Prismatic lifePo4 cells 50ah Sale

johnnyz

1 kW
Hey there

Its been a while since ive been on here...I purchased a test set of prismatic LifePo4 cells, 50 ah to test on a test bike (Emmo DX)cell3.jpg, cell2.jpg, The cells measure about 165 mm tall by 135 mm wide and about 31 mm thick.
I wanted to test these on an ebike so I built a 72 volt pack. ondesk.jpg.
pic2.jpg
I designed some batt tops for them and installed in the bike after upgrading the wiring.
inbike.jpg
I got the following results...On an 80 kph rural stretch heading into London, I kept the bike at around 60 KPH and sometimes higher, but never below 55. I got into town and showed the bike to the ebike owners and customers, and then proceeded back, this time at 50 KPH as I didnt know if it would make it back. Not only did it make it back (112 kms), but by my calculation on voltage it had about 20% left. This is a heavy relatively big bike and by my estimate of 33 Wh/Km the cells are accurate with respect to being 50 ah. bike.jpg
So here is my question..I am going to be ordering aprox 300 of these, as I got a bit of a deal and have had requests for battery packs but if demand doesnt match my stock, then if anyone is interested in purchasing these from me, I will sell at the price I bought them for. Let me know.

Might want to mod the title with your geographic restriction, e.g. UK/EU only

Not sure about the location thing..Im from Glencoe Ontario. Thats about 40 Mins from London. As for people buying these, will sell to whomever ...shipping is up to the buyer.. ;)

johnnyz said:
Glencoe Ontario.

What kind of price are we talking about? I'm reasonably close.

Got any other details on these? a data sheet would be nice to see.

johnnyz said:
Not sure about the location thing..Im from Glencoe Ontario. Thats about 40 Mins from London. As for people buying these, will sell to whomever ...shipping is up to the buyer.. ;)
Sorry I assumed the original London.

LI packs being Hazmat goods may complicate things if you want to be sure of avoiding big fines.

When I asked for a data sheet it was in Chinese...I asked her to send something in English and she sent me this...not exactly complete, but during my tests, they were correct with respect to capacity.data.jpg

They did sag a bit more than I thought however, but like the headway cells I used, this chemistry sags more than others..

By the time I got them to me with shipping, by air which was relatively quick they were $40 each...by Sea they cost me $32 each but that takes 55 days...this is in Canadian dollars...

As for the shipping, I understand the dangerous goods addition to the cost and the need for documentation, even though this chemistry will not blow up, catch fire or go boom....

That's a great price even if they last half as long as CALB Winston et al.

For use cases that don't need top density

Go to a higher Ah capacity, lowers the C-rate, reduces the sag and extends lifespan.

Ideally well below 1C except for short peaks.

Also for normal cycling, stop charging at 3.42 - 3.47V, no reason to go higher except occasional cap testing.

johnnyz said:
By the time I got them to me with shipping, by air which was relatively quick they were $40 each...by Sea they cost me $32 each but that takes 55 days...this is in Canadian dollars...

I'd be interested let me know when you are ready to order.

Im setting up the order today, along with some BMS units. Ive had a challenge from the owner of a golf course ..he wants me to build a pack for one of their golf carts (48 volts) and if its better than lead acid after testing (chuckle chuckle), then he wants the remaining carts done with these cells..just have to find out how much draw via amps these thing pull which probably isnt much..so ordering 100 by air (get them here in 2 weeks but more expensive) and 200 by sea. Just to give the cost of shipping, (and I had to look hard and long to find it this cheap) 100 by air is $1565 US, and 200 by sea is $1168 US.
Ive order a Sur ron as well and am ordering 200 18650 Panasonic PF cells and making another pack to hook up in parallel to the pack on the bike to increase the range as that is a weak point on this bike.

What BMS's are you looking at using?

These bluetooth ones are quite nice and easy to configure.

https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/product-category/smart-bms/

Thanks for the tip..ya they are about the same price point as the BMS units I am getting with the cells...and they look like some nice units...

I forgot to mention, after 4 cycles, I tested the voltages of all the cells to see how well they were playing together...here it is..I think its pretty good....rsz_volts.jpg

Don't let them sit at high V like that for long!

For longevity, when not actively being cycled, keep at the midpoint or lower

and ideally cool.

Only charge hours before loads need feeding

Thanks for the post...ya that was after a 35 km ride I believe...just wanted to see where they sat. Right now they are all at about 3.2 volts...

Sorry for not being on here for a while... been very very busy...Yes I have some, and ordering more. Also have a line on 85 ah cells and 125 ah cells at reasonable prices...the only thing thats not being reasonable is the market...my vendor tells me one day they are available and the next theyre sold out...Ill post some pics and specs. For pricing on the 50ah, send me a PM

Only way these days to ensure a steady supply to build cred with customers

is inventory yourself, keep (at least) six months' optimistic projection local, re-order top-ups every couple weeks

as sales increase, ramp up the inventory very quickly.

Capital intensive business, can't compete on price but service & availability.

Just in time is out the window, may never return

Yes, but these days, in the time of Covid, things are haywire, and supply chains are constantly disrupted. I dont understand it in its entirety but I cant afford to have huge stock, when I dont know if they will sit in my garage...this year is kind of a feeling out process and im sure that when things get back to pre-Covid days things will start to return to normal..

maybe not.

I think supply chain between Asia and NA may continue to be disrupted for years, maybe get worse, so many dosastrous possibilities

best to plan for that being the new normal

Back