Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

Yes, many of us know is one of the best or the best controller, but that waiting list is what make people buy something else. Ordered 6F on October. Contacted Nucular helpline last week to find how long left roughly... They say it's possible in the summer or autumn. So waiting list is 1 year!!! Will wait, and until there will get Kelly or Sabvoton temporary.

douglashart said:
I've scratched my screen with a fingernail.
Is that a film over the screen that I can replace with a screen saver?
There is a small gauge shipping film that comes on the display screen when new. Just peel it off and you should be good to go :D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000938719673.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dt1TZMg

Link for Nucular Controller PHD2.0 crimped connectors sold on AliExpress

In case this link dies, the seller is WEPRO and the store number is 1200686.

:bigthumb: Thank you for the reminder, look at my message of January 20 on the previous page. :wink:

Hello Vasilisk, I hope this question is ok to ask you.

Have you looked at vesc 6 hardware and software? Is there any reason why charging through phase wires isn't supported?

I hope this makes sense! thank you!

cheapcookie said:

Have you looked at vesc 6 hardware and software? Is there any reason why charging through phase wires isn't supported?

It is.

serious_sam said:
cheapcookie said:

It is.

Hi serious Sam, thank you for your answer! Is it as simple as plugging in a power supply into the phases? :flame:

cheapcookie said:
serious_sam said:
cheapcookie said:

It is.

Hi serious Sam, thank you for your answer! Is it as simple as plugging in a power supply into the phases? :flame:
https://docs.nucular.tech/doku.php?id=en:start
View attachment Nucular connection schematic ENG v3.pdf

serious_sam said:
cheapcookie said:
serious_sam said:
cheapcookie said:

It is.

https://docs.nucular.tech/doku.php?id=en:start
Nucular connection schematic ENG v3.pdf

Ah ok, you didn't read what I wrote.

j bjork said:
You connect your psu like in the schematics Sam posted.
And you set up how you want it to work in the "converter" menu if I remember correct.
I recommend that you read the manual

The question is directed at Vasilisk, I know how the Nucular can be wired for charging through phase wires. I'm asking why the vesc 6 doesn't explicitly propose this feature. Yikes

cheapcookie said:
j bjork said:
And you set up how you want it to work in the "converter" menu if I remember correct.

The question is directed at Vasilisk, I know how the Nucular can be wired for charging through phase wires. I'm asking why the vesc 6 doesn't explicitly propose this feature. Yikes
This is a thread for Nucular controllers.

For the record I have been charging through the controller for quite a few months now. It works well and luckily my 20s15p 30Q pack is staying balanced well. I’m keeping charging amperage low at 10 amps till the BMS is available. Also only charge to 4.1 volts or 82 volts total. My 45 amp pack is quite large and my rides are not that long. I don’t need to fast charge to get back out there right away…….even at heavy throttle I can’t or haven’t tried to outlast the charge.

It works well.

Tom

I would agree that this question is best asked in VESC related threads. Hint, hint. And for the record, charging via motor requires proper implementation of this function in the software. Unless you want to blow up your hardware.

cheapcookie said:
j bjork said:

Hi All,
Thread seems slow but I need help.
On the stand my bike(24f) will do 62 mph. On the road only 50mph
Mode set at 20000 w 400 ph 285 a
11p 30 amp sony
I've only been able to pull 9000w Am I. Missing anything?
Thnx

Does a Nucular 24F run without the display? I got water in the display and it wil not start up.
Send the display for repair but can't ride the bike, so I was wondering if it runs without the display?

It must be able to operate without a display with the wire kit connected directly to the controller.

Back