166.1 KB · Views: 460
  • PHOTO-202 (6).jpg
    PHOTO-202 (6).jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 460
  • PHOTO-202 (7).jpg
    PHOTO-202 (7).jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 460
Rix,
Nice pics!! Did you go to the show? They mud guards look slick! from what I read its oil bath.

https://bikereview.com.au/updated-models-2022-stealth-electric-bike-range-eicma-2021/

Thanks for responses. Yeah, I'm completely new to the e-bike world, ridden motorcycles for decades though off-road, on-road.
Over the last year or so been obsessively reading and researching one thing I've come across was the difficulty some people have sourcing 24" wheels. This sounds like an issue for long term ownership? How/where are you guys getting yours? And the notorious V-Boxx, oh boy, if it breaks now. I'm getting cold sweats just thinking about it.

I Would definitely be looking into changing the controller in the future similar to the one EBMX had on showcase a little while back with the controller tucked into the frame with smaller LIPO batteries. Having such a critical component mounted outside and exposed to the elements in a vulnerable position especially for an off-road bike makes me wonder. Would it not receive sufficient cooling inside the frame whilst at the same time being somewhat protected?

[youtube]iyjICw1ay3A[/youtube]

I pretty underwhelmed by Stealth's new lineup. The only bike worth buying is the Bomber. Not one other model is noteworthy for the American market.

51581849919_002268101e_c.jpg

Well whelm this then TV!!!!!! Why? why do I do this? and yes to answer your question it was really that steep and cliff edge. I was making a trail that from the bottom looked great.... well when I rode down it not so much.. Its not the height that gets you... its the slamming on to the rocks below at speed... that smarts a bit.....

Note the revised location of the shock resi and no resi line going outside the frame... I have been working w racetech to get it perfect.. its back with them right now until its perfectly dialed in... Ive been doing some spring rate and valving adjustments to get it perfect.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I pretty underwhelmed by Stealth's new lineup. The only bike worth buying is the Bomber. Not one other model is noteworthy for the American market.

I don't know TV, I really like the Fighter and new version of the H52. I could own anyone of those bikes and be a happy camper. Except maybe in the Dallas Fort Worth area, where you are only allowed to ride the Bomber on pavement, :? :lol:

AAAAQQQ said:
Thanks for responses. Yeah, I'm completely new to the e-bike world, ridden motorcycles for decades though off-road, on-road.
Over the last year or so been obsessively reading and researching one thing I've come across was the difficulty some people have sourcing 24" wheels. This sounds like an issue for long term ownership? How/where are you guys getting yours? And the notorious V-Boxx, oh boy, if it breaks now. I'm getting cold sweats just thinking about it.

I Would definitely be looking into changing the controller in the future similar to the one EBMX had on showcase a little while back with the controller tucked into the frame with smaller LIPO batteries. Having such a critical component mounted outside and exposed to the elements in a vulnerable position especially for an off-road bike makes me wonder. Would it not receive sufficient cooling inside the frame whilst at the same time being somewhat protected?

[yo

You are right to be concerned about the Vboxx, they don't make them anymore. The guys on this thread having issues with theirs are making the replacement parts themselves. The new tranny boxx stealth is making will be very very durable and repairable. A lot of thought went in to it, and it won't have the same failure issues the old Vboxx did. As far as LIPO conversions go, thats really only beneficial for smaller batteries with a super high discharge C rating. But yah, lipos are still king for discharge performance. 18650 cells and newerish 20700 cells are good for 10C bursts and over 3C continues all day long. And much more user friendly chemistry.

1abv said:

Well whelm this then TV!!!!!! Why? why do I do this? and yes to answer your question it was really that steep and cliff edge. I was making a trail that from the bottom looked great.... well when I rode down it not so much.. Its not the height that gets you... its the slamming on to the rocks below at speed... that smarts a bit.....

Note the revised location of the shock resi and no resi line going outside the frame... I have been working w racetech to get it perfect.. its back with them right now until its perfectly dialed in... Ive been doing some spring rate and valving adjustments to get it perfect.

I ran racetech suspension on my CR250 back in the day. Good solid stuff, and always an improvement over stalk OEM. Thats really cool you got something going with them for Bomber R&D. When you can, post a closey of the shock setup.

All Stealth bikes are good bikes, but none of them come close to being as famous as a Bomber for good reason. The reason is because even to this day a Bomber is one of the best electric street bicycles in history, all things considered. For off road riding you can't really say that, but of course if you're an off road hammer, the whole world is a nail. :confused: I'm glad we got that settled. :D

I will say the one good thing I see Stealth doing that looks promising is, they appear to have discovered there's a street out there, and people like to ride on it. I wonder who gave them that idea? :D

Theodore Voltaire said:
All Stealth bikes are good bikes, but none of them come close to being as famous as a Bomber for good reason.

By "Bomber", do you mean a Sondors fatbike? Because I remember when you could find no fault with Sondors. If you've switched tracks, does that mean Stealth is the new Sondors?

Just curious.

Rix said:
1abv said:

I ran racetech suspension on my CR250 back in the day. Good solid stuff, and always an improvement over stalk OEM. Thats really cool you got something going with them for Bomber R&D. When you can, post a closey of the shock setup.
Will Do! im getting it back in the next day or so.
Oh many a thing are up in the skunkworks.... many a thing,, More to come soon....

Chalo said:
By "Bomber", do you mean a Sondors fatbike? Because I remember when you could find no fault with Sondors. If you've switched tracks, does that mean Stealth is the new Sondors?

Just curious.

I don't know what your point is, but without knowing it, you ask a good question. Considering the new models Stealth is coming out with, some of them might be considered a direct competitor to Storm. Instead of trying to make a better mouse trap that's the same as a thousand other company's, Storm included, Stealth should have used the resources they put into developing new models, and concentrated on a dedicated Bomber street bike line. Go back in this thread to 2013, and you'll find I've been saying this basically the whole time, so in answer to your question, no, I haven't switched tracks at all.

Chalo said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
All Stealth bikes are good bikes, but none of them come close to being as famous as a Bomber for good reason.

Just curious.
Chalo is back to being himself :bigthumb: Back in the old days, Stealth didn't call their models the same as now, B52, H52, F37, P7R, and so on. The names evolved, the Bomber is the forefather of the B52, Hurricane is now the H52, Fighter is now F37 and P7/R originally was something else, I forgot what it was. I suspect you know this, but was just clarifying for others (new thread members).

Mmmm Racetech custom built shock. Yes fellas that is all billet. Simply put the best shock that has ever been on a bomber. It’s ok if you disagree with me your wrong. :) Custom sprung and valved for my weight and riding style. Jeff and the team over there are amazing. It’s The little things that rock.. 360 degree rotating banjo for the resi, custom made lines so it’s all contained in the seat bracket. High and low speed compression.
Custom wound and powder coated spring. Tha shit!
No more getting beat up and compromised by that turd DNM. A great useable range for compression and rebound. While the revalved and resprung and properly charged w nitrogen DNM was way better than stock DNM, it simply does not compare to a real shock custom made for the rider. Yes it costs a lot. No more donkey kicking. No more compensating on downhills for a shit shock. night and day difference. If you ride off-road aggressive you need to get this.

Attachments

• B9EE18FB-95C2-41A0-8801-DA33B9BA08BD.jpeg
    B9EE18FB-95C2-41A0-8801-DA33B9BA08BD.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 516
  • 3A1EAACE-635B-409D-936D-2EB10D18826C.jpeg
    3A1EAACE-635B-409D-936D-2EB10D18826C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 516
  • 5DF0FCEB-F793-4125-AA96-D41C6F7E90E4.jpeg
    5DF0FCEB-F793-4125-AA96-D41C6F7E90E4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 516
  • 42D85C20-7EA3-472C-A951-C21D0332A48A.jpeg
    42D85C20-7EA3-472C-A951-C21D0332A48A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 516
I got to drive the Cobra tonight. My son wanted to make some vids of the Cobra driving around, so he got me to drive it while he filmed from his girlfriends car. It's the fastest car I've ever driven. Off the line it just seems fast. After that it feels like it takes about 1/2 second for the super charger to go nuclear, and then it gets crazy fast. With it's automatic transmission it's very easy to drive, but without it's heavy duty traction control it would be practically undrivable.

20211204_164016.jpg

1abv said:
Mmmm Racetech custom built shock. Yes fellas that is all billet. Simply put the best shock that has ever been on a bomber. It’s ok if you disagree with me your wrong. :) Custom sprung and valved for my weight and riding style. Jeff and the team over there are amazing. It’s The little things that rock.. 360 degree rotating banjo for the resi, custom made lines so it’s all contained in the seat bracket. High and low speed compression.
No more getting beat up and compromised by that turd DNM. A great useable range for compression and rebound. While the revalved and resprung and properly charged w nitrogen DNM was way better than stock DNM, it simply does not compare to a real shock custom made for the rider. Yes it costs a lot. No more donkey kicking. No more compensating on downhills for a shit shock. night and day difference. If you ride off-road aggressive you need to get this.

:bigthumb:
Would it be possible to attach the reservoir to the top of the shock in the same way as DNM?
Can you tell me the price I would need to pay for a baby like that?🤩🤩
On another note I almost ready to show you my V-boxx output shaft gear made out of Titanium.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I got to drive the Cobra tonight. My son wanted to make some vids of the Cobra driving around, so he got me to drive it while he filmed from his girlfriends car. It's the fastest car I've ever driven. Off the line it just seems fast. After that it feels like it takes about 1/2 second for the super charger to go nuclear, and then it gets crazy fast. With it's automatic transmission it's very easy to drive, but without it's heavy duty traction control it would be practically undrivable.

Tv...When he's done with the editing, you'll have to share the link to the video.. I'd love to see it. I think we have a lot in common. Here is my Terminator SVT Cobra. I think I may have posted some pictures up before. The Terminators are a limited edition model. YES..!! I can relate with the boost set high for sure. In these types of cars I prefer a true manual though, but it gets there quick... As you can see, I have a lot of hours into this puppy..

Multi%201.jpg

7.JPG

Yeah StudRock, my son isn't wild about the auto trans either. I can see how it takes a lot of the fun out of driving, but when it comes to going fast humans would never be able to beat it. It's 2 clutch 7 speed shifts so fast you can barely feel it. They don't even offer Cobra's with a manual anymore. It has these little paddles on the steering wheel that allow you to pretend it's a manual, but I didn't try them. His Z06 parked next to it is the last year Vet's came with a manual. I was never into cars, but if they all drove like this I probably would be. I can see why his head is so big now. :D

He'll probably trade the Vet in for a new mid engine as soon as the Z06 model comes out. I told him to get a convertible, because it's the ultimate in decadence.

bigbore said:
1abv said:

:bigthumb:
Would it be possible to attach the reservoir to the top of the shock in the same way as DNM?
Can you tell me the price I would need to pay for a baby like that?🤩🤩
On another note I almost ready to show you my V-boxx output shaft gear made out of Titanium.

I’d like to know the answers to Bigbores questions as well!

Tom

Back