new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. Belt drive e bike conversion. The PROPER CORRECT WAY !!!!!

DrkAngel wrote: ↑Apr 14 2021 10:26am
latecurtis wrote: ↑Apr 14 2021 8:08am
I am desperate as sick and tired of chain drives. I know belt is smoother and better and no chain issues with alignment.
Most everyone has recommended that your chain drives were much more trouble than they are worth.
Belt drive will not change that, because it's even more sensitive to setup and alignment than chain.

Sometimes I think LC is doing empirical research to test the hypothesis about persisting in one's folly.

NO !!!!!!!!

So when Defiant LC is on his 500 miles ride and the belt breaks, good luck finding one at the local bicycle shop.

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Not if you use a high quality belt and not some cheap shit !

download (3).png

NO WAY !!!!!!!

download (9).png

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason why all the above are NO>

reason.png

MY solution.

T belt.png

I just need the parts 3D printed. I could spend $300 on a printer and lord knows how much time figuring it all out. Possibly by Christmas I might be able to accomplish it on my own.

I would rather just skip all that time and money and pay $100 bucks or a littlre more to have the wheel and motor sprocket printed out.

Fat chance of that I guess. :roll: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks.

LC. out.

If you can get good concentricity, alignment, strength, and wear life out of your 3D printed design... well let's just say I'll be very surprised.

Chain is stronger, easier, more fault tolerant, and just works better, but you can't manage to get that working right. I'm skeptical that you would succeed with a system that's harder to engineer.

We got no water. Water main broke and found out the landlord owes the city 900 for water.

Looks like I got to move again. :oops:

I'm losing it. Feel like going back to prison.

Landlord needs to be blasted in the face. Wanted me to send money twice and tracked the money order and was cashed.

Slumlords , crooks.

:evil:

Thanks.

LC. out.

What will your last meal be Curtis?
As the jail guard rings the bars with his billy club saying "Trays Up!"
Water/Batteries - Not a good hill to stand your ground on, but to each their own.
Maybe Michael Clarke Duncan from the Green Mile will be your cellie.
Question is though, who takes top bunk and who takes bottom bunk?

Anyway's, I was going to say you can live without water, its when the electrical is turned off that it gets a bit desperate. In times of covid, you may not be able to go to the gym just to use the shower. So stock up on clean wipes, and cooking and drinking water can be had pretty easily. Big water jugs, and the grocery store usually sells bulk water from a tap that you fillt he jugs with.

So stock up on clean wipes, and cooking and drinking water can be had pretty easily. Big water jugs, and the grocery store usually sells bulk water from a tap that you fillt he jugs with.

Well I went to the dollar store. Was washing my hands with a 24 oz beer earlier. I have not drank in a couple days but 1/2 a can. I do take breaks from beer now and then. I got paper plates , cups and paper towel. Got plenty of trash bags.

I got pine sol for the toilet as was not smelling good at all. Also I lucked out as have about 20 free flushes as bought a 35 gallon aquarium and Bala Sharks the other day at Pet Smart. They told me what I already knew that I needed a tank already set up and running for those as water sensitive. I just wanted 3 large ones as I still have that Asion Swamp Eel. All they had was tiny baby Bala sharks.

I spent about $200 bucks. 120 for a 36 gallon tank and the stuff inside to grow the sharks to 6" so could put them in the 60 gallon. Takes a year. They actually gave me a hard time giving me extra water. Finally I talked them into putting each fish seperate in a large bag. When I got home I broke out my old 10 gallon and was about 1 - 1/2 gallon they gave me the sharks were in and mixed 1/2 gallon of water from the Eel tank. Every 8 hours added 1/2 gallon and 8 gallons now in their temporary tank.

Then I set up the 36 gallon with 1/2 tap and 1/2 water from the Eel tank. Was going to do a 30 % water change in both from the Eel tank and transfer them to the 36 tomorrow so have 36 gallons now to flush the toilet. Looks like doomsday eventually for all my fish.

IMG_0890.jpg

FFS DUDE?!

Post threats on a public forum. WTF.

Well at least you know if I don't post awhile I went to jail.

They did not fix the water.

Code enforcement will probably be here tomorrow.

They will make everyone evacuate and we are old and have underlining health conditions so will die quick from COVID19.

I will have nothing to lose because we will have lost everything. As soon as the house is empty thieves will be in here like buzzards on a rotting animal corpse.

All my e bikes and batteries and my 58 inch TV will be going out the door.

They wont give me time to get my stuff out and is all I got. Way too old to start over.

Would you sit back and let that happen or stand up and fight.

I am too old and sick with diabetes and mental health problems. My poor wife is scared they will put her in a hospital and euthanize her and put a COVID tag on her toe. She will probably be going to the ER any day now with COPD. We have been trying months to get her a doctor but insurance complications and got appointment finally on 27th.

If they throw us out they may as well just shoot us.

What would you do in my shoes.

I have very few people to talk to. A couple people on Facebook and a guy in California that I play the pirate game with. I can NOT get mental health counseling because of COVID19 and the only guy there I liked talking to who understood me no longer takes my type of insurance.

Insurance and idiotic bureaucratic disease that put rules and regulations first at old and sick peoples expense is not only intolerable but downright sadistic. The slumlords that do it get whatever they deserve.

I did what I was supposed to and paid Januarys rent with a money order and was sent a picture to my e mail as a receipt.

February. I sent another rent payment and got no receipt. I called and was told he did not get it. He told me to send another. I had the post office trace it and it was cashed in the city I sent it to.

Sent March rent by money order and sent e mail requesting both receipts. Heard nothing and tried to call today but no answer or message options.

Then water main break and call water dept. and told the landlord owes $900 and they got a shut off notice.

What would you do in that SHITuation.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Change the sign inside the fish tank to "No Eating The Fish"

Yea I know. My tanks are cool. I used to build 120 gallon 5 foot tanks and use a soldering iron and Styrofoam to make rock formations. Dry lock masonry paint is 0 VOC when it cures and then 100% acrylic non toxic hobby paint mixed with dry lock for top coat and multiple colors.

Mary's son John called and his girl friend says they got to give us emergency housing.

Probably a run down sleazy bed bug infested motel with whores and pimps and meth dealers in every room.

They are not going to find us an apartment.

They are not renting a professional moving company to haul all this stuff out of here.

If it were a half way decent motel like the place we stayed an hour from here in Canfield it would be ok as long as they hired a crew to move all our stuff into storage.

I don't see it happening.

Things could get ugly.

thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
Well at least you know if I don't post awhile I went to jail.

What would you do in that SHITuation.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Give up the beer and pot, stop pissing away good money on bad ideas. Dude, $2400 in covid payments could have made a difference. Been there and fixed it. I dare say my health issues are as much or more debilitating. I’m genuinely sorry for the hand some asshat landlord has dealt. It sucks. But drunk and stoned only adds to mental anguish. Honestly wishing you the best.

thanks.

I don't really get that drunk or stoned that much. I don't do any of that during the day and some nights two or three cans and some nights none at all. I smoke maybe one joint a night and none when I am not drinking or only have a couple beers. There are some nights where I will drink 4 or 5 - 24 oz. cans and smoke twice but over 6 or 7 hours really isn't a lot for a 230+ pound person.

I am usually more tired than drunk when I stay up until early morning. I think I drank gin and juice two or three times in the last year and probably was the only time I would say I was a little drunk.

The term slowed down means to me just what it is. I still might drink a 6 pack or 12 pack but takes twice as long as when I was 20 or 30 years old. every hour a person gets rid of an ounce or two of alcohol and an oz. is like a 12 oz. beer.

When I was younger I would drink until I passed out. That don't happen any more. I usually get hungry and eat a salad or some peanuts before I go to bed. I am getting old.

My wife is very sick and every time I get a little tingle in my chest or get up out of the chair and hear a whooshing sound I think I am getting a stroke or dissection. I have am aortic theoretic aneurism. I was diagnosed in 2015 and x ray said 4.9 cm. After 5 surgery is highly recommended. Last x ray was in 2018 I think. If it dissects I got 10 to 20 minutes to be ON the operating table or it is curtains for me.

So if I have like 24 hours to move all my stuff and they are not paying 3 or 4 movers than it has to come out of my pocket. I am probably the only tenant here who paid three months rent so far.

Also it is very possible the landlord don't even know he owes 900 for the water bill as since the new landlord took over in January the building has not been managed. It has been MIS managed. The person I sent the rent to who said he did not get it may have been telling the truth as someone else in AMC Development LLC could have cashed it and never put it in the system. $900 is a lot more than 3 months water bill as cost of living is cheap in Ohio. More like two years.

I guess if someone would answer a phone there is a chance this could all be resolved with me not having to move. I just know what happened to my friend in NY a few years back. A pipe froze and broke in the winter and he had to go to a homeless shelter. His cats had to go to animal shelter and cost $300 to get them out.

Guy is also disabled mentally and physically. He had open heart surgery and 12 stitches in his chest. The same surgery they want to do to me. His house was also broke into but all they got was a PS2 I think. He had a old style heavy TV back then. They told him he would be arrested if he came back and the fire department made him leave. If I have 72 hours to get my stuff out I can probably do it but if they start with some bully tactics and start pushing my wife around I think you know it will not end well.

Thanks.

LC. out.

One option, if you have the funds, is to pay the water bill yourself and deduct it from the rent to avoid getting kicked out. It sounds like you have bigger issues with the landlord though and you won't be there much long even if you resolve the water issue.

I ended up drinking until 10AM I think and ate a salad with Italian dressing and croutons and then I passed out. I figured I would not be in any shape to punch a cop or code inspector in the face as I just rolled out of bed now. Not sure how much I actually drank as still a fair amount of beer in the fridge but at least 120 oz. I was very tired and woke up a couple times as they were tearing up the street with heavy duty machinery fixing the water main.
My wires son was here and I got up to use the bathroom and drink water a couple times as bought two gallons yesterday. but then went back to sleep.

Tom was the original landlord when we moved in July 3 2019. He sold the building to the new shady landlord in December 2020 and the new landlord took over Jan 1 - 2021. The water bill was his responsibility. I liked Tom and he and I actually got along. He is a Jehovah witness and very religious and managed like 200 properties. Somehow Mary's (my wife) new social worker must have known TOM or the City called Tom but either way Tom did the right think and paid the water bill in full.

Monday I will go to the Chamber of commerce like I did in January to try and get in contact with the new landlord in Pasadena CA. to try and make payment arraignments. All they need to do is send me receipts for February and March and I will send them Aprils (this month) rent. It is as simple as that.

The water is working and I am on my first cup of coffee so have a lot of work to do tonight. I need to get my little baby Bala sharks out of their little 10 gallon temporary tank and into the new 36 gallon. Then I want to haul the Currie eZip trailz up the stairs for the new eZip motor on the back. The 36V - 1,000W chain drive that is on the front of the 26" dual suspension. The motor sprocket on the 750W gear reduction motor is shot and out of stock at electric scooter parts. I will be using the wheel with the 89T - 25H sprocket and chain that is on the front of the 26" dual suspension.

The 26" dual suspension will get a 1,000W rear DD hub kit for the back and the front hub motor on the back that SUNDER sent and I fixed can go up front where it belongs. 56V of LIFEPO4s can power both motors.

Also the Currie will get a custom made box that can bolt to the triangle frame for 15 - LTOs. It makes sense as the Bafang motor is 36V and the chain drive on the back is also rated at 36V and 1,000W so the currie will be hooked up and my main e bike when it is done. I got some large washers to try and fix the Bafang motor mount on the front.

Thank all of you for your concern and for posting. I consider all of you my friends. If we were to ever meet in a bar and a brawl were to break out I would have any of your backs.

Thanks.

LC. out.

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns.

I just organized my e bike workshop.

I wanted to bring the Currie up tonight and work on it. Basically the 750 watt gear reduction motor on the back is useless as there is no place that has a new sprocket for 410 or 415 bike chain. Electric scooter parts are out of stock and did not see one anywhere else.

I guess I will have to take the 36V chain drive off the front of the 26" dual suspension and put it on the back of the Currie. I looked and did not see any good deals on a rear 26" hub motor either so guess the 26" dual suspension will just have the front hub motor on the back. I could throw the other Bafang on the front but dont know if it will fit. The forks might be too wide and the rim on the Bafang motor is way out of true.

Thanks.

LC. out.

What mount sprocket do you need?
Keyed, D, dual D etc?
Motor model?

What mount sprocket do you need?
Keyed, D, dual D etc?
Motor model?

I am not even sure if the 750W gear reduction motor is a dual D bore or not. Tomorrow I will take a picture of it. I have been up all night and did not even drink. I needed to take a night off from beer.

I hauled both the Currie and the 26" dual suspension up stairs and removed the 36V - 750W gear reduction motor from the Currie and the 36V - 1,000W Unite motor from the front of the 26" dual suspension.

Then I got to thinking that I really need a running functional 26 inch mountain bike now. like A.S.A.P. Also I want two motors front and rear so I did some swapping.

IMG_0891.jpgIMG_0893.jpgIMG_0894.jpg

Since both the chain drive and the Bafang on the Currie are 36V I will run 15 - LTOs on the Currie. I will be building a large box which will bolt to the triangle bracket after I beef it up. I bought lumber and hardware at home depot a few days ago.

I changed the 4 wire throttle that was running the 26" hub motor on the back with a different throttle and seems to work better. The throttle I was using was questionable.

I tested both motors separately and now have two working motors. I will be using my 13S - 7P lion pack for the 1,000W hub motor on the back and my 10S - 8P lion pack for the Bafang motor on the front.

I will take my time with the Currie now as the 26" dual suspension will be my main e bike for awhile until I get the Currie with the LTOs hooked up which will probably take at least a couple weeks.

The gear reduction part of the motor adds extra weight and the motor sprocket is in a different place vs non gear reduction motors so mounting on the back behind the seat post was not at all easy to do.

The 1,000W - 36V chain drive has no base and now that I uninstalled it from the front of the 26" dual suspension I have a lot of extra hardware. Plenty of nuts , bolts and washers as well as a lot of lumber I bought last week at the Home Depot.

I did shoot a long video riding the bike trail the day the rear Currie chain broke. That is when I stopped the video and turned around.

the 1.000W direct drive has a spare controller now brand new in a drawer in the e bike workshop. The 1,000W - 35 amp sensorless Greentime controller.

there is the video. a lot of wind noise. Not sure how to record sound better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3nQIc9chA8

The Currie ezip has a new motor.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    407 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 461
AS the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns.

IMG_0896.jpgIMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0897.jpgIMG_0898.jpgIMG_0899.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlXdOzvfMfc

Thanks.

LC. out.

Wow! :shock:

That would be a sight to see if I ever run across you while I am out and about.
I would probably twist the throttle wide open, give ya a slight nod as I passed you on by.

You'd do well with one of those Enduro type frame boxes to house all your stuff in.

Surely someones smoked their motor and have no clue whats wrong or how to repair in your area, scoop one up for dirt cheap.

111.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqaZESrFgWs

I have been looking for those connecters.

That would be a sight to see if I ever run across you while I am out and about.
I would probably twist the throttle wide open, give ya a slight nod as I passed you on by.

Well. The 26" dual suspension is a cargo bike with 28 to 30 mph gearing.

The Currie will be about the same as the 36V - 1,000W motor has 28 mph gearing.

The 3 kilowatt brushless motor and 70 amp 60V controller however is brand spanking new and in my e bike workshop waiting for me to build the Haro V3. That will have 45 mph gearing with the 16S - LIFEPO4 batteries which will be 3.7V * 16 = 59.2V. 16S - 5P.

Will you be able to pass that ?

Thanks.

LC. out.

For the box, a small drain hole in the bottom corners of the box might be a thought for the odd times when a bit of rain gets in?
For the connectors I reckon you could tin snip some rectangles and drill the ends for just a few

n the interim, a small drain hole in the bottom corners of the box might be a thought for the odd times when a bit of rain gets in?

I try not to ride at all when there is rain but usually have a couple large plastic trash bags with me. The 50 gallon lawn and leaf bags are heavy duty plastic and can easily cover my batteries and controllers / wiring and a smaller bag clear plastic can cover the handle bars shielding the throttle and DC breakers.

I want to build a box to house the LTOs and need a BMS and the connecters. I have been looking. They are in the video on the top of my last post.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Will you be able to pass that ?
Well maybe not, not unless I got proper pedal gearing or I go 72V with my 5T Leaf 1500W but it would be a nod and I gotta turn and go the other way. :lol: :wink:

In the rain its easy to find a plastic garbage bag to cover things up with. In this city transit used to put spare clear bags tucked up on the side at the top side of the bin but lots of bums steal them. If the bags arent there they will sometimes be some folded up at the bottom of the garbage can. They outsourced the labor now for cleaning so I am sure they dont pull that move any more.

If you wanted the screw on terminals I remember seeing those with the LifePO4 Headways and such, BMS Battery still sells the screw on terminal but obviously not the same as the LTO you want.

You could make your own triangle box. Probably best to grab some styrofoam from the dumpsters, glue up the form you want and use fibreglass. Or just buy a Pelican case, they are expensive, ammo boxes are an option. I found this one for ya https://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-x-6-in-x-13-in-black-aluminum-case-69318.html?_br_psugg_q=case
this ammo box would be heavy https://www.harborfreight.com/metal-030-caliber-ammo-can-57767.html
lots of cases to choose from - https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=ammo%20box

OK last post, I promise!

You puss away more money on half asexual builds than I could ever imagine. You think you have invented the wheel and claim to be an eNike builder. Grow the frock up. Use the really nice fellas that try to help you daily and build a decent bike. So far they are all bastards. ANC you’ve pissed hundreds if not thousands on stubborn clueless and half assed ideas.

I’m an electrical idiot but my bikes are lighg years ahead of you. Am I smarter? frock no. I just accept that the wheel has already been invented and rake advise.

All the best!

Tom

LTO batteries are safe and wont catch on fire. Ammo boxes are for LiPo. I don't even use metal boxes when I run lion but do have metal recycling cans for charging lion in my e bike work shop.

I have lumber to build a box to hold the LTOs. They will not be able to move around but will be stabilized and secure by design.

It will bolt to a heavy duty reinforced version of my famous or infamous triangle bracket. I will need four wing nuts to bolt it down.

Since I keep the e bikes that I run out in the van I need to bring all my batteries upstairs for charging.

IMG_0143.JPG

I just need the connecters and do not want to order the wrong size as these are 18 AH cells and most LTOs are 35 or 40 Ah so larger and wont work. I need the exact connecters that are in the video I posted as well as a 60 to 80 amp 15S LTO BMS.

OK last post, I promise!

You puss away more money on half asexual builds than I could ever imagine. You think you have invented the wheel and claim to be an eNike builder. Grow the frock up. Use the really nice fellas that try to help you daily and build a decent bike. So far they are all bastards. ANC you’ve pissed hundreds if not thousands on stubborn clueless and half assed ideas.

That statement is not even worthy of a response but fill in the blanks.

" Opinions are like a _ _ holes. Everybody has one.

Since it is his last post I might as well dedicate a youtube video to Tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Pvznv22nk

Thanks.

LC out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back