Sabvoton 150a controller cut out issue Help needed

Hi, this is my first post.
I have a 3000w 72v hub motor kit from Solos bikes UK, I'm currently using a BTRpower 60v 25ah battery( fully charges at 71.4v)
And I recently purchased a 150a sabvoton controller and when i set it all up it was working perfect until I throttled hard all the power would cut out until I reconnected the battery,
Could anyone give me any advice on what settings could effect the cut out in the MQCON app as I'm not sure if it's related to DC current or phase current, it stopped cutting out for now after I lowered the Current limiting Voltage, rated DC current, Rated Phase Current but the acceleration is quite weak and I have hard start enabled and mid voltage is set to 2.00v.
Thanks guys,,

Your battery is listed 50A continuous and 100A peak, but it does not say how long peaks van last.
Definitly your battery or the pcb inside.

Have you looked at the voltage sag at 70A?

I haven't checked sag,
Would it make a difference lowering Phase amps and increasing DC amps?
Also could I lower the current limiting voltage and increase DC amps? Thanks

I don't think that current limiting works with hard start.
In my scooter i can set the current Limit voltage to what I want, current is not limited, only the low voltage shut off works.

Your battery sees only changes in dc-amps settings.

Hi,
Yesterday the axle snapped off the motor and I came off the bike,
I had regen enabled at 30a and it seemed to snap from the regen how come this has happened? Thanks and also I'm ok from falling lol

Hi, I was out on my SB yesterday for about 45 minutes and was all good, on my way back home I hit a slight pothole in the road and I noticed that when I accelerated there was hardly no power, my UKC-1 lcd was on level 5 and battery was 84% but it seemed like it was in a limp mode?
When I turned the bike off and on again it seemed to have all power for a couple of seconds then was limited again
What could this be? Thanks 😊

Hi, I have a sabvoton 150a controller on my SB and I've just noticed that when I go about 25-30mph and release the throttle it seems to still deliver power for a second or 2 instead of completely cutting off, what could this be?
The only settings I've changed lately are.
Throttle max voltage:4.5v
Throttle mid voltage:2.3v
Throttle mid current:150
Rated phase current was at 160 its now at 200
And max phase current is 220a
Thanks 😊

Is there a setting for throttle release time? (it might not be called exactly that; could be anything to do with ramping time for throttle)

Is the throttle a cable-operated type, where no wires come from the grip/module, but rahter a cable does that then pulls a spool on a separate unit elsewhere on the bike that then has a wire to the ocntroller? (this type could have a cable issue that doesn't release the spool fully / immediately, and isn't necessarily detectable at the grip) Or is the throttle sensor in the actual grip/module with just wires coming out of it to the controller? (this is unlikley to have such an issue that you wouldn't feel directly in the grip).

Is it using torque throttle mode, or speed throttle mode? (I don't know which one that specific controller uses, or if it has the option to switch) Depending on the controller specific implementation, the throttle mode could cause a delay in response.

Speed throttle (usually) directly controls the average voltage to the motor, where zero throttle is zero volts, and max throttle is (assuming no limits in play) the present battery voltage. This more or less directly controls the motor's speed.

Torque throttle controls the amount of current being fed to the motor, so it doesn't directly control the motor's speed, but rather the torque of the motor. If there's no load on the motor, or rather, if the torque demanded by the throttle exceeds that needed to overcome the load on it, the motor will spin faster and faster until it reaches a speed the torque being demanded can't push it past. (so if you have it offground, a tiny amount of throttle causes full speed operation, but won't do that when riding it).

Thanks for the reply, my throttle is directly connected to the controller (3 wires) and if I go onto the Bluetooth app the throttle is 1.5v at startup
The only setting I have switched on is hard start.

Hi, I know this might sound stupid asking about this but I'm confused on what these settings mean lol,
I have a SB that I built myself and it has a 3000w rear hub brushless motor, I'm not sure on the make or model of the motor as I purchased it from Aliexpress.
My battery is a BTRpower 60v 25Ah lithium battery(I'll add some pics) and I'm wanting to know the best settings for my controller as my bikes top speed is about 35mph and I'm not sure if any setting is set correctly.
Here's some of my current settings:
Rated DC current:80a
Max DC current:90a
Rated Phase current:160a
Max phase current:210a
Protected phase current:450(default on my controller)
My max throttle voltage is:4.7v
Mid throttle voltage:2.5v
Mid throttle current:170a
Min throttle voltage:1.7v
Also inhave flux weakening turned on and the current is set to 70a.

Do these settings look correct or is something wrong? I could upload some screenshots of the settings in the app tomorrow if needed,
Also what exactly is the difference between DC current and phase current and what does it effect on the bike? Thanks 😊

Back