End of the World. Beginning of a new one. The Life of Amberwolf.

For yard clean up. Ever think about a compost pile? To me compost is like money in the bank. I just keep saving it. Same as money, you can't have too much. Stupid way to chop up branches and stuff is a lawnmower. My plan for all my compost, is to die or move away and the compost will keep rotting.

Don't know why but my post about compost has been deleted. Go here to see pictures of my old compost piles and my new rodent proof compost piles.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=114495#p1692920

Today things are a bit overgrown in Marty's compost land. Lots of rabbits around my yard. Neighbors have rats thanks to cat food left outside. Rats seem kind of sneaky running around. Rabbits are nicer. Wonder if rabbits and rats get along together? Don't think they do.

Have you heard that Scientists ate using Lawyers instead of Rats for laboratory experiments?

Yes...... There are some things that even Rats won't do :lol:

Might have pictures in my computer? Picture 6 or 7 Really heavy small oak pallets. About 36" x 36". Stand on end and tie them together with giant wire ties. Compost pile is a big 6 or 7 sided circle. Fill it up. Jump on it to compact, and keep adding more of whatever ya got. No meat. That smells.

marty said:
For yard clean up. Ever think about a compost pile?
that's part of what i had that the city says no no to. years of work on that all gone now, can't do anymore.

anybody that wants to compost can only pay the city $5 a month for a recycle-bin-sized bin to fill up and the city takes it away to it's own composting facility. otherwise youre screwed.

oh, and you don't get the stuff back as composted material afterward--i have no idea what they do with it but you can't get any.

yeah, they'll take your recycle trash away for nothing (well, included in your regular waste services) but if you wanna be green and save landfill space from the compostable materials, you have to pay for it. :roll:

ridiculous.

marty said:
Might have pictures in my computer? Picture 6 or 7 Really heavy small oak pallets. About 36" x 36". Stand on end and tie them together with giant wire ties. Compost pile is a big 6 or 7 sided circle. Fill it up. Jump on it to compact, and keep adding more of whatever ya got. No meat. That smells.
don't bother, it's not allowed here. can't do it.

Might be time for something like this?
wood-fence-board-on-board-13-hero-1280x853.jpg
Installing fences is some of the hardest physical labor a human can do. Note that the earth is not flat. Fences go up and down to follow the slope of the ground. Hold your two arms vertical and parallel to each other. Now jerk them up and down like two fence posts on a hill. That's how the fence panels are knocked out of wack to go up and down hills.

This is not funny...... Someone told me a story about someone who got brain damage in Vietnam. He installed fence posts at a angle so posts were perpendicular to the ground.

Did you read the parts I already wrote about fences?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49550&start=1300#p1691791
If not, you might want to read that (and everything else I wrote, too).

So far you're just telling me to do things I can't.

But at this point, the cleanup is over, other than raking up the last fallen leaves and such, so even that doesn't matter anymore.

BTW:
marty said:
Don't know why but my post about compost has been deleted.

i checked the logs and no one deleted any posts by you, so my guess is it simply didn't submit.

Sorry if I sound snippy.

I'm just tired of getting advice I can't use and that isn't helpful because people aren't reading what I wrote, when I'm already beyond stressed out, depressed, and intensely beyond sad about everything that has been going on for 3/4 of a year.

Normally I might appreciate the advice, even though I can't use it...but not now.

amberwolf said:
BTW:
marty said:

i checked the logs and no one deleted any posts by you, so my guess is it simply didn't submit.

Most defiantly did submit. Other people replied with excellent suggestions on how to prevent and cure constipation. Why the topic disappeared? I have no idea?

I don't know. I went thru the previous several days of logs when I posted above, and there aren't any deletions of posts that you made in this thread, and nothing at all has been deleted out of this thread for half a year (and that was me deleting my own post).

If you had an actual recent whole topic / thread you're referring to, rather than a post here in this thread, I'd have to go looking for that separately. If you know the date it was posted it may help me find it.

marty said:
amberwolf said:
BTW:
marty said:

Most defiantly did submit. Other people replied with excellent suggestions on how to prevent and cure constipation. Why the topic disappeared? I have no idea?
Mistyped here - Should have said "Other people replied with excellent suggestions on how to deal with compost."

Oh, it sounded originally like you were talking about stuff deleted out of this thread that you had just posted.

To check stuff that far back I'd have to look thru seven years of logs to find out (assuming they are kept that long; I don't know), and I'm afraid even I don't have the time / patience to do that. :oops:

Neptronix would probably have to be the one to figure out what has been happening if stuff has actually been lost.

Creating thermophilic compost in the desert is tough. Most home compost piles are actually putrefied piles of rotting material.

20 years of evaluating compost sources by microscope.

See USDA soil food web.

You mentioned needing yard tools?
Which are most important?

I like this quote I heard recently

See, when you drive home today, you've got a big windshield on the front of your car. And you've got a little bitty rearview mirror. And the reason the windshield is so large and the rearview mirror is so small is because what's happened in your past is not near as important as what's in your future.

i don't have and never have had a car, or a windshield. on my trike (and bike) i have big rear view mirrors because it's way more important that i be able to see what's coming up from behind me so they dont' hit me or run me off the road. so i don't understand your analogy; it doesn't make any sense for me.

yard cleanup should be done, i left the inspector a voicemail asking him to call me with anything i missed so i can fix it. inspection time started yesterday to whenever he gets around to me (i'm sure he has a lot of them to do around the city). hopefully he'll call me back to tell me the results soon; the anxiety is killing me.

no yard tools needed now, it's all done. will worry aobut new tools later when i have income again, which will hopefully be soon.

composting information is completely useless, as it is not allowed here because it would be yard waste/etc visible outside the property line; i have nowhere i could put it that woudln't be visible. see my post about this stuff somewhere above or on previous page(s).

(I already know how to compost, and was already doing it, that was part of the pile of crap I had to get rid of)

my medical leave officially ends saturday. per the leaves coordinator once my workplace opens today i am contacting them to determine scheduling, etc. (assuming they want me back)

if they don't, i have at least a chance at a janitorial job at frysfood where an old coworker has been managing for at least a couple years.

someone else has asked if i'd be interested in working for them in a much better type of job, and i said definitely yes, but i havent' heard back from them yet; maybe they are unavailable thru the holidays.

thru my counselor i have started working with voc rehab to find a more suitable job, like online-only, but just the intake process alone is taking months (the next step apparently cant' happen until the end of february!), so it will probably take years for anything to happen thru them, and at this point i will just have to do whatever job comes up first and live with it until i can find something better.

i am trying to be positive, but it is still very very difficult.

amberwolf said:
i don't have and never have had a car, or a windshield. on my trike (and bike) i have big rear view mirrors because it's way more important that i be able to see what's coming up from behind me so they dont' hit me or run me off the road. so i don't understand your analogy; it doesn't make any sense for me.
When driving, walking, or riding a bicycle. What's behind you, is where you have been in the past. What's in front, is where you might go in the future.

"what's happened in your past is not near as important as what's in your future"

Good luck with future job search. Re: "janitorial job at frysfood" . I like cleaning things. Friend of mine has a job as a janitor and doing maintenance in a school. He asked me if I wanted to work there. He told me he was going to go to a "Pool School" to learn how to do maintenance on swimming pools.

Don't want to fill your blog with dangerous chemicals. Look here for information on bleach and ammonia.

The windshield analogy is a generalized proverb that comes in many forms and there are countless ways to express it different ways. It is best for me to not forget the past as I can learn from it and what others have done

have a great new year to you all

marty said:
amberwolf said:
When driving, walking, or riding a bicycle. What's behind you, is where you have been in the past. What's in front, is where you might go in the future.

"what's happened in your past is not near as important as what's in your future"

Good luck with future job search. Re: "janitorial job at frysfood" . I like cleaning things. Friend of mine has a job as a janitor and doing maintenance in a school. He asked me if I wanted to work there. He told me he was going to go to a "Pool School" to learn how to do maintenance on swimming pools.

Don't want to fill your blog with dangerous chemicals. Look here for information on bleach and ammonia.

45 year old industrial designer here who also lost his job in property development (a troubled industry here) with two kids but still YOLOing trying to pivot into this whole EV revolution. My whole world turned up side down too and it feels surreal.

Just try to remember you're not alone. all the best

You helped me out a long time ago and I have not forgotten it. I have returned to Endless after a bit of a break to find this thread and its pretty rough. :shock:

If you want a hand finding ways to make a living online send me a PM of the best way to communicate and I will [try] to help you out to find something preferably where you can work for yourself, on your own terms/timing etc. Reading through here it says you don't want to do phone calls etc that's cool, maybe we could sort a chat function like Facebook Messenger or something 8) .

No promises but it is something I've done myself in the last year or so with some success and definitely happy to share some ideas/views and see how you go. :thumb:

Thanks...I PM'd you.

I'm very exhausted, after my first week back at work. I don't know if it will get any easier; it feels way harder than it used to, not just physically but emotionally and mentally. I'm still hoping to find something I could do from home.

I haven't had energy to post much the last several days; not sure when I will be able to regularly do so. For those I was helping in various threads, apologies for not being able to continue yet. I will, when I can.

In the meantime, when I have been able to, I've been continuing to create music to help myself work thru various things and relax. Some of it's pretty good, so here is a pair that go together, with a third "movement" still being born in my head but not yet set down anywhere:

Convocation of Lies
https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14369846
https://amberwolf.bandcamp.com/track/convocation-of-lies-feat-lauscho-remix

The Discernment of Candor
https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14376416
https://amberwolf.bandcamp.com/track/the-discernment-of-candor

Best played on something with normal bass, rather than phone/tablet speakers (you'll miss most of the songs on those).

If you have good headphones, there's nice stereo separation and placement of things.

Naturally, there is more stuff on those sites if you like the first two. And if you would like to support my musical inclinations, you may purchase downloads of the songs on either site (they even support tipping!). ;)

Latest versions of the above; i removed the first few "meh"sures ;) of Convocation of Lies to start it at a flourish instead, and get right into it:
https://amberwolf.bandcamp.com/track/convocation-of-lies-feat-lauscho-remix

The Discernment of Candor:
https://amberwolf.bandcamp.com/track/the-discernment-of-candor

Anyone listening to them, I appreciate any feedback of any kind, the more detailed the better. (tough to improve it without that. ;) )

also now on youtube
https://youtu.be/XY5_Ei951es

amberwolf said:
Anyone listening to them, I appreciate any feedback of any kind, the more detailed the better. (tough to improve it without that. ;) )

also now on youtube

Here are my thoughts about the two pieces, Convocation of Lies and The Discernment of Candor:

I liked both, but so far I prefer Convocation of Lies, but not for a reason I can pinpoint. It feels more like listening to a story, with a beginning, middle and end, even though the mix and style seemed consistent throughout. I liked the pace of the music, not music for sleeping, but action or doing something. The Discernment of Candor had more variation, but didn’t have that same story feel. I liked that it had variation in the mix of instrument sounds, but also had some quiet sections that isolated one or two sounds. Those sections made it more interesting. Also, at the very beginning, the sound, sort of like a bassoon, reminded me of last weekend when I rode through a park, and there was a group of people playing didgeridoos of all things. I thought I was going to hear more of that, and the sound was probably there, but mixed with a lot of other sounds. It sort of felt out of place the first time I listened to it.

I’m going to try listening to the pieces while riding my bike. I can imagine listening to them while riding already. I recently bought some bluetooth earbuds, and started listening to music while riding. What a difference. I barely drive my truck or car anymore, and barely at all during the pandemic, and that used to be where I’d listen to music. Having it while riding my bike makes the whole experience so much better. These two pieces are just about the right length for a ride to the donut shop, LOL.

I may have some additional thoughts after hearing them a few more times. I only listened to the Candor one once, but the Lies one three times. I'm curious of how you came up with the names. I tried initially to see if the meaning came through in the sounds, but then just decided to listen for enjoyment instead.

Depends on your mood at the time, its not my style of music but its tolerable.
Yes I did listen to it entirely, its sounds like what the kids in the club might dance to, whereas I am into Van Halen, Metallica, Boston, Eric Clapton, George Strait, Snoop Doggy Dogg, NWA, Journey, Chilliwack, GnR, Danko Jones, SRV, Kid Rock, Airbourne, ACDC, Sloan, Big Wreck, Big Sugar, Social Distortion, Georgia Satellites and Dan Bairds.
A good guitar solo you can never go wrong with, so I am not to into instrumentals unless there is a good beat, better rhythm, and the typical chords used rather then synthesizers. There is one instrumental from Metallica on my ipod that I dig, there's not many.

I would rate those links to music as very good, not sure how one would go about making something that, its more then I could do.
The most I can do is d/l Audacity and chop a live track to get right into the song.
Wings of Pegasus is a good channel to watch for critiques, if I am in the mood I watch him on youtube, see whos cheating with Auto Tune.

E-HP said:
amberwolf said:

also now on youtube

Here are my thoughts about the two pieces, Convocation of Lies and The Discernment of Candor:

I liked both, but so far I prefer Convocation of Lies, but not for a reason I can pinpoint. It feels more like listening to a story, with a beginning, middle and end, even though the mix and style seemed consistent throughout. I liked the pace of the music, not music for sleeping, but action or doing something. The Discernment of Candor had more variation, but didn’t have that same story feel. I liked that it had variation in the mix of instrument sounds, but also had some quiet sections that isolated one or two sounds. Those sections made it more interesting. Also, at the very beginning, the sound, sort of like a bassoon, reminded me of last weekend when I rode through a park, and there was a group of people playing didgeridoos of all things. I thought I was going to hear more of that, and the sound was probably there, but mixed with a lot of other sounds. It sort of felt out of place the first time I listened to it.

I’m going to try listening to the pieces while riding my bike. I can imagine listening to them while riding already. I recently bought some bluetooth earbuds, and started listening to music while riding. What a difference. I barely drive my truck or car anymore, and barely at all during the pandemic, and that used to be where I’d listen to music. Having it while riding my bike makes the whole experience so much better. These two pieces are just about the right length for a ride to the donut shop, LOL.

I may have some additional thoughts after hearing them a few more times. I only listened to the Candor one once, but the Lies one three times. I'm curious of how you came up with the names. I tried initially to see if the meaning came through in the sounds, but then just decided to listen for enjoyment instead.

Back