ULtra Compact 1800W charger + Eltek programming

Maybe the best approach would be for you to buy the PSUs cheap and sell a turnkey bundle.

There would be a lot of added value there.

For DIYers shopping on price, advertise online consulting services at a high rate per say 30min minimum.

If you sell faster than you can resupply, you're selling too cheap

Does anybody know what kind of bit is required to remove the long screws of the Flatpack S?
Torx T15 is too large and T10 too small.

I am trying to monitor multiple rectifiers. For some reason all of them seem to have a rectifier number (i.e. address) of 2.

Has anyone figured out the command to modify the rectifier address yet?

nrconder@gmail.com said:
hias9 said:
Does anybody know what kind of bit is required to remove the long screws of the Flatpack S?
Torx T15 is too large and T10 too small.

The bit I used was marked "T10H"

Yes, a T10 fits. Sorry, it was already late yesterday.

How do you open a Flatpack S?
I removed the 6 long T10 screws and put the black screw next to the LEDs into unlock Position, but it's still fixed at the black screw.

john61ct said:
Maybe the best approach would be for you to buy the PSUs cheap and sell a turnkey bundle.

There would be a lot of added value there.

For DIYers shopping on price, advertise online consulting services at a high rate per say 30min minimum.

If you sell faster than you can resupply, you're selling too cheap

Hey Buddy.

Yeah that is a good option, currently my use for these Elteks is in custom built charge cases for the RC and UAV sectors, so I but the PSU's as and when needed, or if i see one at a good price and sit on it till needed.

I have now made a quick YouTube video and uploaded it today;

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04EvLyR2TBA[/youtube]

Price wise I am looking to sell these at £59.99 + delivery as a kit of parts needed for the user to wire up. I am planning to create a wiring diagram to make this easier and of course can do this for a small additional fee as well.
So the kit will include the CANnedIce Controller, the small contactor PCB, OLED display and membrane buttons.

Any and all input on the above is welcomed and appreciated.

Ian Contessa

Heads up for bargain power supplies!! 380875 ELTEK Flatpack 2 3000W 48V FRONT END

This has a different interface/pinout at the back but it's all there.

** £15 delivered! ** These are selling fast but they had 400 in stock the other day. I'm not the seller - just happened to come across it after trying to get one for ages. I've actually had this page bookmarked for years as I knew I'd be back some day :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393534025226

I've not tried to program one yet but will give it a go later...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 11.37.14.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 11.37.14.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,143
stinkhorn said:
I've not tried to program one yet but will give it a go later...
Are they rev 3 or above? So that they can be programmed and stay at the set voltage without a can device connected?

Wasn't able to see the rev in the phone.
So there is still no posibility to set them to a fixed voltage without a permanent can control.

dominik h said:
Wasn't able to see the rev in the phone.
So there is still no posibility to set them to a fixed voltage without a permanent can control.

Do you want the good news - or the good news?..

It has sticky voltage :bolt:! I've tried it with a few voltages and it definitely remembers it.

This is a different PSU from the others so I guess the firmware is slightly different too.

Haven't tried it with any other settings as they're not relevant to my application.

I take no responsibility for this information - it's worked for me but that's not to say it will work for everyone.

I've attached the datasheet for it -

Attachments

• Datasheet - Flatpack2 HE Front End Rectifier.pdf
    261.2 KB · Views: 134
Can you check if the current also can be set?

I just brought a bunch of other 2kw high efficiency rectifiers where the voltage could be set with an external resistor , everything was ok with them , but they where not able to do a cc--mode at 35V. They entered a hiccup mode under 40V So I sold them set to 49V as supply for rc-chargers .

Just read the datasheet from the Flatpack 3000HE. cc--mode from 40V to 48v.
Perhaps they will have the same problem with my 21S Li-NMC Pack.

I'm in no hurry.
I've got a working 3kw and 6kw charger, but both are big, heavy and with bad efficiency.

The topic has existed for 6 years. I believe that by far the best offer on the market is Huawei R4850G2 48V 42~58V 3000w weighing just 2000g.
It is the smallest PSU with a power factor of 1.5kW per kilogram of mass. Perhaps there are lighter devices with an identical power factor and so small in size.
If at the time of purchase I would have known that on TaoBao it is possible to buy an already converted one for the required voltage range, then I would most likely have bought it there. However, I bought two brand new ones on eBay for only £35 including shipping.

stinkhorn said:
coolice said:
or if i see one at a good price and sit on it till needed.

Here you go :D All you have to do is totally reengineer the interface PCB :(

DOH! Never seen this one before but certainly do'able I am sure with the right mating connector.

Have sent the image to my electronics wizard.
How much interest would there be if I could get a PCB/connector interface designed and made for these front end units?

Ian Contessa

It's actually an easy one to interface without a PCB. Normal spade terminals are very secure on the AC in and DC out. Small jumper cables go to whatever Can Bus thingy you're using. There's a short pin that's got to be grounded too - just like a lot of server PSUs.

I don't have that PCB sitting on top when it's on 8)

Attachments

• 20210903_165155_resized.jpg
    20210903_165155_resized.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,075
Just ordered 6 of the 3000W HE Frontend Version.
Shipping to Germany cost nearly the same es the PSU, but it is still the cheapest i have seen for a long time.

I should have said - the Short_Pin should be grounded to the output (DC) -ve

SHORT_PIN
The short pin is used to disable the rectifier if it is not
fully seated in the slot. It is must be tied to OUTPUT- in
the shelf backplane in order for the rectifier to
provide proper output voltage. The pin must be
terminated.

All 6 are working😁 and give a stable 52V up to 50A, ( my electronic load is limited to 50A).
Now I have to try my first steps with can bus or leave it to the pros and buy the coolice setup.

:bigthumb:

One of mine was dead but replacement sent out next day delivery. Great service from the seller.

Morning All.

Eltek Front End PCB is incoming to work with the FCI/Berg connector, of course it adds cost but makes for a neat solution.
We had to make the decision to limit the AC input connector options compared to our other Eltek PCB and in our opinion for very good reasons.
Doing so allowed us to squeeze in 3x XT90 connectors directly in-line with the DC output points, as well as some other useful features. In this case as these Front Ends can have their DC output controlled in the on/off state, we've provided outputs to get the +12 volts aux out to our CANnedIce controller and then also the +48 volts with diodes in-line so it becomes an either/or setup for power to outside controllers. We've also allowed connections to the auxiliary power outputs, as in my case I need to sometimes run cooling fans and other items from the PSU, so this allows some scope in the PCB’s use. They are low amperage outputs, but can run some small external devices.

Not yet sure on pricing, but bare PCB will be competitive again.

Ian Contessa

Attachments

• FrontEnd PCB 001.jpg
    FrontEnd PCB 001.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 647
  • FrontEnd PCB OrCAD 001.jpg
    FrontEnd PCB OrCAD 001.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 647
Back