la Nina rears her ugly head

Detailed Forecast
Today
Partly sunny, with a high near 68. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Calm wind.
Wednesday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Wednesday Night
A chance of rain after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 46. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Thursday
Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a high near 59. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Thursday Night
Rain likely, mainly before 4am. The rain could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Friday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
Christmas Day
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55.
Saturday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
Sunday
A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
Sunday Night
A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
Monday
A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.

I wish I could find a map like that for my area but haven't had any luck searching.

A little under an inch since yesterday. Slow, but anything helps. Rain forecast for the next 7 days on and off.

fechter said:
I wish I could find a map like that for my area but haven't had any luck searching.
https://radar.weather.gov
pick your location
use menu at upper left to choose "product", meaning which kind of map you want to see. Unless your local offices are all down, their data gets fed to this NWS page and it will have everything there for present conditions.

The various local pages should also contain any data available for your local offices, click the main map to choose a location:
https://www.weather.gov/wrh/

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
************************************* :confused:

Just a few drops so far. :|

I recommend becoming a Weather Spotter. With only a couple of hours training to learn about clouds and basic meteorological reporting, one can document conditions, contact forecasters at the area NWS office sending photos and video of weather events, etc.
It’s even possible to have a weather station in your yard and an official rain gage if so inclined. (but not necessary).
Go to: https://www.weather.gov/SKYWARN for the online training to get started.
Soon you’ll have access to the local office and get to email reports and get SKYWARN notifications. They can use your information for storm reports and they really appreciate having eyes on the clouds and boots on the ground.
:wink:

1.9" here so far. Sort of a break now, more coming. I see what passed through there is down to southern California now. Forecast shows rain or at least a chance of rain for the next week. My season total is now a little more than 2x what I got all of last year. If this keeps up, there's a good chance for the reservoirs to get full again but I bet they never lower the water prices.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
**************************************************************************************** :D

Something at least close to 3" here at my place so far since about 1am, still raining.

Yard sure needed it since I haven't been able to afford to water since July. (had to cut down most of the lantana in the last three weeks because the city didn't like it; am waiting for the rain to stop so I can go back out and finish the cleanup for the inspection on Wed).

Total as of 5:00 pm Friday:
SDHET HEMET VALLE VISTA 1.43 2050
:mrgreen:

Wind: missing, nothing worth mentioning. Gusts to 16 mph.
Closest station reporting:
Hemet (378SCE) 41 MPH 0100 AM 12/24 2440
Probably the top of one of the many buttes within the city limits.

Public Information Statement
National Weather Service San Diego CA
922 AM PST Fri Dec 24 2021

...Top 15 peak wind reports...

Location Speed Time/Date Elevation (ft.)

Volcan Mountain (SDGE) 75 MPH 0830 AM 12/24 5153
Boucher Hill (HPWREN) 69 MPH 0145 AM 12/24 5439
Mt Laguna Observatory 69 MPH 0835 AM 12/24 6055
Harrison Park (SDGE) 65 MPH 0820 AM 12/24 4860
Otay Mountain RAWS 63 MPH 0814 AM 12/24 3283
Silverwood Lake (424SCE) 62 MPH 1150 PM 12/23 4671
Toro Peak (HPWREN) 62 MPH 1053 AM 12/23 8689
Lucky Five Ranch (SDGE) 61 MPH 0740 AM 12/24 4740
Boulevard West (SDGE) 60 MPH 0910 AM 12/24 3403
Cushenbury Springs (SCE269) 60 MPH 0650 PM 12/23 4099
White Star (SDGE) 59 MPH 0910 AM 12/24 3988
Huntington Beach Pier 59 MPH 0646 AM 12/24 85
Crestwood (SDGE) 57 MPH 0910 AM 12/24 4087
Whitewater RAWS 57 MPH 0350 PM 12/23 2545
Heaps Peak 56 MPH 0215 AM 12/24 6455

Intense storm spawns tornadoes, including first ever observed in Minnesota during December

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/15/weather/us-weather-wednesday/index.html

La Niña Rain Gage
******************************************************************** :)

weather 12-26-21.JPG

Chance of snow?

I doubt it. I have only seen snow here once and it melted immediately. But it will be below normal temp for sure.

Detailed Forecast
This Afternoon
Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Monday
Showers, mainly after 10am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 45. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Monday Night
Showers, mainly before 10pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 37. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tuesday
A slight chance of showers after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 43. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday
Showers likely, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Wednesday Night
Showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Thursday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
Friday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
Friday Night
A slight chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
New Year's Day
Sunny, with a high near 54.

La Niña Rain Gage
******************************************************************* :)

Around 0.8" here over the last couple of days. Grey, cloudy, cold and enough showers to keep me from going out riding. SF bay area is at around 200% of normal for this time of year. That's a good sign.

Season average is around 12.34 inches, siting at 5.44 inches at the moment, but they are promising a wet one tonight and tomorrow. :lol:

:D :bolt:

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=sgx&issuedby=SGX&product=RER :oops:
Neck ache, chills, headache, loss of appetite, body aches and sporadic dry cough. We’re all sick and I am freezing my……off.

Back