Nanjing far driver controllers

We have about 3 hours on the 530 and so far everything is going really well.
Saying that, it’s only operating at a bit over half capacity, so I would hope there are no problems.
It’s set to 160/300a from its max of 330/530A.
Heat sink with my crude measurement technique only got 5 -10 degrees C above ambient.

Still don’t know what I’m going to do with the bricked 360.
The App does have a ‘FLASH’ function. But I am unable to get the Filmware out of far-driver.
I may pay the $100usd they offered for a replacement and then tear it open to have a look at the internals.

DogDipstick said:
I am building a battery for the 800A model right now. I'll let ya know how it goes.

I am thinking about buying that one. 1800A phase sounds fun.

Any update on this controller? I’m considering buying one and it seems like most of the reviews are positive, would love to hear your feedback!

Eastwood said:
DogDipstick said:
I am building a battery for the 800A model right now. I'll let ya know how it goes.

I am thinking about buying that one. 1800A phase sounds fun.

Any update on this controller? I’m considering buying one and it seems like most of the reviews are positive, would love to hear your feedback!

NO. Last battery I built for this guy took 6 months.. for I am a very busy person at the moment. I will update. I was think ing about buying one soon though. I had a chance to buy a Nuclear but he wanted more than my 800$ offer so I am taking that money and buying something else.

I got a couple of ND72330 rated @ 150A and I would say they work quite well - Very easy to configure. They provide an auto-learn features to accelerate the initial process. So far so good. For the price (approx. 150 euro/each) it's a fair product.

Need more time to say how it goes in long term

BigBlock said:
I got a couple of ND72330 rated @ 150A and I would say they work quite well - Very easy to configure. They provide an auto-learn features to accelerate the initial process. So far so good. For the price (approx. 150 euro/each) it's a fair product.
Interesting. Do you use the phone app or the computer program?
No problems setting up the motor temp sensors?
It seems to only have fixed regen right?

I used the mobile app that looks to have all configs available. The PC software is only partially transalted in english....
Standard NTC temp sensor, no problem. The wiring harness provides typical plugs for this kind of controller (low brake, high brake, key, 3-speeds, cruise and even a sound allarm output).

I've not yet tested the regen brake yet.

Are anyone running this controller successfully on a qs138? Im currently running a votol 72150, but am honestly tired of figuring out of all the bugs and different versions of software and firmware. Currently it is running OK, but looses sync above 4500rpm, and lacks some low end grunt... Is this any better to set up? Eg, does the parameters do what they are are supposed to do according to manual and name? That would be a fantastic upgrade over the votol!

Hello everyone. I am planning to buy fardriver controller nd96530. I got qs 205 v3 55H 4000 watt motor. My motor laced into 18 inch wheel. I am planning to reach 130 km/h top speed. My battery max voltage will be 116 volts. What do you think about my setup? By the way, seller told me that flux weakening feature helps me to increase top speed. Is flux weakening really works on this controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bilkenter said:
Hello everyone. I am planning to buy fardriver controller nd96530. I got qs 205 v3 55H 4000 watt motor. My motor laced into 18 inch wheel. I am planning to reach 130 km/h top speed. My battery max voltage will be 116 volts. What do you think about my setup? By the way, seller told me that flux weakening feature helps me to increase top speed. Is flux weakening really works on this controller?

Yes, far driver controller can work with flux weakening.
The setting also related with the RPM of the motor.

You can tell your detail requirement that before shipping we can do the setting for you.

Up to which voltage does regen braking work with the 72800 / 72850 Modell and with the 96850.

My Sabvoton 72150 with max 95v does regen only up to 85v.
I do not want to buy a controller with which regen works only with lower voltage. I have a 21S battery.

This lowering of the activation of regen is to protect the controller from voltage spikes that can damage it. It's reasonable that this restriction exists at voltages close to the component rating.

larsb said:
This lowering of the activation of regen is to protect the controller from voltage spikes that can damage it. It's reasonable that this restriction exists at voltages close to the component rating.
He is completely right. Generally %10 voltage spikes could happen so controller supplier arrange max voltage according to that.

If this is really needed than the ND72XXX range will not be enough for my 21S battery when regen starts at approximatly 80V.

I ordered the ND96850.

dominik h said:
If this is really needed than the ND72XXX range will not be enough for my 21S battery when regen starts at approximatly 80V.

I ordered the ND96850.

The 72x is rated for 88 max so I guess it's safe to say that regen would work with 21S right off the charger. The 96x was superfluous imo.

QSMOTOR said:
bilkenter said:

Yes, far driver controller can work with flux weakening.
The setting also related with the RPM of the motor.

You can tell your detail requirement that before shipping we can do the setting for you.

I have a 138 90H I am not sure which controller to buy the Votol em260 or the Far driver 72850. What is your opinion which one would be the better controller? I'm particularly interested in the flux weakening function. I had a sabvoton 72200 but it was very bad because it didnt have a high enough rpm. As far as I know the no load speed for the 138 90H is 6500 with the Votol at 72volts. Can the far driver do this? Can it reach the same rpm as the votol? Can you match it perfectly for the 138 90H so I get the 6500 no load RPM?

Thank you!

dominik h said:
My Sabvoton 72150 with max 95v does regen only up to 85v.
Superflous was to kill a new SVMC 72260 and a new 72150 with no load on the main stand with activated flux weakening.
The SVMC 72260 is rated with max Volt 90 and the 72150 with 95V. Regen on the 72150 starts below 84V.
For me more max volts on the controller side means more safety while playing with parameters.
And I have a few cells left to raise the battery voltage. :wink:

I have ND72530 controller, does anyone know anything about UART serial protocol used in this controller,
I want to read UART data and convert to CANBUS messages.Listening on UART port with 19200bps connected PC I am receiving AT+PASS=35271949 message continuously.

Hello guys,

I bought a fardriver 72530 and QS138v3 but I have a lot of problems setting it up. When powering the controller it says temps sensor and a throttle error.
When I set the temp to O and do the Auto Learn the beeping stops. But then the real problems begin. There is almost no power.. First the rpm rises to 4000 and goes back to 490. And then its stuck on 490 rpms. When I try to change anything the Ratio in Speed settings go to 1% on every setting. And I can’t change it back to what it was.. I really have no idea what going on. A little help would be appreciated! 🙏🏼

Regards,
Mike

Attachments

• 54030454-3592-48ED-ADFF-62DBC098BBA9.png
    54030454-3592-48ED-ADFF-62DBC098BBA9.png
    607.6 KB · Views: 2,460
  • 67E87A7E-BEC1-40B4-BFC9-869253BE4082.png
    67E87A7E-BEC1-40B4-BFC9-869253BE4082.png
    701.1 KB · Views: 2,461
  • 6EA4CF1E-ADBC-4559-8154-35D401A034B7.png
    6EA4CF1E-ADBC-4559-8154-35D401A034B7.png
    609.3 KB · Views: 2,455
  • 6A29DAF9-1191-4A5C-B80A-F2F4265C603D.png
    6A29DAF9-1191-4A5C-B80A-F2F4265C603D.png
    588.1 KB · Views: 2,457
Hi! Firstly go to ratio speed and put 100%, 99%, 98% etc, then without saving this parameters, do the Auto Leaning. You will see that autolearning on this way will accelerate foward and them reverse. Finishing the auto learning, turn off and turn on your scooter. Now set again the Ratio Speed parameters and then save. On mine scooter with ND72330 works well on this way. Hope it helps you

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

MMD said:
Hello guys,

I bought a fardriver 72530 and QS138v3 but I have a lot of problems setting it up. When powering the controller it says temps sensor and a throttle error.
When I set the temp to O and do the Auto Learn the beeping stops. But then the real problems begin. There is almost no power.. First the rpm rises to 4000 and goes back to 490. And then its stuck on 490 rpms. When I try to change anything the Ratio in Speed settings go to 1% on every setting. And I can’t change it back to what it was.. I really have no idea what going on. A little help would be appreciated! 🙏🏼

Regards,
Mike

I am pretty sure the qs138 v3 has 5 pole pairs you have 4 pairs entered. And also maybe change your rated speed to 4000RPM.

Here is the screenshot of all ND96530 params QS/Saecosys did setup for my QS138 V3:
With software provided: Android V137; PC V38(English)
Tested on the bench @ no load, all good. Battery current can be set up to 330A

Attachments

• FarDriver ND96530 Params.jpg
    FarDriver ND96530 Params.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 2,409
Thanks for responding to my post guys I really appreciate! I know the QS138v3 is a 5 pole pair motor but for some reason I can’t get it on 5 after auto learning. It won’t save anything. Thank you for screenshots. My menu seem way different then yours is that on pc? Maybe I should give that a try?

QS preprogrammed this settings for me for the same motor as yours and it run smooth and accelerates pretty fast at no load at least. So you should definitely give it a try.
It is 4 poles in the settings. I do not have a clue why, but that is the way it was set up and it works.
Also battery current limit setting works pretty well even at low values like 10A, so you will not damage anything.

Back