36V battery less than a month old looks charged but no power?

I won't say the brand as I'm working with the seller who has been helpful but...what would cause this? It's on an MTB and it's a pedal-assist bike.

The motor on/off switch control on my handlebar just wouldn't turn on a week ago and they thought it was that...but the replacement did not fix the issue. I checked all wiring, saw that the battery is charged but just for fun, I tested the terminal (I confirmed the pinout from the control board underneath).

If the A/C adapter is plugged in, then the power is displayed as shown. If not...there's no output. Is this normal or did something happen to the battery? Being ridden less than two hours, I'm questioning what would cause this. I didn't drop the bike or had a crash or anything either. I have another e-Bike so not like I'm dying to get this fixed right away but puzzled.

Also, this could be in my head but when I opened the controller underneath the battery, everything seemed okay but there was just a faint smell of something that had fried; but again, it could be me and could be from the factory but it made me wonder if something had shorted.

pic pls,
Take voltage at battery, may the BMS tripped, could be bad cell(s)

Do you have a multi meter?

Yep. You need a multimeter, and ideally but not mandatory, an ebike tester. First you need to know if there is proper voltage at controller input, then if there is output on the 5v circuit. Those are the minimal conditions, after which you can test controls (switch, throttle, ebrakes), halls and phase output, and all connectors.

Back