new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you kuz there is a lot of moving pieces to the puzzle of lc.

kuz said:
Well, LC's are not sterilized builds like some others built by pros with better equipped shops. But he has his own way of getting there. There is a fire extingusher in the shop background on the latest video so safety gets at least a considerstion. He is not pretending to be something he is not and makes his own mistakes with the whole world watching. Which must be one of the reasons this thread lives on. Go, LC, but try to stay safe. Don't let us learn from your mistakes.

Well.

The big thing I miss about the Mopar / muscle car era. The 80s and 90s for me was the one that got away. The motor which was in my dreams. The vintage 426 Hemi.

I still want that so will get a plastic model of it better or better yet get a 3D printer and print out plastic parts to glue on. I want to make the LTO box that fits over the top box to look like the motor block and the top LTO box to look like a chrome supercharger.

61zXdWNOi6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

The four big pistons on the side will be part of the new LTO pack I want to build and four on the other side. I need 4 more to build an 8S LTO pack for 28S - 72V.

The entire 8S - LTOs will be visible behind plexi- glass with LED lighting. Four on each side. Maybe some lights on top for the supercharger as well.

Thanks.

LC. out.

NO.

I am just thinking of ways to trick out my LTO boxes. :lol:

Right now I am going to paint them. But hoping I can upgrade their appearance in the future.

The LIFEPO4 boxes take up even more space. Not as heavy though. About 1/2 the weight. I want to make them look better.

Open for ideas. That was one of my ideas. But for an electric motorcycle. FX - 75 - 5 motor. I need 80V though minimum but that would be a way to use the boxes I currently built as do NOT want to ever have to take them apart.

If I can glue chrome pieces and plexi - glass fake valve covers and stick LTOs behind the glass with lights it would turn a ugly box into a piece of art. Same with the top box but need to look at more images. It will take careful planning and craftsman tools. Also custom plastic kits. I have a hot glue gun thanks to DA. I did not know they existed before.

Basically I want to hide a big ugly triangle box or two. :lol:

Thanks.

LC. out.

You will love steve mags channel along with his motortrends also check out roadkill videos https://www.youtube.com/c/SteveMagnante/videos to bling out your wooden encased batteries just add some teenager sparkling glitter alongside your hemi stickers

kux lc is always on topic :wink: whatever is floating around in that brain of his he puts it out there for you me and everyone else to read

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI1pxm9C9iY

That is the short video I just did showing the shape that my huge 15S - LIFEPO4 and LTO boxes.

Looking for any way possible to make them look better. :lol:

The chrome motor might work as similar shape to an engine.

Not only that but have been thinking about a 120+ DB onboard sound system. When I took electrical technology back in the 90s and 2,000s I studied bandpass isobaric folded horn subwoofer enclosure technology similar to what BOSE patented. I can build a really loud speaker that is around a cubic foot and mount in a rear basket.

I stopped working on the design back in 98 as someone beat me to the punch. Awhile I was studying it someone else was patenting the idea.

https://billfitzmaurice.info/AutoTruckTuba.html

I read advanced loudspeaker enclosures by Vance Dickenson when attending college back in 95 and 96.

I could simulate a big nasty V 8 sound.

If anyone has an idea how I can make it work or a better idea for those FIFEPO4 and LTO boxes please post it. :idea: :?:

Thanks.

LC. out.

The metal banding scenario on your LiFe "Boxcar Willy" conflagration looks to emulate a turbulence activated self-destruct device.

It actually reminds me of my recommendation of strapping a bunch of cement blocks onto your bike and riding it down a steep hill, with your rear brake only insistence, so you will know what 50mph feels like before spending the time and money to actually build a 50mph capable eBike ...

... except you're tying the cement blocks on with bailing twine or, 3 for a dollar, bungee cords.

I foresee battery boxes breaking apart, hanging briefly from wires, with parts sucked into a collapsing rear wheel, alternately ejecting and clobbering LC with various battery, motor and bike components.

DrkAngel said:
The metal banding scenario on your LiFe "Boxcar Willy" conflagration looks to emulate a turbulence activated self-destruct device.

It actually reminds me of my recommendation of strapping a bunch of cement blocks onto your bike and riding it down a steep hill, with your rear brake only insistence, so you will know what 50mph feels like before spending the time and money to actually build a 50mph capable eBike ...

... except you're tying the cement blocks on with bailing twine or, 3 for a dollar, bungee cords.

I foresee battery boxes breaking apart, hanging briefly from wires, with parts sucked into a collapsing rear wheel, alternately ejecting and clobbering LC with various battery, motor and bike components.
DAND214 said:
DA are you saying that they are too heavy?
Video above (LC builds), 1st tri-box metered, right side supported by strap with 1 screw near 3/4" boards end grain, will split and drop right half from moderate to minimal turbulence?
If top strap screwed deeply into end grain, will support longer, but with same eventual failure.

Video above (LC builds), 1st tri-box metered, right side supported by strap with 1 screw near 3/4" boards end grain, will split and drop right half from moderate to minimal turbulence?
If top strap screwed deeply into end grain, will support longer, but with same eventual failure.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very funny DA. One screw.

Try half a box of screws ; about 20 to 30 screws in each 10S - LTO box + wood glue and the bottom box that goes over the top bar is reinforced with fiberglass resin which is used to fix boats , cars , ect. If you dropped them out of a third or four story window they might split apart but not if the e bike tipped over.

If you look back to the start of this post ratchet straps and bungee cords were used and brackets with one or two skinny bolts to hold 3 - SLAs which weighed close to 40 pounds. They never fell out of the frame with two years of riding.

The 12S - LIFEPO4 box only weighs about 20 pounds and the 3S box on top about 3 pounds so < 25 pounds. The LTOs are > 40 and < 45 pounds. I need to try mounting them to a bike frame. I already ran the 15S LIFE all over town. That is not going anywhere. I will post an update on the heavier LTOs.

OK.

There are a few minor things that will need to be done and even if the e bike were to tip over the batteries wont go any where. Only a collision with a heavy motor vehicle will compromise the LTOs but would be the least of my worries in such a case.

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKyHbz5QMZI

If you watch the video I will be using heavy duty L brackets in the back with a single bolt and wing nut for quickly mounting the LTOs. A ratchet strap and a chain will keep the boxes from moving even if the bike tips over.

The only thing I don't like is portable charging. I can not get away with bringing the e bike inside so if no AC outlet outside I will have to go thru a lot of trouble to charge. I will also have to haul them up and down stairs. Now you know why I want a solar charger in my van. I might get lucky and find AC outlets in the back of stores and buildings. I will probably get bitched at for stealing their electricity. I wont go to jail though unless I punch somebody in the face. :lol:

I am hoping I can get at least 15 miles round trip. 20 miles would be ideal. I might need a ramp to get it in and out of the van. I need to figure out how to charge out in the van. I think I will order a solar charging kit next month. I have the three SLAs and 33 Ah lawn mower batteries are $24. I own one. If I get two more I will have 99 Ah + 66 Ah = 165 Ah.

Not sure what comes with the kit. I do not even know what a solar controller does. I think it hooks to the solar panels , a inverter and the batteries for storage. ?????? I just want it simple. I don't ride a lot and can charge my LIFEPO4 batteries upstairs if the sun does not shine for a few days.

Its main purpose will be to charge the LTOs so I do not have to remove the packs from the bike frame as a lot of work. If a lot of sun then I can charge the LIFEPO4 as well and also a trickle charger for the van battery.

I might need some sort of ventilation for hot summer days though. If it is 90 degrees outside it could be 110 degrees inside the van with controllers , inverters and chargers. :roll: Not sure how I can do that and keep it theft proof. An alarm would work but will at lease need a fan and the side windows open like an inch on each side.

If anyone has any ideas on a solar kit and a cheap way to ventilate the van for hot weather please post and let me know. The truth is for most trips it will be way easier to just run the 12S - LIFEPO4 as that weight about 20 pounds. About 23 pounds for 15S - LIFEPO4. It is another reason why I will order the prismatic cells. About 18 pounds for 25 Ah.

Unless I move to a first floor apartment or get a garage I probably wont hardly ever run the LTOs as too heavy to haul up stairs or inside some place to portable charging. That really sucks. That is why a solar kit for my van is important. It does not have to be fancy. I am looking at cheap barebones.

It don't have to power a house. Just run a 2 amp 54.6V Lion charger. The one I bought for the 13S - 1,200W - 20 Ah Lion pack in the van. I can also carry that on a rear rack or front basket for back up as I can charge it out in the van in an ammo box. Then I can go > 20 miles for sure. I just do not trust the factory Lion BMSs.

The one I have stored in my attic in an ammo box is 10S - Lion. It has a cell > 5V and a couple cells < 3V. I need to recycle it. I did not test the other 10S - 2P hoverboard pack. Both has its own BMS and were hooked in parallel with the 10S - 4P Laudation pack which all cells tested at 4.18 or 4.19V. That has a 15 amp BMS though so can not run it SOLO as even my Bafang controllers are 17 amps.

So basically I can run Lion again when I get a solar kit for my van. I can also run the 20 Ah - Lion pack but only with a Bluetooth BMS. The same with the 10S Laudation pack but need to build a 10S - 4P pack to run in parallel with it. I can also run the power modules in series with 4S - LiPo for 66V. I just need to order a solar kit. I am not even sure how to hook it up or what other components are needed. Will I need a separate inverter. I have a 120W DC to AC inverter which might run the 2 amp trickle charger.

54.6 * 2 = 109.2 watts.

Basically two more 33 Ah lawn mower batteries art $50 and that gives me 165 AH storage. So if my 120W inverter will work all I need is a really cheap basic e bay solar kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373848463626?hash=item570b1ad90a:g:868AAOSweVVh0VNw

s-l1600.jpg

Will that work ???????

< $53 with free shipping. Probably $55 with the tax + about $50 for the lawn mower batteries which can go in series with the 3 - 22 Ah - SLAs for 165 Ah storage. Total cost < $110.

All I will run from it is a 2 Amp trickle charger and a 1 amp trickle charger for the van battery. If I want to when the LTOs are at full charge and the storage batteries are full or > 12.5V I can unhook the 2 amp and charge LIFEPO4 with a 1.5 Amp. So basically with that kit can I run 3 amps ???????

Please let me know. If it will I might order the kit this month. I need to know what is required for instillation though and how much extra $$$$$ that will be.

Thanks.

LC. out.

It is probably not 300w but more like 150w for 50$ you will want to buy what others have bought. Your tone has changed I hope life is treating you good.

It is probably not 300w but more like 150w for 50$ you will want to buy what others have bought. Your tone has changed I hope life is treating you good.

Yea. it is ok. I just miss riding. I drove the van tonight to the weed dispensary. It was dark and 20 degrees and I slept all day. When it is daylight and nice weather I like riding an e bike out there. 4.5 miles one way. The 12S - LIFE will make the trip. That is as far as I can go with them. There is a Wendy's also so can re charge in 1/2 hour the 12S - LIFEPO4s. I have made it without recharging but like the extra power as they really are sluggish on the way back without the 30 minute charge.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with solar kits. I know nothing about them.

What I do know is I do not ride a lot. I also know I can easily charge LIFEPO4 upstairs so it just needs to work. 300W is not important as I might only run the LTOs once a week in the summer.

I also know that for long trips 18650 - Lion is the greatest energy density. so great for back up. However am NOT charging Lion in my apartment. But could do it out in the van with a solar kit. If it only puts out 30 watts when the sun shines it should be enough to charge 20S - LTO if I only run them once a week.

I also know on shitty rainy days I don't even ride so will ride more often when the sun shines so there should be no problem with 30 watts for 8 to 12 hours of sun to charge 18 Ah 54V batteries.

I weighed the 15S - LIFEPO4 and is 27 pounds. The 20S - LTOs weigh 47 pounds.

If anyone has information on solar kits for van or RV please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Get rid of your solar panel idea.

The ebike battery chargers you do have what is the input amps, there should be a label on the chargers themselves and its labelled input 110v and what amps?

You charge this item in your apartment and you carry it down to your van https://www.harborfreight.com/generators-engines/generators/400-watt-peak-output-explorer-290wh-portable-power-station-58211.html plug your battery chargers into it to charge your ebike batteries. The problem is 200w continuous means your ebike battery charger needs to take 2a from the outlet.

This is 500w continuous which means your ebike battery charger needs to pull 4a from the wall that number is the input not output to the battery.
https://www.harborfreight.com/generators-engines/generators/portable-power-stations/1000-watt-peak-output-explorer-550wh-portable-power-station-59390.html

Home depot has a good 3 x 600-Watt AC outlet and 288 Wh capacity, charger needs to sip 5a from the outlet https://www.homedepot.com/p/ECOFLOW-1200-Watt-Peak-Output-RIVER-Push-Button-Start-Portable-Battery-Power-Station-Solar-Generator-for-Outdoors-EFRIVER600-AM/316749301 DAMN ITS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER
Fit your needs, now and later: double the capacity from 288 Wh to 576 Wh with an extra-battery, the modular design of ecoflow river, is the power that grows with your needs designed for mobility, the 11 lbs. solid yet lightweight ecoflow river is slightly larger than a toaster, which is perfect to take out, you can easily double the capacity of the ecoFflow river from 288 Wh to 576 Wh by integrating with an extra-battery
That means you charge it up in your apartment and obtain 576wh or 288wh just means more ah dumped into your ebike batteries. Hopefully you can hack the system to use your own batteries to double the wh and not have to buy the ecoflow river batteries to double the total wh.

Recharge from 0% to 80% within 1-hour: with ecoflow's patented x-stream technology, the smart inverter enables a fast rechargeability that takes less than 1-hour to charge from 0% to 80% and it gets fully charged in 1.6-hours, you can switch to a quieter charging condition by turning on the quiet charging status on the app

3 x 600-Watt AC outlet and 288 Wh capacity: the EcoFlow river can power up to 10 devices simultaneously with 3 pure sine wave AC outlets, the EcoFlow river can power some devices up to 1800-Watt with the X-boost mode on with a capacity of 288 Wh, the EcoFlow river provides enough juice to run essential devices for-hours, depending on the actual output

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ECOFLOW-RIVER-Extra-Battery-288Wh-for-Portable-Power-Station-Double-Capacity-Backup-Battery-Solar-Generator-for-Outdoors-EFMAXKIT-B-G/316762647

You can go camping and use it while camping very neat product.

latecurtis said:

Yea. it is ok. I just miss riding. I drove the van tonight to the weed dispensary. It was dark and 20 degrees and I slept all day. When it is daylight and nice weather I like riding an e bike out there. 4.5 miles one way. The 12S - LIFE will make the trip. That is as far as I can go with them. There is a Wendy's also so can re charge in 1/2 hour the 12S - LIFEPO4s. I have made it without recharging but like the extra power as they really are sluggish on the way back without the 30 minute charge.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with solar kits. I know nothing about them.

What I do know is I do not ride a lot. I also know I can easily charge LIFEPO4 upstairs so it just needs to work. 300W is not important as I might only run the LTOs once a week in the summer.

I also know that for long trips 18650 - Lion is the greatest energy density. so great for back up. However am NOT charging Lion in my apartment. But could do it out in the van with a solar kit. If it only puts out 30 watts when the sun shines it should be enough to charge 20S - LTO if I only run them once a week.

I also know on shitty rainy days I don't even ride so will ride more often when the sun shines so there should be no problem with 30 watts for 8 to 12 hours of sun to charge 18 Ah 54V batteries.

If anyone has more information please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

This guy is using it but I am busy so I cant hear the sound to see what power is going in on 100w panels.
https://youtu.be/u85VdIPC3Qs?t=257

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5_mUgV08nY

Finding the best portable power station https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RD08xQxAVw

Finding the best portable power station

Not sure why I would need a portable power station.

If I have 165 Ah of 12V storage in the van the solar panels would charge the storage batteries. Once or twice a week I will need to charge 18 AH - LTO from 44 or 46V to 54.6V with a 2 amp charger. Also a 1 amp charger to keep the van battery at 100% charge.

My 120W DC to AC inverter is like $20. I can get a 400W for $50 if I need to and way cheaper that a $300 portable charging station.

Then I wont have to bring anything up stairs to charge. I am wondering if there is a solar panel I can just stick in the van window inside. It would save me the trouble of mounting. Also it is protected from rain and hail ????? I really should not need that much power as I do not ride every day and can charge LIFEPO4 upstairs as they are lighter than the LTO.

A panel in the window could even keep the inside of the van cooler as blocks the sun and absorbs that energy that would be heating up the air in the van. I might get away with just leaving the side windows open about an inch if I install a cheap $30 alarm that runs off of 12V.

If I only draw 3 amps from the system for 6 to 8 hours a week and the sun shines only 24 hours a week because it rains and is cloudy it would only need to put back < 1 amp in the system for those 24 hours. as 24 / 8 = 3.

Since the more the sun shines the more often I ride it should work out perfect. Each sunny day will give me 8 to 10 hours of direct sun. 4 sunny days = 40 hours and at least two charge cycles for the LTOs from around 45V to 54.6V.

If they make a solar panel I can mount in my front windshield that can do 1 amp when the sun is shining then that is all I would need.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

You could buy one of those $50 ebay deals and measure how much current you are getting, should keep you busy as you can measure on cloudy days and sunny days but it will take you literally forever and ever to get 2000wh. With all the efficiency loss in those horribly bad panels, should be something you could care about to actually search for but thats just to much work, want it on a platter handed to you.

That 12v 165ah is news to my not reading fully, sorry. Charge your 12v 165ah lead acid batteries from that portable power station. The cheap ones as stated are 300wh. 12v x 165ah = 1980wh / 300wh = 6 charge cycles 👎 that is a lot of walking up and down stairs 👎 Step up to the 600wh portable power station and its only 3 charge cycles, well those things have efficiency losses as well.

The inverter would be another great option but you need to keep your van running on horrible polluting gasoline putting your van at risk for getting stolen.

What about a $20 extension cord out your apartment window to your van? Its not like your landlord cares, neighbors might care.

Better yet why not park the van at walmart when your shopping or wendys and plug it in to an outlet. Park it and ride around, I am sure you could find an outlet on the side of walmart or the back the key is to park legally with an outlet nearby.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Everstart-Maxx-15-Amp-Automotive-Battery-Charger-with-50-Amp-Patented-Engine-Start-BC50BE/146599600?fulfillmentIntent=In-store you will get 200wh into your pack an hour. 12v x 15a = 200w charged for an hour is 200wh do 2 or 3 hrs at a time.

It just doesnt make any sense you have dug yourself into a deep hole. All that work to charge up your ebike batteries that are to bulky and heavy.

latecurtis said:
Finding the best portable power station

Not sure why I would need a portable power station.

If I have 165 Ah of 12V storage in the van the solar panels would charge the storage batteries. Once or twice a week I will need to charge 18 AH - LTO from 44 or 46V to 54.6V with a 2 amp charger. Also a 1 amp charger to keep the van battery at 100% charge.

My 120W DC to AC inverter is like $20. I can get a 400W for $50 if I need to and way cheaper that a $300 portable charging station.

Then I wont have to bring anything up stairs to charge. I am wondering if there is a solar panel I can just stick in the van window inside. It would save me the trouble of mounting. Also it is protected from rain and hail ????? I really should not need that much power as I do not ride every day and can charge LIFEPO4 upstairs as they are lighter than the LTO.

A panel in the window could even keep the inside of the van cooler as blocks the sun and absorbs that energy that would be heating up the air in the van. I might get away with just leaving the side windows open about an inch if I install a cheap $30 alarm that runs off of 12V.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Here you go
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93482&p=1367675&hilit=solar#p1372665
https://sunpower.maxeon.com/int/solar-panel-products/maxeon-solar-panels

Sunny europe must be all solar or solar and regen https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93482&p=1416341&hilit=charge#p1416341
Good info but he spent money money https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93482&p=1416121&hilit=charge#p1416121

If you make 1a of sun from a tiny solar panel located behind your windshield because you are to lazy to mount it on the roof then it will take you months to charge up 2000wh.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62231&p=1615862&hilit=cheap+solar+panel+efficiency#p1615862
Cheap ones can be fire risks, and their performance drops pretty fast after a year or two.

Some maths for your mathy brain
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=91373&p=1349882&hilit=cheap+solar+panel+efficiency#p1349882

What about a $20 extension cord out your apartment window to your van? Its not like your landlord cares, neighbors might care.

Not happening. Too far and a sidewalk.

I will order that tomorrow.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/200-Watt-12-Volt-Solar-Panel-Starter-Kit-High-Efficiency-Monocrystalline-PV-Module-for-Boat-Caravan-RV-and-Other-Off-Grid-Applications/871712389?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101031359&&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=aud-393207457166:pla-51320962143&wl5=1023608&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=254556727&wl11=online&wl12=871712389&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8vSOBhCkARIsAGdp6RRp6lKRLfS6rK14dItTWSIA8HSqeWDpDa0jnK1CfzT3AHlxGiURS6YaAsT4EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks.

LC. out.

How many other $45 300w solar panels will you end up needing?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203657598524?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item2f6af0563c:g:ljEAAOSwU29hbXcN&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAACoPYe5NmHp%252B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsSjVt3vLKCbov98Z19qhuwY55c0WmMFLJq5YxniXhnZednD0P0mF5eykPSrWKuJOzCl5ntdySAgScIE0dEFcCmiprobzj5Fi5iIMl1jpyOOXlLK9q9AZ%252FBAThZnkE1jGd4wSEMzPBOnRH9ahhHfYvolo7EYYfbIRzNpWmWIQngJC9fbS1Y0EynRNLAWrxzyE%252BhuHwQI1PhVG2JrAb7EatVloWF9rdFVomR9FagUhLRThRKzvTHmQ5X3DN1e4PvTSqFp0RJZZviN0CDO4QxXRLSdCE3LLCFGtQsYx3tii9hlSA5OULPKxoJ1sT5upFfG7rDdqqq3XtMmJHHLD7va45qwJMMYF0o%252BGAOi7dj1yXiNb63AC%252BZrjDjawS0sSp4IzuAXXW1KFxV%252Bjyx3FVJzhMMLxaSl9EaDO2mIA%252FkwoZorcoN%252Bxyw5jWiIgRIttAUIPDhmBUFcD3puzr%252F58osEXDzDPvERkTBSkaa%252FRkzybujcOf6ruOmraDfBpnPTqUZ58Ce4Pzp5fy%252FSMEbw0toPoRIz%252B2GAeQGjRVBxOe%252BM6mOUzZv0jlMRP92dvgw9yKmEcpOAoD%252BKqV14OoPhJhnyDnblR%252Bo%252FFVawjk%252F6QjtmBbjQebKHBDtuIx3TICWcVJjMi1DngmNRJzOVDLpcnuZM3aTS3QcHo1to%252B5udz1Ut%252FNmWIZAjeNbklXUeTfiV4VNyZri6VP49xKTsD5z4kyNi%252F779AOkHAp7x7x%252BsmDESA4IfPa5uJIJ3xsQVLBizu0wg3aEl7jtlAqMsCJOE%252BJ10hiBConNMECo1INDhI2SZTISrBwgBatD3d5h9hTQpMkuy5Q8SJqOBKeHrzQZBrMpLI%252BDhQ%253D%253D%7Cclp%3A2334524%7Ctkp%3ABFBM8OuRyslf

Do keep us informed I really want to know how much power you can get out of just one of those be great for camping

latecurtis said:

Not happening. Too far and a sidewalk.

I will order that tomorrow.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/200-Watt-12-Volt-Solar-Panel-Starter-Kit-High-Efficiency-Monocrystalline-PV-Module-for-Boat-Caravan-RV-and-Other-Off-Grid-Applications/871712389?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101031359&&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=aud-393207457166:pla-51320962143&wl5=1023608&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=254556727&wl11=online&wl12=871712389&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8vSOBhCkARIsAGdp6RRp6lKRLfS6rK14dItTWSIA8HSqeWDpDa0jnK1CfzT3AHlxGiURS6YaAsT4EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks.

LC. out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jFNR842zCM

That is a good video.

I am hoping it will be that easy.

solar panels on the dash is probably a bad idea as too small and will be limited light and loss of efficiency from the glass windshield.

There are a lot of cheap solar kits on e bay.

I am hoping to order something this week.

I need to measure the roof on my van. I think I have the same things on my roof to attach a solar panel to. I will check now as am about to take out the garbage.

The bottom line is I want to keep the LTOs on board as I have to bolt and ratchet strap them down so a pain in the ass to have to remove them from the bike to charge. It is why I will be using them on only two e bikes so I can just keep them hooked up to the e bike I ride the most.

Also I am not scared to run Lion. I just do not want to charge them in my apartment. Also I prefer to run them in a front basket. Not on the top bar of the frame like my LIFE and LTOs.

The time back in NY when I really screwed up and plugged the positive into the negative. They were in the front basket. There were two BMSs. One failed and there was a lot of smoke but only a little flame. One 10S 2P pack was destroyed but I still have the cells from the other. By running them in the front I can see if they start smoking and stop the e bike. On a rear rack I cant.

Charging LTO and Lion in the van really needs to happen.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Lots of scams on ebay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbSRrGn7emw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owqitqrmt34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlGaGDP63pc
search term was "300w ebay solar panel amps" and it was the first ones that popped up.

More research material
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYmOKaw8VAk

12.8v at 800ma to about 1a on a bright sunny day with no clouds all for 50$ how the heck are you going to use that? :lol:
Your losing efficiency charging the lead 165ah 12v lead acid batteries and your losing even more efficiency taking the power out of the 12v 165ah lead acid batteries to charge your ebike batteries.

latecurtis said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jFNR842zCM

That is a good video.

I am hoping it will be that easy.

solar panels on the dash is probably a bad idea as too small and will be limited light and loss of efficiency from the glass windshield.

There are a lot of cheap solar kits on e bay.

I am hoping to order something this week.

I need to measure the roof on my van. I think I have the same things on my roof to attach a solar panel to. I will check now as am about to take out the garbage.

The bottom line is I want to keep the LTOs on board as I have to bolt and ratchet strap them down so a pain in the ass to have to remove them from the bike to charge. It is why I will be using them on only two e bikes so I can just keep them hooked up to the e bike I ride the most.

Also I am not scared to run Lion. I just do not want to charge them in my apartment. Also I prefer to run them in a front basket. Not on the top bar of the frame like my LIFE and LTOs.

The time back in NY when I really screwed up and plugged the positive into the negative. They were in the front basket. There were two BMSs. One failed and there was a lot of smoke but only a little flame. One 10S 2P pack was destroyed but I still have the cells from the other. By running them in the front I can see if they start smoking and stop the e bike. On a rear rack I cant.

Charging LTO and Lion in the van really needs to happen.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Go to ebikes.ca and read. You Harborfright shoppers and misers usually screw a good idea up.
Learn about a MPPT.

slept 17 hours yesterday. Been 3 days since I drank beer. Think I got a mild case of COVID. Not sure. I got my J&J booster about 6 weeks ago. Mild headache and really exhausted. My wife's son is really sick. He would not get the vaccine. He is an idiot. Drinking lots of water and juice. Hopefully it will go away. Hopefully.

Same symptoms of diabetes though except I got a mild cough and that feeling I get when I get sick. Which is not very often. Kind of like a body ache but not. Hard to describe. Could be a mild fever. Not sure. I know when I sleep to much I get a headache. Why I am up now. Took a couple aspirin. Feeling a little better but still feel it. Whatever it is.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Your both sick you have the jab he doesnt but he is the idiot ? Ive seen medical professionals argue the point of immunity to only be told by an MP thats their opinion, nope its fact that the trained profiesionals know better than the mp but the advice keeps coming from the car salesman of the car maker, shows that most humans common sence never took much notice of reality.

I wish you the best fella no hate from me but i hope that you make more wise decisions and try get more healthy as in reality thats what beats covid no vaccine its your health condition, ive not had a jab or ill health and i stand with the health professionals on thia ine my own immunity relys on exposure and any jab needs monthly updates just to be able to compete with what mother nature provided me, humans are not weak theres over 8 billion of us this mild sniffles peiple complain about is the lack of back bone in anybody dont want to feel any discomfort no exposure to the cold and it all goes to make us weaker mentally and physically.

Well it is possible it is not COVID. Not sure. Just woke up. Slept most of the day again and I feel better. Hungry as a hostage. Going to the grocery store. I will wear my electric mask. Need food. I might drink a few beers tonight. Not sure.

I am hoping the weather is decent tomorrow. I still need that 60/40 solder. Not using anything else for the top of those nuts on the LTOs. That is because I want the best solder in case I upgrade to 350 amps with < 1 gauge cable. Only True value carries that solder unless I order it online. Probably take the 26" Diamondback Outlook with the dual Bafangs when I go. It is only 2 miles I think.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back