New TSDZ2 Open Source firmware with Bluetooth interface

pgwguk said:
I installed the board on an 8 pin controller, so slight difference on the colours referenced in the wiki - I can help to update this if needed.

I also have an 8 pin controller i.c.w. a VLCD5 display, do you have a schematic where i can see which colours you need for the connection BT PCB to controller?

mspider65 said:
Thanks to those who shared the calibration result, both here and on the Italian forum, I see that the average value of the delay of the Hall sensor is quite constant.

However, there are some that have a fairly pronounced variance, probably due to hall sensors with different sensitivities.

I have therefore released a new version where the calibration, instead of calculating a single average value, calculates the delay for each state of the Hall sensors and a new firmware which then uses the calculated value for each state.

For those who have had quite different absolute values ​​of T Offset in the calibration, this new version will bring benefits but will have to re-calibrate the Hall sensors.

Again everything needs to be updated: Android application, ESP32 firmware and motor controller firmware.

As usual the files are on Github: https://github.com/TSDZ2-ESP32/TSDZ2-ESP32-Wiki/tree/master/bin
  • TSDZ2_ESP32v2.1.8.apk
  • TSDZ2-ESP32-Mainv1.1.6.zip
  • TSDZ2-v11.zip

I think this will probably be the last major version I release as I am satisfied with the result by now and I don't think there are any other major improvements to be made.
The season is improving and now I will use my time mainly to enjoy the bike.

After weeks of use of this beautiful setup on v8.hex yesterday changed to the v11 and latest software on app and esp32.
After the hall sensor calibration there is almost no support from the motor, it more or less feels like I am charging the battery.
Is it possible to revert back to the v8 software?

Wimpy747 said:
After weeks of use of this beautiful setup on v8.hex yesterday changed to the v11 and latest software on app and esp32.
After the hall sensor calibration there is almost no support from the motor, it more or less feels like I am charging the battery.

Probably something went wrong during the calibration.

To return to the initial situation, you can always open the Hall Calibration page, select "Load Defaults" and then save.

Could you send a screenshot of the calibration result ?

I think it is better not to revert the ESP32 firmware because the configuration structure that is saved has changed.
If you don't solve, let me know that in case I will send you a suitable version for revert.

mspider65 said:
Wimpy747 said:

Probably something went wrong during the calibration.

To return to the initial situation, you can always open the Hall Calibration page, select "Load Defaults" and then save.

Could you send a screenshot of the calibration result ?

I think it is better not to revert the ESP32 firmware because the configuration structure that is saved has changed.
If you don't solve, let me know that in case I will send you a suitable version for revert.
I sent you a pm with the values, somehow there is not a lot of difference between the two. However after the defaults were restored it is almost as before, the v8 started earlier I think.

Wimpy747 said:
I sent you a pm with the values, somehow there is not a lot of difference between the two. However after the defaults were restored it is almost as before, the v8 started earlier I think.

Strange the calibrated values was not far from the default ones.
But I understand that it works well now.

About startup, nothing is changed between v8 and v11.

Install the new v12 motor controller firmware. This last version uses a different startup algorithm.
And also you could try to increase the Motor Acceleration parameter.

mspider65 said:
Wimpy747 said:

Install the new v12 motor controller firmware. This last version uses a different startup algorithm.
Ok that seemed to do the trick!
I did notice the first time after installing the 2.1.8 and the esp32 software the app crashed several times and disconnected bluetooth , maybe something went wrong writing the v11 to the motor.
I did 'forget' the esp32 in bluetooth and thereafter paired again, now everything seems to be 120% again, thanks!

@mspider65: I received an email from PCBWay with the question if the sample is okay, they inluded the following sample image with the remark: "It is negative appointed by the arrow, please confirm"

Is there something wrong with the position of the part in question?
Can you advise me in this?

Attachments

• it is negative appointed by the arrow-pls confirm-800px.png
    it is negative appointed by the arrow-pls confirm-800px.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 1,321
Pooyan said:
@mspider65: I received an email from PCBWay with the question if the sample is okay, they inluded the following sample image with the remark: "It is negative appointed by the arrow, please confirm"

Yes, the position of the diode D1 is correct.

mspider65 said:
Pooyan said:

Yes, the position of the diode D1 is correct.

Okay, thanks, than i give the okay to them to proceed with the production batch. :thumb:

Wimpy747 said:
mspider65 said:
Wimpy747 said:

Ok that seemed to do the trick!
I did notice the first time after installing the 2.1.8 and the esp32 software the app crashed several times and disconnected bluetooth , maybe something went wrong writing the v11 to the motor.
I did 'forget' the esp32 in bluetooth and thereafter paired again, now everything seems to be 120% again, thanks!

Ok yesterday the app started flashing an error, display communication error. However everything is working normal, also display showing normal info.
I checked the wiring but couldn't find anything. Today installed my standby esp32 board with v1.1.3. On it and not showing errors. With this board I went back to v7.hex for the motor. Thereafter swapped esp's again and no more error codes. Downgraded the esp firmware to 1.1.3 and now all seems fine. I have absolutely no idea what happened, also the debug showed 0 failures when the error started flashing. For now I will stay on the old version which working fine for me for months.

Wimpy747 said:
Ok yesterday the app started flashing an error, display communication error. However everything is working normal, also display showing normal info.
I checked the wiring but couldn't find anything. Today installed my standby esp32 board with v1.1.3. On it and not showing errors. With this board I went back to v7.hex for the motor. Thereafter swapped esp's again and no more error codes. Downgraded the esp firmware to 1.1.3 and now all seems fine. I have absolutely no idea what happened, also the debug showed 0 failures when the error started flashing. For now I will stay on the old version which working fine for me for months.

This control was added with the latest versions and therefore the error cannot appear with the old version.
When it appears it means that no message has arrived to the ESP32 in the last 500ms. As soon as a message arrives then the error is reset.
I know that you have wired everything externally and I don't know if you are using my board or have assembled a kit with various components.
In any case it means that every now and then the esp32 loses communication with the LCD "LCD communication Error" or with the Controller "Controller communication Error"
Probably not often enough to cause problems.

mspider65 said:
Wimpy747 said:

This control was added with the latest versions and therefore the error cannot appear with the old version.
When it appears it means that no message has arrived to the ESP32 in the last 500ms. As soon as a message arrives then the error is reset.
I know that you have wired everything externally and I don't know if you are using my board or have assembled a kit with various components.
In any case it means that every now and then the esp32 loses communication with the LCD "LCD communication Error" or with the Controller "Controller communication Error"
Probably not often enough to cause problems.
That might explain why its not there in the old versions, but I checked all wiring and found absolutely nothing?
I am using the standard esp32 board as developed by you.
Anyway I was pretty happy with the old versions, so will stay on these.
Thanks for explaining.

Hello everyone,

I have been talking to Mpider65 through PM and I will buy 5 PCBs for myself on the PCBWay website.

To help other members of the forum, I can buy more PCBs if necessary.
I then send the PCB by mail.

It takes 25 to 30 days for PCBs to arrive at my house. I can buy 5, 10 or multiples of 5.

The ideal would be to have 5 more interested, because I need 5.

I live in Europe, Portugal. But I can ship to all over the world through DHL.

If someone wants a PCB unit, you can send me a PM.

I do not intend to earn any money. It's just to help this project.

Azur

AZUR said:

Azur
Thank you Azur, I have been following mspider65's project for a long time, but have been reluctant to order. Since now also in Germany very slowly the bike session begins again (it's snowing currently ...), your help comes as called :D

Currently, Azur can still order for more people, probably tomorrow, however, he gives up the order - so please hurry if there is interest :)

@mspider65 I am very excited to try your firmware, your effort is very respectable, thank you!

bingo5 said:
AZUR said:

Azur
Thank you Azur, I have been following mspider65's project for a long time, but have been reluctant to order. Since now also in Germany very slowly the bike session begins again (it's snowing currently ...), your help comes as called :D

Currently, Azur can still order for more people, probably tomorrow, however, he gives up the order - so please hurry if there is interest :)

@mspider65 I am very excited to try your firmware, your effort is very respectable, thank you!

Hello,

I will place an order for 10 units.

So the price per unit is lower.

I still have a few available.

Azur

I have finally received the boards from PCBway, i have some spare ones, i will include one temperature sensor DS18B20 with one board.
Send me a PM if you are are interested, i live in The Netherlands.

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some issues with my TSDZ2 and hope to find some help here.

My setup:
Motor: TSDZ2 (48v) - 8-Pin
Battery: 52v 15.5Ah 14S5P Samsung 33G
Firmware: MSpider65's latest version (Motor controller, ESP32-board and Android app)

The issue:
My motor doesn't wanna run, it only humms. I've had this issue before and then thought it might be the controller.
Bought and installed a new Motor controller, soldered all required cables for the ESP32 board on this one as well, and gave it a try with the motor-housing still opened. This one ran perfectly. So, after this test decided to close the motor-housing and get ready for a test drive, but unfortunately the humming-and-not-moving is now back again.

Now and the it gives an motor-blockage error in the app as well, although the motor is always free to move, as also can be seen in the movie below:

Anyone who can help me point in the right direction?

In this video i'm giving short pulses with the throttle, most interesting is the sound and the actual movement on 0.13s :
[youtube]iSZyKovPoUg[/youtube]

fietstasss said:
Hi all,

I'm experiencing some issues with my TSDZ2 and hope to find some help here.

My setup:
Motor: TSDZ2 (48v) - 8-Pin
Battery: 52v 15.5Ah 14S5P Samsung 33G
Firmware: MSpider65's latest version (Motor controller, ESP32-board and Android app)

The issue:
My motor doesn't wanna run, it only humms. I've had this issue before and then thought it might be the controller.
Bought and installed a new Motor controller, soldered all required cables for the ESP32 board on this one as well, and gave it a try with the motor-housing still opened. This one ran perfectly. So, after this test decided to close the motor-housing and get ready for a test drive, but unfortunately the humming-and-not-moving is now back again.

Now and the it gives an motor-blockage error in the app as well, although the motor is always free to move, as also can be seen in the movie below:

Anyone who can help me point in the right direction?

You most likely have a problem with Hall sensors.
In the video it appears that the Hall sensor cables coming from the motor have been cut and soldered and the connector looks damaged.

Thanks for your reply!

Indeed, the hall-sensor cables have been repaired, as i also suspected them from being broken.
As this didn't help, i also took away the plastic potting around the pcb and did a proper continuity-test on those cables, that all seems ok.

But, after your reply i went to the next step and tried to measure the hall-sensor as described here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105444&p=1543436&hilit=led+hall#p1543566

In short, i've placed 5v+ on the red wire, and GND on the black wire.
Then, through a 10K resisor, i applied the 5v also the my red measurement probe, and connected the black measurement-probe to GND.
I then measured the blue, green and yellow wire individually whilst rotating the motor axle.

Interpretation of the result is not very clear to me, it seems like the yellow one gives a bit of a strange result (only passing through 3.5v instead of 5v (can be seen from ~0.34s))

To enable you guys to check it, i've made movie of the results, what do you think?
To make it easier to speak about, order of measuring in video was Blue > Green > Yellow (both on connector and on motor)

[youtube]kB0rWImvquE[/youtube]

Hi Mspider65,

I have one more question about the PCB-ESP32.

There are 2 types of fixed IPEX. IPEX1 and IPEX4 for the antenna.

IPX1.jpg

Which one fits the PCB?

Can you send me the aliexpress link where you bought it?

Was it on aliexpress or was it on another website?

Thanks

Azur

Back