MXUS 3000 Hub Motor - V1 V2 V3

markz said:
One broken magnet, measures 45mm x 14mm x 2.83mm
Not bad for a few years of service.

https://www.umagnets.com/c/neodymium-magents/neodymium-block-magnets/page/3/
50mm x 15mm x 5mm N35, Coating Nickel-plated (Ni-Cu-Ni), Max. working temperature 80°C
$3.99

Would grinding work on something like that?

broken magnet.jpg

Pop the magnet and replace it with a new one and JB weld.

markz said:

No, no just bad, but horrible. 11 years and counting, and I've never had a broken magnet, unglued magnet, broken axle etc., or any of the issues that these generic motors sold as premium motors tend to get. What always cracks me up is when I see word combinations like "MXUS clone" or "9C clone". That's like calling a bottle of aspirin from Walmart a "generic aspirin clone".

How do you manage to break a magnet anyway?

John in CR said:
markz said:

No, no just bad, but horrible. 11 years and counting, and I've never had a broken magnet, unglued magnet, broken axle etc., or any of the issues that these generic motors sold as premium motors tend to get. What always cracks me up is when I see word combinations like "MXUS clone" or "9C clone". That's like calling a bottle of aspirin from Walmart a "generic aspirin clone".

All of these motors are actually not premium, very budgety in fact. But the price may not reflect that...

John in CR said:
markz said:

I do not know John, it must be fairly new because I had opened it up for a rewire as I spun an axle (T.A. came off), and I always wipe everything down, its just a habit I've gotten into. I wipe the inside shell when rotor is out, including magnets, clean covers, inspect the mating flanges, heck when I take that wheel off I even clean the rim, spokes and tires.

I bought it right from the MXUS factory, but like you said its just a clone, everything's a clone now.

Your hubmonster motor is the real deal.

I try to never open a motor if possible, and if I mod a motor then only once. The magnet probably got broken putting it back together last time.

I wouldn't call them clones, just generic motors. LFP was over there and there's whole sections of cities with endless shops selling all types of ebike parts. When it comes to motors, you can purchase all the parts with stators already wound or without the copper. That's why when you look online there are so many that look identical, not because some quite small company relatively speaking is having their motors copied, but simply because they're assembling motors with the same generic parts. At over 10 million new units put on the road each year in China for the last 10+yrs, there's a huge domestic demand that has to be filled.

Allex said:
All of these motors are actually not premium, very budgety in fact. But the price may not reflect that...

Exactly, but whatever the latest fad is on ES manages to get treated as premium.

What do you mean by "intensity?"

What is your specific application?

Once you write down all your specifics, you can go to http://ebikes.ca/simulator and read the whole page, then pick your system (or parts that are close) out of the dropdown menus of the simulator at the top, and play with the controls to see what variations do. Use the MXUS 450x for the motor, where x is the number of turns of the version of motor you want.

Hi everyone

I am looking for the 3kwh mxus motor but with a harness building for 20" wheel.

Do you know somewhere I can find that?

Cheers

My. Powervelocityv 18fet bt works fine. If someone needs a magnet let me know as I have a melted stator v1. Or magnet for edge 1,500. Also melted stator good just all magnets deglued and when removing some went live and junped and ran off and broke.

Hey , i tried to find everywhere in the internet but couldn't find the sizes of the bearings on MXUS 3k V3?

I would like to order replacement bearing first before taking apart the motor because i'm using it daily.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

mercly said:
Hey , i tried to find everywhere in the internet but couldn't find the sizes of the bearings on MXUS 3k V3?

I would like to order replacement bearing first before taking apart the motor because i'm using it daily.

17x35x10 (6003-2RS)
22x44x12 (60/22-2RS)

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement 45h 45mm curved/bended/segment magnets or even 45hs, 52h, 52hs, magnets to fit the mxus 3k turbo? I can't seem to find the right size for sale anywhere. (Shipping to the UK please)

Lewp91 said:
Does anyone know where I can buy replacement 45h 45mm curved/bended/segment magnets or even 45hs, 52h, 52hs, magnets to fit the mxus 3k turbo? I can't seem to find the right size for sale anywhere. (Shipping to the UK please)

Contact mxus directly.

markz said:
Lewp91 said:

Contact mxus directly.

Is there no alternative or upgrade that anyone has found?

A higher Gauss magnet arrangement would mean a lower KV for given turns from my understanding.

I have not read anything that anyone has done as a replacement for mxus curved magnets. I've read the odd person buying random magnets, I've read of people installing magnets and magnets not sticking. The only thing that comes to mind in regard to the curved magnets for the mxus 45H aka 3kw is emailing the manufacturing plant in China, or if your lucky finding out who supplies them with the magnets, or rolling the dice and finding online/ebay/alibaba/aliexpress/china.com any ole magnets to glue on that fit the dimensions and the strength..... if sellers are accurate in the strength and how does one know what strength the original magnets are and how common is it to find curved magnets and are curved magnets superior. Surely some of that has been discussed but never peaked my interest to read on about that. I had purchased a MXUS 3kw 45H from the manufacturing plant itself, 5+ yrs ago. Might be wiser just to buy a new motor, depending on the price mxus wants.

Lewp91 said:
Is there no alternative or upgrade that anyone has found?
A higher Gauss magnet arrangement would mean a lower KV for given turns from my understanding.

Lewp91 said:

https://nexun.pl/mxus-3k-turbo-magnet

Standalone magnet

mercly said:

In addition to the magnet, you can find standalone axle and bearing kit too

https://nexun.pl/en_US/searchquery/Mxus/1/phot/5?url=Mxus

Too bad that site doesn't ship outside Europe. They could probably sell more parts. Seems odd that they have a US-English version of the pages (even with a USA flag!) but no options to ship here. :/

amberwolf said:
Too bad that site doesn't ship outside Europe. They could probably sell more parts. Seems odd that they have a US-English version of the pages (even with a USA flag!) but no options to ship here. :/

If ebay sellers are any indication in general, a lot of the time smaller shops will ship outside continent if you ask them, they just don't want to bother setting up the ship calculator or make a habbit of it. If I wanted a part I would write them. They respond in about 12-24h.

Where is a repeatable place to get one of these mxus 3k v3 (3T) from? I don't mind buying from Aliexpress; but I want to make sure I'm getting the real thing.

I bought mine right from the manufacturer, specified what turn count kv I wanted, she is a heavy beast.

edit
I got the V2 with alum instead of stamped steel inside the motor
Not sure what the V3 is, maybe curved magnets hype or theres something to it... and 2 sets of phase wires.
Maybe V4 will be a solid axle with different wire routing, or through axle shenanigans. Time will tell.

pwd said:
Where is a repeatable place to get one of these mxus 3k v3 (3T) from? I don't mind buying from Aliexpress; but I want to make sure I'm getting the real thing.

Back