la Nina rears her ugly head

Just a light sprinkle overnight. Barely enough to wet the ground. I’ll take what I can get.
Another chance on Thursday.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
********************************************************************** :)

Apparently none of the raindrops fell in the rain gage about a mile East from here but more on the way.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=SGX&issuedby=SGX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

Detailed Forecast
Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Showers likely, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Thursday
Showers, mainly before 4pm. High near 54. West wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 59. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 65.
Saturday Night
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 64.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Monday
A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60.
Monday Night
Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
Tuesday
Rain likely. The rain could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
**************************************************************************** :)

That's quite a bit. Nothing here....yet.
They are now predicting another atmospheric river event, but smaller than the last one. Present estimates are for around 4" here by the end of Tuesday. Up north is going to get the heaviest.

7-day precip forecast 12-10-21.JPG

That's cool. I haven't seen the lightning flash density map before.
Still coming down here but I can't see the rain gauge well from inside. Looks like over 2.5".

Patchy drizzle only so far.
La Niña Rain Gage
*************************************************** :|

I got about 4.5" since Sunday. Any more and we'd be having widespread flooding issues. Still getting some scattered showers and some pretty cold air behind the front. Snow level down to 2,000' in places. As this clears out, another front is due Wednesday night and might bring another inch. Some places in the Sierras got up to 8 feet of snow. This is badly needed. Great for skiers too.

La Niña Rain Gage
*************************************************************************************************************** :D

SDHET HEMET VALLE VISTA 0.81 2050
:mrgreen:
Big wind:
Hemet (378SE) 56 MPH 1220 PM 12/14 2440

More rain fell in the surrounding area.
Storm report:
https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=sgx&issuedby=SGX&product=LSR

Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Patchy frost after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 36. Calm wind.
Thursday
A slight chance of rain after 4pm. Patchy frost before 10am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
Thursday Night
A slight chance of rain before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 36. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 61.
Saturday Night
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 62.
Sunday Night
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
Tuesday
A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
Tuesday Night
Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
Wednesday
Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.

64F in Minnesnowta.

Crazy! But it may be a good winter to ride. Snowmobile Gear (snow maggots) and warm..
Heatied battery pack for optimal power.

It was in the '70s somewhere in Missouri. Meanwhile, I had a little over an inch last night. That brought my season total to about 2x what we got all of last season. Things are off to a good start. More headed my way next week.

It was in the 70's last night here in San Antonio, TX. Feels like early fall or late spring. First day of Winter is in 5 days. Have not had much rain here. To the West of me it is dry to server drought and to the east it was flooding. Crazy times.

fechter said:
That's cool. I haven't seen the lightning flash density map before.

no a density map but intersitng

https://www.lightningmaps.org

12/20/2021 No snow in Minnesota. Looking like we'll have a brown Christmas.

There is a cutoff low just off the coast now. Cutoff lows always give the computer models indigestion and the forecast changes a lot from one day to the next. Rain was supposed to start today, but is now delayed until tomorrow. The low might just hang in one spot for a long time so we could get rain for a week straight, at least on and off. Sucks for riding. Cold too, but not below freezing. Just feels like it with the humidity.

Back