N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Ham said:
Hi All,

quick question regarding dimensions if I may:

The 5p 21700 module is listed as 119.4 tall. Is that the full length including terminals or just the length of the housing?

Thanks

Its for housing only. I have different screws to go with it so it made more sense to list them separately. Check here: https://18650.lt/index.php/resources/

Has anyone had experience with the 21700 NESE modules fitted with Samsung 50E ? I don't have a dial caliper to measure mine, but I suspect they're just slightly too long to fit without damaging the module and cover. I suppose it's possible that my cells are fakes, but the wrapper and positive end look identical to every picture I've seen of them.

just thinking...
are there any restrictions (other than difficulty of access and the need to ensure safety from shorting onto the frame, etc) to building a pack in stages within the confines of the frame? One of the big constraints of the Phasor is the limited access size and shape. I realise zip tying the pack together and wiring up the bms may be difficult.

phasor.jpg

Batteries are consumables

need regular inspection testing maintenance.

Ideally you can easily remove and replace as needed.

If you built a pack that fit with protective padding / shell, sliding sideways into that triangular cutout, then dropping down to get fixed in place, looks like there would then be room to fit and attach electronics in the protected space above the pack

spuzzete said:
agniusm said:
Thank you for the photos.
0.3mm probably shaved off a lot of printing time :)
If it works, its all good
p.s. i love the machine, like its built on wood board, reused PC PSU and still gets job done. I love the philosophy of reuse, repurpose, rebuild

No worries :D .

Yes, at 0.3mm it saves time. It took about 2.5hrs for the base and 1.5hrs for the lid. I used my own settings mainly because they're optimized for PETG (almost no stringing). My printer is very "primitive" compared to the newer ones but hey, it works well enough for my needs, I don't need to buy a new one yet 8)

Damn I was hoping that I could print off the parts faster than that because the Toronto Public Library limits the use of their 3d printers to 2hr time slots only.

What is the cheapest 3d printer I wonder...

TorontoBuilder said:
Damn I was hoping that I could print off the parts faster than that because the Toronto Public Library limits the use of their 3d printers to 2hr time slots only.

Ender 3 v2 is probably your best bet. They are so cheap and you probably could pick one up locally

agniusm said:
TorontoBuilder said:

Ender 3 v2 is probably your best bet. They are so cheap and you probably could pick one up locally

Thank you very much sir. I checked out the Creality products pricing yesterday. Not only do I think I can afford an Ender 3 Max, I may have space in the house for one... if I sell something else to make room.

I know I have a number of parts I'd far prefer to 3D print rather than manually machine in the shop, and I really want to use your 26650 modules since I am nervous to have my wife use anything other than LFP cells.

TorontoBuilder said:
agniusm said:
TorontoBuilder said:

Thank you very much sir. I checked out the Creality products pricing yesterday. Not only do I think I can afford an Ender 3 Max, I may have space in the house for one... if I sell something else to make room.

I know I have a number of parts I'd far prefer to 3D print rather than manually machine in the shop, and I really want to use your 26650 modules since I am nervous to have my wife use anything other than LFP cells.

If you are not intending to print large parts, stick with a smaller printer. Leveling large bed is a big task and it warps more plus it heats up slower. Bigger is not always better

This printer is only $200 free shipping most the time I see it for $300 .
CREALITY Ender 3 Ender 3 Max Ende 3V2 3D Printer 220X220X250mm 1.75mm PLA US
$199.99/eaFree Shipping
Est. Delivery Fri, Sep 10 - Tue, Sep 14
Is this real ?

999zip999 said:
This printer is only $200 free shipping most the time I see it for $300 .
CREALITY Ender 3 Ender 3 Max Ende 3V2 3D Printer 220X220X250mm 1.75mm PLA US
$199.99/eaFree Shipping
Est. Delivery Fri, Sep 10 - Tue, Sep 14
Is this real ?

Sounds real to me. I picked one up from ads, basically new for 140€.

New filament is out. This is good news. The material is called Nonoilen from Fillamentum. This material is biodegradable, degrades 3x faster than usual PLA, prints same as PLA and is capable of temperatures up to 120C plus is food and dishwasher safe. I have ordered a roll to test it out on NESE modules. Using this, NESE modules would be 100% recyclable.
nonoilen.jpg

[youtube]qB3tgEEDTyc[/youtube]

agniusm said:
New filament is out. This is good news. The material is called Nonoilen from Fillamentum. This material is biodegradable, degrades 3x faster than usual PLA, prints same as PLA and is capable of temperatures up to 120C plus is food and dishwasher safe. I have ordered a roll to test it out on NESE modules. Using this, NESE modules would be 100% recyclable.

[youtube]qB3tgEEDTyc[/youtube]
Sounds interesting, what is the degradation rate of it? How long would your modules last before losing strength and needing to be replaced?

I ask because the beauty of your system is they can be recycled and reconfigured easily. So why would you want to dispose of them in any hurry? Plus you should be able to recycle PLA right?

cheers
Tyler

tylerwatts said:
Sounds interesting, what is the degradation rate of it? How long would your modules last before losing strength and needing to be replaced?

I ask because the beauty of your system is they can be recycled and reconfigured easily. So why would you want to dispose of them in any hurry? Plus you should be able to recycle PLA right?

cheers
Tyler

I think its same as wood. It could last forever but put it into composter and it will be gone in a year or 2.
Fillamentum states that it decomposes in a year in soil, 90 days in home composter.
It will last if its enclosed but at the same time decompose if its thrown away. It does not produce microparticles when decomposing.

Prototyping 12V 7A VRLA replacement with lifepo4. Fully integrated with no wires. Looks promising. 2000 cycles vs 200. 20A continues. For UPS battery replacements.

20211001_144514~2.jpg

john61ct said:
Do you mean within the single module?

Or just series connecting modules together?

I see you post a lot, over 7 posts a day and share your expertise a lot.
Would you care to link me to some of your whatever builds you documented on ES?

agniusm said:
Would you care to link me to some of your whatever builds you documented on ES?
Hmmm suddenly very quiet...

Finished my demo 12v LiFePO4 battery. This is for UPS battery replacement.
Smaller and with couple thousand cycles.
Posting just to show how one can utilise pcb's with my modules to integrate bms systems.

b9df36d0a25a6166c7d9c7b371ef4d39f2cc5add.jpeg

1a0f7ce3c694f7c999947145a6cd2e1e47c9576d.jpeg

e4753bc865ff6b00166638504d769c928708087b.jpeg

This is brilliant.

I have also seen children's plastic riding vehicles that typically use two SLA batteries (of this size) in series for 24V, which is easily swapped for 7S Li-Ion.

I believe there is also a market for 5S Li-Ion as a run-time extender for 18V cordless tools.

Back