Bafang M500/M600 thread

Do we mean the same?
As throttle I understand to press the minus button on the control panel until the bike icon appears in the display. Then press the minus button again to start the walk mode. As long as the button is pressed.
Or is an external throttle unit available for the M500 engine?
I would be happy about it.
In both modes, Boost Y or N (860C), the limit is 6km/h. I didn't find any setting to increase this limit.

860C:
Hardware Version: E1.0
Software Version: 2.1B-V1

Controller:
CR X10N.250.FC 4.2
Software Version: CRX10NC3617i142017.7

Bafang C241:
Software Version: DPC241.CI70202.3

Oldman9a said:

Yes for ryanniel, i have walk mode on M500/600 and yes an throttle can be used. personally i use it to walk beside the bike only (but don't work in walk mode selected) and i need to mechanicaly limit the range to +- 6 km/h max

patdam said:
Oldman9a said:

Yes for ryanniel, i have walk mode on M500/600 and yes an throttle can be used. personally i use it to walk beside the bike only (but don't work in walk mode selected) and i need to mechanicaly limit the range to +- 6 km/h max

HOW TO DO IT?

Ryanniel said:
patdam said:
Oldman9a said:

HOW TO DO IT?

https://bradland.github.io/unofficial-luna-x-1-enduro-display-manual/

patdam said:
Ryanniel said:
patdam said:
Oldman9a said:

HOW TO DO IT?

https://bradland.github.io/unofficial-luna-x-1-enduro-display-manual/

thanks

CiDi said:
mroupi said:
CiDi said:
The Hugo connector is located along the display cable.

Hi, There is no HIGO connector located between screen and controler into the M420 (Cortina Bike )
Maybe I Should cut this wire and plug F/M HIGO on the middle.??

Can you send photos and model of the display?

I Cidi,
It seems to be the DP C18.C 1.0
"C" like Can I guess...
but no Higo plug , for sur..
Picture 'internet' of the M420, the same is on the bike

Attachments

• 20210718_193014.jpg
    20210718_193014.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,579
  • wconn-216800.jpg
    wconn-216800.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,579
mroupi said:
CiDi said:
mroupi said:
CiDi said:
The Hugo connector is located along the display cable.

Hi, There is no HIGO connector located between screen and controler into the M420 (Cortina Bike )

I Cidi,
"C" like Can I guess...

The connector is probably inside the frame of the mtb

Tomblarom said:
I'm doing development on this bracket. Got mounts for Brose and Shimano (E6100, E7000, E8000, EP8 are all identical). Simply too busy to finish it up. Currently working on Brose to M600, for a bike build I'm doing. Fits perfectly! Already did 3D-scans and need to reverse engineer the models.. Meanwhile, for Shimano this may help you guys! https://www.ticycles.com/ticycletubes/motor-cabinet-shimano-steps-e6100-e7000-e8000-lightweight-steel-bracket

Some impressions:
Thanks a lot Tomblarom for the pictures. It seems that there is more space around the Brose mount to build an adapter, but for the Shimano mount I cannot picture how to fit an adapter.

CiDi said:
mroupi said:
CiDi said:
mroupi said:

I Cidi,
"C" like Can I guess...

Thank you Cidi,
...it was exactly what you said...!

mroupi said:
CiDi said:
mroupi said:
CiDi said:

I Cidi,
"C" like Can I guess...

Thank you Cidi,
...it was exactly what you said...!

60km/h...perfect! work on M420 - Canbus
I can lend my innomaker to anybody want mod his controler, but in the Paris area France

Attachments

• 20210830_201634.jpg
    20210830_201634.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 2,399
Can anyone help me with CRX10NC4320i132045.7 firmware file? I have 48v m600 engine but going to switch to 43v battery.

Sandur-Rx said:
Can anyone help me with CRX10NC4320i132045.7 firmware file? I have 48v m600 engine but going to switch to 43v battery.

What kind of help do you need?

Waynemarlow said:
Interesting first couple of hours on the M600 last night riding in mostly steep and tricky single track with the abnormal growth levels of vegetation around and even over the paths this year. I had some trepidation about buying the M600 from the reports here on this forum but now having ridden one I can honestly say that this motor with minor tweaking will be as good as its fellow manufacturers products, possibly better.

Bare in mind that mine is a very late unit with plastic main gear and with the latest firmware on a 14S3P 21700 battery.

First impressions is that it’s very very quiet apart from almost the Prius type high frequency electric motor whine, certainly quieter than the Bosch Gen 4 and in the Brose category. It’s very very powerful and it surprised me even compared to the Brose which I consider the market leader, how much power it can put out. We have a long hill which gradually increases in steepness and in a straight drag race with the Brose owner who is virtually the same weight, winner winner and quite easily.

So where are the downsides. Sorry for you guys that want 1200 W’s + it’s not for you, for the guys who want to ride with analogue riders, it’s really really not for you, level 1 is just way to powerful, for the guys who want lightweight it’s not for you, it eats battery and understandably so when you consider that in level 1 it will pull 450 W’s, that’s getting into mid levels of assist of the Euro engines, which will too eat batteries if you run them in the higher assist levels. For the riders who want an over punchy off the bottom motor who exclusively ride in higher assist levels and ride steeper territory then sign up and get your wallet out.

Where would I change the motor, early days but the bottom assist levels are just way to powerful to be a really good all round motor. I think that’s it’s main problem at the moment as with that sort of punchiness with 450 W’s as it’s lowest assist level then you can see why we are getting reports of difficult to ride in tricky conditions ( to fast of ramp up for tricky starts but exactly what I would expect if I was starting off in higher assist levels in other motors ) and the consequent poor battery consumption with that higher minimum assist level. My guess if you could say tame dow n those first 2 assist levels and perhaps even spread the assist values over the 9 levels available, as standard then the motor wouldn’t be far off its competitors.

A thought regarding what voltage to run it at. It seems to have a real sweet spot around 50 volts where everything tames down and the motor feels really happy with what it’s doing. Do we run 14S and precondition the voltage to 50 volts, using the W/h counter on the display as your battery level. This overcomes the early shut down the motor is reported to do on the 13S setups and limits the voltage to the motor if we think 58 volts is reliably to high ?

Hi Wayne/All - Good write up. Having read this, it seems PAS 1-2 has been updated in a firmware release? I am sure i read early on in this thread that PAS1-2 was unusable due to LOW power and bad torque sensor settings, and PAS 3-5 was better - but too powerful. You would expect that being a 500W motor (yes i know it peaks much higher) PAS would be split 100/200/300/400/500watt?? Or at least 200W in PAS1 rather than the reported 450W???

I am deciding between this M600 motor and a brand name bike with a Bosch CX.

If you are saying PAS1-2 is too powerful, is this on sport mode? I’m guessing the M600 has ECO and Sport? Can anyone comment on if using ECO PAS 2 is manageable on some tight technical uphill/switchback type tracks? I dont want to get thrown out of the saddle due to crazy power bursts.

I want to ride faster than 25kmh (and a throttle would be nice) and it seems Bosch is on a mission to block the tuning chips, so M600 might be the safe bet here. It’s all a trade off. Bosch would be a very refined smooth experience, but if M600 is unusable in low PAS modes and not smooth to the point where i dont like riding it, I may be forced into Bosch route. Looking for a non biased opinion on ECO Vs Sport and torque sensor/power for technical stuff as well as faster flow tracks and road riding. I dont want to feel jerky uneven power application when riding road in PAS.

Thanks guys looking forward to hearing from ya’ll!

RoyRoy said:
Waynemarlow said:
Interesting first couple of hours on the M600 last night riding in mostly steep and tricky single track with the abnormal growth levels of vegetation around and even over the paths this year. I had some trepidation about buying the M600 from the reports here on this forum but now having ridden one I can honestly say that this motor with minor tweaking will be as good as its fellow manufacturers products, possibly better.

Bare in mind that mine is a very late unit with plastic main gear and with the latest firmware on a 14S3P 21700 battery.

First impressions is that it’s very very quiet apart from almost the Prius type high frequency electric motor whine, certainly quieter than the Bosch Gen 4 and in the Brose category. It’s very very powerful and it surprised me even compared to the Brose which I consider the market leader, how much power it can put out. We have a long hill which gradually increases in steepness and in a straight drag race with the Brose owner who is virtually the same weight, winner winner and quite easily.

So where are the downsides. Sorry for you guys that want 1200 W’s + it’s not for you, for the guys who want to ride with analogue riders, it’s really really not for you, level 1 is just way to powerful, for the guys who want lightweight it’s not for you, it eats battery and understandably so when you consider that in level 1 it will pull 450 W’s, that’s getting into mid levels of assist of the Euro engines, which will too eat batteries if you run them in the higher assist levels. For the riders who want an over punchy off the bottom motor who exclusively ride in higher assist levels and ride steeper territory then sign up and get your wallet out.

Where would I change the motor, early days but the bottom assist levels are just way to powerful to be a really good all round motor. I think that’s it’s main problem at the moment as with that sort of punchiness with 450 W’s as it’s lowest assist level then you can see why we are getting reports of difficult to ride in tricky conditions ( to fast of ramp up for tricky starts but exactly what I would expect if I was starting off in higher assist levels in other motors ) and the consequent poor battery consumption with that higher minimum assist level. My guess if you could say tame dow n those first 2 assist levels and perhaps even spread the assist values over the 9 levels available, as standard then the motor wouldn’t be far off its competitors.

A thought regarding what voltage to run it at. It seems to have a real sweet spot around 50 volts where everything tames down and the motor feels really happy with what it’s doing. Do we run 14S and precondition the voltage to 50 volts, using the W/h counter on the display as your battery level. This overcomes the early shut down the motor is reported to do on the 13S setups and limits the voltage to the motor if we think 58 volts is reliably to high ?

Hi Wayne/All - Good write up. Having read this, it seems PAS 1-2 has been updated in a firmware release? I am sure i read early on in this thread that PAS1-2 was unusable due to LOW power and bad torque sensor settings, and PAS 3-5 was better - but too powerful. You would expect that being a 500W motor (yes i know it peaks much higher) PAS would be split 100/200/300/400/500watt?? Or at least 200W in PAS1 rather than the reported 450W???

If you are saying PAS1-2 is too powerful, is this on sport mode? I’m guessing the M600 has ECO and Sport? Can anyone comment on if using ECO PAS 2 is manageable on some tight technical uphill/switchback type tracks? I dont want to get thrown out of the saddle due to crazy power bursts.

I want to ride faster than 25kmh (and a throttle would be nice) and it seems Bosch is on a mission to block the tuning chips, so M600 might be the safe bet here. It’s all a trade off. Bosch would be a very refined smooth experience, but if M600 is unusable in low PAS modes and not smooth to the point where i dont like riding it, I may be forced into Bosch route. Looking for a non biased opinion on ECO Vs Sport and torque sensor/power for technical stuff as well as faster flow tracks and road riding. I dont want to feel jerky uneven power application when riding road in PAS.

With the latest firmware the M600 motor works well in all PAS positions.

Hey guys! Finally able to work on the Shimano E6100 / E7000 / E8000 adaptation. Fits way too good in there! However you have to remove some material of the original bracket.

I'm planning to release it as a kit. It will be compatible with the covers & skidplates, that come with M500 / M600. Maybe you need to cut away some plastic, to make them fit.

CiDi said:
RoyRoy said:

Be aware that the unit that had the lower level assist problems was the Luna version that had been modded to give higher outputs, which only horse power mad Americans seem to want, the rest of have a petrol Enduro bike and a subtle fun EBike to avoid the one size doesn’t fit all problem.

The later version M600’s are good, very good in some ways and I think most of my calling the motor feisty is down to my using 52 volts than the designed for 48 volts. Once my batteries are down under 50 volts and using the 9 assist levels mode, the motor settles down into quite a descent motor. Sure it’s not quite as mellow as say the Bosch but never less it’s very rideable and no you won’t have problems in tight single track. Bafang really do need to get an App like the Specialized Launch, the Shimano and the 2022 Bosch App which allows the user to set desired levels and ramp ups. Bafang have a student who has never ridden mtbs writing theirs such is the poor quality of the App. Things like the Bluetooth update is their but locked out.

If you want over 25 kph and a throttle then from the factory the M600 is the only motor available other than some of the kits for standard mtbs as conversions.

You probably have read too much of people wanting too much from their engines, go try one if you can, if not then it’s a good motor from my experience just needing a bit of further development to keep up with the opposition.

Tomblarom said:
Hey guys! Finally able to work on the Shimano E6100 / E7000 / E8000 adaptation. Fits way too good in there!
I'm planning to release it as a kit.
Good job! I cannot wait for you to release that kit.

CiDi said:
Sandur-Rx said:

What kind of help do you need?

Don’t need help anymore. The 43v 600wh bafang battery with m500 has so much less range than the m600 with the 14ah 48v dengfu battery. I’m not going to switch 43v firmware on m600 but instead transfer the battery inside of the 48v battery to my new frame.

Waynemarlow said:
CiDi said:
RoyRoy said:

Be aware that the unit that had the lower level assist problems was the Luna version that had been modded to give higher outputs, which only horse power mad Americans seem to want, the rest of have a petrol Enduro bike and a subtle fun EBike to avoid the one size doesn’t fit all problem.

The later version M600’s are good, very good in some ways and I think most of my calling the motor feisty is down to my using 52 volts than the designed for 48 volts. Once my batteries are down under 50 volts and using the 9 assist levels mode, the motor settles down into quite a descent motor. Sure it’s not quite as mellow as say the Bosch but never less it’s very rideable and no you won’t have problems in tight single track. Bafang really do need to get an App like the Specialized Launch, the Shimano and the 2022 Bosch App which allows the user to set desired levels and ramp ups. Bafang have a student who has never ridden mtbs writing theirs such is the poor quality of the App. Things like the Bluetooth update is their but locked out.

If you want over 25 kph and a throttle then from the factory the M600 is the only motor available other than some of the kits for standard mtbs as conversions.

You probably have read too much of people wanting too much from their engines, go try one if you can, if not then it’s a good motor from my experience just needing a bit of further development to keep up with the opposition.

Thanks Wayne and CiDi. After reading this and having a look at the “fangbikes” videos and chatting with the guy who was riding, I am ready to go with an M600 bike. I just dont want the trouble of trying to illegally tune Bosch and having it go into limp mode when I’m on the track. That would make me rage. I just need to embrace the lack of support from a LBS and get my hands dirty with servicing and diagnosing any issues which may come up, which isn’t a bad thing :p

I agree that they should definitely do an app that lets you tune such as the EP8 etc, that would be amazing, but i suspect it would probably push the price of the motor up.

In all my reading over the past few months, I haven’t seen any systemic reliability issues. I do worry a little bit about Bafang going black to the plastic gear, but if its fine with stock torque on a 48v system them in happy also. I guess even if it does break its a pretty easy fix.

Thanks again for the advise and good luck to those looking at the firmware stuff, I am following that also.

CiDi said:
derekjames said:
I enquired with Bafang regarding the gear / shift sensor and they issued a statement saying it does not work and neither the light cables work. They did say the brake sensors work and I am guessing there would be no reason why one could not branch out of the brake sensors using splitters to also connect the gear sensor cables.

I am waiting on my brake sensors from Bafang to try this out.

I confirm that the shift sensor does not work, the light cable, coupled to the display cable, works correctly.
Hi Guys, did anybody successfully connect a brake sensor and a shift sensor on the m500/600?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hi ,
unable to create a new topic on Endless Sphere on M420 motor..

Anybody knows how to disassemble or translate canbus HEX code.?
There is software working with canbus wire of CiDi?
How get differents HEX code?
For exemple I would change min Lightning of display ( 10%) on DPC18 display , Auto 5 level power at start up, change torque sensibility , like in UART mode

What does everyone think of the new m600 48v firmware. 46.7. Throttle is more smooth. That’s a plus. What i don’t like is the short peak of power when you start peddling that sags after a short while. To have to completely stop peddling to get that big boost again. On the trails that’s annoying because you never know if you’re going to launch like a rocket after a turn or not😂

Tomblarom said:
Hey guys! Finally able to work on the Shimano E6100 / E7000 / E8000 adaptation. Fits way too good in there! However you have to remove some material of the original bracket.

I'm planning to release it as a kit. It will be compatible with the covers & skidplates, that come with M500 / M600. Maybe you need to cut away some plastic, to make them fit.

Hi, I'm really curious about this - is plastic (i'm assuming that's what its made of) going to be strong enough and not warp on hot days? since frames are so hard to acquire for these motors, i'm thinking this would be a great way to give some tired old shimano based bikes a new life. How hard would it be to make out of aluminum plate do you think?

Back