new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrkAngel said:
calab said:
Good clean builds do not need money thrown at them, curtis can build clean builds at a very affordable, value oriented price.
What is needed is effort and the drive to get things accomplished and finished along with some organizational skills and most of all patience.
Sadly, he already has multiple 13s4p high output Panasonic pre-made bricks, but is afraid to use them.
2x = 46.8V 12.8Ah =
28mile range at 20mph
14mile range at 30mph
(13"x6"x4.5" 2x combined)

Is the concern they could catch fire while charging? If so, would this help as quick fix to get one of the two planned bikes going:

BAT-SAFE - XL LiPo Battery Charging Safe Box, Un-Painted

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZPKKF2..._863086W9ZHSZ08P24HP8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

That’s a waste. It’s not designed for charge protection. A simple ammo box with gasket removed and preferably a couple of holes drilled for charge wire ports is far less expensive. Your suggested box is designed for storage. No provisions for charge cables. Charging is the highest risk. I keep a smoke detector and welders gloves next to the box.
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/diy-indoor-charging-station.38823/#post-352410

As long as we’re discussing silly options,

Attachments

• Solar ebike.png
    Solar ebike.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 469
tomjasz said:
That’s a waste. It’s not designed for charge protection. A simple ammo box with gasket removed and preferably a couple of holes drilled for charge wire ports is far less expensive. Your suggested box is designed for storage. No provisions for charge cables. Charging is the highest risk. I keep a smoke detector and welders gloves next to the box.
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/diy-indoor-charging-station.38823/#post-352410

Here's what the seller says it is:
Description
This is the Un-Painted XL Bat-Safe, the simple solution to safe charging of LiPo batteries containing lithium. The BAT-SAFE is an insulated double wall steel box that contains the fire and intense heat in case of a runaway battery. The smoke and soot is filtered through a flame arrestor. BAT-SAFE is lightweight, easy to use and inexpensive. It has a magnetic attached charger stand, a handle for easy transportation, a fire proof lid seal and wire ways allow access for charging wires.

Features:
Fireproof double wall steel insulated box
Flame arrestor with soot filter
Fireproof wire way
Easy opening lid with locking latch
Charge and store up to a 4pc 6S 5000mAh equivalent (500Wh) safely inside the BAT-SAFE XLarge.

Includes:

(1) Bat-Safe with Handle
(1) Removable Charger Stand.

Requires:
Prolonged balance cables may be necessary to use the BAT-SAFE X-Large with your existing charging equipment
. X-Large requires 2 prolonging sets.

Specs:
Charging space: 9.5*6.5*14.5 inch / 240*165*380mm
Outer dimensions: 12*9*17.5 inch / 305*230*445mm
Weight: 8lbs / 3.7kg

If it looks like a duck, quacks ike a duck...

Sure there are cheaper solutions. I charge my Li-ions in a cheap fireproof top loaded "safe", or inside an outdoor grill when it warm weather.

Does it address LC's concern though? Or is he worried getting a "thermal event" while riding?

As DrkAngel said it's indeed a pity these little batteries are not used. I don't see the cell model mentioned but 4p must output at least 15 amps which at 48V would provide meaningful performance. "High output" may mean 20 amps continous.

They must be light an easily to bring upstairs for charging. Fit the use case LC put out earlier. No solar charging expense and bother needed, at least not right away.

LC, what's the deal?

Does it address LC's concern though? Or is he worried getting a "thermal event" while riding?

NO.

LC, what's the deal?

SMOKE !

Not concerned with riding. I would keep Lion / LiPo in a front basket though to keep an eye on it. A pair of wire cutters with rubber handles would allow me to cut the power wires and a front wire basket with the packs in a small ammo box will work to prevent damage to the e bike.

Ventilation is my concern. Imagine breathing in that smoke if there were a LiPo fire in an attic apartment. Especially a 78 year old woman with advanced COPD.

My living arraignments are not suitable for charging Lion or LiPo batteries. It is why I wont run them as can't/wont charge them here. Not sure but think more people die from breathing in smoke than from burns in all fires in general.

That’s a waste. It’s not designed for charge protection. A simple ammo box with gasket removed and preferably a couple of holes drilled for charge wire ports is far less expensive.

Damm.

I cant believe me and Tomajasz actually agree on something. :)

I bought an ammo box and am storing Lion in it. It is in a small storage area off the bathroom with a door separating it from my living quarters. It is those old hoverboard packs with a bad BMS. One cell is > 5V and a couple < 3V. It is why I do not trust factory BMSs.

WHEN I do run 18650 cells again I will need Bluetooth BMSs or a way to monitor the cells. BMSs like all electronic units are prone to failure. There has to be a way to check cell banks at least.

In fact I think active balancers are better than BMSs as can charge to 4.1V. Most factory BMSs will not balance properly unless charged to 4.2V. 4,1V is perfect for newer cells and 3.9V for old recycled laptop cells as much less chance of a thermal event.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Look at the beginning of some of his videos. Notice the piles of junk? Trash?
It’s hard to understand the fear of a lithium fire when the place already looks like a fire hazard.

Again. $143 plus shipping. If we have to believe every specification and take it as gospel, we’ll maybe we’d all be driving Yugos.

Look at the beginning of some of his videos. Notice the piles of junk? Trash?
It’s hard to understand the fear of a lithium fire when the place already looks like a fire hazard.

How many times do we have to go down this road Tommy. Really. I clean my apartment DAILY. If you are referring to the clutter on my kitchen table then you are referring to my 13S power modules as junk. I think DA. would disagree with you on that.

Trash goes out with the garbage daily. Any non perishable food like cereal and baked goods are covered / sealed. I keep Tupperware containers , pots and pans on the table. The power modules with oven mits on top of them. they are still in the original shipping box.

The one video was taken before I took out the garbage and was basically empty plastic bags and boxes from grocery shopping , packages from the post office and Christmas gifts. All that was removed about an hour after shooting the video.

Please Tommy. Give it a rest.

Yea.

Talked to my mother today on the phone. The voice of reason. That helps my mental health.

My doctor prescribed amoxicillin , Tylenol and Mucinex. Got a Tuesday appointment with my doctor here at my apartment. Visiting physicians. I don't have to go out.

Got to go to Walgreens anyway to pick up the medicine so going to pick up the 60/40 solder at the hardware store.

If I have the energy I will haul the 20" bike with the 1,800W brushless motor upstairs. If the medicine works should be able to get that bike set up with the LTOs in a day or two. :mrgreen:

Everyone who runs an e bike has different needs. If commuting to work > 20 miles daily then Lion is the clear choice as greater energy density and better range / capacity for size , space and weight.

Most of the places I go are < 5 miles one way. Therefore LIFEPO4 and LTO is perfectly suited for my needs. Especially when I get a cheap solar charger to charge them out in the van. I also get thousands of charge cycles compared to a few hundred with 18650 Lion.

However there will be times especially in the summer when I will want to explore bike trails and go riding > 20 miles for like 1/2 a day. Those days I will run Lion / Lipo. However will still bring 12S - LIFEPO4 as can portable charge at 10 amps when I stop for lunch. The 18650 Lion will be my main batteries so I do not have to charge but one time for a 20 to 30 mile trip.

Does that make sense to any of you ?

If not let me be clear. If you are going grocery shopping or Wall-Mart and you have two vehicles

1. A Caravan.

2. A Hellcat.

Which one would you use for grocery getting ?

The LIFEPO4 batteries I built are perfect for every day reliable street legal transportation < 5 miles one way or 10 miles round trip. They perform flawlessly.

But for passing a gas powered mountain bike or minibike they are basically worthless. Also for 20 to 30 miles they suck as need to be charged every 10 miles.

I will prove it with a video since it is bright outside I will take the 26" Diamondback and go directly to the Hardware store on 30th street. 2.7 miles one way. I will stop the video when I get there and stop for lunch and Walgreens on the way back. the video will be from here to there.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Not to me, at least not yet.

Who made your Li-ion packs? Are they the ones DrkAngel mentioned? 48v, 12.5 aH, high discharge?

Edit your videos to hide the truth.

4D91FB04-3942-4F1B-AACB-7D7A107082AB.jpeg

How many times do we have to repeat this. The picture was not that clear. I am not a slob. That is the truth. I clean DAILY. Most of the time you wont find a crumb on that table. It is cluttered but not trash or garbage except for the empty bags.

Now can we please move on.

I made it to the hardware store and shot a video with the 26" Diamondback Outlook. Dual Bafang motors. 12S - LIFEPO4.

They charge up really quick. About 20 minutes and fully charged.

The guy I was talking to is Chad. He lives downstairs and has a gas powered bike. he works on my brakes from time to time and we trade bike parts like wheels , tires and rims.

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t_g7naAiuQ

I just took Amoxicillin. I did get the solder but the 60/40 was that thin stuff that evaporates so I got 50/50.

Thanks.

LC. out.

kuz said:

Not to me, at least not yet.

Who made your Li-ion packs? Are they the ones DrkAngel mentioned? 48v, 12.5 aH, high discharge?

LC, pardon my interrupting the trash talk. I am still curious about the packs genesis. I mean are they professionally assembled? Bought from a reputable seller or from random ebay one? Homemade?

LC, pardon my interrupting the trash talk. I am still curious about the packs genesis. I mean are they professionally assembled? Bought from a reputable seller or from random ebay one? Homemade?

The 18650 Lion packs I no longer use ?

I bought two 36V hoverboard packs from e bay. 10S - 2P both with a 15 amp BMS. I also bought a 10S - 4P Laudation pack 10S - 4P also with a 15 amp BMS. I ran them all in parallel and charged them thru the charging port of the Laudation. The two hoverboard packs were in parallel but one day after a full charge they failed. I pulled one of the hoverboard packs apart and found the pack was way out of balance. One cell bank was 5+ V and two others < 3V.

In the video when I was talking to Chad was a 13S - 6P I think. Could be 7P in the van I stopped running for the same reason. I do NOT trust factory BMSs. It is very clear to me that the 10S hoverboard pack could have burned down my house. I do not need to go to you tube and post videos of lithium ion fires charging Lion. Already have done so on previous posts.

The 13S power modules DA recommended are fine sitting on the kitchen table tommy calls junk or trash due to a blurry video where you can not make anything out in detail so have to guess what everything is. I guess if you took a bag out of the dumpster and opened it and dumped it on the table with lord knows what inside it , it would look about the same as a few empty boxes and plastic grocery bags but obviously not the same composition.

He just wants to prove he is right and I am one of those hoarders who is a slob.. Breed rats , mice , roaches and maggots. Sorry Tommy but you got the wrong guy. It was Christmas and some of the stuff was wrapping from Christmas gifts and my wife's son brought a bunch of home made pastries and other food packed in bags and boxes. Also plastic bags from the dollar store and groceries.

No spoiled food or any food uncovered for that matter. Some people seek out the worse in people so they can make themselves feel superior. Perhaps to hide their own short comings. Not really sure. I am not a phycologist.

What I do know is the 12S - LIFEPO4 and 3S - LIFEPO4 packs I built not only are reliable , they do not weigh that much. About 11 pounds for 12S and 15 pounds for 15S. The cells are low capacity and SAG under load a lot more than 18650 Lion. They will not win a race but will be around many years after any 18650 pack if run the same amount of times.

I also know I got 50/50 solder which is almost as good as 60/40 and will be finishing up the LTOs my way probably tomorrow. I will be running them up to 1,500W the way they are. Not sure if I will upgrade the wiring but if I do it will be as simple as cutting three short pieces of 10 gauge wire , tinning the ends and laying them across the top of the bolts / top nut which will already be tinned. When I am finished tomorrow the series and balance wires will be connected permanently.

there would be no reason whatsoever to attempt to remove the nuts and reuse the threads. Just run them and charge them and perhaps leave them to my son in my will as 30,000 charge cycles. Lucky if I run them once a week. 12S - LIFEPO4 is good for 90% of the trips I make. The main reason for having them is high performance. I have 4 more if needed for 60V but not sure if I will need them.

I hope this clears things up. I hope everyone watched the video. Even Tommy and nickobie ( the cyber police).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t_g7naAiuQ

It is so easy to judge someone you really don't know. Tommy thinks I am a low level unintelligent troll or basically a low life hoarder and Nickobie thinks I am a psychopath. In reality I am just an average guy. Just like the guy next door you might sit down and have a beer with during a summer barbeque. I mean nobody any harm. Yes I was an asshole in my younger days and I like talking a lot of shit because I like the way it sounds. sometimes I will hit a nerve.

This world is a frocked up place. I am only tying to fit in and reduce my carbon footprint. I really do care about our planet. Where would we all go if earth becomes uninhabitable. Another planet thru a stargate like Stargate SG1 :?: :lol: Do you think my LTOs will power it :?: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

https://www.mouser.com/applications/need-more-power/

Yea. curtis is my middle name and have been late for everything my entire life. My first name is Scott.

Thanks.

LC. out.

The 13S power modules DA recommended /quote]

Yes, these ones. Who made them? Are they as reliable as professionally built Li-ion packs? Have they been used much?

https://batteryhookup.com/products/2-pack-panasonic-48v-power-module-13s-6-4a-299-99wh

Thanks.

LC. out.

Should follow dark angels advice and nicobies advice with staying on topic but I am not a moderator with time out take a break from es capabilities a very real possibility with the stories your telling, its to bad I missed the tough talk twice.
If we can scott curtis who is always late, stay on topic. We all have a common interest here electrical bicycle I was going to guess those were the battery hookup batteries, damn dark angel finds some great deals I should have bought some of the shit he posted about and bought as well as suggested.

damn dark angel finds some great deals I should have bought some of the shit he posted about and bought as well as suggested.

DA. is like a bloodhound when it comes to finding good deals.

I think it was DA. that introduced me to the geared hub motor kits. e bikeling. I got two on the Giant Roam which I still need to build. 100% perfect for my 12S - LIFEPO4s I ran today in the video. I ran two 350W Bafangs which are just under 700W peak on the power meter DA also recommended.

I believe the e bikeling motors are 500W continuous and about 1,000W peak. I would not be surprised if the 700c - 500W e bikeling motor could beat all the other e bikes I have built in top speed. (currently). The 1,800W brushless motor does 25 mph on the flat with 15S - LIFEPO4. It would be really close with 12S and the 700c e bikeling motor. Same with the Currie and 1,000W chain drive which is < 25 mph and 1,000W direct drive hub motor also < 25 mph (current set up)

That is one reason why I built the LTOs. The 1,800W brushless motor needs higher performance batteries. That is the weak link.

For the Currie 1,000W chain drive has two weak links. The 12S - LIFEPO4 that SAG and a wimpy 36V controller , both holding back the 1,000W motor. I ordered three 22 Ah -SLAs for three reasons.

1. To compare the performance of SLA vs LIFEPO4.

2. To increase performance by running them in parallel.

3. For solar storage after I build a 12S - LIFEPO4 pack with the prismatic cells.

DA. deals with theoretical data. Graphs and specifications. That is awesome as gives you a base of reference. He factors in heat , input power vs output power and can get a basic idea of what performance level your system is capable of.

I on the other hand am the guy that will test that system in real time using tools like power meters. Mini pocket cameras recording the data from the meter and a GPS speedometer app. as well as camera sunglasses.

I broke my little cannon pocket camera. If I had it that picture of my kitchen table for example would prove I am telling the truth. You could see a grain of sand or a bread crumb at 1 meter with that camera. I have detailed video of the way I built the LIFEPO4 batteries. It shows every step yet am dumbfounded how several ES members who post here still doubt my technique / skills.

I post video after video of the LIFE packs running flawlessly yet am still told I did it wrong and my solder connections are not good. My argument is that there would be a larger difference in voltage than the other cells if that were true. There is a noticeable difference in 1 or two cell banks out of 12 but that difference is not > 10 or 15%. For example if I built it wrong then the bad cell banks would be like 50% and the rest 90+ %. The difference is much less like 79% vs 96%. My hypothesis is the cells are.

1. over rated.

2. Old cells that sat around for decades. ( degraded)

However run any controller/ motor perfectly around 20 amps or less. NOT 30 or 40 amps. They are limited. NOT JUNK. I have demonstrated time and time again in videos that they run perfect for street legal 20 mph commuting. NOT capable of high performance racing or > 30 mph 30 amps. That is subject to change though in parallel with 36V - SLAs or a prismatic LIFEPO4 pack. That theory will soon be tested.

I am good with street legal reliable e bikes and batteries. I am moving on to high performance e bikes and batteries. It is why I am building / built 20S - LTO packs. To pump some life in the 1,000W direct drive hub motor and 1,800W brushless motor for 30 to 35 mph.

For 40+ mph I am choosing those 13S power modules IN SERIES with 4S Ternergy or Multistars with similar capacity for 66V minimum.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
https://batteryhookup.com/products/2-pack-panasonic-48v-power-module-13s-6-4a-299-99wh

Thanks.

LC. out.

Indeed, impressive price. Build quality appears solid. No BMS though, an extra bother.

I was asking you about them because I was thinking they might fit your stated "use case" of daily errands, occasional long trips, and the mandatory ability to haul the batteries upstairs for charging.

They don't seem to do the trick.

These well built packs are take-offs from UPS duty so they have very high discharge current, paid for by low power density (300wh/8lbs = 37.5 Wh/lb which it two to three times less than packs built on modern 3500-5000 mAh cells)

Even for daily trips you'll need at least two of these 8lb packs, so 16 lbs total, giving you 12.8 Ah or 600 Whrs.

This is if they are indeed "tested like new" as the website claims. The duty graph they show must be showing truthful but it is so randomly put together so it's not clear what exactly it shows. They do cay that the packs "may have never been cycled" which I interpret that they were sitting at full charge all the time being UPS batteries. If that's the case, there must be significant plating build up so I don't know about their "like new" claim. Maybe DrkAngel has first-hand data on them.

In any case, for a half-day trip you'll need twice that much, 24 lbs to be precise, which is heavy as far as lithium batteries go. Recharging them on the go is difficult if you have to bring them inside. Finding an outdoor outlet to charge them on the bike is difficult so when you do find it you'd want to charge them FAST which they are not designed for. But your LTOs are. So LTOs actually would work better for your longish half-day trips even with their heft.

Taking LTOs to run daily errands may be OK if you don't mind a cut in your cargo capacity due to batteries weight.

I know you are concerned about Li-ion "firepower" but if you ever considered Li-ion batteries for you then:

- you could use one well built compact/lightweight pack (say, 6lbs/ 15Ah at 48V) for daily errands. Whiel at store, you can have is with you in the shopping cart.
- for half-day trips you could add a second one
- if you have two ebikes you can keep one battery on each bike, and take the battery from the "second" from one bike when you stray far away from the house.

A pack like this may work:
one like this:
https://enerprof.de/en/ebike-batter...ck-battery-48v-15ah-m50-in-roswheel-bag?c=101
Granted, i's made of cells made in China, but assembled in Germany and have German-build BMS. It's €268.91 which is appr. $300 plus you pay $80 for shipping.

You carry can such pack upstairs no problem so you DON'T need to start a long campaign to concert you van into a solar charging station. Besides labor, you'll have to spend as much on solar HW (likely more, having your unique procurement style.)

The only thing you'd need to do it to deal with "smoke." You can conceivable carry such a lightweight pack in the front basket as you prefer. While charging, you may do it in a fireproof box like the one I referred to earlier. Li-ion batteries don't routinely burn up. WELL BUILT batteries are less likely to do that unless they are abused. If it develops a "thermal incident" anyway, the charge box's charcoal filter will help to lessen the effect. The filter will be ruined after that, sure, so if you you plan to more such incidents then you'll have to replace the filter and likely the charge box. Smoke detectors work. You could use an ammo box but the smoke will be unadulterated and you really have to have some tile or cinder blocks under the box.

Going with the style of this thread, here is how I deal with it. I have three li-ion batteries. Two "frog" type ones, 11Ah/36V bought when I just got into ebiking:
https://www.bixpower.com/BAT-BX3691B-p/bat-bx3691b.htm
I chose this company because it primarily deals with power packs for medical devices and such, with ebike batteries being a side business. Each new supplier is a risk, but I think I can trust that one. No issues after three years.

I use one such battery for errands, I can unclip it with one hand and carry it by the handy handle into stores or businesses. It's about 5 pounds. No wires stick out so the most I get is a quick glance.

I like to pedal so I can get 40-45 miles out of one battery charge.

If I do for a full day trip I take two of those, one rides in the panniers. Change over it trivial. For opportunity charging I use two 2.2A chargers that came with the batteries (unfortunately you can't buy just the battery from BIX)

As much as the anyone, I dream big :lol: so I just bought an Enerpower pack myself, that one:

https://enerprof.de/en/ebike-batter...n-enerpower-frame-bag?number=553610350.9&c=98

That battery is planned to be used on a three-day/300 mi trip next summer, until then it'll be my primary battery for day trips. It'll stay mostly on my V4 Yuba Mundo, with the frog jumping off to the tandem or to the third yet to be built bike. I am thinking of either converting my winder fat tire to electric service, not sure yet if it makes practical sense, or a lightweight low power hybrid for trips involving public transportation. Frog batteries don't get the respect they deserve, for plain vanilla daily biking. I do though routinely carry some 100 lb of rocks and boulders on my Yuba powered by the little 11ah/36V/15A continuous/18A max frog. I live in Minnesota so it's mostly flat but even a small hill here is too much for me to handle without the electric assist even without any cargo. Whenever hills are here they are short, a couple of minutes, so the motor is never hot.

And yes, last but not least. You say that you like LFPs for their ability to delved thousands of cycles and thus contend they are better for daily trips/frequent recharges. I would say that for daily trips you could keep a Li-ion above 20% charge no problem, and also not to charge it above 80%. It's short day trips after all. With such use Li-ion can give you 900 to 1200 full cycle equivalents. One of the reasons I carry the spare "frog" battery on shorter pleasure trips is to not to drain one battery too much. That way I can afford to charge both of them only to 80%. I charge one or both to 100% for longer trips occasionally for capacity and also for balancing. But try to drain 20% from a fully charged battery as quick as possible. All that is not that difficult as it sounds (especially with Grin's Satiator help.)

Not sure if you, LC, find this helpful. I think the way I use my bike(s) is very similar to what you have been planning.

400 watt-hours
One such guide is that a 100 watt solar panel will produce about 400 watt-hours of energy per day.Jun 5, 2021

How Much Power Does A 100 Watt Solar Panel Produce?

18 Ah * 53V = 954 watt hours. Not sure how many needed to charge though. That would be if they were completely empty.

Since I also need to keep the van battery fully charged and would like to charge Lion 18650 cells once in awhile I guess two 100 watt solar panels would work.

Also I do not plan on sitting around hiding out in my house the rest of my time on this earth. If I do have COVID and survive then will be stronger. I plan on traveling / camping. I need to enjoy my time on this green earth awhile its still green and the country is still free. I may even want the option to travel far north into Canada when the day comes that the Chinese decide to take over the USA which is obviously their agenda.

It is possible that the only refuge will be the far north. In fact I think if you go far enough you will run into Siberia. It could be a decade or so away but my guess is America is too weak to stand up to China. The only country with the resources and backbone that will not bow down to their agenda to rule the world will be Russia. The Soviet Union. Therefore any survivors will need to swear allegiance to Putin. Mother Russia.

That is worse case scenario. But realistically we must be prepared. Therefore any funds towards solar power just makes sense in the long run. NOT if but WHEN the grid goes down a few solar panels and a mini van could be a salvation. It can run a short wave radio. It can run a laptop and charge e bike batteries for short trips when the van is parked.

I could live at a camp site for weeks or months if I had to conserving gas and minimal wear and tear on the van as mechanics may be impossible to afford in such a crisis. Basically I would move to Canada right now if I could. The USA has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is incapable of keeping its citizens safe.

My only question at this time is where can I get 200 watt solar panels dirt cheap that will put out an honest 400 watt hours each on a sunny day. Then all I will need is a cheap controller and inverter. I can figure out the rest. I have the three 22 Ah - SLAs and a 33 Ah lawn mower battery. It is $24 each for 33 Ah at Wall- Mart.

Even if all that does not take place for a decade I can still live my life better than I have been the last few years by camping and traveling. I feel like a rat in a cage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8BjKQkym8w

Yea. Good stuff.

I am hauling the 20" bike with the 1,800W brushless motor upstairs today to get it set up for the LTOs. When that is done the 26" dual suspension with the 1,000W direct drive is next.

I will update this post as I make further progress.

Thanks.

LC. out.

If your nuts are tight on the post :lol: and you have the right washers to squeeze the wire down tight :oops: then you dont need to solder. Use some blue loctite thread locker and 2 nuts, now I dont know if dark angel was joking or agreeing.

Yea.

loctight is a perfect plan B.

The solder did not stick.

For now I will skip the step all together and just run the LTOs the way they are. When I run the 20" bike with the chain drive it is small enough to fit it in a taxi if there is a problem with the LTOs or the chain , flat tire . ect.

For the 26" dual suspension I have the front Bafang and the 12S - LIFE packs to get me home if the LTOs fail.

If a nut does come loose then I will get the blue loctite.

If it is not broke then don't fix it.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Go with 3 nuts with blue loctite you should download the uber app on your cell phone you can save money I looked into it for a 5 mile ride and I could have saved $10 but when your getting out of the hospital you just want to get home it was midnight and raining that day. Some taxi drivers are a little anal about picking up bicyclists I had one one time and the scammer immigrant taxi driver tried to rip me off saying there is a surcharge I laughed in his face.

Go with 3 nuts with blue loctite you should download the uber app on your cell phone you can save money I looked into it for a 5 mile ride and I could have saved $10 but when your getting out of the hospital you just want to get home it was midnight and raining that day. Some taxi drivers are a little anal about picking up bicyclists I had one one time and the scammer immigrant taxi driver tried to rip me off saying there is a surcharge I laughed in his face.

I cant get the top nut all the way on so 3 nuts is impossible.

I had a flat tire early in the spring and called a cab. A 20" bike is a lot easier to get in the trunk than a 26" bike.

We are getting a foot of snow today so when I do get to Wall-Mart I will pick up the loctite.

Once I use loctite then it will be permanent ???? Since solder wont stick I wont be able to upgrade anyway so will just run it up to 1,500 watts and call it a day I guess.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back