Hub motor as mid (illegalbike) 6000-12000W / 33-35kg

I feel so cheated. This is one of my favorite builds but now you tell me it's actually "legalbike".

:pancake:

illegalbike said:
Thanks!
The pedals are awkward and unsafe on a bike like this.
Legally in my country it is not important to have pedals, motor power less than 4000 W is important. I have a 1500 W motor

loooool. Now I now what to tell the next guy claiming that everything sucks in Russia. 4kw is quite some power for an ebike.

One thing I'm wondering about this build though: doesn't that 7kg spinning hub in the mids of the frame create a weird gyroscopic effect on the overall bike when change directions ?

qwerkus said:
loooool. Now I now what to tell the next guy claiming that everything sucks in Russia. 4kw is quite some power for an ebike.

At the moment, no documents are needed below 250 watts. From 250 to 4000 watts, the driver needs a helmet and a driver's license of the "moped" category, which can be very easily obtained from the age of 16. If the driver already has any other category (motorcycle, car, or truck) then you can drive vehicles up to 4000 watts without the category «moped»

qwerkus said:
One thing I'm wondering about this build though: doesn't that 7kg spinning hub in the mids of the frame create a weird gyroscopic effect on the overall bike when change directions ?

Only the shell with magnets spin, it is about 1-1. 5 kg. Since the rotation is in the middle of the frame, it can have a positive effect on the control, but 1kg at 1000 rpm is not felt for 33 kg bike + 80 kg rider

total weight of the bike 33.6 kg (74 lbs)

IMG_7724.JPG

Sweet bike !

The standard sprocket thread would unscrew in this configuration. I was wondering how you attached the sprocket to the motor ?

https://pojazdyelektryczne.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7070

Attachments

• Zrzut-ekranu-143.png
    Zrzut-ekranu-143.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 1,486
He's very lucky to have you as a friend!
If you want to have a new friend that would love to have a bike like that, pick me please...:mrgreen:

Back