Eternal outskirts of Moscow and beyond (LOTS of pics!)

goatman said:
ive been waiting patiently for you next episode and am you hoping you havent gotten trapped in the perfect manhole or swallowed up by sewage sludge

I'm all right, just got trapped by perfect everyday routine and became swallowed by a common laziness 8)
But i've overcome and brought some new pics, so enjoy!

topspeed said:
Well....thanks for the trip to Moscow. :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Some USSR systems still visible.

You've got me thinking, so i've forced myself into saddle and ride through vicinity of Moscow Southern River port, where tempest of renovation and gentrification is raging in full force!

Territory of a former Moscow city transport department maintenance site now is just a wasteland. New tramway depot is planned here:
IMG_9281.jpg

Old WWII memorial and some blue spruces is only remains:
IMG_9279.jpg

Heating plant of an old Moscow chlorine factory:
IMG_9283.jpg

A little bridge over heating pipes on "a people's path" through industrial railroad:
IMG_9284.jpg

IMG_9287.jpg

Reservoirs of "Moscow-Azerbaijan vine factory". Yes, that's an actual thing!
IMG_9290.jpg

IMG_9294.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9300.jpg

A little swamp nearby industrial railroad to a Southern Port:
IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9306.jpg

IMG_9311.jpg

Ruins of an old concrete plant:
IMG_9312.jpg

IMG_9314.jpg

IMG_9317.jpg

IMG_9319.jpg

IMG_9320.jpg

Administrative building of Pechatniki subway depot:
IMG_9321.jpg

I'm standing on actual subway tunnel and looking on a vast impound car lot and Moscow-city skyscrapers in a distance:
IMG_9323.jpg

IMG_9325.jpg

IMG_9327.jpg

IMG_9329.jpg

IMG_9330.jpg

A rare П-111 panel buildings:
IMG_9333.jpg

That's a good thing - to have a dirt road with a puddles amidst a big modern city:
IMG_9344.jpg

IMG_9340.jpg

IMG_9338.jpg

IMG_9346.jpg

IMG_9348.jpg

My bike, П-111 building and small blue sign of Russian post office:
IMG_9351.jpg

My bike and ruins of an old cement elevator:
IMG_9357.jpg

Elevator had a magnificent view from another bank of Moscow river on a sunrise, so it's a shame we lost it... But local muscovites covered with cement dust is happy to get rid of this "sightseeing":
IMG_9362.jpg

IMG_9365.jpg

IMG_9369.jpg

Remaining (not for long, i'm afraid) buildings of Moscow Fat Plant, a former source of a tasty mayonnaise, margarine, ketchup and other culinary fats and souces:
IMG_9374.jpg

Novoproletraskaya industrial railroad station and blooming lilac:
IMG_9384.jpg

IMG_9382.jpg

IMG_9380.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg

Nischenka river trying to survive yet another construction of a highway:
IMG_9387.jpg

IMG_9386.jpg

IMG_9388.jpg

IMG_9391.jpg

Actually, it's a pedestrian pathway. But only "pedestrians" this time was me on my moped and this rider on a horse:
IMG_9394.jpg

Portal cranes of a Southern Port:
IMG_9402.jpg

IMG_9404.jpg

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9412.jpg

IMG_9414.jpg

Panel buildings blocked together in a shape of a sail:
IMG_9416.jpg

Chimneys of a decommissioned ТЭЦ ЗИЛ (electric-heating power plant of a Lihatchyov automobile plant):
IMG_9420.jpg

That's all for this week!

marty said:
What is a vine factory? Is it a wine factory?

Yes, wine, of course! I'm mistyped :) Factory is a strong word, i guess, it's mostly bottling and labeling of beverages from Azerbaijan.

Trip to "new Moscow" - former territories of Moscow oblast. Villages, fields and small towns amidst forests and meadows, just like in 60's, when Moscow rapidly consumed lands within Moscow Circle Road. A new urbanistic frontier, sort of speak.

Moscow Circle Road on the right, fence of FIS (Foreign Intelligence Service of the Russia) on the left, and McDonalds sign just ahead:
IMG_9421.jpg

One of checkpoints of FIS:
IMG_9422.jpg

Old fields of some long forgotten moscow kolhoz:
IMG_9423.jpg

A view to a FIS HQ buildings:
IMG_9425.jpg

A surprise swamp on a creek crossing:
IMG_9429.jpg

IMG_9430.jpg

IMG_9435.jpg

A little apple tree beside a swampy creek:
IMG_9432.jpg

A fresh mud decorates my bike:
IMG_9434.jpg

Farewell look to a "inside moscow circle road" Moscow, a Yasenevo district:
IMG_9439.jpg

Onwards to the wilderness!
IMG_9442.jpg

IMG_9444.jpg

On the other side of wild forest i've saw a sunset over Kommunarka. It was a little settlement with pig farms merely a decade ago, now it's a brand new city district with wide roads, tall buildings and new subway stations:
IMG_9446.jpg

IMG_9447.jpg

IMG_9449.jpg

New subway tunnel emerges on the earth surface:
IMG_9450.jpg

IMG_9452.jpg

IMG_9456.jpg

IMG_9457.jpg

Construction of a new subway station:
IMG_9458.jpg

IMG_9465.jpg

IMG_9479.jpg

IMG_9466.jpg

IMG_9468.jpg

IMG_9469.jpg

IMG_9472.jpg

IMG_9474.jpg

IMG_9476.jpg

IMG_9481.jpg

Another small river just being buried underground:
IMG_9454.jpg

IMG_9463.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9489.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg

IMG_9509.jpg

IMG_9511.jpg

Sun is finally set:
IMG_9488.jpg

IMG_9494.jpg

IMG_9496.jpg

IMG_9498.jpg

IMG_9502.jpg

That must be a very important tree:
IMG_9512.jpg

IMG_9514.jpg

IMG_9517.jpg

Heat pipes in a space blankets:
IMG_9520.jpg

A poisonous hogweed takes over the Moscow:
IMG_9528.jpg

IMG_9529.jpg

A farewell glance at Kommunarka:
IMG_9522.jpg

Now my way is alongside mighty power towers, which bearing 500 thousand Volts of alternating current over my head:
IMG_9534.jpg

Moon is tangled in a high-voltage wires:
IMG_9527.jpg

IMG_9531.jpg

IMG_9543.jpg

On the other end of a forest clearing with power towers i saw another Moscow district, protruding through Moscow circle road to a oblast territory. Unlike "new moscow" districts, this one (called Butovo) was spilled from egg-shaped capital city long ago - in the 80's:
IMG_9547.jpg

IMG_9552.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

"A Butovo field" - abandoned decades ago, now it's another cesspool for a hogweed:
IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9564.jpg

What a nice surprise - steaming vents of central heating tunnel. In a middle of a old feld:
IMG_9568.jpg

A little pond between Butovo field and Butovo district:
IMG_9570.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

You can always judge of a how interesting adventure was by a amount of new plants growing from dirt on your bike:
IMG_9575.jpg

IMG_9577.jpg

IMG_9580.jpg

That's all for this week!

that hogweed has a beautiful flower but the seeds stink terribly. i discovered its really toxic so eradicated it from my garden.

markz said:
Any stray dogs there?

Fortunately, no! I don't know, what was done about them, but in the last years there little to none stray dogs in Moscow. Even in the desolate, abandoned places.

The only unpleasant encounter i had with stray dogs was about a year ago. Me and my friends was on foot, when we stumbled upon a little settlement of bums in the ravine. There was some nasty pack of stray dogs.

And, of course, there some amount of "semi-stray" dogs, no collar, no documents, no official owners, but they live on some private property and being fed from the hands of night guards. They rarely attack outside said territories, so i just ignore them.

ridethelightning said:
that hogweed has a beautiful flower but the seeds stink terribly. i discovered its really toxic so eradicated it from my garden.

Kill it with fire! :) It's not only toxic (phototoxic to be exact), but hogweed is a very aggressive and strong weed. If you have cold temperatures where you live - hogweed can spawn its seeds everywhere around, prepare them through winter and seize some considerable territory for next spring. Then it's very hard to get rid of.

Hogweed become a local natural disaster in a Moscow region for a last decades, spreading like fire on the abandoned farm fields.

All above being said about mantegazzianum and sosnowskyi hogweed, and i don't know if yours is another species (maybe it's not that harmful at all).

Last week i've went to a rock concert. And not just in a viewer capacity, but i've participated as a vocalist in two songs!

Here it is (unfortunelly, embedded video timestamp doesent work, so click on the links or skip manually, my first song at 01:03:08 and second song at 01:13:16):

[youtube]q8r_ABo9EvY[/youtube]

That's all for this week :)

Skorohod said:
Last week i've went to a rock concert. And not just in a viewer capacity, but i've participated as a vocalist in two songs!

Here it is (unfortunelly, embedded video timestamp doesent work, so click on the links or skip manually, my first song at 01:03:08 and second song at 01:13:16):

[youtube]q8r_ABo9EvY[/youtube]

That's all for this week :)
Good singing! Recommend that you take your left hand out of your pocket. Can you dance? Like this?
[youtube]TMm-NO7SKRw[/youtube]

goatman said:
you need to get a Davey Crocket hat :bigthumb:

markz said:
You mean the Chalo hat.

Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!

photo_2021-07-12_11-17-03.jpg

marty said:
Good singing! Recommend that you take your left hand out of your pocket. Can you dance? Like this?
[youtube]TMm-NO7SKRw[/youtube]

Oh, i not even wish i could move like that, i wish i can move at all! I'm completely inexperienced in showmanship, so i choose to restrain my hand in a pocket as a safer option :) While rehearsals i've used that hand to hold a sheet with lyrics, and when show time arrived - i just didn't know, what to do with a free hand!

Today - not a Moscow at all! Today i'll show you south-west of Bashkiria, land of oil, thistle and not boring terrain!

First time i've gone to ride was in early evening. Mistake - temperatures too hot, light too hard, skies too burnout. But still, let's ride and see vicinity of oil workers settelment Приютово (Priyutovo, "priyut" means "shelter").

South-west Bashkiria terrain in the one picture - wast plateau with deeply embedded creeks and rivers and little patches of forest here and there:
IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Small creek dig it way through rocks:
IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Mallow and thistle:
IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Some slopes are steep enough to overheat my Nucular controller:
IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

But when you through with slopes, you can ride those dirt roads through fields as far as eye can see:
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Windows XP:
IMG_0177.jpg

Pumpjacks are everywhere, you can't ride more than 5 kilometers without seeing one:
IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

A little, but ferocious polecat attacked me in the field. I've seen hares, foxes, deers and a lot of birds, but they all were too fast for me to catch them with my camera. So, here is only a cute polecat:
IMG_0197.jpg

After polecat was done with me, i've rode those fields again:
IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

Right behind a vast field suddenly appears a natural gas processing plant!
IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Alien invasion fleet:
IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Enough for today. Time to go home. Giant building of grain elevator would be my landmark on a way back to Priyutovo:
IMG_0207.jpg

That's it for today, but i'm not done with Bashkiria yet, more photos to come!

Back