Nucular Electronics owner's thread (setup infos, FW updates, links etc.)

HK12K said:
What connector does Nucular use for the waterproof hall connector on the 24f?

I need to source a couple of motor-side 6p hall connectors, preferably with pigtails, but am having more trouble than anticipated locating them.

I would also like to know this, need to track down some more pins for them so need to know what they are called

It is a universal connector as on Sabvoton, Votol controllers.

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_205609.jpg
    IMG_20210511_205609.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,875
PITMIX said:
It is a universal connector as on Sabvoton, Votol controllers.

Yeah I've noticed that too, they show up all over the place, just not on Google when you want to buy more. If anyone knows what the connector industry calls them, do let us know. By the way pitmix I love your car!

This is for CDI socket

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/modenas-kriss-110-cdi-unit-socket-i1255890905.html

So has anyone here successfully hooked up the uLight using a DC to DC converter to 12 volts for head, tail & brake lights with blinkers/hazards? I have a few issues that I just can not figure out…..I don’t want to guess. So to start with what converter did you use? Then, how do you switch it off and on? Using a relay or high voltage switch? Vasiliy recommended using an isolated dc/dc so it won’t blow the controller so the one I bought will not work. Problem is I can find a isolated dc/dc that has a remote switch lead so I can turn it off/on with a key switch. Also, I find the wiring diagram confusing and doesn’t show how to wire the dc/dc supply in!

I’d appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks

Tom

PITMIX said:
Battosaii said:
This is the thumb throttle I'm using. I've been at this for hours. I have two of the same throttle. I'm at the point where I'm starting to think the throttles are incompatible or they are just broken idk. I just want to ride my bike lol.

Did you learn the throttle?

That didn't work at the time. They were bad throttles, the replacements I got work perfect, although I may go to full twist throttle now cause the thumb throttle gives my hand cramps after hours of riding.

Has anyone already installed an electric scooter alarm with a Nucular controller?
Looking at the diagrams available online it seems that these alarms have a direct connection to the battery voltage with the black and red two-wire connector. Through the other 3-wire connector they can:
- Activate the controller
- Block the rotation of the motor
- Feel the rotation of the motor
s-l400.jpg

From this diagram it seems that the wire for the recognition of the motor rotation can be connected directly to a phase wire.
E-scooter alarm diagram.JPG

If you have Ignition wired up, will that overright the screen button on back to turn on.

Anyupdate on BMS?

Cheers
Guys

cheeko said:
If you have Ignition wired up, will that overright the screen button on back to turn on.

Anyupdate on BMS?

Cheers
Guys

That sounds good.
Now there are the other 2 things to sort out that maybe are more complicated becasue the controller sould be switched off when doing:
-Motor rotation detection
-Motor rotation block

bigbore said:
cheeko said:

Anyupdate on BMS?

Cheers
Guys

That sounds good.
Now there are the other 2 things to sort out that maybe are more complicated becasue the controller sould be switched off when doing:
-Motor rotation block

Well im going to wire up inigtion on the weekend and see what it does, as i plan to not turn off my BMS let it go to sleep so i can just use my Igition switch for Nucular, When i one day leave it somewhere ill turn off BMS, Which most people wont know how to turn on as i have hidden Momentary Switch.

At mement i turn off my BMS and it resets my Battery level every time i guess becuase im totally dropping power to controller.

Also anyone know what settings they use for Dimonio throttle, seems after i did update i needed to put up the min voltage or it will spin seems pretty high then it was for min voltage.

Cheers

PITMIX said:
cheeko said:
Hi Team

I recently upgraded to the lastest firmware and i notice there is alot of extra features, Now 2 mins before i updated my Switch brake was working fine montrary switch connected to the screen. Now after upgrade it no longer works is there a setting i have missed

Any ideas as i dont think it stopped working as bike hasnt moved and was working right before i upgraded.

Its montary button to screen so pretty simple, maybe there is a setting to trigger etc

Thanks again for your time.

Cheers

Look at this. I show how to program the buttons on the screen but you can also program the inputs last screen yes on the controller in the same way.
https://youtu.be/7KvbdhWueUQ

Hi PITMIX

I follow your video guide, but when I'm on "Display Buttons" I dont see CAN Buttons. The the options (buttons or switch) I got is: USB Charger - Cruise - Speed Mode Cycle - Speed Mode 2 - Speed Mode 3 - Add. Brake - Reverse.

Is it possible to downgrade firmware in screen and controller from lastest one?

VasiliSk said:
yes just not below originally installed

Thats ok as i really cant work out the brake on IO8 but it was working fine before i updated, Stopped as soon as i uploaded new config, iv checked multiple switches all i can think of the issue.

My setup was one of the first versions

cheeko said:
Also anyone know what settings they use for Dimonio throttle, seems after i did update i needed to put up the min voltage or it will spin seems pretty high then it was for min voltage.

Cheers

I made the auto-setup 2 days ago and my Domino is working in the right way but I had a 100ohm resistore between + and - of the throttle pot from my previous Adaptto setup.

cheeko said:
bigbore said:
cheeko said:

Anyupdate on BMS?

Cheers
Guys

That sounds good.
-Motor rotation block

Well im going to wire up inigtion on the weekend and see what it does, as i plan to not turn off my BMS let it go to sleep so i can just use my Igition switch for Nucular, When i one day leave it somewhere ill turn off BMS, Which most people wont know how to turn on as i have hidden Momentary Switch.

At mement i turn off my BMS and it resets my Battery level every time i guess becuase im totally dropping power to controller.

Are you talking about the key switch or the wire from the alarm that would activate the controller?

VasiliSk said:
in display port should be set to 'switch' and CAN x
in controller ports CAN x set to BK
disable unused ports in controller

Thanks Vasili i wasnt doing it on the display port correct.

bigbore said:
cheeko said:

Cheers

I made the auto-setup 2 days ago and my Domino is working in the right way but I had a 100ohm resistore between + and - of the throttle pot from my previous Adaptto setup.

cheeko said:
bigbore said:
cheeko said:

Anyupdate on BMS?

Cheers
Guys

That sounds good.
-Motor rotation block

Are you talking about the key switch or the wire from the alarm that would activate the controller?

Yes i think ill try resistore see if that helps,

[/quote]

Yes just want to wire key up to controller only turn on with key, I guess this is the Remote Port and have K1 and GND to short on Switch

Then in display set it to switch.

Ill try this tomorrow.

Thanks for your help guys

cheeko said:

Yes just want to wire key up to controller only turn on with key, I guess this is the Remote Port and have K1 and GND to short on Switch

Ill try this tomorrow.

[/quote]

Have a look on telegram assistance chat I had some info about the key switch and under display button

VasiliSk said:
I guess you need to update controller and display

Thx for the fast reply. You right I forgot to update the display. It works now.

bigbore said:
cheeko said:

Ill try this tomorrow.

Have a look on telegram assistance chat I had some info about the key switch and under display button
[/quote]

I gave up ill just stick to my turn BMS off LOL

Back