E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

cheeko said:
Anyone know why Stealth website doesnt have much info of there models anymore other then the B52 or the H52 and there new one.

Have they stopped selling the other models.

Their new website will be evolving over the next year or so and more information about the other models will be available. The new light weight low powered mid drive models are going to be the focus point for a bit.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I refuse to pay a $1000 for a stinkin shock absorber. $2000 for forks is ok though. That's just how I roll.

Elaborate on this would you? I mean I would never pay 1k+ for shock, unless the one I had couldn't be revalved, then I would. On our heavy hub powered machines, the rear shock set up for the un-suspended mass is much more important than the front as far as priority goes. BTW, I think Buffy is a cool lady for letting you ride, and retire. :D

litespeed said:
1abv,

So is the rear shock just excellent? I keep thinking I want to buy a better rear shock. No regrets? Anything you would change? How does it do in whoops and when the wheel comes off the ground?

Tom

Short answer.. Hell Yes!

Its much better than anything else your going to find. I researched Ohlins, FOX, White Power, Elka and many others before deciding on this one. I've had custom Ohlins, Showa, KYB, and WP suspension.
I am pretty specific about suspension on my bikes and motorcycles. My front suspension looks like a Marzocchi 888 but the internals are custom and totally different. Avalanche racing. I mention this stuff not for bragging rights but to understand that suspension is very important to me. Much more than motor power.

The stock bomber DNM is a copy of an Elka which is a decent shock. A few of the issues with it is that the nitrogen levels are inconsistent shock to shock and most likely are low in all of them. The oil is cheap as hell and probably worn out and the valve stack has a limited range of adjustability. But the shock is 100-200 dollars so I didn't expect much. You can make it a lot better. I had the stock shock re-valved and re-sprung twice. It made it much better but not good. The square edge bumps were still a huge issue for me. It would handle bigger jumps fine as long as the take off and landing were smooth but that's about it. Other issues were that the rear end would kick like a mule no matter what I did to rebound and compression, it was harsh as hell, and would not track.

What your going to get with the Race Tech Shock is customization. You will get it dialed in to exactly what you want. Another guy w a bomber had one installed on his bike. His was set up for motocross. Initially they used his settings on my shock. It was way to hard for me. Part of me was thinking did I just blow 1500 bucks for a shock?? I sent it back and told him what I I didn't like and to make it for aggressive trail riding and now its the shit. I have it set up really light. 450 lb spring and the valving is light which I love. Its like a frocking trophy truck. Just soaks up everything I ride. I don't do big air so I'de rather use the travel for smaller bumps and obstacles. The more specific you are with what you want the easier it will be to get it. They can build what ever you want and can also help direct down the right path.

My back doesn't hurt at all after 25-30 miles in the dirt (with the DNM it was about 4-5 miles) The rear end does not kick up at all. it doesn't deflect over rocks and tracks straight though rock gardens. High speed downhills, the bike is totally in control. With the DNM I would be worried about a cross rut or a kicker on down hills.

If you are street bias there is no need for this. If you ride off-road and you have found limitations w the stock suspension then yes its the way to go. Is it worth 1500.00? That's up to you. I can tell you it will be better than what you have for sure. Will it be as good as a well set up mid drive bike.. Probably not. I ride my bike almost every day and needed it to be better.

Hope this helps!

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I refuse to pay a $1000 for a stinkin shock absorber. $2000 for forks is ok though. That's just how I roll.

Elaborate on this would you? I mean I would never pay 1k+ for shock, unless the one I had couldn't be revalved, then I would. On our heavy hub powered machines, the rear shock set up for the un-suspended mass is much more important than the front as far as priority goes. BTW, I think Buffy is a cool lady for letting you ride, and retire. :D

Well my problem with a $1500 shock is mainly just that I don't have one. :cry:
It's on my list, but I'm just not feeling it. My $110 Fastace shock works a little better than stock. Honestly I spend a lot of time riding at low speed officer. :)

Buffy is great though, thank you.

That does help thanks. I have quite a bit of experience with off road cars with up to 16” of travel and motocross bike suspension but not bicycle stuff. I have been saying for a while that this heavy ass motor/rear end needs a larger “motorcycle” sized rear shock to control it. Sounds like you found it. You should probably post your actual shock part number and the set-up to give others with a Stealth Bomber a starting point. That’s what I did on the Pilot/odyssey forum for my Honda 350 Odyssey and my Honda Pilot Works Performance shocks settings.(single seat off road cars! I also had a Drakart Formula Cross!) Once someone does the “tuning” leg work 99% of people will like the settings you (or whomever!) came up with. The works shocks for my Odyssey and Pilot were sent in at least 5 times each…..I’m in Missouri and they are in California. That was a lot of shipping cost to get those two cars set up. Works performance still has my settings on file for those 30+ year old cars.

Might just have to splurge for this shock….or maybe build another bike! Decisions, decisions!

Tom

1abv said:
litespeed said:
1abv,

So is the rear shock just excellent? I keep thinking I want to buy a better rear shock. No regrets? Anything you would change? How does it do in whoops and when the wheel comes off the ground?

Tom

Short answer.. Hell Yes!

Its much better than anything else your going to find. I researched Ohlins, FOX, White Power, Elka and many others before deciding on this one. I've had custom Ohlins, Showa, KYB, and WP suspension.
I am pretty specific about suspension on my bikes and motorcycles. My front suspension looks like a Marzocchi 888 but the internals are custom and totally different. Avalanche racing. I mention this stuff not for bragging rights but to understand that suspension is very important to me. Much more than motor power.

The stock bomber DNM is a copy of an Elka which is a decent shock. A few of the issues with it is that the nitrogen levels are inconsistent shock to shock and most likely are low in all of them. The oil is cheap as hell and probably worn out and the valve stack has a limited range of adjustability. But the shock is 100-200 dollars so I didn't expect much. You can make it a lot better. I had the stock shock re-valved and re-sprung twice. It made it much better but not good. The square edge bumps were still a huge issue for me. It would handle bigger jumps fine as long as the take off and landing were smooth but that's about it. Other issues were that the rear end would kick like a mule no matter what I did to rebound and compression, it was harsh as hell, and would not track.

What your going to get with the Race Tech Shock is customization. You will get it dialed in to exactly what you want. Another guy w a bomber had one installed on his bike. His was set up for motocross. Initially they used his settings on my shock. It was way to hard for me. Part of me was thinking did I just blow 1500 bucks for a shock?? I sent it back and told him what I I didn't like and to make it for aggressive trail riding and now its the shit. I have it set up really light. 450 lb spring and the valving is light which I love. Its like a frocking trophy truck. Just soaks up everything I ride. I don't do big air so I'de rather use the travel for smaller bumps and obstacles. The more specific you are with what you want the easier it will be to get it. They can build what ever you want and can also help direct down the right path.

My back doesn't hurt at all after 25-30 miles in the dirt (with the DNM it was about 4-5 miles) The rear end does not kick up at all. it doesn't deflect over rocks and tracks straight though rock gardens. High speed downhills, the bike is totally in control. With the DNM I would be worried about a cross rut or a kicker on down hills.

If you are street bias there is no need for this. If you ride off-road and you have found limitations w the stock suspension then yes its the way to go. Is it worth 1500.00? That's up to you. I can tell you it will be better than what you have for sure. Will it be as good as a well set up mid drive bike.. Probably not. I ride my bike almost every day and needed it to be better.

Hope this helps!

I'm seeing 24" Hook Worms on sale again. I'm not a fan of 27.5 wheels that come on the new Bomber, but Hook Worms come in that size too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232529478569?epid=1824565077&hash=item3623d643a9:g:5FgAAOSw0vBUf-nZ

I've heard in passing that some people have fitted 26" Front and rear. Anyone done the same? Pros and cons? Might be a bit easier to find and source tyres if that's the case.

I looked into 26" wheels. I'm not sure about stock forks but my 888's are 26" ready. I looked for 3" wide tires in 26" Surly was the only one. It wont fit though. That specific tire is too tall. There are narrower tires that will fit. I'm on my last Duro so ill have to switch at some point. I would never fit a bicycle rear tire to the Bomber. They wear too fast and changing them is a pain. Moto rim is the way to go. My rear tire lasts about 3 fronts.

1abv said:
I looked into 26" wheels. I'm not sure about stock forks but my 888's are 26" ready. I looked for 3" wide tires in 26" Surly was the only one. It wont fit though. That specific tire is too tall. There are narrower tires that will fit. I'm on my last Duro so ill have to switch at some point. I would never fit a bicycle rear tire to the Bomber. They wear too fast and changing them is a pain. Moto rim is the way to go. My rear tire lasts about 3 fronts.

Try 26+ size tires in your search, you should find a few 2.7-3" tires. Not many though.

When my bike was parked next to a Onyx, my 24" wheels looked pretty big compared to it's 18" wheels. I never thought of 18" as small until then.

I haven't really looked into tire choices, but It seems like a 18" motorcycle rim would be the best alternative size for a rear wheel on a Stealth that's mainly is ridden off road.

The reason I qualify that for off road is because the smaller diameter wheel would give you a little more bottom end torque which would be useful, at the expense of top speed, which isn't that important.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I'm seeing 24" Hook Worms on sale again. I'm not a fan of 27.5 wheels that come on the new Bomber, but Hook Worms come in that size too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232529478569?epid=1824565077&hash=item3623d643a9:g:5FgAAOSw0vBUf-nZ

I would take but he states that the shipping is 60bucks from US

Theodore Voltaire said:
When my bike was parked next to a Onyx, my 24" wheels looked pretty big compared to it's 18" wheels. I never thought of 18" as small until then.

I haven't really looked into tire choices, but It seems like a 18" motorcycle rim would be the best alternative size for a rear wheel on a Stealth that's mainly is ridden off road.

The reason I qualify that for off road is because the smaller diameter wheel would give you a little more bottom end torque which would be useful, at the expense of top speed, which isn't that important.

So the fighter on the far right in this pic has an 18x1.40 running a 3.00x18" MC tire with the stock 24x3.00 rim and Duro Razorback up front.

Attachments

• Rix Ebikes.jpg
    Rix Ebikes.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 766
litespeed said:
That does help thanks. I have quite a bit of experience with off road cars with up to 16” of travel and motocross bike suspension but not bicycle stuff. I have been saying for a while that this heavy ass motor/rear end needs a larger “motorcycle” sized rear shock to control it. Sounds like you found it. You should probably post your actual shock part number and the set-up to give others with a Stealth Bomber a starting point. That’s what I did on the Pilot/odyssey forum for my Honda 350 Odyssey and my Honda Pilot Works Performance shocks settings.(single seat off road cars! I also had a Drakart Formula Cross!) Once someone does the “tuning” leg work 99% of people will like the settings you (or whomever!) came up with. The works shocks for my Odyssey and Pilot were sent in at least 5 times each…..I’m in Missouri and they are in California. That was a lot of shipping cost to get those two cars set up. Works performance still has my settings on file for those 30+ year old cars.

Might just have to splurge for this shock….or maybe build another bike! Decisions, decisions!

Tom

1abv said:
litespeed said:
1abv,

Tom

Short answer.. Hell Yes!

Hope this helps!

Racetech has a G4 custom line that's built by Racetech's bad ass guy Jeff Zeliat. There really isn't a specific model. The G4 custom line is what ever you want it to be, Stroke, length etc. This is his 2nd Bomber shock he has built. I made the adjustment so the line for the resi passes through the frame instead of around it. They also had to drill into the frame to make a custom bracket to mount it. As far as spring rate and valving its all custom based on needs. It can be made with or w/o remote, high speed compression etc. If you want a longer shock you can ask for that as well. My shock is set up insanely soft. I doubt anyone would like my settings they are pretty extreme.

If you get in touch w Jeff he will hook you up.

Anyone with the FOX 40 forks? Did my first full day on the thing, pavement, jumping kerbs and steps, bit of gravel and rocky stuff 100% BATT to 5%. Had the stock forks dialed per my weight but ultimately end of the day, the thing spilled its guts. Was prob due for an overhaul in hindsight.
I do intend to take it on harder off-road stuff in the future, so grabbing something more substantial would be of benefit.

I typically try to buy once and cry once. So my question there's a 27.5" and a 29" option. Being 24" stock front Im guessing no issues with plug and play? And prob should go 29" fork for option to change?

Theodore Voltaire said:
How's this grab you? 8)

20220107_135751.jpg

I like it better than the streamers :lol: If that windshield was smoked colored, it would look better I think.

AAAAQQQ said:
Anyone with the FOX 40 forks? Did my first full day on the thing, pavement, jumping kerbs and steps, bit of gravel and rocky stuff 100% BATT to 5%. Had the stock forks dialed per my weight but ultimately end of the day, the thing spilled its guts. Was prob due for an overhaul in hindsight.
I do intend to take it on harder off-road stuff in the future, so grabbing something more substantial would be of benefit.

I typically try to buy once and cry once. So my question there's a 27.5" and a 29" option. Being 24" stock front Im guessing no issues with plug and play? And prob should go 29" fork for option to change?

Keep in mind that long travel 29" forks typically have a longer axle to crown ratio then there 26/27.5 counterpart. I only bring this up as it can negatively affect your geometry. But as long as the fork has a 20mmx110mm axle, and a 1.125" fork tube, any fork can be put on your Bomber and your wheel will fit.

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
How's this grab you? 8)

20220107_135751.jpg

I like it better than the streamers :lol: If that windshield was smoked colored, it would look better I think.

Yeah, I'd like smoke color better too, and so did my best friend when he brought his bike over to my house, and let me install it for him. That's where I got this one from. :)
It's not really installed, I just set on there to have a look. I remember how much I used to like the windshield on my Road King in the wintertime. I probably won't really install it. Maybe when I get old, like next year. 8)

AAAAQQQ said:
Anyone with the FOX 40 forks?

Yeah, I have Fox 40, Elite series, which are supposedly only sold to manufacturers. The Fox 40s available to the public are the Factory series, which are a slight step up from mine. There's no such thing as forks that are too good, but if there was, these would be the ones. I just mentioned in the last page or two that they make my front tire stick to the road like it's magnetically attracted to asphalt. They're magic.

One potential problem you should be aware of is, because of the short length of our head tube, if they were to bottom out the seals would hit the triple tree, possibly damaging the seals. With 96 psi mine have never come close to bottoming though, even in spite of my gigantic huge ass. Notice my big seat.

The Elite's have black fork tubes which suits my bike better than the Gold, Factory series fork tubes.

12621.jpg

51625559757_3c8a79b814_c.jpg

So this was a little bit of a hill... check out the angle of the clouds.

This video might sell a few Stealth's, especially P37s. This is the kind of market Stealth needs to be targeting, if they want to sell more bikes.

[youtube]5OMPJbV1Sbc[/youtube]

Back