E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Where you indicated right before the weld for the brake bracket is:
42.8 or
1 11/6”

Tv fuse is there to protect the wire so no melty melty, fire action not really for the controller or battery pack.
Also good to have it as a backup if the bms or controller fail in some epic way..

litespeed said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
litespeed, what issues did you have fitting the QS205 to your stock swingarm?

Sorry, I’m a poser here! I have an EEB framed bike. I originally was buying a stealth but knew I wanted more power so built my own....with parts available. In hind sight I wish I had the stealth because I can’t peddle past 24-25 mph.......cadence is too high to be comfortable. Problem with these big motors and the el cheap-o frames.

Here is mine,

Tom

How are the 241s front and rear working for you?

Rix said:
How are the 241s front and rear working for you?

They are just great. One of the best things I have ever done as far as ebikeing goes. I have probably 5000 miles on them and they still look great!

Thanks for the recommendation Rix.

Tom

Camo gray P7-r arrived today and Stealth sure make a very tidy bike.

Interesting on the one I have received is that the controller is mounted like the fighter rather than inside the frame. Pics on the website show it internal. Maybe this is because I have the long range battery. Watts limit in the controller limit settings is 1600w. And it’s came with the dnm burner rcp 2s rear shock vs the sr suntour duair on the web. Don’t know how these compare. Interested in any views.

Currently raining hard so not going for a ride yet.

Tats said:

Interesting on the one I have received is that the controller is mounted like the fighter rather than inside the frame. Pics on the website show it internal. Maybe this is because I have the long range battery. Watts limit in the controller limit settings is 1600w. And it’s came with the dnm burner rcp 2s rear shock vs the sr suntour duair on the web. Don’t know how these compare. Interested in any views.

I think putting the controller on the outside is a much better idea, than inside the frame. Controllers get very hot when they're not out in the air flow.

As Elton said...The Bitch is Back!!!
It lives!! The green meanie is back and alive! All thanks to Rix! With out his generosity I would still be bike-less figuring out specifics of a Kelly.. I'm still figuring out the Kelly but now I have a working bike!! The controller works perfect! Thank you man!! Christmas in May?? Can't tell you how great it was to see that rear wheel turning again!

51154406006_179b975912_c.jpg

Tats said:

Yah, Stealth is hanging the controllers on the outside of the P7R now. Its for the better, BELIEVE me on this.

1abv said:
As Elton said...The Bitch is Back!!!
It lives!! The green meanie is back and alive! All thanks to Rix! With out his generosity I would still be bike-less figuring out specifics of a Kelly.. I'm still figuring out the Kelly but now I have a working bike!! The controller works perfect! Thank you man!! Christmas in May?? Can't tell you how great it was to see that rear wheel turning again!

51154406006_179b975912_c.jpg

Glad your machine is working again, guys like you and TV posting continues pics is keep this thread going.

Tats said:
Yah, Stealth is hanging the controllers on the outside of the P7R now. Its for the better, BELIEVE me on this.

Yep definitely not complaining. On my diy bike my phaserunner gets into rollback on the last hill coming home.

What do people think about the dnm shock? Seems like a fox dhx copy and feels pretty plush.

I couldn't get the DNM stuff to work how I wanted... But some people get good results out of them. I've had it rebuilt and revalved which made it much better. I ride off-road and in hard California dirt.. and im a sensitive artist... ;) For me they seem to work fine for smooth jumps etc but on hard square edge stuff not so much.. granted its asking a lot with all that weight of the motor swinging around.. But you are gonna get a lot of varied answers on that question.. I would ride it, play with the clickers and see how you feel..

1abv said:
Tats said:

Yep definitely not complaining. On my diy bike my phaserunner gets into rollback on the last hill coming home.

What do people think about the dnm shock? Seems like a fox dhx copy and feels pretty plush.

II could get the DNM stuff to work how I wanted... But some people get good results out of them. Ive had it rebuilt and revalved which made it much better. I ride off-road and in hard California dirt.. and im a sensitive artist... ;) For me they seem to work fine for smooth jumps etc but on hard square edge stuff not so much.. granted its asking a lot with all that weight of the motor swinging around.. But you are gonna get a lot of varied answers on that question.. I would ride it, play with the clickers and see how you feel..

In addition to what ABV said, the DNM are getting better. Stealth has been active with the development of DNM shocks for their bikes, to include traveling to the DNM factory and providing face to face input. It's a constant R&D. Said that to say this, Some of us riding older Stealths, have the same shocks, but different valving over the 2018 and newer bikes. The latest DNM I have ridden is night and day improved over the DNM on Bomber 143. what I mean by this is, the small bump compliance is better and more plush, at the same time, its harder to bottom out the shock from a hard landing. The biggest challenge for Stealth is coming up with a universal valving/spring combo that can accommodate riders between 150# and 250#. And I feel they achieved this. I can take a spanner and back the spring preload all the way out and make it soft for a lighter rider, and conversely increase the spring preload to make the machine work for a heavy rider such as myself. Still, nothing beats having the suspension properly sprung and valved for a riders specific needs, abilities, and dimensions. Every dirt bike I have ever owned would get suspension work done before I would even ride it, so the concept seems normal to me for ebikes as well.

I've been discovering some hidden MTB trails in my area. I came across the guy who was building them. He just finished up on this trail...I wish there was an app that showed elevation change on a picture because that trail falls off a friggin cliff after that turn.. Crazy180 degree switchbacks in sandy loose dirt on a cliff edge good god.. I wound up walking the bike down most of it... bananas

51160699979_94273e5fb1_c.jpg

What a fun little bike the p7-r is. Did my first shakedown ride and compared to my demo with the 3540 and battery hanging out the ass like a 911, the handling is night and day. And that’s with the seat too low, too far forward and the bars too angled back. Once I get the contact points set up this is going to be really comfy.

The suspension is great and again is not set up yet. Mt5 maguro are much better than my old avid codes too but that’s not surprising. Yeah it’s not going to win any top speed races, but it’s got much more torque than my old bike and 50+kmh on the flat is easy. And it’s very chuckable. For now I’ve set the bike limits to soft start to smooth things out until I’m used to a twist throttle again. 16.3 wh/km over the hilly track I’ve been on is about 20% more efficient than I’m used to. And the rack hasn’t moved a bit so my bodge might just work.

51160699944_50e689ea48_c.jpg

I just put an order in for a custom racetech g3 remote res shock.. should be here in about 5 weeks or so.. I cant wait to see the difference..
They had me take a boat load of measurements on my bike, swing arm length, eye to eye shock length fully extended, fully compressed etc... Come to find out they built one for someone.. I saw a pic of it at their shop. it was TV red!!! no tassels though..
TV are you doing fancy shock stuff and not telling the class?????

I’ve been out playing with my clickers today - made rear rebound softer by a couple of clicks and not getting kicked out the saddle now. Fitted the shockwiz to the durolux fork and ran the calibration a couple of times-boy is it tough to extend, it’s got a real high compression ratio in it compared to my old boxxer. I’ve stuck 57psi for now and will see what the computerer says. Only showing 10% confidence at the moment from a 14k pavement ride so I need much more riding. But the air is showing up green so that’s a start.

I’ve also moved the controls in a bit on the bar. Gone from 780 to 740 and that’s made things comfier and will try for a bit before cutting anything. And the soft start is set to no.

One real nice thing is the ability to provide pedal input at the higher speeds. I’ve added some shimano saints so a wider pedal can allow me some decent clearance from the rack mounts. Not that they are a problem,

1abv said:
51160699944_50e689ea48_c.jpg

I just put an order in for a custom racetech g3 remote res shock.. should be here in about 5 weeks or so.. I cant wait to see the difference..
They had me take a boat load of measurements on my bike, swing arm length, eye to eye shock length fully extended, fully compressed etc... Come to find out they built one for someone.. I saw a pic of it at their shop. it was TV red!!! no tassels though..
TV are you doing fancy shock stuff and not telling the class?????

I'm running this 11" Fastace shock on my bike. It lowered my seat height about 3/8". I consider it an improvement over the stock shock, and it looks good too.

130kms riding and getting the p7-r dialled in. It’s a really nice handling bike. Wasn’t getting anywhere with the stock bars as they don’t have any markings so my adjustments were somewhat coarse. So enter a renthal fatbar 31.8 - these have got lots of lines and measures to work from. Lifted the bar by a small spacer, moved the controls to comfortable width - 725mm bar is perfect for me and the riding I’m doing and set the angle to avoid any strange wrist angle or hand pressure. Super comfy now.

The shockwiz has got my front pressure set to 51psi, no spacers, one click hsc, two lsc, four hsr and four lsr as the latest adjustments for now. The fork and rear shock are very impressive. I’m riding pavements so the super moto x tyres are up at 50psi.

In case any of youse guys ever get a wild hair and actually wash your bike, I recommend this ceramic wax. I've never seen anything like it, it's the tits.

20210509-211000.jpg

51167801345_be80c22022_c.jpg

King of the Hill!!!! That's a Milwaukee Hatchet mounted on to the frame.. Best tool ever!!

1abv said:
I've been discovering some hidden MTB trails in my area. I came across the guy who was building them. He just finished up on this trail...I wish there was an app that showed elevation change on a picture because that trail falls off a friggin cliff after that turn.. Crazy180 degree switchbacks in sandy loose dirt on a cliff edge good god.. I wound up walking the bike down most of it... bananas

I appreciate the epic pics you are posting, this looks rugged. Hey TV, you got anything like this in Dallas?

Rix said:
1abv said:

I appreciate the epic pics you are posting, this looks rugged. Hey TV, you got anything like this in Dallas?

Dallas is loaded with wildlife. This is a Barflyus Rumposaur in the wild.

Back