Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

"Usually the right field of low (1st gear) is the overall current in percent of what the controller is capable of (not to mess up with busbar current from page1!)"

Hi, it was difficult to me, but i realised something similar.
As i realised the busbar setting isn't affect anything.
But as i remember (i will try again) the right field percentage means the current percentage of the sport setting. I will try soon by a simple way, by lower the sport current and check the result in the other modes.

Another question, maybe you will know:
What is the purpose of the "overvoltage" setting? It cuts off the controller, or just limit the regen function?
I'm just trying to find the way how can i limit the regen when the battery is full, to prevent the overcharge of the battery.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 8T eszközömről

kiggyo said:
What is the purpose of the "overvoltage" setting? It cuts off the controller, or just limit the regen function?
I'm just trying to find the way how can i limit the regen when the battery is full, to prevent the overcharge of the battery.

That's a very, very smart thought. If the overvoltage just cuts off the regen braking, that would be amazing. I will try at lunchbreak (I'm +7h, so in 3 hours)
@j bjork:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! I missed that small detail! Thank you so much for pointing it out. I will give it a try at lunchbreak as well

Did not had time for the voltage, I will do this in the evening. The change to surface had absolutely no impact. But I got the QS-Motors support on WeChat, and they gave me the parameters for the motor. In the end, a minor change on the wiring and the angle set to 0 degrees, however, there was no difference at all after that change and I had done everything more or less correct already. The joke is, that this motor is getting itself in a flux weakening zone and they simply prevent the q axis current to exceed the maximum level by limiting the RPM. I am not kidding.

rienesl said:
kiggyo said:

That's a very, very smart thought. If the overvoltage just cuts off the regen braking, that would be amazing. I will try at lunchbreak (I'm +7h, so in 3 hours)
@j bjork:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! I missed that small detail! Thank you so much for pointing it out. I will give it a try at lunchbreak as well

Hi!

I went out with the car and tested some things. This overvoltage idea isn't work. If the controller is in the overvoltage area it stops working (goes to fault), and after the voltage drops down is starts again, not smooth, not good. So it isn't control the regen braking.

Another thing:

I tried again the % settings in the LOW/MID/HIGH settings, and realised again what i wrote last time:
- The "busbar" setting at page1 insn't affect anything
- the Right column % at LOW/MID/HIGH means the percentage of the current of the SPORT MODE setting.

Stupid thing, but it is the reality :)

votolA.png

one more, different topic:

My car is heavy (350-400kg) and the final gear ratio is low (5.8:1). When the car starts to move, it makes vibration, noise under 500-600rpm, and after it works very smooth.
I tried to tweak the soft start settings, but without soft start is better, because i need lots of power to start to move the car and go out from this noisy are as quick as possibe.
So i need a relative high power to start, and after a smooth increasing to accelerate.

This chinglish manual is a piece of sh*t, i can't understood what is the meaning of the following settings:

- The start torque seems to be what is, if i set up a higher value it start from a higher amps. What is the meaning of the value? The manual says : usually 0, do not change. With a setting of 1000, it starts good, but i don't know the maximum value.
- the combination torque ??? The manual says 0-350.
- rate of rise seems to be an acceleration constant (it increases this magic number by this another one)
- the rate of decline?? i can't feel anything.

But a weird thing is, when i set the last 2 values to 1, the car started to accelerate with released throttle, i just stopped by cutting E-LOCK signal. Very dangerous...

votolB.png

kiggyo said:
Another thing:

I tried again the % settings in the LOW/MID/HIGH settings, and realised again what i wrote last time:
- the Right column % at LOW/MID/HIGH means the percentage of the current of the SPORT MODE setting.

votolA.png

Hi,
Your statements are probably correct for your controller (em200, SW 2.2, FW 1.03) !? But! They are not for the controller (em150 72490, SW2.32, HW 1.13), really not! There are big differences between the versions, hardware and software!

Paulflieg said:
kiggyo said:
Another thing:

votolA.png

Hi,
Your statements are probably correct for your controller (em200, SW 2.2, FW 1.03) !? But! They are not for the controller (em150 72490, SW2.32, HW 1.13), really not! There are big differences between the versions, hardware and software!
Hugh, it isn't good. In a normal world it needs to be the same, there is only one manual and pc sw for all types.

kiwibob said:
rienesl said:
I had exactly the same issue with one of my controllers (and wrote this a few pages ago). The reason is a miscalibrated current. Calibrate the current and the thing will go like a rocket

EDIT - It's alive! It must've needed a controller restart after making the change, because when I went to look at it again it was running awesome. Thanks to all!

Hi Kiwibob!

Can you please explain what settings made the difference? As i can see you tried a lot of things, and a restart made the change. But what setting was the one what you need? Thanks

A few updates. I try to go in chronological order:
Overvoltage: I had tried with my bike that has a swap battery, because I thought if the controller shuts off at the voltage I set, I have a problem with a permanently built in one (on the swap system I have a 70% charged and a 20% charged, so regen braking is working for sure and if the controller shuts off, I will be able to revive it with the empty one (lower voltage). However, it turned out that the controller is still responding to the computer in overvoltage status, but refuses to accelerate. So: yes, regen braking does not work if the voltage of the battery exceeds the set overvoltage voltage - well, in a certain way 8)
@kiggyo: Your discovery on the right mid field is unfortunately relative. I tried with my EM-50S firmware 2.33 Software V3 sport 9. No effect of the right mid field in any gear or sport at all. However, I got a non-sports EM-50 (firmware 2.32) and here all the right side fields of the gears are the current for the according gear. Example: if you have an EM-100 (without "S"!!!), then 100% in any of the right side fields means 100A: 63% means 63A and so on.
However, the hige (high) had an impact on the maximum speed on the "s" edition
@kiggyo again:
You might wonder, why I noted the firmware ans software versions above: Different firmware versions DO require different software versions. It's a hit or miss. If you get the wrong combination, it will either not work, make your controller not working or has unpredictable results. However, different software versions DO behave different and especially the right side settings of the gears have changed their functionality many times in the past (originally they were intended for dual voltage usage)

rienesl said:
A few updates. I try to go in chronological order:
Overvoltage: I had tried with my bike that has a swap battery, because I thought if the controller shuts off at the voltage I set, I have a problem with a permanently built in one (on the swap system I have a 70% charged and a 20% charged, so regen braking is working for sure and if the controller shuts off, I will be able to revive it with the empty one (lower voltage). However, it turned out that the controller is still responding to the computer in overvoltage status, but refuses to accelerate. So: yes, regen braking does not work if the voltage of the battery exceeds the set overvoltage voltage - well, in a certain way 8)
@kiggyo: Your discovery on the right mid field is unfortunately relative. I tried with my EM-50S firmware 2.33 Software V3 sport 9. No effect of the right mid field in any gear or sport at all. However, I got a non-sports EM-50 (firmware 2.32) and here all the right side fields of the gears are the current for the according gear. Example: if you have an EM-100 (without "S"!!!), then 100% in any of the right side fields means 100A: 63% means 63A and so on.
However, the hige (high) had an impact on the maximum speed on the "s" edition
@kiggyo again:
You might wonder, why I noted the firmware ans software versions above: Different firmware versions DO require different software versions. It's a hit or miss. If you get the wrong combination, it will either not work, make your controller not working or has unpredictable results. However, different software versions DO behave different and especially the right side settings of the gears have changed their functionality many times in the past (originally they were intended for dual voltage usage)
Thank you for your efforts, it was very useful!

This controller is a joke, buggy fw, buggy sw, and shit manual. I spent hours to imagine what is the purpose for some settings, but no luck. And the same setting make different things on different units...

Now i have one big problem, and i cannot find the solution:
At the start, from 0 rpm it isn't deliver the full amps to the motor, only few.
For Example, with 160A setting, if you push the pedal fully, it delivers only 10-20A, and after few rotations it increase to the maximum. This could be 0.5 sec or 2 sec, or more.

The main problem if the low starting amps can't rotate the motor (the car need to climb up to a bump), it just make weird noises and the car will stay in the traffic. Or start immediately with burning tires, i haven't got control on it, no predictable.

I switched off all the soft start settings but no luck.

I think it needs to work like a stepper motor, deliver full amps at absolutely low rpms also...

That's ironic, today I ran in exactly the same problem (but out of time). Thankfully I have the same setup on an other bike and there it works, so I think I will copy one value by the next to determine the cause. However I expect the cause to be on page 1, in the "start setting" section - particular the first 2 (which are 1 if I remember correctly and on the other vehicle 0). A small warning (as you already found out the hard way): do NOT use values on "rate of decline" smaller than 10 or better 20. This is a value that keeps the throttle up when it is released. For 2 wheelers not important (or doesn't make sense at all), but for vehicles with a ratio, it prevents the gears and bearings to wear up from a sudden throttle release.

Mar1u5 said:
Hello, I have velocifero mad 48v1000w190728 50003 and votol em-30s controller with 48v 52 amp battery. The hub wheel does not spin. By any chance someone could provide me with the correct settings of the controller. Thank You in advance.

Dont use it with 48 volts it makes no sense.

Send me your setup. I managed to setup the em30 correctly.

Hello everyone,

I really read all those 65 pages in this post and i still didnt understad somthing, mybe someone can help me here.
I have electric ATV with 60v 20ah battery and 1000W motor with votol em-50s controller, i have 3 speed switch and top speed is 35kph, what i want to do is to increase the speed a litel bit to 45kph without changing the hardwere (battery, motor etc...) just by changing the votol controller parameters.
i bought the USB cable and secssed to connect the controller, some of parameters i understand and some not, can someone help with this?! which parametrs cumbination control the RPM?
i attached pics of all the pages from the controller.

thanks a lot

gilad.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 10.52.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 10.52.12.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,101
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 10.52.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 10.52.38.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,102
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 10.53.15.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 10.53.15.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,099
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 10.54.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 10.54.33.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,101
Hi All,

I'm just playing with the flux weakening and jitter values, and found one page in the manual:

It says at this display it can show the Q and D axis voltages and currents to help to find the best flux weakening values.

How can it be activated in the software? How can i find the best parameters for the motor? Is there a good description somewhere?

The motor is qs138 90h, and the controller is em-200SP.
(I found that with 150 jitter settings it starts to move smoother than the original 1000 setting)

Thanks
86242a8aece6747569a2bc546fa5f25d.jpg

Hi community,

After a week with the system working, yesterday after changing the throttle range values in my EM-150 and rebooting the controller lost the values, and now it never keeps them after power cycling the EM-150. I find it very strange that the value of the Soft Undervoltage stays always at zero.

This is what I do:
1. Change the params for throttle and Undervoltage.
2. Click on Write-Params
3. Pop up message box confirms parameters written (audio signal heard)
4. The throttle works,confirming that the parameters have been written.
5. Now if I click on "conect", the value of Undervoltage is zero again (the ones from the throttle keep the modified value). This is the screen I have attached.
6. Power down - Wait a minute
7. Power on, click on "conect". All! the values have been reset to factory default.

WTF is going on here? EEPROM fault (on "Soft Undervoltage") with wrong checksum at boot defaulting to factory settings? Please give me some light. Thanks

Attachments

• VOTOL_Param_Zero.png
    VOTOL_Param_Zero.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,052
pe! said:
Hi community,

After a week with the system working, yesterday after changing the throttle range values in my EM-150 and rebooting the controller lost the values, and now it never keeps them after power cycling the EM-150. I find it very strange that the value of the Soft Undervoltage stays always at zero.

This is what I do:
1. Change the params for throttle and Undervoltage.
2. Click on Write-Params
3. Pop up message box confirms parameters written (audio signal heard)
4. The throttle works,confirming that the parameters have been written.
5. Now if I click on "conect", the value of Undervoltage is zero again (the ones from the throttle keep the modified value). This is the screen I have attached.
6. Power down - Wait a minute
7. Power on, click on "conect". All! the values have been reset to factory default.

WTF is going on here? EEPROM fault (on "Soft Undervoltage") with wrong checksum at boot defaulting to factory settings? Please give me some light. Thanks

Try that, start voltage = 1.2, soft undervoltage = 66.5 then save! Then turn it off! Then switch on and .....?

Hello all,

I have finally read all 63 pages...

Few questions:

1. How to find out whether I have CAN or non-CAN version?
2. Can someone provide PINOUT for USB-TTL RX, TX, GND (is 5V needed?)
3. Can it be programmed while everything is connected to hub, ebike battery, etc

mikekay said:
Hello all,

I have finally read all 63 pages...

Few questions:

1. How to find out whether I have CAN or non-CAN version?
2. Can someone provide PINOUT for USB-TTL RX, TX, GND (is 5V needed?)
3. Can it be programmed while everything is connected to hub, ebike battery, etc

1. Connect
2. See Picture
3. Yes

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_191046.jpg
    IMG_20211018_191046.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 935
andreika1986 said:
When connected to the setup program, it is defined as votol em50 SW 2.32 HW 1.13. Some settings and port configuration settings are not saved.

i Have same problem.. when i shut off system.. setting won't saved... i will plan to replace STM32 IC.. but how i can write firmware in to it...?

Hello guys !

Its my first time using a votol controller, i managed to make the wires, i just wanted to ask you guys if my settings are correct, i do understand some parts but not all :(

my battery is 72v 150a 54ah with votol 100s , motor qs 2000w watt "surface mount type" ( i thought it was 3000w)

I have read the whole topic but still not sure, i will appreciate if you could help me, juste to make sure setting is ok or too low/High (mostly page 2/3)

Thanks to you all :D

Attachments

• FE7E38A8-81D8-40AE-8059-095FA8F260E2.jpeg
    FE7E38A8-81D8-40AE-8059-095FA8F260E2.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 863
  • B33A92ED-C680-4B73-B5A5-86487D2FA03D.jpeg
    B33A92ED-C680-4B73-B5A5-86487D2FA03D.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 863
  • 1574F45B-80E0-4535-BDC3-52D07970EA7F.jpeg
    1574F45B-80E0-4535-BDC3-52D07970EA7F.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 863
deida789 said:
Hello guys !

Its my first time using a votol controller, i managed to make the wires, i just wanted to ask you guys if my settings are correct, i do understand some parts but not all :(

my battery is 72v 150a 54ah with votol 100s , motor qs3000 watt.

I have read the whole topic but still not sure, i will appreciate if you could help me, juste to make sure setting is ok or too low/High (mostly page 2/3).

Hi, i can't search now, but if you check my posts in different topics (there are few only), you will see what i'm using with qs3000+em200 combo.
For the first look your motor settings are wrong, it has 5 poles and 60 degree hall angle.

kiggyo said:
deida789 said:
Hello guys !

my battery is 72v 150a 54ah with votol 100s , motor qs3000 watt.

I have read the whole topic but still not sure, i will appreciate if you could help me, juste to make sure setting is ok or too low/High (mostly page 2/3).

Hi, i can't search now, but if you check my posts in different topics (there are few only), you will see what i'm using with qs3000+em200 combo.
For the first look your motor settings are wrong, it has 5 poles and 60 degree hall angle.

thank you so much :) so it should 60 degree and not -60 degree ? I will check your post to see , really appreciate you took time to reply 👍

Ps: i checked your post , but i still don't understand about the value as i'am new about page 2-3.

Back