TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

jeff.page.rides said:
..... 48v motor setting with a 36v motor?
What are the results or differences between the two settings with a 36 v motor?...
Both motors have different specs. like coil windings, inductance (135uH vs 76uH) and resistance (0.25 Ohm vs 0.094 Ohm)
You need these values for motor specific calculations.
By choosing the right motortype, the OSF controls the motor at best.
So I think experimenting with it could lead to unexpected behaviour or failure.

Here you find a short explanation

Woly said:
But, you can use a 48v battery with a 36v motor if that's what you're after.
Yes, that isn't a single problem. You even can use 52V or higher too
As long the motor setting stays 36V and the powersetting low enough (the same as normal 36V)

The advantage is with a higher Voltage and the same power, the current through the motorcoils is lower, so the temperature will be also lower. The rpm can go higher, so you can pedal with a higher cadence without powerloose.

THANKS,
Yes, I am using a 52v battery, and I have it set at 36v. I just wanted to know if anyone had tried or was using the 48v setting.

Well Jeff, I use a 36v motor and a 48v battery 850c display and it's working fine, but I have nothing to compare it with? Did a 42k ride today, but only had assist on a few gradients. I go very easy on the amount of pressure I use. I was trying out hybrid mode today, it was good, but I don't know what was different compared to eMTB mode.

Elinx said:
Zadou1989 said:
.... installed the Kit of TSDZ2 & 850C with original 6pin cable, ...few minutes later it shows error brakes(which I do not have brake sensor), ....
As mbrusa said the brake error is a communication error, meaning the display doesn't see the tsdz2.

Some questions:
Did the 850C work before with the original stock firmware?
Maybe a superfluous question, but besides flashing the display have you flashed the tsdz2 controller too?

Yes, the 850C came as a kit with TSDZ2, It works with stock firmware(the settings are has difference with bafang 850C stock firmware)。
I had tried to flash the motor controller with ST-Iink, but communication fails, I had remember that someone said the newest controller is not available to flash yet, Perhaps I am having the newest one.

mbrusa said:
If you see the error "Error brakes" the software is correct and working.
The "Error brakes" error is a bit ambiguous, I left the original description even if it would be more correct to define it "Error comms", it means that there is no communication between the display and the motor controller.
I am thinking of a wiring problem.
Do you have a display with 6-pin Thonsheng connector, or with 5-pin Bafang connector and adapter cable?
Unfortunately I don't have 850C, but from the feedback of those who tried it it works, both in the previous version and with the new 2021 version.

My 850C has original 6-Pin Tongsheng connector, this version is different with Bafang 850C display about hardware. I got the stock firmware of my version from APT factory yesterday. Now I had flashed back to stock firmware. Let me learning more and try again.

where it is possible to find the original(stock) firmware version for LCD 860C. Is it possible?

Zadou1989 said:

Yes, It works with stock firmware...
I had tried to flash the motor controller with ST-Iink, but communication fails ...
. Perhaps I am having the newest one.
Without flashing the controller too, it is not possible to run OSF.

You can measure with a multimeter.between gnd en swim on the connector to see if you have a new or old version.
New = 0V
Old = 5V

Hi and thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I've been reading the whole thing from start to finish and am around page 20 right now, trying to suck up as much information as I can.

I've got a question that I haven't seen answered so far.

Is it possible to use the OSF with LiFePO4 cells? Is the power meter customizable enough to account for the flatter voltage-discharge gradient?

Elinx said:
Zadou1989 said:

I had tried to flash the motor controller with ST-Iink, but communication fails ...

You can measure with a multimeter.between gnd en swim on the connector to see if you have a new or old version.
New = 0V
Old = 5V

Thanks. I did so, I measured voltage between bottom left and right pin of speed sensor connector, it showed 4.99, So I guess mine is old version, I will try to flash it again.

Zadou1989 said:
Elinx said:
Zadou1989 said:

New = 0V
Old = 5V

Thanks. I did so, I measured voltage between bottom left and right pin of speed sensor connector, it showed 4.99, So I guess mine is old version, I will try to flash it again.

I had flashed both 850C display and motor controller by 20.1C3. And learned how to set. Awesome! But my 3 pin throttle is not working anymore, even I had put on of throttle enable in street mode.

Update: 3 pin throttle is working now after I red the Configuration guide.
The OSF firmware is awesome as per my expectation. Thank you. Guys

Open source firmware TSDZ2-v20.1C.1-VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 safety updates
3 - Eliminated potential mosfet risk in "save battery capacity".
4 - Eliminated potential phantom pedaling risk in "rx buffer".
5 - Changed "dead time" value to 1.5 us.

Sorry, I am newbie. I do not know the aboves item. what is
mosfet risk? In normal use, mosfet will burn down?
phantom pedaling risk?
what "dead time" means?

Dear all,

I've been playing with V20.1C.1 (labelled 30 - 2021/07/07 - Update V20.1C.1 torque offset fix) as I have a VLCD5 display with my TSDZ2. I've managed to get almost everything working to my liking, but cannot seem to get the motor to stop quickly enough when I stop pedalling (I have a Rohloff, and want to stop pedalling momentarily to change gear safely - but right now it takes a couple of seconds for the motor to stop).

I believe from the manual that there used to be a "motor fast stop" option, and also a setting for motor deceleration (which could be 0-100%). However, in the version I have I cannot find either of these options in the Java configurator.

Please can somebody advise? If it is not possible that is OK - I can always wire in a kill switch to the brake input to act as an electronic 'clutch' for gear changes - but hoped that I wouldn't need to. It is always possible that I'm just being stupid and not seeing the option - which would be nice!

My thanks to all involved in this and the related OSF projects for such a wonderful upgrade to the motor from the stock firmware.
Regards,
Phil

Thanks @mbrusa for the reply - I shall await version v20.1C.4, and in the meantime just use an e-brake switch to work around it with v20.1C.1.

Cheers

KatondaEU said:
Is it possible to use the OSF with LiFePO4 cells? Is the power meter customizable enough to account for the flatter voltage-discharge gradient?

Haven’t done this myself, but can’t see any reason why not. Yes the discharge curve is a bit flatter but as long as you enter the right low voltage cutoff and max current. Obviously don’t use the cell count / battery voltage tables in the manual. Out of interest what cells and how many?

I cant flash the 850c, i tried using the bootloader box but no dice. i opened the display and soldered wires and tried the swd flashing whit stlink and i can connect it finally but when i try to erase the old it says it is write protected, my display has the old style connector.

any help.

Hi
How is it actually with overheating? A friend lives in the same city as me and uses stock firmware without a temperature sensor and rides high hills with max assitance and max Amp 16A. VLCD05. I drive 860C and last firmware v20.1C.3 new. On the same route as him i have no problem warming up the engine to 80C then turns off the assistance and he continues. I believe that his engine also has more than 80C and it still runs without problems with max assistance. So it makes some sense to use thermal protection when the stock firmware doesn't have them at all ... It limits me a lot when climbing high hills. :flame:

yes I heard about the magnets overheating but he definitely overheated them and the bike still has the same power :shock:

Since i didint get the 850c working i found lcd3 one of my bins and got it flashed and the motor and did the configuration but i dont get any motor output. in the lcd configuration i can see the throttle is connected and it values change when i twisted it and same for the torque sensor when i press the pedal.

i think i am missing something, any suggestions

Mayhem said:
Since i didint get the 850c working i found lcd3 one of my bins and got it flashed and the motor and did the configuration but i dont get any motor output. in the lcd configuration i can see the throttle is connected and it values change when i twisted it and same for the torque sensor when i press the pedal.

i think i am missing something, any suggestions
Low battery cutoff setting

low cut off is set to 41.5, i dont have brake switches installed will that affect?
everythign on the display side seems to work so does that mean that the motor firmware is flashed correctly?

Mayhem said:
low cut off is set to 41.5, i dont have brake switches installed will that affect?
everythign on the display side seems to work so does that mean that the motor firmware is flashed correctly?

If it did not work on both displays, it is possible it could be a setting, but my experience is that the motor is bad. They are about $100.00 and easy to replace if you use the correct tools that fit the screws.

Back