TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

guihei said:
Hello, I have problems with the DFU of the wireless controller. The flashing of the bootloader with the STLINK V2 worked and I can connect to the nRF52840 with the nRF Connect mobile app. When i start the DFU the file trancfer is displayed with the graph like in the video and ends at 100%. Then the nRF Connect mobile app disconects from the nRF52840 but nothing happens now. I can't connect to the controller with the TSDZ2 controller app and there is no Bluetooth divice with the name TSDZ2. The LED on top of the nRF52840 is all the time off, just if i press the reset button it flashes in green.
Sorry I don't know what is happening. Maybe you can try full erase and flash again the bootloader?

casainho said:
casainho said:
kalleg said:
I simply love this project. My current LCD5 has just broken down due to water ingress and I'm looking for a new solution. The wireless controller paired with the android app would be optimal for me. But I'm afraid it would be too big of a project to handle with my limited skills. Are there any place you can buy a finished wireless controller (Ecobikes? - site down atm), or would anyone be willing to build one for me (will pay for hours ofc). Would be a major upgrade for me, instead of buying another LCD5 and running stock (I have cable and ability to flash the motor myself).
The most simple solution would be to use the wireless controller with wired remote. You can even skip the installation of the 2 mosfets (and so leave the TSDZ2 motor controller always enabled as others seems to be doing that).
Here the schematic for TSDZ2 wireless controller with wired remote and TSDZ2 motor controller always enabled (power on/off the battery to disabled the motor controller, if using a Smart BMS with Bluetooth on your battery, you can turn on/off the battery using the BMS app):

This along with another user on the main thread has got me thinking. If I have a 8 pin cable from my motor could the dc-dc be removed like below? Power on would be from the bike battery and control would be via the phone app. Thanks

IMG_20210926_211913.jpg

stek692003 said:
casainho said:
casainho said:
kalleg said:
I simply love this project. My current LCD5 has just broken down due to water ingress and I'm looking for a new solution. The wireless controller paired with the android app would be optimal for me. But I'm afraid it would be too big of a project to handle with my limited skills. Are there any place you can buy a finished wireless controller (Ecobikes? - site down atm), or would anyone be willing to build one for me (will pay for hours ofc). Would be a major upgrade for me, instead of buying another LCD5 and running stock (I have cable and ability to flash the motor myself).
The most simple solution would be to use the wireless controller with wired remote. You can even skip the installation of the 2 mosfets (and so leave the TSDZ2 motor controller always enabled as others seems to be doing that).
Here the schematic for TSDZ2 wireless controller with wired remote and TSDZ2 motor controller always enabled (power on/off the battery to disabled the motor controller, if using a Smart BMS with Bluetooth on your battery, you can turn on/off the battery using the BMS app):

This along with another user on the main thread has got me thinking. If I have a 8 pin cable from my motor could the dc-dc be removed like below? Power on would be from the bike battery and control would be via the phone app. Thanks

IMG_20210926_211913.jpg
That makes sense and I am almost sure it will work!!

rdancer said:
casainho said:
Sorry I don't know what is happening.

I can send you one of the bricked dongles, if you want to :)
I have no time.

guihei said:
Hello, I have problems with the DFU of the wireless controller. The flashing of the bootloader with the STLINK V2 worked and I can connect to the nRF52840 with the nRF Connect mobile app. When i start the DFU the file trancfer is displayed with the graph like in the video and ends at 100%. Then the nRF Connect mobile app disconects from the nRF52840 but nothing happens now. I can't connect to the controller with the TSDZ2 controller app and there is no Bluetooth divice with the name TSDZ2. The LED on top of the nRF52840 is all the time off, just if i press the reset button it flashes in green.

I have the same problem, and with 3 different nRF boards. I can connect to NRF connect after installing the bootloader, not with the app installed. LED is always OFF.

casainho said:
stek692003 said:
casainho said:
casainho said:

IMG_20210926_211913.jpg

Just looked into this a bit more. I think vbattery and vin would also need to be connected together to work.

agphil said:
guihei said:

I have the same problem, and with 3 different nRF boards. I can connect to NRF connect after installing the bootloader, not with the app installed. LED is always OFF.
I am on Linux and following the Linux guide, it works for me.

stek692003 said:
casainho said:
stek692003 said:
casainho said:

IMG_20210926_211913.jpg

Just looked into this a bit more. I think vbattery and vin would also need to be connected together to work.

YES

casainho said:
agphil said:
guihei said:

I'm not trying to compile the firmware myself at this time, I'm using your compiled version V0.8.0 located there: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_wireless/releases

agphil said:
casainho said:
agphil said:
guihei said:

I'm not trying to compile the firmware myself at this time, I'm using your compiled version V0.8.0 located there: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_wireless/releases
I would say installing the bootloader on the Linux, may solve that issue. I am not sure why.

Hello,
I am selling my wahoo bolt at the moment due to the poor implementation of gps features. Some months ago i could connect my wahoo to the nrf board successfully but lets be honest there are only 3 ebike fields available (battery level,motor support level & i don’t remember anymore what else) and you can’t even change the motor support level with the wahoo. And if you have an iphone then there isn‘t even a chance to use this device to change config. I am aware that this is not the developers fault since there are no other standard fields for ebike available but this means that actually that the whole project forces you to garmin-only devices if i am right. Still fine and nice solution if the garmin device supports the necessary custom garmin apps or whatever these fields are called. This leads me to the following questions.
1. i like the design of those small garmins but i read they dont support these garmin apps (connect iq?). I discovered the Garmin Edge Explorer, which i can get for under 200€. Will this device offer me all the features i need to use the nrf52 board?
2. I never instructed a company to 3d print a designed product for me. Can someone tell me where / which company can print this nrf-remote for me that allows users to switch on/off the controller?
Regards

Peacepirate said:
Hello,
I am selling my wahoo bolt at the moment due to the poor implementation of gps features. Some months ago i could connect my wahoo to the nrf board successfully but lets be honest there are only 3 ebike fields available (battery level,motor support level & i don’t remember anymore what else) and you can’t even change the motor support level with the wahoo. And if you have an iphone then there isn‘t even a chance to use this device to change config. I am aware that this is not the developers fault since there are no other standard fields for ebike available but this means that actually that the whole project forces you to garmin-only devices if i am right. Still fine and nice solution if the garmin device supports the necessary custom garmin apps or whatever these fields are called. This leads me to the following questions.
1. i like the design of those small garmins but i read they dont support these garmin apps (connect iq?). I discovered the Garmin Edge Explorer, which i can get for under 200€. Will this device offer me all the features i need to use the nrf52 board?
2. I never instructed a company to 3d print a designed product for me. Can someone tell me where / which company can print this nrf-remote for me that allows users to switch on/off the controller?
Regards
You need to go to the Garmin CIQ apps store and see there the application you would like to use, then, see also for wich devices that application works. Note the Garmin Edge 530/830 and 1030, (I have the 830), they support natively the ANT+ LEV but then you can also install the apps developed by the other developers.

For the remote, probably your best option is to find some individual that has a 3D printer and ask for 3D print the parts, which are very easy and very quick to print since they are very small.

You need to go to the Garmin CIQ apps store and see there the application you would like to use, then, see also for wich devices that application works. Note the Garmin Edge 530/830 and 1030, (I have the 830), they support natively the ANT+ LEV but then you can also install the apps developed by the other developers.

For the remote, probably your best option is to find some individual that has a 3D printer and ask for 3D print the parts, which are very easy and very quick to print since they are very small.
[/quote]
Well, the edge explore seems to support ANT+ LEV protocol and the price of the 830 is almost twice as big. Guess that checking garmin CIQ apps compatibility will be only possible with a garmin device… but i‘ ll check that.
Well Casainho, imagine there are people on this planet who don‘t have friends with 3d printers;)

Peacepirate said:
Well Casainho, imagine there are people on this planet who don‘t have friends with 3d printers;)
See that it just a box to hold the electronic board and the battery and hide the wires. You can do manually any small black box with some black thin plastic sheet, cut and do hole for LED, and glue. You do not need a 3D printer. You can use the VLCD5 remote as it is and route the cable to inside the box.

Apparently tic tac boxes will do at a pinch, well for feketehegyis gizmo
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79788&start=9025#p1677417

:D

agphil said:
guihei said:

I have a similar problem [emoji3] 2 devices do not respond completely (after many attempts to upload the software) 3rd device can be seen in dfu but the software does not run on it. Unfortunately, I gave up, I had a lot of potential in this project, but unfortunately I still have to wait. so far the board is waiting for "better times" :D
I have uploaded another soft and I am racing on it :)

IMG_20210604_162903.jpg
IMG_20210606_153726.jpg
IMG_20210606_153801.jpg
IMG_20210606_153812.jpg
IMG_20210606_170406.jpg
IMG_20210606_170419.jpg

Sent from my MAX1 using Tapatalka

woojak said:
agphil said:
guihei said:

I have a similar problem [emoji3] 2 devices do not respond completely (after many attempts to upload the software) 3rd device can be seen in dfu but the software does not run on it. Unfortunately, I gave up, I had a lot of potential in this project, but unfortunately I still have to wait. so far the board is waiting for "better times" :D

IMG_20210604_162903.jpg
IMG_20210606_153726.jpg
IMG_20210606_153801.jpg
IMG_20210606_153812.jpg
IMG_20210606_170406.jpg
IMG_20210606_170419.jpg

Are you programming the bootloader on Linux or Windows?

agphil said:
woojak said:
agphil said:
guihei said:

IMG_20210604_162903.jpg
IMG_20210606_153726.jpg
IMG_20210606_153801.jpg
IMG_20210606_153812.jpg
IMG_20210606_170406.jpg
IMG_20210606_170419.jpg

Are you programming the bootloader on Linux or Windows?
I am a Windows 10 user: D

woojak said:
file.php
Nice boards!!

Because I have my cargo bike shared with my wife, and there is no Garmin display on it, it is hard to use the wireless remote - I really miss a display.

I decided to buy a SW102 because it is small as we like. Then when opening the SW102 to solder the wires and install the bootloader, I destroyed it because the board inside was totally different then the ones I had previously. So, I decided to not spend money anymore on this displays and instead build one based on the wireless controller and a small display, as small as the SW102. Small so it can be made robust with a thick 3d printed case and not be something eye catching for when I park my bicycles on the street for some hours.

And I own a popular cheap electric scooter Xiaomi M365, with OpenSource firmware and with many improvements / mods to be done. I need a custom display for it so I will reuse this one (it needs connection to throttle and brake signal, as this ones are sent by UART to the motor controller).

My idea is to reuse the SW102 firmware that we did develop and add the Bluetooth and ANT+ from TSDZ2 wireless, including the same mobile app. From the hardware perspective, is like the TSDZ2 wireless wired remote + display.

To the TSDZ2 wireless board, we just need to add 4 wires (Vcc 3.3V) to connect to this 0.96 inches OLED display:

And here is our the display firmware for SW102, I do not expect more then this. I wish to see on the display the battery SOC, when the motor is on/off, wheel speed and the current motor power (in percentage, relative to max configured value):
[youtube]q0N5W3Fgyjk[/youtube]

Here is the schematic that I think will work.

The display current usage maybe something like 0.7mA when turned off by a specific command. In total, I think this hardware can get about 1mA current usage when the system is turned off (0.2mA for the NRF52 and 0.5mA for the display).

I was thinking on the firmware and because I have very little free time, I hope to implement the TSDZ2 wireless controller with wired remote + the SW102 display firmware (but without the configurations on the display, they will only be done on the mobile phone app - sure is possible to do the configurations on the display, but is not a priority for one first working version).

frenchie said:
hi, I've got a cheap ST Link but the connectors are labelled DTR, TXD, RXD etc
can someone please confirm
SWDIO=TXD
SWCLK=DTR
cheers
Almost for sure is not a STLINK but a USB UART converter.

casainho said:
ok interesting thanks, it shows up as 'Silicon Labs CP210x UART Bridge'
do I need to buy a proper 'ST link' or can I get away with something extra to go with what I've got?
cheers

frenchie said:
casainho said:
ok interesting thanks, it shows up as 'Silicon Labs CP210x UART Bridge'
do I need to buy a proper 'ST link' or can I get away with something extra to go with what I've got?
cheers
I would buy the correct one.

Back