Nucular Electronics owner's thread (setup infos, FW updates, links etc.)

isnt it the opposite?
same or unnoticable slightly less trq because of trying to reach the same torque with less current?

as long as i understand is mtpa an efficiency thing.

Attachments

• 2021-12-30_11h19_08.jpg
    2021-12-30_11h19_08.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,425
  • 2021-12-30_11h19_53.jpg
    2021-12-30_11h19_53.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,425
I have no idea what the mtpa can bring but what is certain is that the maximum speed of the scooter is 78km / h now and it was traveling at 69km / h before. Acceleration is much more powerful than before, especially from zero to 15km / h with v0.8.2

PITMIX said:
You should read the manual !
https://docs.nucular.tech/doku.php?id=en:controller:setup
In "CONTROL" and in "Throttle and brake curves setup" you can set the percentages of acceleration and braking on 6 levels.
IMG_20211230_103953.jpg
I already read and tried it weeks ago, that's why I asked you if you meant "Throttle and brake curves setup".. It doesn't really help because I already turn the throttle to 100% in the very beginning of a ride

VasiliSk said:
HEAD what is your bike?
generic hub motor probably about 3000w, 60v 30ah c8 Samsung 25r

By the way, in escooters like xiaomi the throttle is activated only after pushing it a little, it's called kick to start.. can the same be done in nucular?

I'm trying to update my firmware but cannot get the display to update. I keep getting stranded at the logo screen after i hit the green button when the display prompts me to "update?"

upon getting stranded, i have to unplug the battery and when i check the version of display FW i see its still the old version. If i try to view my device i also end up getting stranded at a frozen menu "59: Thermonucular controller device"

I updated the controller first and it seemed to work except for hanging up at the end to the point I needed to unplug battery to proceed with the display update process. During the update I saw status bars, etc20220104_121101.jpg

Who else has a Nucular 24F, QS205, R4850G2 and is running the new firmware? I was wondering if someone could give me their motor and converter settings? I have it all setup and it is great but I want to check to make sure the settings are correct as I am not sure what most of them do. Any help would be appreciated.

can you have motor braking without charging the battery, I think that the braking current is too high for my pack but I still want strong braking power

cheers

The only time braking power can be a problem is when you charge the battery over 90%. If you keep a sufficient margin that's fine. You have several braking intensity adjustment that of the braking phase intensity allows you to adjust strong braking. I have 250A of phases for braking, and it never goes up to more than 80A at the battery.

HEAD said:
can you have motor braking without charging the battery, I think that the braking current is too high for my pack but I still want strong braking power

cheers

You cannot get motor braking without charging battery (using Nucular). There should be something to waste that energy. Like huge resistors which burn energy at heat.

PITMIX said:
The only time braking power can be a problem is when you charge the battery over 90%. If you keep a sufficient margin that's fine. You have several braking intensity adjustment that of the braking phase intensity allows you to adjust strong braking. I have 250A of phases for braking, and it never goes up to more than 80A at the battery.

80A would kill my battery :lol:
I already had charge misbalancing, I suspect it was due to regen
Nixunen said:
HEAD said:

cheers

You cannot get motor braking without charging battery (using Nucular). There should be something to waste that energy. Like huge resistors which burn energy at heat.
makes sense

I have another question, I enabled active braking but it doesn't brake to zero, I tried increasing in control mode braking phase, braking phase at speed and at 0% throttle.. none made it actually brake to 0 speed, what could be the reason?

The magnetic brake does not unbalance the battery.
It's your cells that are too weak.
The brake mode must be set to 0% Throttle. This adjustment is to be made for the 3 speeds and also for the general control mode.

PITMIX said:
The magnetic brake does not unbalance the battery.
It's your cells that are too weak.
The brake mode must be set to 0% Throttle. This adjustment is to be made for the 3 speeds and also for the general control mode.

thanks it's now working after I enabled it via advanced control modes
enabling it in "Control" alone wasn't enough maybe because advanced modes was enabled

You can make different settings for the 3 speeds that's also why

If I connect this 4-button panel, can I configure it to work:
Button 1: Speed Mode 1
Button 2: Speed mode 2
Button 3: Speed Mode 3
Button 3:direction of motor rotation Forward/Reverse
But I would like it to be possible chose function with a short press so that I don't have to hold the button and have to wait.
ED408182-832E-4445-A786-7845E35EC629.jpeg

Beautiful diagram ...... Nucular Electronics are the way to go with any technical questions :) before asking here :wink:

Talon said:
Beautiful diagram ...... Nucular Electronics are the way to go with any technical questions :) before asking here :wink:
what do you mean? This is the Nucular discussion thread right?

Talon said:

I am glad that you like my drawing, especially that it was made on an iPhone which was not easy :) can you answer this question? If not, it is pointless to fill the post with empty content without meaning. Thank you.

Arka yes it is possible to work like this with the configuration in push button mode.IMG_20220117_072405.jpg

Back