CYC X1 Stealth (NEW)

manokaiser said:
Hello.
I keep an eye on this kit, planning to get one as soon as they start delivering again.
I wonder if it would be possible to use a belt drive for the motor to crank transmission.
That could make the system less noisy and require no maintenance on that part, plus it should be lighter as well.
Does anyone know how to calculate an adequate belt conversion for this system?
Gates drive or timing belts?
That was my though exactly i think it would be quieter and much less maintenance over all

I posted the question to CYC but they never answered or replied.

For now I have a 52V 40A constant 14s5p battery. It's a new build and I'm still sorting it out. Now I'm waiting parts for a belt drive conversion. No realistic idea of my range yet.

For this bike the lighter motor weight, price or battery consumption doesn't make that much difference. At least for now. I have a E8000 powered bike for more serious offroad riding.

Would you please keep us posted on the belt drive conversion?
What sort of parts have you found that would work?
Thanks!

Anyone get any news about them shipping the Stealth with the BAC855 controller? It's been four months now, so another week or two won't make a huge difference, but most of the responses from them are a little but vague, and rely on blaming ASI (rightly or wrongly) for all of the delays, without providing concrete dates. It would be great to hear if they've made any progress with getting the new stock of BAC855 controllers posted out.

Ktc said:
Anyone get any news about them shipping the Stealth with the BAC855 controller? It's been four months now, so another week or two won't make a huge difference, but most of the responses from them are a little but vague, and rely on blaming ASI (rightly or wrongly) for all of the delays, without providing concrete dates. It would be great to hear if they've made any progress with getting the new stock of BAC855 controllers posted out.
They got the controller last Friday. I picked up my kit yesterday (Jan 25) in Hong Kong. Hope you will get yours soon.

Ktc said:

I contacted them over a week ago. They said my order will ship around mid February. Very frustrating as I ordered on July 4 of last year. Although they've been good about responding to emails they should to more vocal about any delays. Hoping the Stealth will be worth the wait. I'm not shelling out a ridiculous amount for an off-the-shelf ebike.

Yes, please post up details and sources for the X1 Pro belt conversion.

manokaiser said:
Would you please keep us posted on the belt drive conversion?
What sort of parts have you found that would work?
Thanks!

Hi,
Last time a made a full service of my bike and decided to change steel gears for brass gears. Below I present some pictures of engine. First of all is quieter, but I don’t have any decibel meter so I can’t measure it ( do it by mobile phone is misunderstanding).
Ass you see engine is small. Someone ask about overheating, I don’t have this problem because I don’t use throttle only pedal assist. Case of engine it is also the radiator, so if someone decide to put extra radiator for the case may he will reduce the overheating problems.

If someone decided to open engine please be carefully for O-ring seal. Maybe you don’t know but you can’t stretch them, especially during cleaning. If you do this the diameter will increase and you need to buy a new one- lucky to find the same.
The whole engine is built with module parts, it will be easy to change it if one of them will damage. I don’t made photo of one of module the last one with chain gear, but inside it’s is only one gear who place between the transmission gears. I don’t change grease because I don’t clean the whole transmission gears, when I clean the steel gears they look ass new, I only put extra grease ( I receive it with brass gears). But it will be good to change this grease, for one of made it in Europe, it will be good for the transmission gears (maybe one of Kluber).

The ISCG mount you can used for firm the engine to frame ( stainless screw), you will make it by good metal file, drill it’s not necessary.

In my opinion the weakest point of this engine is “bike” chainrings, it’s made of steel and please look at the photo, diameter of whole will increase rapidly. I have made only 1000 km. This part I will change. I will made a new topic with cassette 11-50T, chain (with measurement) and DT swiss Rachet system, I think it will be useful for people who built new bikes, because I wondering how it works when I built my.

Attachments

• 20220127_105458 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_105458 (Copy).jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 20220127_105503 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_105503 (Copy).jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 20220127_105524 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_105524 (Copy).jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 20220127_105606 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_105606 (Copy).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 20220127_132339 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_132339 (Copy).jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 20220127_132724 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_132724 (Copy).jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 20220127_132731 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_132731 (Copy).jpg
    177 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 20220127_132823 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_132823 (Copy).jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 20220127_133245 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_133245 (Copy).jpg
    130 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 20220127_153737 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_153737 (Copy).jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 20220127_154532 (Copy).jpg
    20220127_154532 (Copy).jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 2,086
  • 20220202_195202 (Copy).jpg
    20220202_195202 (Copy).jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 2,086
  • 20220202_195209 (Copy).jpg
    20220202_195209 (Copy).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2,086
  • 20220206_110109 (Copy).jpg
    20220206_110109 (Copy).jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 2,085
  • Bez tytułu (Copy).jpg
    Bez tytułu (Copy).jpg
    128 KB · Views: 2,085
VinceMTB said:
Ktc said:

I contacted them over a week ago. They said my order will ship around mid February. Very frustrating as I ordered on July 4 of last year. Although they've been good about responding to emails they should to more vocal about any delays. Hoping the Stealth will be worth the wait. I'm not shelling out a ridiculous amount for an off-the-shelf ebike.

I am in the same boat as the rest of you guys. Ordered mine early November and I have emailed them about 6 times now asking when am I going to get the drive. They are not on top of their game on keeping me informed about the status of this shipment. I should not have to contact them to get updates. The last email I sent said they will ship at the latest the second week of February. That is comming up soon so we will see. Hope it is worth the wait and they are not just giving me lip service.

napaharp said:
VinceMTB said:
Ktc said:

I am in the same boat as the rest of you guys. Ordered mine early November and I have emailed them about 6 times now asking when am I going to get the drive. They are not on top of their game on keeping me informed about the status of this shipment. I should not have to contact them to get updates. The last email I sent said they will ship at the latest the second week of February. That is comming up soon so we will see. Hope it is worth the wait and they are not just giving me lip service.

After seven months, I've finally received my kit. Everything looks really nice, but I've yet to be able to test it. It's not going to work on my carbon hardtail since the downtube is too wide for the bracket that secures the motor. Will post when I've moved it to another frame.

VinceMTB said:
napaharp said:
VinceMTB said:
Ktc said:

After seven months, I've finally received my kit. Everything looks really nice, but I've yet to be able to test it. It's not going to work on my carbon hardtail since the downtube is too wide for the bracket that secures the motor. Will post when I've moved it to another frame.

Vincemtb - Thanks for the post. It is reassuring that someone received their kit.

Received a photo of my kit today, after just over 20 weeks. Hopefully have it before I move house in March :eek: .
Also planning to fit to a hard-tail (which doesn't seem like a common practise for CYC motors). Looking forward to re-starting this project - it's been a long wait.

I got mine with the freewheel 2.0 recently. When I turn the freewheel with the chain rings, I can feel that it is not that smooth. When I installed the kit onto my bike and turned on the motor with throttle, the crank arms turn with the chain ring and motor. I think this can indicate that the freewheel is not smooth. But I am not sure if that is acceptable or not. Please see the video I posted on YouTube https://youtu.be/fCWxPj6j9v0. Do you think this is acceptable or not?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/fCWxPj6j9v0[/youtube]
(Sorry I do not know how to post my YouTube here)

I have seen another Stealth video on YouTube. The crank arms do not turn with the chain rings and motor, but it is with the old freewheel and not freewheel 2.0. If you have the freewheel 2.0, do your crank arms turn with the chain ring and motor?

I have asked CYC if that means my freewheel 2.0 is defective. They replied no because freewheel 2.0 uses a sprag clutch. I know nothing about sprag clutch. But I think no matter what type of clutch it uses, a freewheel should turn smoothly. Is my situation (my freewheel not that smooth and make crank arms turns with chain rings and motor) acceptable or my freewheel is defective?

Your freewheel is perfectly ok. In the other vid you can see the opposite pedal is stuck against the post so the pedals are not turning. You could easily stop your pedals from turning with your hand or something. The inertia is causing them to rotate and there are no materials that have zero friction. Physics.

Does anyone have an update on receiving their drive? Electrify Bike Co put me off again. They said it would ship from their facility in the USA at the latest the second week of February and when I emailed them on the 14th of February they said they still have not received them yet. I am losing confidence in this company and about to ask for my money back. I ordered this in early October 2021 and still have not received it.

Does anyone have an update on receiving their drive? Electrify Bike Co put me off again. They said it would ship from their facility in the USA at the latest the second week of February and when I emailed them on the 14th of February they said they still have not received them yet. I am losing confidence in this company and about to ask for my money back. I ordered this in early October 2021 and still have not received it.

Electrified Bike called me this week. I got a tracking number this week and mine is supposed to be here USA WV on Wednesday next week via UPS. I am super stoked! If it shows up.

Not as if they have control over things, everyone needs to just lower expectations and be patient right?

Unless you're rich, buy it a seat with an an air courier...

I would say the motor is great fun, it's reignited our passion for riding, and is worth waiting for.
The trick is finding the perfect donor bike.... We're still looking :)

Thanks for the positive feed back on waiting a little longer for this drive. Unfortunately, due to the bottom bracket configuration of my full suspension mountain bike this is the only drive on the market that will work on my bike without major modifications. So, it looks like I need to wait a little longer.
The reason I question the integrity of this seller is due to getting incorrect information about when this product is going to ship. I am sure they are in communication with their distributor and get updates that are not being passed on to the individuals that have ordered this product, or the distributor is giving them incorrect information. I understand there are issues with the supply chain right now; however, I have ordered several items from China of the past 6 months that were delivered in at the most two weeks’ time. What is going to happen if I need parts for this drive in the future. Is my bike going to be down for 6 months while I wait for a replacement part for this drive?
Example: Ordered $2K worth of components early October 2021. Website states parts will ship in 4 to 6 weeks, which it still states that today. I emailed them at the end of November “It has been over 6 weeks any updates on the drive”. A week later “We are sorry there is a problem with the BAC855 controllers due to a recall – We expect this to be handled by the end of December”. I sent another email at the end of December “What is the status of this order? – Did not get a reply until Jan 13th – “The controllers will begin shipping to us next week”. I emailed them again the end of Jan – What is the status? – it is now 15 weeks from my order date – Their Reply “We have been promised that all of the Stealth motors will ship by the end of January. We will ship it to yours to you as soon as we receive it, and that should be the second week in February at the latest.” Emailed them again Feb 14th – Stealth’s arrived today - I’ll check on Pro’s tomorrow. No reply from them after this.
Now there is a possibility that Electrify Bike co is in the same boat about getting incorrect information from CYC but then that puts the spotlight on CYC. Are they a dependable company? If the company really cares about its customers and there is an issue on deliveries, they can have the items air freight to us and eat the cost. A good company would do that to keep their reputation. I am not seeing that here.

What is going to happen if I need parts for this drive in the future. Is my bike going to be down for 6 months while I wait for a replacement part for this drive?

I had this thought as well. I am in the same boat with the bottom bracket size. Hopefully everything will work out soon.

I emailed Electrify Bike Co again on Friday. What is the status of my order?

Message from Electrify Bike Co. today - "More bad news. After sending us a batch of Stealth motors, we were informed that further shipments of Pro and Stealth motors are suspended due to a shortage of the new Freewheel 2.0 which they expect to receive the second week of June. They promise to ship everything in mid-March, which will take care of our entire backlog. They will ship yours sooner if you are willing to take the old-style freewheel. Once again, I am very sorry for the continued delays and am happy to provide a full refund at any time. If you have any other suggestions to try and make this right, I will consider them.
I have totally lost patience with this company, and I might purchase this motor in the future but only if it is in stock and ready to ship.
For now, my answer to Electrify Bike Co. – “Refund my Money”.

These Asia-West supply chain disruptions will not be ending, for many years maybe ever.

Lots of companies will be going under, even without kamikaze goodwill heroics.

Customers need to be willing to both pay more and be patient, lower expectations, this is not a problem where competition will fix things

Electrify Bike Co refunded my money today. Very fast and I have no hard feelings towards this company. If they ever get the drives in stock, I am still interested in purchasing one.

I sure hope CYC is not circling the drain. Again, they are the only company that is making a drive that fits my bottom bracket, so I hope not. I do not know how they are making money when they are not delivering any product. Only time will tell.

Western consumers are a drop in the bucket for Chinese factories in most niche markets like DIY

I'm surprised more don't just bow out, sell by the container load only.

Back