Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Tats said:
Been busy - here’s where I am so far….

DD2DD22F-DACC-4217-A443-7BDD6E040D39.jpeg

Em3ev battery fits in but needs access to the BMS switch. Solution, use a kayak/drain plug in the side panel, remove the bung and finger hits the switch perfectly.

Howitzer bb from seller in Ukraine with holzfeller cranks from Canada, magura storm hc rotors from Netherlands, magura mt trail due to arrive in post today from Germany. Boxxer steerer replaced, serviced and new 2010 World Cup stickers from Hungary.

50t 104bcd with dnp 7 speed and archer components dx1 and a sram gx 10 speed clutched derailleur. This is a pavement cruiser build No gear cabling through the frame going this way.

Dnm burner rc2 in for now as the fox dhx rc4 is just too stiff with a 550lbs spring.

Things to do - fit brakes and tripwires. Tidy up wiring, torque everything and try her out.
Came out nice Tats, The travel/pivot ratio on the Futr Alpha is different then the Bomber. I need an 800# plus spring on the Bomber, 550 was perfect for me, at a body weight of 240# (about 110kg)

Finished my build the other day. Stupid quick and actually will be selling!.
Build specs below
Stealth FUTR frame
QS205 motor laced into 24" wheels
20s8p battery- with 150a BMS- 21700 molicel p42A cells, well and truly handle anything.
Sabvoton 72200 controller- completely programmable, usb included. UKC interface
Bos Idylle 200mm forks- integrated stem
Fox DHX 3.0 rear shock
Sram RE 4 piston brakes/ rotors.
Specialized big rollers 24 x 2.8
Race face cranks, wellgo pedals

Attachments

• 20211016_161418.jpg
    20211016_161418.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,678
  • 20211117_193820.jpg
    20211117_193820.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,678
  • 20211117_193831.jpg
    20211117_193831.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,677
  • 20211117_193936.jpg
    20211117_193936.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1,678
Millzy555

Where did you get the 24inch MTX 39, wonder how wide tyre i could fit on Beta,

cheeko said:
Millzy555

Where did you get the 24inch MTX 39, wonder how wide tyre i could fit on Beta,

I am running that rim on my P7R with a 24x3.00 Razorback, there isn't much clearance to go much wider.

Thanx Rix.

Time to upgrade hub with lighting rods he has some nice new stuff motors etc.. just working out should I go 24,26 or 27.5. With mid its easy to change wheels too.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

cheeko said:
Thanx Rix.

Time to upgrade hub with lighting rods he has some nice new stuff motors etc.. just working out should I go 24,26 or 27.5. With mid its easy to change wheels too.

Got the biggest tire selection with the 27.5 wheel/rim. Being a ligthing rod mid drive, the bigger wheel can easily be off set by gearing selection. I say go big. :bigthumb:

Thanks Rix

What size tire could you fit on Beta.

Thanks again

cheeko said:
Thanks Rix

What size tire could you fit on Beta.

Thanks again

24x3.00 just barely fits. Maybe a 3.15 wide tire if its 24" or smaller and 2.75" wide for 26 and 27.5" rims.

That's a total huge BEAST BIKE!!! That's not under the radar! If you change the color scheme to zebra, using make-up to disguise it as a Bosch type ebike, and change the hub aluminium grey, and use forks that are less designed for 12ft drops, Then it will be a stealth ebike... it looks like a trail motorbike chimera.

zzoing said:
That's a total huge BEAST BIKE!!! That's not under the radar! If you change the color scheme to zebra, using make-up to disguise it as a Bosch type ebike, and change the hub aluminium grey, and use forks that are less designed for 12ft drops, Then it will be a stealth ebike... it looks like a trail motorbike chimera.
Stealth is the brand not to be confused with Stealth under radar Zebra looking bike..

Allex said:
Any one know where to get a good single crown fork that is non tapared for these frames? 1 1/8 is hard to come by!

You're not kidding, most of the manufacturers seem to have largely abandoned this geometry leaving few options. One of the better brand-new selection of 1 1/8 fork options today come from manufacturer RST as far as I could tell.

Probably doesn't help you, but here's an RST US vendor that I was going to use before I found out I could increase travel on my Rockshox Recon fork. At the time, I was looking for a good intermediate 120-130mm travel fork, and found that the RST Slope can be configured in 130mm travel.

Allex said:
Any one know where to get a good single crown fork that is non tapared for these frames? 1 1/8 is hard to come by!

Iv seen people put tapered fork on non tapered frame there is some mounts and youtube vids just search it. If anyone can do it will be you..

Peter

cheeko said:
Allex said:

Iv seen people put tapered fork on non tapered frame there is some mounts and youtube vids just search it. If anyone can do it will be you..

Peter

Its an adapter used on the bottom of the head tube, fork tube needs to be longer to work.

Finally (almost) finished.

Decided to mount phaserunner outside rather than inside the frame. It was in my view too hot to be that close to the battery. I could have risked it in a colder climate but not happy doing it with our 40+C summer days.

Had a problem with the boxxer steerer binding in the head, but sorted this out with a lower hope headset reducer sleeve thing. Shockwiz has helped get the fork psi right - running 60, like my p7r’s durolux at 46, this is much less than factory recommended.

Archer rear derailleur works great. Have a 9 speed rear freewheel to swap in place of the DNP 7 speed but I need a spacer for where it mounts to the crystalyte side case. I’ll put in a disk spacer on the rear brake rotor too when I’m in there.

A3D99778-B0FC-4916-9DB6-7631A2FF9905.jpeg

Tats said:

Decided to mount phaserunner outside rather than inside the frame. It was in my view too hot to be that close to the battery. I could have risked it in a colder climate but not happy doing it with our 40+C summer days.

Had a problem with the boxxer steerer binding in the head, but sorted this out with a lower hope headset reducer sleeve thing. Shockwiz has helped get the fork psi right - running 60, like my p7r’s durolux at 46, this is much less than factory recommended.

Archer rear derailleur works great. Have a 9 speed rear freewheel to swap in place of the DNP 7 speed but I need a spacer for where it mounts to the crystalyte side case. I’ll put in a disk spacer on the rear brake rotor too when I’m in there.

A3D99778-B0FC-4916-9DB6-7631A2FF9905.jpeg

Good looking build Tats, can you take a close up of the phase runner on the underside? My next Alpha build will most like have a phaserunner, when Grin gets them back in stock later this coming year. I was thinking of mounting it up a little higher than where you got it on your frame. Everything I am doing is in the idea phase at this time.

Tats said:

Decided to mount phaserunner outside rather than inside the frame.

Nice build :thumb:
But why choose a Phaserunner when your motor can probably take a lot more amps?

The phaserunner has been re-used. Most of the parts were on my specialized demo 8 ii build and the phaserunner was a very nice form factor to fit into that frame.

It is a great little controller for my purposes given it’s totally silent, gives my enough amps when matched to my battery (35a at the moment with 90a phase) the em3ev 14s7p Samsung 33g cells. I was also trying to keep a bicycle look as much as I could and I think the size helps. This bike with pedalling can still get north of 65kmh with these components. The cables and connectors from grin are also very high quality.

There’s not much to see with the mounting, just some small m4 sized screws. I have a velcro wrap around the wires to make it a bit neater.

A9E436C3-BB9A-4178-8166-6D00AF2B12FF.jpeg

Rix said:
I was thinking of mounting it up a little higher than where you got it on your frame. Everything I am doing is in the idea phase at this time.

I think it’d be worth looking at mounting on the rear swing arm too. I didn’t want to modify my cable too much, and wanted to hide the controller inside. But I reckon it could be a very neat build if its possible. The battery and CA cable being the only two cables and one brake hose coming into the box section with the archer rear derailleur being wireless.

I looked at under the seat mount but not much airflow and the shock clearance takes space away.

Tats said:
The phaserunner has been re-used. Most of the parts were on my specialized demo 8 ii build and the phaserunner was a very nice form factor to fit into that frame.

It is a great little controller for my purposes given it’s totally silent, gives my enough amps when matched to my battery (35a at the moment with 90a phase) the em3ev 14s7p Samsung 33g cells. I was also trying to keep a bicycle look as much as I could and I think the size helps. This bike with pedalling can still get north of 65kmh with these components. The cables and connectors from grin are also very high quality.

There’s not much to see with the mounting, just some small m4 sized screws. I have a velcro wrap around the wires to make it a bit neater.

A9E436C3-BB9A-4178-8166-6D00AF2B12FF.jpeg

Perfect! thank you for posting the close up. Clean job.

I tried the seat triangle, can’t remember why I didn’t go with it tho. Might have been one of three…clearance requirements for the shock, cable routing and the lengths I had, or heat near sensitive parts….check out rear swing ar mount though as it could be neat.

Cowardlyduck said:
Ah, there is another option...I did it on my Alpha...
DSC_4493 (Small).JPG

This was a 60T chain ring...bit hard to find in this BCD pattern but they do exist and so do even larger ones if you really want.

As a comparison here it is against a 52T ring:
DSC_4248 (Small).JPG

In order to space it out from the frame enough to clear it I had to run a 3 ring setup with no derailleur. Shifting could still be done manually by hand if needed but most of the time it just stayed on the big ring.

I also helped it out with this 3D printed guide which just prevented it from jumping off when things got bumpy:
DSC_4926 (Small).JPG

I was able to pedal at up to 60kph with this setup. :)

Cheers

Do you know what bottom bracket I need to fit a 53t?

Back