Running a house on an e-motorcycle battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked for advice in a public thread, and everybody tells you to cover the fundamentals first, and you're offended? What did you expect?

As I've posted before, this seems reflective of the "fake news" mentality wherein facts are selected to fit the poster's fantasy.

I'm not picking on you specifically -- probably a quarter of my posts are reality checks on clickbait thread titles like the recent "8kW ebike on Harbor Freight drill batteries?" or "10kw through a MXUS 3k" -- and this one, "Running a house on a e-motorcycle batttery?"
If that doesn't need a reality check, I don't know what could...

nicobie said:
:mrgreen:

I am a mod.

It is very easy to block someone whose posts you don't want to read. I'd help you on how to do it, but you'd probably argue with me about it.

Stop posting to my thread, stop sending me threatening private messages, and stop erasing my posts requesting administrator assistance.

Fechter and Amberwolf, this person is disrupting my thread.

If anyone else is reading this. I am being harassed and I am receiving threatening private messages from a moderator who is erasing every post I make requesting administrator assistance, and after be told dozens of times to leave me alone.

fatty said:
You asked for advice in a public thread, and everybody tells you to cover the fundamentals first, and you're offended? What did you expect?

As I've posted before, this seems reflective of the "fake news" mentality wherein facts are selected to fit the poster's fantasy.

I'm not picking on you specifically -- probably a quarter of my posts are reality checks on clickbait thread titles like the recent "8kW ebike on Harbor Freight drill batteries?" or "10kw through a MXUS 3k" -- and this one, "Running a house on a e-motorcycle batttery?"
If that doesn't need a reality check, I don't know what could...

Your lucky your moderator friend is deleting my posts responding to you. Actually saying that this was not a one time occurrence is not helping your cause either. But karma is something that neither you nor Nicobie can escape. Perhaps you should think about why you feel the need to make all these negative comments and give people reality checks when they tell you to leave them alone? Is it because deep down inside you feel worthless, so you have to pick on other people to feel good about yourself?

Fechter and Amberwolf, this person and Nicobie is disrupting my thread.

If anyone else is reading this. I am being harassed and I am receiving threatening private messages from a moderator who is erasing every post I make requesting administrator assistance, and after be told dozens of times to leave me alone.

there was someone venting on craigslist about how Victron costs so much when Fangpuson is made in the same factory
i dont know if thats true but heres a link to that site, they look identical
https://www.fangpusun.com/mppt150-45-70

moderators deleting your comments???

hope thats not true

If you want to ignore a user, you can use this option. But it will not allow you to block a moderator ( this isn't a smart thing to do anyway )

2021-04-06 18_01_42-(48) Endless Sphere - User Control Panel - Manage foes - Brave.png

I'll find out the story behind your posts being deleted.

neptronix said:
If you want to ignore a user, you can use this option. But it will not allow you to block a moderator ( this isn't a smart thing to do anyway )

2021-04-06 18_01_42-(48) Endless Sphere - User Control Panel - Manage foes - Brave.png

I'll find out the story behind your posts being deleted.

Thank you. I already blocked the other user. But I disagree, it is a smart thing to block a moderator if he is harassing and threatening you and getting enjoyment from your misfortune (green grin emoji when telling me how to block himself). I have several screenshots showing my deleted posts, although I have none of the first few because I did not know they were going to be deleted. he is deleting responses to his friend Fatty and any post I make asking him to leave me alone and requesting assistance from an administrator. He sent me 2 threatening pms as well. I did not read them however the threat was in the subject line. He wants to delete my account or something because I am telling a person that insulted me to stop posting in my thread and because I am asking for administrator assistance because he a mod is harassing me. he thinks it is funny that he can harass me and I cannot block him. You have a major flaw with your forum if this is the case. I am not here looking to argue or to pick on people, I am only looking for knowledge and to not be harassed or insulted. But for the past 3 hours this moderator has been threatening me and deleting posts. He deleted so many I cannot even count, but as I said I do have few screenshots a few that he has deleted.

It may not matter anymore. After an event like this I may not want to be a part of this community anymore, that I will need to think about. It is ironic that Nicobie is from California, I actually moved away from that state to get away from the people there.

Here is a screenshot of one of my deleted posts. All I did was tell him to leave me alone and requested help from an Administrator. That was posted almost 3 hours ago, and he deleted more just like it between now and then and even more before that one.

endless sphere post screenshot.jpg

And then he deleted this one shortly after I replaced the deleted post with this one:

endless sphere post screenshot 2.jpg

The original post is still there.. it appears you've been making duplicate posts.. another moderator deleted duplicate posts by you too, according to our logs.

Nicobie didn't mean to harass you, he was just poking you a bit, as he tends to do. We allow for poking here. Nicobie even did that to me before he was a moderator. :bolt:

If you don't want to be part of this community anymore, pm me if you want your account deleted.
Sorry you're having a bad time.

goatman said:
there was someone venting on craigslist about how Victron costs so much when Fangpuson is made in the same factory
i dont know if thats true but heres a link to that site, they look identical
https://www.fangpusun.com/mppt150-45-70

moderators deleting your comments???

hope thats not true

Fechter and Amberwolf have always been really nice and they are both super intelligent so I am sure they don't know anything about it or endorse it. But one moderator here has been harassing me for like 5 hours and he deleted at least 5 or 6 posts requesting mod and admin assistance, and I received 2 threatening pms for what I think was flagging his posts. Now another moderator is lying for the first one. The situation is a lot worse than I first thought. The moderators here have no oversight and will do whatever they please, and there seems to be no problems with moderators threatening people or breaking the rules, and other mods will even lie to protect them and suggest that if you do not like it you should leave. I am shocked, I always thought that this was one of the better forums.

I will look into your information tomorrow when I have time. I wanted to respond to you earlier about your water turbine link too but I got sidetracked. I like the pipe with the impeller inside but we have a lot of storm runoff here in half pipes and the like. I was thinking that an inexpensive option might be to build a water turbine with one of those hoverboard wheels, but instead of using a computer case fan modded into an impeller I would like to try using a sideways spinning wheel (like they had on the old flour mills or an old riverboat). I think debris might accumulate in a pipe routing the storm runoff but a sideways paddle wheel out in the open might have an easier time keeping clear of debris. It depends on the property though, but we have a lot of homes which have half pipes with constantly running water all throughout the winter. I figure they might not generate much energy because they would not be spinning too fast, but perhaps several of them would add up to something.

Actually I would like to try to make a wind turbine out of one of those hoverboard wheels too. I am keeping my eyes open for a trashed one in the garbage or something.

neptronix said:
The original post is still there.. it appears you've been making duplicate posts.. another moderator deleted duplicate posts by you too, according to our logs.

Nicobie didn't mean to harass you, he was just poking you a bit, as he tends to do. We allow for poking here. Nicobie even did that to me before he was a moderator. :bolt:

If you don't want to be part of this community anymore, pm me if you want your account deleted.
Sorry you're having a bad time.

No that is not true, he has deleted at least 5 or 6 of my posts. I took screenshots of them to prove it. Look at the 2 screenshots I posted. they are not identical, they were posted a long time apart, and yet neither of them were ever edited? THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE. He is lying about deleting my posts and my screenshots are proof.

Oh, and all the duplicates are still there. I don't post duplicates, I sometimes accidentally click on the quote button instead of the edit button. And none of those that say duplicate were erased, but some other mod was erasing duplicates? That is not even a good lie. What happened to this forum... Who wants to be in a forum where moderators abuse the rules and lie about it?

At least my posts are not being deleted now that Fechter has been told about what is happening. This a warning to anyone using this forum, the moderators here can threaten you with private messages and delete your posts asking for administrator assistance and they will harass you for no good reason and then lie about it. Other moderators will lie for them as well. You really want to consider this before posting here, until this situation is fixed you might want to just read the posts here but not participate. When moderators break the rules you are descending into chaos.

I'm the server administrator here and looked into the posts that were deleted.
I see that two moderators deleted a ton of multiple posts by you. I don't see specific posts themselves, but there are screenshots of you posting the same thing repeatedly. Yet your post you claim was deleted multiple times has been sitting here in the thread.

It is a moderator's job to delete duplicate posts and so from the point of view of moderator logs, it looks like they were doing their job.

PM me with harassing messages if you got em, i'd like a complete picture of what's happening.

I've talked with the moderator team and received the PMs sent to OP from Nicobie and have a more complete picture of what happened.

Nicobie did delete some repetitive posts harassing and threatening him. This would be acceptable to do on any other forum, but we don't like that here because it removes evidence of someone else's bad behavior. I have talked to Nicobie about how we should handle these things in the future, and to come to me if he's being harassed so that things can be looked at objectively before action is taken. He understands this fully. Nicobie is a new moderator and getting the hang of how we do things here, so this is totally forgivable. He was honest about what he did.

Nicobie sent me the PMs he sent to OP. They were not out of line. They were meant to adjust expectations of how we moderate and do not look like harassment at all.

OP edited some of his posts to change his story after the fact. Another moderator observed this. So he removed evidence as well. OP also made a lot of duplicate posts which were deleted, but the non-duplicates still exist. We do have some records in the database but they are too cumbersome for me to go through.

OP was rude to Nicobie, rude to the forum as a whole, caused a lot of unnecessary grief to the moderator team as a whole, refused to cooperate with me, did not provide the PMs requested, and also requested i not talk to him anymore.

Other members were rude to OP but in general the ad-homs were flying in every direction. This should in general be a reference on how NOT to act on ES when faced with an idea one finds questionable.

I do not like seeing our moderators insulted and their requests ignored. These people are volunteers who work tirelessly to keep this place free from spam, flame wars, and legitimate danger. They are still human and make mistakes. If a moderation mistake is made, PM me and i will look into it, as i did here.

I am willing to forgive OP for his part in the scuffle after a 48 hour cool-off period, with the expectation that in the future, he:
1) Does not insult or cause unnecessary trouble for any member of the moderator team.
2) Does not repetitively post duplicates.
3) Does not edit his own posts to remove evidence.
4) Does not attempt to subvert moderator control in any other way.
5) Reaches out for help to another moderator if he has problems with one. ( he did do this at one point )

If OP doesn't agree to this, i'm willing to delete his account if he wishes to no longer be part of the forum if he sends me a PM requesting deletion.

Otherwise this thread is locked indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back