new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dont you go and get tested to be for sure so you dont go around spreading it to others and its free right, I believe most people are not getting tests with mild cold like symptoms not until it gets worse. Your electric mask might not work but its a comfort blanket.

If those nuts were the correct size and you never screwed up the threads I would have recommended blue loctite or there is another brand that is slightly better then blue loctite but less then red permanent loctite. The rule of thumb is you put any bolt or nut on by hand so you can feel if the threads are properly aligned because damaging the threads makes things worse and makes more work as you now know.

18hrs of sleep is crazy I did that on occasion self medicating with alcohol and non prescription sleep medications. I know one guy who died that might have done the same with back pain medication and alcohol which is common darwinian mistake. I take 20mg of Melatonin which works a treat when I know I will be awake most of the night.

latecurtis said:
Well it is possible it is not COVID. Not sure. Just woke up. Slept most of the day again and I feel better. Hungry as a hostage. Going to the grocery store. I will wear my electric mask. Need food. I might drink a few beers tonight. Not sure.

I am hoping the weather is decent tomorrow. I still need that 60/40 solder. Not using anything else for the top of those nuts on the LTOs. That is because I want the best solder in case I upgrade to 350 amps with < 1 gauge cable. Only True value carries that solder unless I order it online. Probably take the 26" Diamondback Outlook with the dual Bafangs when I go. It is only 2 miles I think.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Yea.

My wife's son had the flue according to his doctor. Wrong symptom's for COVID. The electric mask will protect myself and others. What it is designed for. Also if by some chance it was / is COVID then the vaccine did work. People who don't get the vaccine go to the hospital and often die.

As far as the LTOs I did not screw anything up. The top of the bolts where the nut goes on is the perfect place for the < 1 gauge wire if I ever need to upgrade to 350 amps. The 10 gauge is ok for 60 amps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DhzWPoSYoQ&t=66s

I probably wont need to upgrade as will be looking for the new Tesla batteries for the FX project. I need a lot more than 18 Ah for an electric motorcycle.

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/panasonic-reveals-its-version-of-the-new-tesla-4680-battery-cell/

I will look now to see if they are available.

Nope. Might be a few years away. Going to need at least 80V and 100 Ah for the FX motor. The LTOs are only 60V if I run all 24 but only 18 Ah. I might as well use them for e bikes then.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Stay on topic, if you did not screw anything up then why are you soldering the wire to the post mounts thats a way to screw things up. If I am not mistaken you dont want the fastener to become loose from vibration right if so use blue loctite and use double nuts. I would do a test glob to see how hard it is to get off but I would do the double nuts with loctite. Something I would look into more but do check out these products, https://www.masterbond.com/properties/thermally-conductive-epoxy-adhesives?matchtype=e&network=s&device=c&adposition=&keyword=conductive%20adhesive&msclkid=1de108e002c919b99f736900ee3facd6&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Canada%20Specific&utm_term=conductive%20adhesive&utm_content=Specialty%3A%20Adhesive_Thermally_ConductiveWhat is the kv of your fx motor?

As far as the LTOs I did not screw anything up. The top of the bolts where the nut goes on is the perfect place for the < 1 gauge wire if I ever need to upgrade to 350 amps. The 10 gauge is ok for 60 amps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DhzWPoSYoQ&t=66s

I probably wont need to upgrade as will be looking for the new Tesla batteries for the FX project. I need a lot more than 18 Ah for an electric motorcycle.

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/panason ... tery-cell/

I will look now to see if they are available.

Nope. Might be a few years away. Going to need at least 80V and 100 Ah for the FX motor. The LTOs are only 60V if I run all 24 but only 18 Ah. I might as well use them for e bikes then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDxmaI3iM3c

There is double nuts. The correct metric nuts on the bottom with the ring terminals for the 10 gauge series connection and 18 gauge balance wires. The nuts on the top are 5/16" The wrong nuts but they worked. They are really tight. They are not all the way on though. Not enough room. At least 3/4 the way on. There is a space of 1/16" or less from the top of the bolt to the height of the nut. I am simply filling that space in with 60/40 solder. It will guarantee that the top nut will not vibrate off.

If I wanted to I could solder 1 gauge or less wire on the top but probably wont need to. It is good for up to 1,500W continuous just the way it is and plan to use the 13S power modules and LiPo for the 3 kilowatt brushless motor.

Loctite would probably work but if I do decide to upgrade to 350 amps the solder on top would be perfect to solder a < 1 gauge wire to. I will be filling the space in with 60/40 solder which is pre tinning the top for the wire upgrade if I need it.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:

There is double nuts. The correct metric nuts on the bottom with the ring terminals for the 10 gauge series connection and 18 gauge balance wires. The nuts on the top are 5/16" The wrong nuts but they worked. They are really tight. They are not all the way on though. Not enough room. At least 3/4 the way on. There is a space of 1/16" or less from the top of the bolt to the height of the nut. I am simply filling that space in with 60/40 solder. It will guarantee that the top nut will not vibrate off.

If I wanted to I could solder 1 gauge or less wire on the top but probably wont need to. It is good for up to 1,500W continuous just the way it is and plan to use the 13S power modules and LiPo for the 3 kilowatt brushless motor.

Loctite would probably work but if I do decide to upgrade to 350 amps the solder on top would be perfect to solder a < 1 gauge wire to. I will be filling the space in with 60/40 solder which is pre tinning the top for the wire upgrade if I need it.

Thanks.

LC. out.
I feel that I really must comment ... but am so sure that it will fall on deaf ears, so ...
I guess, 'tis obvious that some people need to learn from their own mistakes?

"Double nuts" seems so apropos!

LTOs.png

Well The ring terminals were not the perfect size and the way I built the box the crimp on terminals would not work without them so needed the nut on the bottom.

With that said I just want to get the ratchet straps and chain so they are theft proof and as soon as I solder the tops I want to run those bad boys. I want to see what performance they are.

The 26" dual suspension with the 26" direct drive should do 30 mph.

Likewise the 36V - 1,000W chain drive on the back of the Currie should be doing 30 mph. I will need the SLAs in parallel or the prismatic cells for that though. Probably the 40 amp 36V Currie controller.

The LTOs should work for 30+ mph for the 1,800W brushless motor and the 26" dual suspension. That is the plan.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Some have used bicycle chain or motorcycle chain as a locking chain I do not know how they locked the ends because a small lock that would fit through the opening of a bicycle chain or motorcycle chain would not need much force to break the lock itself as anything would break those locks even the handle of a flat head screw driver used to steal any number of dozens of vehicles and uhaul trucks to load up stolen loot good news is no one would want your "artistic" ebike, might have been off by one letter there. How do you spell artistic really, it is coming up as an error. Get the loop and solder it to the wire and lock the nuts down its an automotive loop blade so might not be able to handle the high current loads might have to get some copper and drill a hole and solder the wire tot he copper or get something copy and pasted Open Barrel Wire Crimp Copper Ring Lugs Terminal Connector same thing but copper copper ring .jpgloop blade.png

t.png

Yea. Good for about 1,500W now with the 10 gauge wire and ring terminal.

I could just add another 10 gauge wire on the top when needed if pulling more amps.

Looking at pulling 30 to 40 amps continuous with one 10 gauge wire, 1,000 to 1,500W. one more for 2,000W continuous or 60 amps and two more for 70 or 80 amps continuous or 3 kilowatts. three more for 4,000 W continuous.

Really straightforward and simple. When I want to pull more amps I lay a 10 gauge wire across the top and solder. I will probably just solder three 10 gauge wires across the top when / if I need to upgrade. I got plenty left. For now I don't even need to do that. I just need to fill the tops in with 60/40 solder.

If I did want 350 amps for the FX then could solder 1 gauge on top of the three 10 gauge, Why not 8)

I might be a genius.

Thanks.

LC. out.

I wonder if there will be a return of the LC patented "drop solder" technique...

I might be a genius.

Maybe you could sign off as "Lat E. Curtis - Super Genius". And add some Acme labels with "100% perfect" to your batteries.

In all seriousness, if you'd taken the time to find the right hardware you wouldn't need to bodge. What tool have you used for crimping?

“if you’re so smart how come you’re not rich”.

Is that 350 battery amps or 350 phase amps for the fx motor
Lets hope your lazy half ass doesnt rub off on 350 amp build as now your in the big boys club working with dangerous voltages and amperages there is no soldering that can solder welding gauge 1awg cables other then a blow torch or 1000w soldering iron with a big ping ball sized hammer tip. You are stepping up into the 10$/ft welding cable and $100 mechanical crimpers and you dont even know how to program your controller or what kv your fx motor is.

Not worried about it. Woke up with really sore throat.

I got COVID. Don't look good.

feeling like a dead duck.

At least I can listen to good music before I pass on.

The perfect COVID song.

Recorded decades before COVID19 but basically tells it like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0jMPI_pUec

Thanks.

LC. out.

That's not good. In addition to whatever you are planning to do get Zicam https://www.zicam.com/our-products/ in pill or capsule form. Not spray or swabs. Read instructions this time. It's important to start taking it as soon as you have thecearlies symptoms. It shortens the duration of common cold (another coronavirus) and may not help but if you don't take it surely won't. That's what I plan to do if I suspect I cought the virus. Worked for me for many cimmon cold episodes. Used to be on my back for a week, now I rarely have to slow down for more than a day. You might actually have common cold, get tested for covid to be sure. Pay out of pocket if you have to. You can still get tested for free, look around.

Get well.

Get well soon lc stay strong and get tested, its free to get tested.
https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/clinic-locator/oh/canton/specialty/covid-19-testing-2063.html scroll down and look at the title Cost and Payment.

yea,

nicobie is the cyber police.

I have privately warned you and now am publicly telling you that one more comment about violence to anybody including yourself will now get you instantly banned. I'm tired of having to monitor your posts. This forum is not here for solving your mental health problems. It is a forum for ebike related content, not your personal troubles.

I strongly suggest that you get professional help.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish. Learn more
800-273-8255

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Nick

It is so sad that the world no longer has any honor. The enemy cant stand up and meet us on the battlefield

"We Have Met the Enemy and He Is Us”

I guess I should just stop posting.

LC. out.

Its not that hard to stay on the topic of ebikes, its tough times do what makes you happy - BUILDING EBIKES and riding them. Throw in a personal short story on what you eat and when you took a dump but keep it very short otherwise its going to turn into something every single person hates which is facebook, tik tok, twitter, instagram and worst of all reddit.

Keep on posting about your projects.

I strongly suggest that you get professional help.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish. Learn more
800-273-8255

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Thank you. However it may not be me that needs help. It is kind of like watching baby seals being slaughtered. It is the injustice that fuels my rage. I just want people to wake up. At least study Evolutionary game theory. People need to open their eyes. It did not come from a bat.

Yea.

when I went to bed this morning I planned on waking up and riding an e bike to True value hardware to get the solder. I did not plan on waking up with a sore throat.

I was mad and just venting. I would have deleted it or edited it out. No reason to threaten to ban me for good.

its going to turn into something every single person hates which is facebook, tik tok, twitter, instagram and worst of all reddit.

Yea. I deleted my facebook account several months ago. Too many cyber cowboys talking shit. This is all I have left.

Mental health is a bad joke. All they do is prescribe pills and more pills. Just like doctors. Their answer to everything is to take another pill. Pills do not solve problems. They just cover problems up like a band aide as DA. would say.

I like talking to intelligent people. Most everyone here has a good brain and is educated. I can not change the fact I have a gangster mentality. I spent two years in NY state prison in 91 and 92. I am a bad boy for life. However I went to the community college before I did my state bid and after I got out.

My mother told me my IQ is 160 but think she mixed it up. My guess is 116. You know how mothers are. :lol:
Hopefully tomorrow I will be well enough to make it to True value and maybe haul an e bike upstairs.

Right now I am watching the new Hawaii Five-0. I remember the original when I was a kid. This one is better. Chicago PD is even better though. Hank Voight is absolutely hilarious. Best fictional charterer in crime dramas since Robert Goren in the old Law and Order episodes.

Thanks.

LC. out.

You are a short timer doing a deuce at the state bed & breakfast, 3 hots and a cot, getting chubby, fresh fish was always fun. Now please stay on the topic of ebikes curtis, what do you need to buy at true value, solder? What is the current problems you have?

If your nuts are tight on the post :lol: and you have the right washers to squeeze the wire down tight :oops: then you dont need to solder. Use some blue loctite thread locker and 2 nuts, now I dont know if dark angel was joking or agreeing. If you solder the threads get permanently gummed up and unusable later on. Also once you get past 10 gauge wire your soldering iron will become useless and you are talking about soldering welding gauge wire which is then mechanically connected.

Essential Meaning of apropos
: suitable or appropriate The ceremony concluded with the reading of an apropos poem. The comment, though unexpected, was apropos.

DrkAngel said:
I feel that I really must comment ... but am so sure that it will fall on deaf ears, so ...
I guess, 'tis obvious that some people need to learn from their own mistakes?

"Double nuts" seems so apropos!

If you solder the threads get permanently gummed up and unusable later on. Also once you get past 10 gauge wire your soldering iron will become useless and you are talking about soldering welding gauge wire which is then mechanically connected.

If you solder the threads get permanently gummed up and unusable later on.

Well The balance wires are all hooked up and 10 gauge series connecters with ring terminals. I really do not need 1 gauge wire at this time. It should be good for 1,500W continuous or 30 amps. I would only need to solder a piece of 10 gauge wire on the top for 2,000W continuous but might as well solder two 10 gauge wires on top for 3,000W continuous if I decide to run the 3 kilowatt brushless motor or overvolt two 1,000W chain drives for the 4,000W brush controller.

The 100 watt Weller has a very large tip and gets very hot. It might not work for 1 gauge wire but will for 10 gauge.

If I use Loctite I cant solder to that. Also I have no need to ever use those threads again. The current hook up is permanent. For now I just want to fill in the space between the top of the bolts and top of the nuts that are not all the way on. That way there is no possible way vibration can loosen up the top nuts compromising my series connections.

The threads already got gummed up with the fiberglass resin I used to reinforce the boxes. and even the correct metric nuts had to be torqued down with the ratchet. Not all but some. Especially the box that goes over the top bar. The other box I did not use the resin but did use a lot of wood glue. That was not as bad but still needed the ratchet for at least half the cells.

One loose nut could leave me stranded pushing an extremally heavy e bike miles home with a life threatening heart condition. It may not be necessary but I will sleep better at night knowing the nuts can not possibly come loose. It is why I am adding 60/40 solder to the top. I am NOT adding more 10 gauge series connections right now but might later on if needed.

I just want to do that and reinstall the controllers and get the ratchet straps and chain and run the LTOs. 10 gauge is fine for the 1,500W brushless controller on the 20" bike and the 1,000W sensor less controller on the 26" dual suspension. Between this bitter cold weather and snow coming and a possible hospital trip if my health takes a turn for the worse is very disenchanting. :(

This forum and people who support me is very important to me. I do not want to lose that. I wish nicobie would stop playing the cyber cop. I am not the bad guy. I am the victim. We all are. Anyone who catches that shit. I just wanted to get that point across. If someone put poison in the punch at a wedding and everyone who drank it got really sick and some died that would be considered a crime right ? Well what is the difference ? I don't see any.

I am not going to stop posting but don't see the need to post every day anymore. No sense in giving nicobie an excuse to kick me out. Perhaps you guys can talk some sense into him. I am not mentally ill. I am just pissed off and have a good reason to be.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back