Smart ESC

john61ct

1 TW
To keep the Flipsky thread getting too diverted

@Koxx

> and for low cost, we created the SESC, partially VESC based, open source, vesctool compatible but running on a 25€ xiaomi hardware.

github is here :
https://github.com/Koxx3/SmartESC_STM32_v2

and telegram help group os here :
https://t.me/+5ZUGjIWBmHg1ZDhk

Others' comments: Tidy codebase, runs on cheap as anything hardware... Uses ST MCSDK which supports field weakening, MTPA... out of the box.

Just ordered one of the boards to try this out. Hopefully the slow boat from China gets here soon! Assuming i get sensible hardware, expect this post to be updated with some electrical tests and test to see if it'll run various motors.

mxlemming said:
Just ordered one of the boards to try this out. Hopefully the slow boat from China gets here soon! Assuming i get sensible hardware, expect this post to be updated with some electrical tests and test to see if it'll soon various motors.

we are more Telegram fanatics 🤣

Koxx said:
mxlemming said:
Just ordered one of the boards to try this out. Hopefully the slow boat from China gets here soon! Assuming i get sensible hardware, expect this post to be updated with some electrical tests and test to see if it'll soon various motors.

we are more Telegram fanatics 🤣

I use telegram a bit I'll join in when i get hardware.

Do you have any plan to port this to f405 hardware? I have a fair few of those kicking about, and the world is generally full of f405 targets capable of 10x the power that little xiaomi board is.

Cool stuff

I would like to test the G30D part, I have a spare ESC and ST-Link to start testing.

Wow! This is really cool! These controllers are basically a dime a dozen and everywhere! I have 5-6 myself floating around. In fact I just "swapped" one for a VESC based Flipsky 75100 with a 14s6p on a Segway Ninebot Max scooter. I wanted FOC control, higher voltage capability, and other VESC capabilities. This comes along and does all of that plus is capable of 20s!!!

I have a few St links floating around, flashed many different ST chips throughout the years and have good soldering skills so it's not Greek to me. It will be a few weeks before I will even get a chance to try this but seeing this post just stopped me from buying another FS 75100 tonight as I was going to build another 14s NB max with it. I'll just flash this onto the stock ESC.

Will I still be able to use the stock dash for a switch and to turn on the headlight?

I tried to build the G30P bin and getting 15 errors.

Building the m365.bin is no problem.

What can I do?

speeed said:
I tried to build the G30P bin and getting 15 errors.

Building the m365.bin is no problem.

What can I do?

I haven't got around to trying this yet.

It looks like this forum won't get help quite yet. Guess its gotta be telegram (whatever that is lol!) At least its not a Facebook group! Uggggg! EDIT: nvmind, I didn't see this https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=114514

Can't believe there's not more interest in this. Id imagine these would work well for other applications besides scooters. The controller can be bought all day long for under $30 online.

As is these measure something like 4"x3.5"x1.5" (sorry, my brain isn't yet calibrated to the much more logical metric system) so size shouldn't be an issue for most but still, it wouldn't be super hard to pick out the silicone potting to expose/remove the PCB/To-220 FETS to make it smaller. Of course, the FETS would still need to be fastened to something to act as a heatsink but Im sure anyone interested in doing this is creative enough to figure something out.

I'm the dev of v2. Yeah haven't looked the the G30 project file for a while. It's the same code so I think only one or two files are missing in the project tree...

I take a look

Can't believe there's not more interest in this. Id imagine these would work well for other applications besides scooters. The controller can be bought all day long for under $30 online.

That's the main goal of the v2 project, everything can be configured from VESC tool. The v3 is different, it's more specific to the m365 scooter.

Phase current depends on the mosfets on the board there are different ones. I would say around 40-50A.
ERPM is tested up to 50000 need another motor to test higher.

I repaired the G30 project file, need someone to test it. I have no G30 controller.

Thanks for sharing your work!

For someone who has never heard of these controllers, these scooters, or your work it's hard to know what to get and what the specs are. I think if these things were listed here or on github it would help interest with these off the shelf controllers and your efforts.

Are the early controllers problematic?
Any versions to avoid or ones to ideally try to find?

Since the m365 has its own development branch does that mean it's the one to get?

What are unmodded and modded (20s, so 84v?) voltages?

From github:
With any small arduino, use analog acceleration/brake throttles to control any electic moving device like escooter, gokart, electric skateboard without using the stock display.

I see the ESP32-devkit-c note and code on github but the post here mentions an arduino. This is necessary for throttle and brake inputs - I missed that the first few times I read this thread.
Is there a link to some existing arduino code you could point us to?
Using the ninebot / m365 display means an arduino / esp32 isn't necessary, the display handles brake and throttle inputs, correct?

Jrbe said:
For someone who has never heard of these controllers, these scooters, or your work it's hard to know what to get and what the specs are. I think if these things were listed here or on github it would help interest with these off the shelf controllers and your efforts.

Since the m365 has its own development branch does that mean it's the one to get?

Did you find out more about the different boards? Are the ninebot ones better? Any version differences/what about clones VS original? I want to run a 13s low current battery and would love to not have to mod anything.

tanker said:
Jrbe said:

Did you find out more about the different boards? Are the ninebot ones better? Any version differences/what about clones VS original? I want to run a 13s low current battery and would love to not have to mod anything.

I have not found detailed info on these. My suggestion was to put a quick wiki together so people who wanted to use this had a better understanding of what's available and what the shortcomings of each board are. I'm not aware of a wiki / faq for these.

Back