E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Theodore Voltaire said:
If someone figures out a way to hook the regen to a brake lever where it modulates just like the brake does now, that might be useful.
I did this on my Fighter. With an Adaptto controller, which accepts a variable voltage input for regen, I added a variable voltage hall sensor to my brake lever body, then magnets to the brake lever. It used the dead zone before the pads would engage the rotor.

I managed to 'tune' it so precisely you could not tell where the regen ended and the physical brakes started.

While Adaptto is no more, I'm pretty sure Nucular can also do this, and I vaguely recall seeing some Ebike specific brake levers a while back that had this function properly integrated, but from memory they were very expensive. I think you can also do similar using an intercept on the brake lines.
I kind of do this currently with my LMX64 using switches that are run in-line on the hydraulic lines. These don't do variable voltage though so only cut the motor.
Anyway...point is, it is possible....just has a bunch of effort tied to getting it to work.

Cheers

51544643943_4c10c16239_c.jpg

From the sun to power lines to my bike???? See its a damn Metaphor??!!! Subtle...

Cowardlyduck said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
If someone figures out a way to hook the regen to a brake lever where it modulates just like the brake does now, that might be useful.
I did this on my Fighter. With an Adaptto controller, which accepts a variable voltage input for regen, I added a variable voltage hall sensor to my brake lever body, then magnets to the brake lever. It used the dead zone before the pads would engage the rotor.

I managed to 'tune' it so precisely you could not tell where the regen ended and the physical brakes started.

While Adaptto is no more, I'm pretty sure Nucular can also do this, and I vaguely recall seeing some Ebike specific brake levers a while back that had this function properly integrated, but from memory they were very expensive. I think you can also do similar using an intercept on the brake lines.
I kind of do this currently with my LMX64 using switches that are run in-line on the hydraulic lines. These don't do variable voltage though so only cut the motor.
Anyway...point is, it is possible....just has a bunch of effort tied to getting it to work.

Cheers

I really like my two-way throttle and very easy to install. Only downside I think is you need to run a bit lower voltage to the esc due to voltage spikes.

Surprised to see so many people running a hub with a mid drive as well.

Cowardlyduck said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Cheers

In the future this will probably become common, but manufacturers will need to put a little more effort making better torque arms.

Here's a comparison between Shimano J02A brake pads for 2 piston calipers, and H03A pads for 4 piston calipers. The H03A have larger pads, and the hole for the lock pin is closer to the pad.

I'm sold on Shimano brakes. I recommend the XT BR-M8020 4 piston calipers for our bikes. They're high quality, powerful, easy to bleed, and quiet, plus they have adjustable levers. I want to emphasize how quiet they are, especially after installing floating rotors. I fought with brake noise for years with the stock Magura's. Looking back, in comparison to what I have now, stock MT2's are junk. MT5 are a big improvement, but they're still noisy bitches, with no lever adjustment.

20211102_113014.jpg

...it's been a while since I was on here. Wondering what people are doing with the first gen Bomber for side stand/ kick stand solutions, thanks. Mine is Bomber #366.

Allex said:
With a good controller you can configure the power of regen, and with adequate force of the regen you rarley need to use the pads during the paved tours, but now, your rear wheel will wear out faster.

In fact, I still have the brake pads you mounted.

In terms of tires, how are we doing?
Here in the EU you can no longer find Duro 24X3 and asking for a quote from the Stealth Europe importer for 2 tires they cost me more than the tires of my Honda VTR 1000! 🤬

Are Duro 24X3 still available in the USA?

For now I'm going to try a Maxxis Minion DHF 24X2.40
For now I have only mounted the tire on the front rim while I am waiting for the arrival of an inner tube to also mount the rear MC tire.
I measured the total diameter which is 630mm and the width 56.5mm
The Duro Halo Contra 24X3.0 has a diameter of 650mm and a width of 70mm
I don't like the look of a smaller front tyre. What's your thoughts?
20211102_222345.jpg
20211103_201310.jpg
20211103_201705.jpg

Edit: I must have smoked something good! Too bad I don't smoke. :shock: :shock: The diameter of the Minion DHF 24X2.40 is 630mm

Bexxer said:
...it's been a while since I was on here. Wondering what people are doing with the first gen Bomber for side stand/ kick stand solutions, thanks. Mine is Bomber #366.

I've been happy with this side stand for years. It's a Moose Racing, Honda CR80 clamp on stand. It's not a direct bold on but only requires minor modifications.

side stand.JPG

kick stand Bomber.jpg

side stand moose racing.jpg

Big bore,
Same thing over here. The only place to get them is stealth. The 24" MTB tire is basically dead so the minion is one of the few ones that will fit.

1abv said:
Big bore,
Same thing over here. The only place to get them is stealth. The 24" MTB tire is basically dead so the minion is one of the few ones that will fit.

Do you alredy have Maxxis Minion DHF 24X2.40 on your front Bomber wheel?
How does it work?

1abv said:
Have you looked at this?

tech@stealthelectricbikes.com

Just a quick follow up...

@1abv - Thanks again for the link. As it turns out the Stealth Dealership that I was going through up in New York was Full of $@#*. I contacted Stealth directly through the email that you sent me and they were very responsive to every email that I sent.

The dealership said that Stealth was not getting back to them and the DC-1's were on backorder, etc.. none of that was true. They had them in stock, I worked with Luke over at Stealth and he was able to ship one out and provide a tracking number. And the cost was $85 cheaper too... The DC-1 is supposed to get here next Friday..

As a side note, I'm also on the pre-order list for Nuc 24F controller as well... but that about 6 months out...

Guys, thanks again..!! - Hopefully this resolves all the issues...

bigbore said:
Allex said:
With a good controller you can configure the power of regen, and with adequate force of the regen you rarley need to use the pads during the paved tours, but now, your rear wheel will wear out faster.

In fact, I still have the brake pads you mounted.

In terms of tires, how are we doing?
Here in the EU you can no longer find Duro 24X3 and asking for a quote from the Stealth Europe importer for 2 tires they cost me more than the tires of my Honda VTR 1000! 🤬

Are Duro 24X3 still available in the USA?

For now I'm going to try a Maxxis Minion DHF 24X2.40
For now I have only mounted the tire on the front rim while I am waiting for the arrival of an inner tube to also mount the rear MC tire.
I measured the total diameter which is 630mm and the width 56.5mm
The Duro Halo Contra 24X3.0 has a diameter of 650mm and a width of 70mm
I don't like the look of a smaller front tyre. What's your thoughts?
20211102_222345.jpg
20211103_201310.jpg
20211103_201705.jpg

Edit: I must have smoked something good! Too bad I don't smoke. :shock: :shock: The diameter of the Minion DHF 24X2.40 is 630mm
I ran the Minion on Bomber 143 back in 2012, they worked great, but I pinch flatted them fairly easily.

51544399396_c290131803_c.jpg

51545328605_46e4ee37d3_c.jpg

51544399571_f117a80712_c.jpg

51545130039_b0e076f1ab_c.jpg

Sandy hills can suck a giant fing sack... Notice there are zero tire tracks... FAAAKKKK SAND!!! Holy overheating batman...

Cowardlyduck said:
Careful on the sand...if you look way back in this thread to the very end of 2011 you will see when I burnt out my stock Fighter motor riding on sand. Stealth replaced it under warranty, then advised warranty no longer covers riding in sand.

Cheers

100 percent agree! Sand sux big time. its no fun to ride in with out higher horsepower levels. Our bikes simply do not have the torque to ride in what I went up. That was an exercise in pushing...and cooling down... mostly me :) Thankfully it didn't last long... and I will not be hitting that trail again.. I don't know about you guys but I do most of my scouting via google earth and in this occasion google was very mean to me...vengeance google....vengeance.

51545328680_05fcac9936_c.jpg

Tats said:
Interesting teaser email today spruiking new 2022 bikes and a hookup with c-creative from San Marino…watch this space

Yes,

STEALTH IS RENEWING AND EXPANDING ITS RANGE OF E-BIKES

Excited to see what they have up their sleeves

Prepare for your next adventure with a new range of products dedicated to light-independent urban mobility and off road adventure

Sounds right up my alley.

Alrighty... Lookie at what came in today finally..!! - any for the record, it was no fault of Stealth for the extended delay getting the part shipped out. The issue was the toolbag dealership in New York, giving me a bunch of BS about Stealth Support. I was dealing with Luke over there and he has been nothing but responsive, communitive, and professional. However, I will NOT be doing any further business with the dealer in New York.. :evil:

Resize%20100.jpg

All kidding aside, its been over a year since the bike has been out on the road. Its nothing fancy like 1abv's photos, but its a start. And just in case you ask, No.. I'm not about going to same way as everyone else...!! :lol:

Resize%20101.jpg

Thanks to everyone that helped me with their advice, it was very much appreciated!! More pictures to come..

StudRock said:
Alrighty... Lookie at what came in today finally..!! - any for the record, it was no fault of Stealth for the extended delay getting the part shipped out. The issue was the toolbag dealership in New York, giving me a bunch of BS about Stealth Support. I was dealing with Luke over there and he has been nothing but responsive, communitive, and professional. However, I will NOT be doing any further business with the dealer in New York.. :evil:

Resize%20100.jpg

All kidding aside, its been over a year since the bike has been out on the road. Its nothing fancy like 1abv's photos, but its a start. And just in case you ask, No.. I'm not about going to same way as everyone else...!! :lol:

Resize%20101.jpg

Thanks to everyone that helped me with their advice, it was very much appreciated!! More pictures to come..

Glad you got your bike running again. I'm sure that's a relief

Orange!!!!! look at that beast! Glad you got it rollin! That dc1 is tiny!
BTW I have a question for all of you with newer bombers such as studrock Do you have a fuse or breaker in the system? Or does stealth not have one?

Thanks!

51544644518_a476b03d39_c.jpg

Back