Batec speed controller?

all original I found the info after opening my motor and talking to some local E-Bike shops batec have unbranded components from Grin Tech

I opened my Batec motor had a look around it’s manufactured date is early 2015

Attachments

• C3DFBF8A-FEEF-4C42-BD06-3837864761CE.jpeg
    C3DFBF8A-FEEF-4C42-BD06-3837864761CE.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 687
  • D97B0001-C929-475F-BD55-D4F2E0C4A0F7.jpeg
    D97B0001-C929-475F-BD55-D4F2E0C4A0F7.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 687
  • 1A322A68-B7B1-4FE3-AFC7-767E6C74C4C5.jpeg
    1A322A68-B7B1-4FE3-AFC7-767E6C74C4C5.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 685
  • C66DC7A3-9513-4711-B869-E1751C852B06.jpeg
    C66DC7A3-9513-4711-B869-E1751C852B06.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 686
I was able to go through the menu settings listed for Ezee on my Batec Electric

Attachments

• 6BEA93C2-FF99-4B16-AF4C-8E4118FD735B.jpeg
    6BEA93C2-FF99-4B16-AF4C-8E4118FD735B.jpeg
    700.1 KB · Views: 676
Thank you for the pictures, especially the internals and overview/settings! They should be helpful for others that come along eventually needing info on their Batec systems.

That motor certainly looks like the old Ezee I have here on my brother's trike. :)

The controller/display I don't have experience with.

So glad this post is still going. Got my scrambler on it’s way to me now so this will be a massive help provided they haven’t changed anything with them hahaha

hi, first post, anyone know if you can bypass the speed limiter on the latest batec scrambler, i have been told by the supplier it is limited to 10 kph and can't be changed.
suppliers of other systems are telling me they can still do 30 kph, i am not interested in going 10k an hour but really liked the scrambler.
hoping someone can help.

MikkaCV said:
I’m new here but recently bought a second hand Batec Electric I’ve just found instructions on how to adjust speed. The motor and speed controller used is EZEE from GRIN technologies https://ebikes.ca/learn/documents.html you can download the guides. I haven’t tried anything yet but hopefully it works

Tried this with mine, but in the "speed limit" menu default setting was "no limit". I changed it to "25km/h" but then it was also limited to 20km/h. Any ideas? :)

Hi I thought I'd let you know I have a scrambler 2 I'm in New Zealand and for whatever reason they've dialed back the top speed to 25kmh. I'll follow some of the advice on here, take pictures and post updates

I also have the previous batec electric and that's unlimited to the factory 25kmh.

Well I looked inside the control housing, (scrambler 2) and sure enough it doesn't have the 3 blue pots of the Scrambler 1.
Apparently these things are tuned via a proprietary tuning module only available from batec themselves but I don't want to lose the extra 5kmh the product is sold on.
I've tried going through batec but they haven't replied.
Does anybody have thoughts on this?

Hope to keep bumping this Batec thread.

I'm looking to help my disabled friend who owns a Batec Scrambler 2 and would like to upgrade the battery capacity. The "ride" time is quite dismal, and has always been :lowbatt: , because he travels across a lot of inclined areas. Maybe looking to upgrade/conversion to the wheel and hub motor for more torque for steep inclines riding.

With the information shared by other users so far, and what we know, would such an upgrade also require additional electronics to get it to work? E.g. ESC and Display? The new Batec models seem to be quite locked down, so thats where my thinking is.

How about battery for a higher capacity and increased runtime. Any recommendations on existing battery packs we should use, while considering the wheel+motor upgrade? He's looking to be able to travel at least to 50km (30miles) in distance on one charge

I'm assuming the same tech going into Batec handwheels comes from e-bikes, so could we technically buy a conversion kit for a bike, and swap it all out? Fat tyres, better brakes would probably be on the cards too I guess.

Anyone have any wisdom they can share if I was to help him do the upgrade? :D

I'm looking to purchase either a Batec or a Klaxon. Reading this informative thread, it appears that as Batec 'progresses' it also limits the ability for users/owners to DIY; maybe even make any purchases to be exclusive to Batec?
While this would be of benefit for their business model, it certainly pisses me off and makes me less inclined to purchase their product.
As for travelling at 25-30kmh in a chair, given any wheelchair running gear, hat is way past my comfort zone:)

Well it's been a couple years since I looked at this thread and I'm glad to see it has helped some owners. Obviously batec has changed the ability to manipulate the speed controller on their current model. I very happy with my unit three years on. What is disgraceful is the price Australian wheelchair users are being asked to pay for this equipment now. From memory I paid somewhere in the region of 12k for mine. I've recently heard of quotes more than 20k for essentially the same drive unit I have.

Many thanks to Amberwolf for his help in this thread. Happy riding.

Hi there. I have recently received a Batec Scrambler 2. Currently limited to 10kph wanting to get to 20kph to keep up with my son on his mountain bike.
Anyone had success with changing speeds on the newer model Scrambler 2?

Thanks in advance

Well I looked inside the control housing, (scrambler 2) and sure enough it doesn't have the 3 blue pots of the Scrambler 1.
Apparently these things are tuned via a proprietary tuning module only available from batec themselves but I don't want to lose the extra 5kmh the product is sold on.
I've tried going through batec but they haven't replied.
Does anybody have thoughts on this?
Any luck with this?

I have a scrambler 2, looking to remove the speed limiter too! Looks like it has to be done via their software. Although I’ve been told that the smaller board inside can be changed for a blank one and will loose the speeds and limiter?

Back