosen the big nut); check that everything in there looks good.

Beyond that the main drive gear is also relatively easy to access to check, you need to take off the spider and chairing I believe.

Be careful since both the outer hex screws as well as the inner phillips ones holding the motor unit strip easily - use a good tool and try to avoid letting it slip out as you undo them, and don't overtighten when putting back together. (I replaced mine with torx)

Mr.Flibble said:
JohnAnanda said:
Has anybody tried the Enerpower 500S-U TSDZ2 compatible display ?
It looks like an interesting alternative to the VLCD6, and it has a 500mA USB charging port.
https://enerprof.de/en/motor-kits/d...0s-u-display-uart-tongsheng-compatible?c=234/

That's a Bafang 500c display.
It's supposed to be really nice.

The case looks almost identical to the Bafang color 500C display indeed, but this "500S-U" seems to be monochrome and Enerprof sells it for almost 20€ cheaper than the 500C. I wonder if it's a 500C that they flashed to make it compatible with the TSDZ2 (in this case it seems weird that they would sell it cheaper than the original 500C). I'm tempted to get one to see if it would work with the OSF for stock displays..

Attachments

• 500C 500SU.jpg
    500C 500SU.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,316
JohnAnanda said:
The case looks almost identical to the Bafang color 500C display indeed, but this "500S-U" seems to be monochrome and Enerprof sells it for almost 20€ cheaper than the 500C. I wonder if it's a 500C that they flashed to make it compatible with the TSDZ2 (in this case it seems weird that they would sell it cheaper than the original 500C). I'm tempted to get one to see if it would work with the OSF for stock displays..

not only monochrome, but also fixed layout display elements, not a pixel addressable display. now, the 500C, hard to say if thats pixel addressable, or it too is fixed elements but the speed numbers in the middle do not look fixed.

Back