CYC X1 Stealth (NEW)

john61ct said:
Tommm said:
As a reference point, the 3000w cyclone we all know, it does fine around 1600-2000w continuous depending on outside temperature.
While with extra heat-sinking 4500-5000 watts claimed for BBSHD at 88v and 55-60 amps.

For short periods, that sounds feasible.

Continous, as in forever? 5000w is enough to cruise at 90kph or 56mph, indefinitely. I think you would need at least a sur ron motor to do that.

juanjo said:
then it will be better to climb steep and continuous slopes with the X1 PRO GEN 2 2021?

Yes, from their testing they wrote stealth and cyclone 3000w is on the same level and then the x1 pro is above them all.

New here but I'll probably be going this route. Love everything about their website, specs, photos, etc.

But keeping the battery smaller, not even sure it'll fit my Kona Operator without making a custom bracket of some sort. 72V 10Ah is what I was thinking...

Have any of you pre-ordered the CYC X1 Stealh? Unfortunately, I still receive emails about extending the tests and shipping is already delayed for a second month.
In February I made the payment, the first planned shipment is the end of March, then the beginning of April and such shifts are now at the end of May.
Do you also have the same problems?

I order it to Poland, if it is delayed for another month plus shipping for 3 weeks and time for customs duty. Maybe a month will be left for me before the weather in Poland worsens and in winter :)

The delays are nothing new, they did this delay game with every controller and motor generation they launched previously.
So no need to be afraid, they will eventually launch. If you want to wait or not, it is yours to decide.

Im pretty excited for this one, going to wait until a few people have it in their hands to take the plunge but it looks like exactly what i want for my next build

Thanks for the positive information.
I sold my previous enduro bieks (NS BIKES Snabb) and decide bulid new one with a frame dedicated to the central engine. The bike is assembled and the engine has not arrived.

kein001 said:
Thanks for the positive information.
I sold my previous enduro bieks (NS BIKES Snabb) and decide bulid new one with a frame dedicated to the central engine. The bike is assembled and the engine has not arrived.

Get a battery while you wait for the motor.

Exactly two batteries. Tomorrow I am going to try on a mold for casting fiberglass, for a large 48V package. I want her for longer trips. The second one I want to make a smaller one for around 30 pieces of 18650 cells, I will use it for a 2-hour trip after work to local routes in my city. I still have to thinking about fast and stable box assembly system.

For me weight depends very much, the bike I have put together this year is 13.7 KG with inner tubes, plus I want to get tubeless. Overall, it aims to beat the Turbo LEVO, I had borrowerd a brand new one last year for a vacation and I don't know why people pay 12,000 euros for it. Since then I thought about it every night how people can pay so much money for it and I started to think how to do it yourself, and so I hit CYC Motor.
I am writing with them until IX 2020, I asked if they were planning a weaker and lighter version, they would write me back to wait. And so I'm waiting for them seventh month :)

Hi guys
Just wondered if anyone has their hands on one of these yet?
I've no doubt it's going to work well, I'm just wondering if it's going to live up to its stealth monicker :D
Many thanks!
M

The "stealth moniker" confused me.

I associate it with "concealed" as in, harder to tell it's an eBike.

But then the bomber style bikes use the same name and they are designed to make it obvious.

Which is meant in this context?

Raphi86 said:
Hey, i Preordered the stealth yesterday, to do a exchange with my bbs02b. Hope for a better paddeling assistance with the torque sensor of this motor -> i dont like the on/off switch feel of the bafang motors :? Some smoother transition like a modern Bosch motor would be great (I dont use any thumbthrottle or something like that)
Also waiting for some userreviews, never the less any footage of this motor. :wink:

I watched your videos on YouTube. It seems like it's quieter than the Pro, but hard to know for sure. Can you post one with the camera onboard? Thanks.

Hi, I instal x1 stealth in my bike and take first ride. It's verry small. I need to organize wires and change some fabric hole for bolts - it necesary to lift up controlling box. I made extra hole in arm motor and firm it to ISCG holes so it fit very well. I near future i will hind main wires (controller-handle bar monitor ) inside frame, and also some upgrade, so traet this foto as in steal working process.

kein001 said:
Hi, I instal x1 stealth in my bike and take first ride. It's verry small. I need to organize wires and change some fabric hole for bolts - it necesary to lift up controlling box. I made extra hole in arm motor and firm it to ISCG holes so it fit very well. I near future i will hind main wires (controller-handle bar monitor ) inside frame, and also some upgrade, so traet this foto as in steal working process.

so...how does it perform?

Yes, they do fit 68mm BBs and the Q-factor is an issue... but on an assisted MTB I don't find it to be that troubling. For reference on my install, the original BB and the X1 Pro torque sense BB. Pretty sure the Stealth shares the torque BBs with its big brother.

CYCBB_Long.jpg

neptronix said:
I'd be interested in it if it didn't have a crazy wide Q factor and could be used on a 68mm bottom bracket.
I always wanted a smaller version of this high efficiency drive. But the low biomechanical efficiency that overly wide pedals creates keeps me away.

C'mon, Manbeer, man up and get one!! ;) I want to know how they work, too! Actually in the video posted above it sounds a lot like my X1 Pro.

Manbeer said:
kein001 said:

so...how does it perform?

Yes controls, it's downstairs, it's waterproof. There was a lot of mud after the last ride, I rinsed it decently with a pressure washer, and it continues to work. Ultimately, I will rework this box and it will be even closer to the frame than it is now.
I have the same torque BBs as in the picture above so I assume they are the same. I don't compare to the X1 PRO 5kW, but I guess besides the Bafang and the Fauza Evolution by riding every factory engine Two weeks ago, I did 60 kilometers with a Lapierre with the Bosch Performance CX Gen4. In my opinion, the X1 Pro outclasses them in pre-runs. Personally, I was afraid of the reaction to high power, exactly the moment where I would not want the engine to provide power. I can do a tight uphill ride with a power of 1200 W, it stops pedaling and the engine immediately cuts off the power. Of course, getting into neutral gear is loud, you can hear that it took high revolutions. I have 48 V batteries from 21700 cells. One more thing, when the battery was about to run out, I could set the support to 20-30 W, it is not much, but it always supports you to climbing up. And I certainly won't do this in the dye engine. I will have more time on Sunday, ask, I will try to answer if it is necessary to shoot a video or photo let me know.

https://streamable.com/vwpooe

In the link, a short video, a bike placed on a service stand in a small room about 3.5x5 meters and 2.5 high, it affects the volume. While driving, I do not remember that it was so loud, but you can see in the video that the self-rotating wheel without assistance generates about 50 decibels.

As for the frame, it is the Polish Zumbi BIkes manufacture, they make bikes and frames to order. I was looking for a few months for a frame exclusively for the CYC Motor, and for that time only Moondraker and Zumbi met the perfect conditions for it. The requirement was that the bike should be suitable for the bike park as well as for longer trips. I bought the frame and the Damper in a set and I assembled the rest of the parts myself, due to the fact that it is my 5th mountain bike, I knew which parts I could spend a fortune on and which ones I could not. As a curiosity, I can add that the oil tank in the damper hides when fully compressed in the frame. The bottom bracket seat is cut from a single block of aluminum, as is the beginning of the rear swingarm. It is not a cast, so I assume that it will bear the loads that will be generated by the engine, but time will tell.

If I could help, please write. Maybe on Tuesday or Wednesday I can get out for a ride so I can take my GoPro with me.

I made two films from the driveways, I tried to set the camera so that the display could be seen. The controller settings are at the factory. Both climbs made somewhere around 70% of engine power. On another day, I checked how much battery was enough for me, assuming a very high degree of support, it is about 800 meters of elevation. The battery was less than 400 Wh. With low support, i.e. around 250W, the engine is in my opinion as loud as the factory solutions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHhCxxILF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGYk2FZe5pA

No, the X1 Pro has similar design but is bigger and has more power so will do the same climbs easier.

juanjo said:
then it will be better to climb steep and continuous slopes with the X1 PRO GEN 2 2021?

Sounds exactly like my X1 Pro Gen 2 with steel gears which IMO is pretty loud. I'd love to hear a Pro or Stealth with the brass gears to see if the change would be worth the trouble.

kein001 said:
I made two films from the driveways, I tried to set the camera so that the display could be seen. The controller settings are at the factory. Both climbs made somewhere around 70% of engine power. On another day, I checked how much battery was enough for me, assuming a very high degree of support, it is about 800 meters of elevation. The battery was less than 400 Wh. With low support, i.e. around 250W, the engine is in my opinion as loud as the factory solutions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHhCxxILF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGYk2FZe5pA

Back