MXUS 3000 Hub Motor - V1 V2 V3

markz said:
I bought mine right from the manufacturer, specified what turn count kv I wanted, she is a heavy beast.

edit
I got the V2 with alum instead of stamped steel inside the motor
Not sure what the V3 is, maybe curved magnets hype or theres something to it... and 2 sets of phase wires.
Maybe V4 will be a solid axle with different wire routing, or through axle shenanigans. Time will tell.

pwd said:
Where is a repeatable place to get one of these mxus 3k v3 (3T) from? I don't mind buying from Aliexpress; but I want to make sure I'm getting the real thing.
Thanks
Where did you contact the manufacturer? Aliexpress? Alibaba? Do you have the store name I can look for?

ZeroEm said:
by pwd » Aug 05 2021 5:43pm

Where is a repeatable place to get one of these mxus 3k v3 (3T) from? I don't mind buying from Aliexpress; but I want to make sure I'm getting the real thing.

Are you getting two?
That will be exciting.

I'm thinking getting one just for the rear, but that will be after I make the switch to 72V (not till next spring - at earliest). I don't really need a bigger motor on the front since the old Pie is still working well within it's thermal limits. If I do follow through with the motor upgrade though; it will definitely kick it up a notch :twisted: .

https://mxus.en.alibaba.com/
That looks to be the name if I remember correctly.
I have noticed in the past while browsing that some other companies copy the pictures to make it look like the illegitimate company is the legit MXUS.

pwd said:
Where did you contact the manufacturer? Aliexpress? Alibaba? Do you have the store name I can look for?

Are there any other choices for a 205 45H motor besides the MXUS 3k turbo / XFO 45H? I need something that fits dropouts no wider than 142MM like the MXUS 3k.

pwd said:
Are there any other choices for a 205 45H motor besides the MXUS 3k turbo / XFO 45H? I need something that fits dropouts no wider than 142MM like the MXUS 3k.

Crystalylte H55 series is ball park for the QS205 in terms of weight and performance. Crystatlyte H40 series is close to the The MXUS 3K series terms of weight performance.

Thanks, I'm surprise the Crystalylte H55 series says it fits 135mm rear dropouts; I would have thought it would have to be wider for a 55mm wide stator motor. Any other options/manufacturers for decent 45H hub motors? I'm looking to stick with motors under the 10kg mark.

markz said:
One broken magnet, measures 45mm x 14mm x 2.83mm
Not bad for a few years of service.

https://www.umagnets.com/c/neodymium-magents/neodymium-block-magnets/page/3/
50mm x 15mm x 5mm N35, Coating Nickel-plated (Ni-Cu-Ni), Max. working temperature 80°C
$3.99

Would grinding work on something like that?

broken magnet.jpg

what sort of motor probelms did you first see with a broken magnet like that? does the motor still run smoothly?
Luckily I havent had a broken magnet

No issues with the broken magnets that I recall, but it could come out more and hit something inside the motor. Ran smooth.

ebike11 said:
markz said:
One broken magnet, measures 45mm x 14mm x 2.83mm
Not bad for a few years of service.

https://www.umagnets.com/c/neodymium-magents/neodymium-block-magnets/page/3/
50mm x 15mm x 5mm N35, Coating Nickel-plated (Ni-Cu-Ni), Max. working temperature 80°C
$3.99

Would grinding work on something like that?

broken magnet.jpg

what sort of motor probelms did you first see with a broken magnet like that? does the motor still run smoothly?
Luckily I havent had a broken magnet

Who has the muxs 3000 V3 3T motor only I see all that garbage on the internet and I can't figure it out.
Who has good luck I'm getting what they ordered.

What is the difference between V2 and V3 MXus 3k motor? Not sure i missed something, thanks!

Double set of sense wires and curved magnets I have not read anything definitive that curved magnets help or hinder and who really needs a double set of hall sense wires.

v1 was the old school stamp steel stator
v2 was the newer aluminum stator
v3 was first the double set of sense and maybe later the v3 had curved magnets or maybe there is a v4

I am going off memory so just do a search within the thread. I just tried a quickie but I dont care
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92101&p=1346545&hilit=curved+magnets#p1346545

kaning said:
What is the difference between V2 and V3 MXus 3k motor? Not sure i missed something, thanks!

I have a MXUS 3k 4T that I bought some years ago. Now i want to finally build my ebike with it.

I'm thinking of using it at 72v and 50 amps bat, phase current up to 100A. (flipsky vesc ebike controller)
I found quite dificult to find the currect AWG rating for my phase wires. AWG ratings vary quite a bit.
Would a 10 AWG wire be sufficient? same ratings say it can handle 30A, so that would add to 90 A. Larger than that i will probably not be able to fit them through the axle. Thanks!

If you only want to run it up to 100A phase current there is no need for upgraded phase wires.
If its a v3 it should already have 4mm2 wires (AWG 11). With insulation the diameter is smaller than usual wires because the PTFE insulation is thinner.
If you have a M16 axle, AWG 10 PTFE wires should fit through the axle, but really not worth the effort in this case.

pwd said:
Thanks, I'm surprise the Crystalylte H55 series says it fits 135mm rear dropouts; I would have thought it would have to be wider for a 55mm wide stator motor. Any other options/manufacturers for decent 45H hub motors? I'm looking to stick with motors under the 10kg mark.

I think minimum recommended width for the H55 series is 150mm. I will need to research that, but I don't think it it could fit a 135mm dropout.

I still looking at buying a bare mxus 3,000 v3 3t and a controller 18fet or ? For 72v and 80amp or 60amp sinewave
with a C.A. plug Now who has a good experience. I live Calif. Then spaim spokes 14/13gauge.
I have found it on alipress. But hate them.

Where is the best place to buy these motors

Suringmax (3000w and 5000w) appears to be a clone or rebrand of the mxus 3k and 5k. They have an aliexpress store (suringmax official store), where they sell direct to consumer 1 unit at time. They appear to be the factory as they allow significant customization. On some of their listings they have MXUS and Suringmax both listed- as if its the same manufacturer but im not sure- both are 45h motors, same KV, same weight, etc.

I just ordered a custom motor from them. They had steel or aluminum core, .35mm lamination, factory installed temp sensor, 6.0mm2 9awg phase wires, different KV options, plus they sell the motor in different dropout widths, 135mm as well as 175mm and 190mm etc- so that you are not limited at 135mm frames. They also do extremely affordable lacing with bicycle, fatbike and motorcycle wheel options.

- Nicely spec'd motor/customized
- Any dropout width available
- Any rim/lacing available

I just ordered and paid $515 total with shipping/tax for the motor + all factory modifications + 21 moto rim + lacing + shipping + tax.

Edit Received: They sent it fedex, express, not sure if thats normal or if they did me a favor but it got here in less than a week from shipping. Spokes are nice and tight with no exposed threads and none sticking through the inside of the nipple, looks well built. Picture attached comparing phase wires to 12awg and 14awg, they are noticeably larger. 16mm wide axle. Very happy with it.
D8D292CB-888B-42EF-9997-9114CC61BA49.jpeg

Attachments

• 09223C5D-7659-4058-BAE1-D1D4FE6F40E9.jpeg
    09223C5D-7659-4058-BAE1-D1D4FE6F40E9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Many will make their online store try and look like the official maker, going as far as stealing the pictures.

These guys are the official.
Alibaba - Changzhou Mxus Imp.&Exp. Co., Ltd.

I would not know if they dabble with multiple stores on the same platform, I doubt it. That seems like something a smaller player would do. Maybe they just order their hubs from Changzhou Mxus and upgrade the hubs to fit larger wires or different dropout widths.

With 10awg wire, through the hub 3kw mxus hub I got was quite a challenge without the hall wires. If you could find wire with thinner insulation to fit inside the axle hole, it may still be a very tight squeeze, even without the hall sense wires. Obviously you want to string the thinner hall sense wires through the hole before you try to stuff the bigger wire through. PTFE teflon wire is quite stiff (harder to bend around the corner in the axle), but the insulation jacket is thick, strong and sturdy. I ground down the sharp edges of the axle entrance (inside the hub) and the exit where the wires come out. If your still having trouble stuffing wire, use pliers, use a lubricant of some sort. The first phase wire is the easiest, the third phase wire was always the hardest. I used 12awg ptfe teflon. Some people used the stock phase wires, snipped the phases at the exit with enough room to attach way thicker phase wires, they did not notice much performance downgrade. But then again they werent speedaholics, or going for max efficiency or anything, they were just having fun with their 3kw hubs in Atlanta using Lipo and testing lipo, his content/posts were quite good - Icecube57

Many will make their online store try and look like the official maker, going as far as stealing the pictures.

These guys are the official.
Alibaba - Changzhou Mxus Imp.&Exp. Co., Ltd.

I would not know if they dabble with multiple stores on the same platform, I doubt it. That seems like something a smaller player would do. Maybe they just order their hubs from Changzhou Mxus and upgrade the hubs to fit larger wires or different dropout widths.

With 10awg wire, through the hub 3kw mxus hub I got was quite a challenge without the hall wires. If you could find wire with thinner insulation to fit inside the axle hole, it may still be a very tight squeeze, even without the hall sense wires. Obviously you want to string the thinner hall sense wires through the hole before you try to stuff the bigger wire through. PTFE teflon wire is quite stiff (harder to bend around the corner in the axle), but the insulation jacket is thick, strong and sturdy. I ground down the sharp edges of the axle entrance (inside the hub) and the exit where the wires come out. If your still having trouble stuffing wire, use pliers, use a lubricant of some sort. The first phase wire is the easiest, the third phase wire was always the hardest. I used 12awg ptfe teflon. Some people used the stock phase wires, snipped the phases at the exit with enough room to attach way thicker phase wires, they did not notice much performance downgrade. But then again they werent speedaholics, or going for max efficiency or anything, they were just having fun with their 3kw hubs in Atlanta using Lipo and testing lipo, his content/posts were quite good - Icecube57
Yeah ive replaced phase wires a few times and its always a pain.

Thats why being able to order the motor with whatever axle, plus 9 gauge phase wires from the factory was such a benefit. They say it has dual halls, 9 gauge and a temp sensor- along with my custom 175mm axle width. Not only that it was cheaper to have them lace it into a 21 dirtbike rim than it would have been for me to do it myself. Saved me hours and hours of time between the lacing and phase wires, plus it was cheaper and factory. I'll take pictures and repost when it arrives if all is well, fingers crossed.

***Curious is ur 3k mxus a 12mm or 14mm axle?

Anyone knows, which size of simmering I have to buy for 3k v3? If I want to add second one.

What is a "simmering"? I've only read that word used in reference to cooking. :/

Back