Best place to buy Ebike frame in EU?

azad

10 W
Hi,

I am thinking of re-building the ebike (i.e. 2-3kw mid drive) and I have enduro frame in mind but I can't find it anywhere within EU. Also it is pretty expensive frame. (~400$ without wheels and taxes). Can anybody suggest best place to buy in EU and also if there is better alternative frame don't hesitate to share. I do trekking and also commute which means I would like to add a parcel carrier to the frame as well.

Chinese Enduro frame, or other Chinese box frames, are not expansive. Their average price is closer to 400$ than 4k. They are not commonly available in Europe or America because there is no interesting profit to make by stocking them. Some are western made, more expansive of course, and usually better. Many of those western made frames are normally around 1000$, but be aware that some are in fact Chinese frames with a western brand name on it. Then, some components are expansive. Even a cheap frame can make an expansive bike if you build it with quality components. Without any details, it is impossible to tell if you are offered a good deal at 4k.

MadRhino said:
Chinese Enduro frame, or other Chinese box frames, are not expansive. Their average price is closer to 400$ than 4k. They are not commonly available in Europe or America because there is no interesting profit to make by stocking them. Some are western made, more expansive of course, and usually better. Many of those western made frames are normally around 1000$, but be aware that some are in fact Chinese frames with a western brand name on it. Then, some components are expansive. Even a cheap frame can make an expansive bike if you build it with quality components. Without any details, it is impossible to tell if you are offered a good deal at 4k.

It was a mistake, I used the local currency instead of dollars. You are right they are around 400$ if imported from china. However, I still think it is costly because there is high import duty on ebikes and this might be considered an ebike without wheels. A few years ago it was possible to buy whole bicycle in 300$ and now even wheels cost this much.

Back