TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

casainho said:
AZUR said:
If PWM = 0 the motor power is zero.

Power Delay Issue it is more visible, on youtube, if the video is being presented with a playback speed of 0.25.
I think I understand the root of this issue, and may be the same for the issue on lights not working. I think the issue is that the firmware is trying to control the current with a minimum value 0.156 amps with the same as the control step of 0.156 amps - I mean, the current min value should be an higher value like 1 amp, so there are 6 steps to control the current. Right now, I think that when PWM is 0 and will start to increase, the current value will bounce near zero before finally increase and that bounce is taking the undesirable time... I thin the solution may be to force the min current value to be like 1 amp.

My focus is to develop the TSDZ2 wireless and then I will be back to the TSDZ2 firmware.

HI all,

Power Delay Isue, is also being analyzed in the mbrusa forum.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=110682&start=75#p1624431

The problem is not yet solved and it is very demotivating, for those who do mountain biking, on complex trails.

Below I present the link to anyone who wants to help,

Thanks

Azur

casainho said:
nbdriver said:
So as for today it seems very difficult to order a motor compatible with the OSF, it is a shame... and not good for the people who want to enter in this wonderful project today...
Buy the old motor controller for 35€ - done!

And please add this information to the wiki!!
The question I have before I buy a spare (hopefully old) controller or two is whether at some point in the future it will be possible to flash the new infineon controller with the OSF?
I’m well aware that these things are easy to ask for but difficult to implement! Thanks for all that you do.

devboy-greg said:
casainho said:
nbdriver said:
So as for today it seems very difficult to order a motor compatible with the OSF, it is a shame... and not good for the people who want to enter in this wonderful project today...

The question I have before I buy a spare (hopefully old) controller or two is whether at some point in the future it will be possible to flash the new infineon controller with the OSF?
I’m well aware that these things are easy to ask for but difficult to implement! Thanks for all that you do.
Please donate to me or other developers (like mbrusa or mspider65) the new motor controllers!!

casainho said:
devboy-greg said:
casainho said:
nbdriver said:

Please donate to me or other developers (like mbrusa or mspider65) the new motor controllers!!
No problem, I will PM you...

This is the link to r0nkos fork for all those who are unhappy with the actual motor behaviour.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105973

It is a torque only mode with immediate response And its compatible with the sw102 displays...
For me the best solution unless this mode isn’t implemented in the standard open source firmware. Since this mode already exists i wonder why this issue cant be fixed...
however

Peacepirate said:
This is the link to r0nkos fork for all those who are unhappy with the actual motor behaviour.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105973

It is a torque only mode with immediate response And its compatible with the sw102 displays...
For me the best solution unless this mode isn’t implemented in the standard open source firmware. Since this mode already exists i wonder why this issue cant be fixed...
however

It is going to be related to one of these changes:

Current ramp made quicker
PWM ramp-up made a bit quicker

The current ramp is multiplied by 3 internally in the firmware, so if you set 6a/sec, the firmware will ramp at 18a/sec - it could be this. I will see if I can get time to look at the internals of motor.c today and compare with the current version used in v20.1c

Hello,

For more than 2 years I was using the opensource firmware with the KT-LCD3 display and I was fully satisfied (v0.20.0-beta.1). I take this opportunity to thank all the community the work
work done is simply remarkable ;)
I just switched to the new firmware (v1.1.0) with the 860C display and I despair to find the behavior I had until now. I used as much as possible the same settings but I did not activate the torque sensor calibration.

My power assist has a delay of a few hundred ms which makes the experience much less pleasant than it was:

1- This delay is present at startup
2- This delay is also present at the stop of the pedaling

Point 2 is more annoying, since I have to stop pedaling for a longer time to change gears (to reduce the stress on the chain/derailleur) before starting pedaling again.

On the motor side, I'm using TSDZ2-v1.1.1.hex firmware, maybe I should flash v1.1.0 (I didn't try)? What are the differences between the 2 versions?

In short, as I only changed the software, I think that there must be a setting that I don't understand, could you give me an idea of what is happening?

Thanks guys!

Hi guys, I've been messing around for days to flash and connect the 860C display to the TSDZ2 but I just can't.

Meanwhile, an easy question: is the 860C display (with the appropriate wire changes) compatible with the TSDZ2? That is with the original engine firmware, can the display show basic parameters like the VLCD6?

And now the hardest part: installed and configured drivers and software for the bootloader as indicated in github website, the display turns on so is powered correctly, but any attempt to program it with "Apt Burn Tools" fails.
I connected the two wires for the power supply and the two TX and RX wires, leaving out the orange wire of the display whose function I don't know.

Apt software shows "Waiting..." but nothing

List of all attempts made:
- correctly identified the COM port
- swap the RX and TX cables in both ways
- tested on laptop and desktop PC both with Windows 10
- all display keys work correctly
- programming performed with and without Administrator privileges
- numerous attempts to restart the display before and during programming
- tests performed with different supply voltages (between 27 and 38 volts)
- pressing the power button on the display both with the screen on and off
- duration of pressing the button from a simple click to a few seconds
- tests carried out with three different USB-UART bootloader

Could it be a non-reprogrammable version of the display?
860c firmware.jpg
860C seriale.jpg

darione said:
Hi guys, I've been messing around for days to flash and connect the 860C display to the TSDZ2 but I just can't.

Did You connect ground (GND) from USB/UART with display's GND? It's common mistake that people forgot to make common ground with these two devices.

bikelpl said:
darione said:

Did You connect ground (GND) from USB/UART with display's GND? It's common mistake that people forgot to make common ground with these two devices.

Thank you for reply.
GND from USB/UART is connected to "IN-" of DC-DC Step up power and the "OUT-" to display GND
Uart e Power.jpg

Rydon said:
mctubster said:
Are you considering moving to v20.1c? Would love a patched 850c binary for that if you do

Cheers

mbrusa already did an 850C version for v20.1C. I have tested it. It works great!

I have uploaded the 20.1c versions to SW102. setup menu crashes very often. To set everything up, I had to disconnect the battery 16 times. But it worked. Driving test tomorrow.

I'm on a test drive. Much better than 1.1.0, you can say a masterpiece, the hybrid mode is a revelation. But, it's terribly power-hungry. After 12 km on flat terrain, I heated up to 72 °, the consumption was quite high in the 5th mode out of 9 practically around 500W pulls. 3V battery drop after 12km. Where on 0.8 with a calibrated sensor I did 2x as much on a similar support factor (50%), but I never reached 60 ° on the same route. And the power fluctuated in the range of 100-250W with the same sensations of support.

This weakening of the field does not suit me terribly, I like a low cadence, but when I crank the crank around 110, I do not feel any resistance at all and the 350W power consumption jumps in. It is a pity that it can not be turned off because it may be the reason of power-hungry in the lower cadence and the effect of 0 ...

darione said:
bikelpl said:
darione said:

Thank you for reply.
GND from USB/UART is connected to "IN-" of DC-DC Step up power and the "OUT-" to display GND
Uart e Power.jpg
I tried the setup you have above. Never got it to work. Either the step up converter didn’t have enough juice or the USB port couldn’t supply enough. I ended up adding a cable to supply the display direct from the battery. Make sure you connect both the USB/UART output ground to the battery ground and the display ground.

mctubster said:
darione said:
bikelpl said:
darione said:

Thank you for reply.
Uart e Power.jpg
I tried the setup you have above. Never got it to work. Either the step up converter didn’t have enough juice or the USB port couldn’t supply enough. I ended up adding a cable to supply the display direct from the battery. Make sure you connect both the USB/UART output ground to the battery ground and the display ground.

Some of those dc-dc converters use a shared ground, others float the ground. In the latter case you may not get a reliable digital signal across.

jagec said:
mctubster said:
darione said:
bikelpl said:

Thank you for reply.
Uart e Power.jpg

Some of those dc-dc converters use a shared ground, others float the ground. In the latter case you may not get a reliable digital signal across.

Thanks for your suggestions. I also tried connecting the display to the battery but the programming still fails

Im running now 1.0.1 ver
My TQ sensor is very limited range . I did precise calibration for left and right crank and it is great now.
Only one thing what bothers me a lit bit
I have Left crank down as a start calibration. And it TQ menu i have set up it as a LEFT.
I start with Left crank down. Then I go to technical menu and there is RIGH . If I set RIGHT in TQ menu in technical info I have Left.
Im I missing something?
Also my Human power data looks like Superman:) . Looks like it is 2x I used to have ( in 20.1.C2 was around 283 max now I have around 500)
Is there any correction parameter I can use to make it more real on display?

I ask here too.

I’m so confused. I programmed the new controller and STVisual Programer flash software and says memories succesfully veryfied. Then I turn the power on and nothing happens. I've tried different cables, changed the TX and RX cable places, not success. I also have a brand new TSDZ2 motor with exactly same problem. Although I didn't try to see if it worked with the stock software, I immediately installed OSF, but it doesn't work. I've tried to put stock firmware back to motor according the instructions of the Eco cycles but motor do not start. Displays stays blank.

I have not had any problems with previous motors. OSF has been installed right away and everything has worked fine. Now nothing works. Would there be any solution to the problem

dameri said:
I ask here too.

I’m so confused. I programmed the new controller and STVisual Programer flash software and says memories succesfully veryfied. Then I turn the power on and nothing happens. I've tried different cables, changed the TX and RX cable places, not success. I also have a brand new TSDZ2 motor with exactly same problem. Although I didn't try to see if it worked with the stock software, I immediately installed OSF, but it doesn't work. I've tried to put stock firmware back to motor according the instructions of the Eco cycles but motor do not start. Displays stays blank.

I have not had any problems with previous motors. OSF has been installed right away and everything has worked fine. Now nothing works. Would there be any solution to the problem
You need to find a way to see the the issue is on the display or on the motor controller, like swapping units that you know are working.

casainho said:
dameri said:
I ask here too.

You need to find a way to see the the issue is on the display or on the motor controller, like swapping units that you know are working.

I have different displays four pieces. All of them are working. Controller is new. And whole motor is new as I said.

dameri said:
I have different displays four pieces. All of them are working. Controller is new. And whole motor is new as I said.
Then maybe you have a damaged controller.

casainho said:
dameri said:
Then maybe you have a damaged controller.

How can I check it? Can new devices can be damaged?

Need a lit bit help as i get confused.
Max motor speed parameter visible on the main screen ( not on the set up menu) .
I have notice that is set to 1500 .
What does it exactly mean as if i have 48 v battery and 16 amps set up then Max motor power is around 750.
How change it from 1500 to lets say 750 affect the motor?
Im using ver 1.01.

hey guy`s i know it a little OT at the moment, but im planning to purchase another TSDZ kit.
i`ve found one where the 850C is already connectet, without the need to solder an adapter cable.

https://de.aliexpress.com/af/TSDZ.html?d=y&origin=n&SearchText=TSDZ&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20210430091155

is there any "real" difference between the 500 and 750 watt versions, eg a differtent controller ? or is it just a software limitation ?

Heisenberg60 said:
is there any "real" difference between the 500 and 750 watt versions, eg a differtent controller ? or is it just a software limitation ?
No, No, Yes
There are just two motor types 36V 4000RPM and 48V 4000RPM, all other hardware and electronics are the same.
There are 2 controller types, the new 2020 type can't be programmed yet, only the older one.

Heisenberg60 said:
hey guy`s i know it a little OT at the moment, but im planning to purchase another TSDZ kit.
i`ve found one where the 850C is already connectet, without the need to solder an adapter cable.

https://de.aliexpress.com/af/TSDZ.html?d=y&origin=n&SearchText=TSDZ&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20210430091155

You should seriously think to buy 860c display. It is much more better in sunlight. And also modern looking.

Back