Nucular Electronics owner's thread (setup infos, FW updates, links etc.)

Hi guys,
My bike (24f) will do 62mph on the stand but only 50mph on the road.
Set at:
20 000w
400pha
290A
150% fw
I'm running 11p sony 30a
Am I missing something? Only pulling 9000w max.
Thnx doug

[/quote]

I gave up ill just stick to my turn BMS off LOL
[/quote]

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_083940.jpg
    IMG_20200610_083940.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 2,223

I gave up ill just stick to my turn BMS off LOL
[/quote]
[/quote]

Tried it wired up ifgition up as below, didnt work, in another message someone said cut the K1 wire to the scrren i did that still didnt work, so i gave up went back to just turning off BMS with Switch

Hello cheeko.
Il myself made this assembly a few days ago. You have to connect the wires as in the diagram, then you have to go to onborad computer then in "buttom setup". There you must select" imput 2 type" and set to "switch_inv." On "imput 2 fonction" you chose "Can buttom 4". Then you have to save. Then in "Devices " you have to go to" I/O config" and you select "Can Port 4 OFF ".
On "Extra parameters", you choose "disable buttom" on "Switch". You save and it's over.

PITMIX said:
Hello cheeko.
Il myself made this assembly a few days ago. You have to connect the wires as in the diagram, then you have to go to onborad computer then in "buttom setup". There you must select" imput 2 type" and set to "switch_inv." On "imput 2 fonction" you chose "Can buttom 4". Then you have to save. Then in "Devices " you have to go to" I/O config" and you select "Can Port 4 OFF ".
On "Extra parameters", you choose "disable buttom" on "Switch". You save and it's over.

Well thats way better then any information that i seen, IN telegram it people said other infomation, I didnt wasnt turning off CAN PORT 4

The most important is "input 2 type "Switch_inv" and "disable button" "Switch".
https://youtu.be/FWPadXLOATM

PITMIX said:
The most important is "input 2 type "Switch_inv" and "disable button" "Switch".
https://youtu.be/FWPadXLOATM

Brilliant thanks so much that definitly explains what i was doing wrong.

Thanks Again

I noticed that the CPU temperature quickly rises to 100 ° c. Is this the normal operating temperature? Is there a problem with the cooling of my controller?

100c is way hot! My 24f runs right around ambient while riding, maybe 30c or so when fast charging indoors. .

I'm talking about CPU temperature not mosfets

From where are you drawing that reading? If it's being measured and displayed via the display I'll have a look, but if you're in the controller taking measurements with an external device I'll be unable to.

Found it.

This is shortly after being powered on, but not having been ridden. I will recheck later during and after a ride if I remember to look.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you got the answer from the source in Telegram. Should be less than 100c, for anyone wondering.

Attachments

• PXL_20210725_162806086.jpg
    PXL_20210725_162806086.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 1,968
Hello everyone, i´m a 6f (together with an 9C RH212 on a 48V battery) user on a recumbent bike since last year with about 8000km on it now.
Very, very happy with it so far.
Now for the first time i had the chance to go downhill faster than the motor would spin according to the battery voltage (above 63km/h) and found out, that with activated throttle it´s going into "forced" recuperation - as expected... But then, when turning throttle to zero, that forced recuperation did stop! I didn´t know that it´s possible to stop the controller doing that kind of forced generation mode. How is it done, always thought the body diode becomes conducting?
Can anyone tell me about it?
I mean it´s pretty cool to still have the chance to go downhill as fast as you like, but at the same time: isn´t there a chance that induced voltage get´s to high and destroys the Mosfets?

Thanks!

mwesleyroper said:
My Bafang G510 motor is now controlled by a Nucular 12F at 72v with functioning hall sensors. Thank you Endless Sphere, Nucular Electronics and Nucular Electronics Telegram group for teaching me how to make it happen!

Also about to go Nucular on Bafang Ultra. How are you finding the 12F paried with it? I was initially thinking to use 6F, but am turning more towards the 12F as well. What was your thinking in using 12F over 6F?

Also, can I pick your brain/settings to get this set up easily once I get a 6F/12F in about 6 months?

How can I have a strong acceleration at start?
in my former chinese controller it used to start super strongly.. in nucular it's too gradual
the acceleration is already set to 50,000A/s
I tried all different throttle modes as well but it's still too weak

What is the firmware version ?
If you have the latest version October 2021 v 0.8.2 or that of August 2020 v0.7.18 you can adjust the acceleration curve.
With version V0.7.18 it is necessary to set a logarithmic curve for the acceleration to be strong. With V.0.8.2 it is necessary to set an exponential curve so that the acceleration is not too violent.
This means that with the old version you have to set a high percentage from the start, with the new version you have to set a low percentage so as not to do a wheelie when you start.

Merlin said:
what nuc do yo have? 12F 24F?
what bike? weight?

those cheap chinese controllers overshoots on a high level phase currents
I only changed the controller on my bike to 12f

PITMIX said:
What is the firmware version ?
If you have the latest version October 2021 v 0.8.2 or that of August 2020 v0.7.18 you can adjust the acceleration curve.
With version V0.7.18 it is necessary to set a logarithmic curve for the acceleration to be strong. With V.0.8.2 it is necessary to set an exponential curve so that the acceleration is not too violent.
This means that with the old version you have to set a high percentage from the start, with the new version you have to set a low percentage so as not to do a wheelie when you start.

Are you referring to "Throttle and brake curves setup"?
I have the latest version

cheers

You should read the manual !
https://docs.nucular.tech/doku.php?id=en:controller:setup
In "CONTROL" and in "Throttle and brake curves setup" you can set the percentages of acceleration and braking on 6 levels.
IMG_20211230_103953.jpg

VasiliSk said:
PITMIX Happy new year! I wanted to ask if you tried MTPA on QS motor?
Happy new year Vasili yes I really tested on the Qs 120 70h with 12F, my scooter gained almost 10km / h.
I sold my small car and have a Qs138 90h on a motorcycle, I haven't really tested the new firmware on the bike at high speed but I have already tested the acceleration and it's amazing.
The transmission is too long and I have to be careful of the processor overheating. I have no problem with overheating on the mosfets. At the last test the processor was not overheating but it was not hot outside. I have to move the controller because it is poorly ventilated. I will install it so that it takes the wind well. It runs at over 250A almost continuously.

Back