E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Theodore Voltaire said:
This video might sell a few Stealth's, especially P37s. This is the kind of market Stealth needs to be targeting, if they want to sell more bikes.

[youtube]5OMPJbV1Sbc[/youtube]

At first, I thought the super73 was only running the geared hub motor @ 2kw and couldn't believe it actually jumped the 37 off the line, then after watching again, I heard the rider say dual motors, and that made more since. Of course the F37 beat it out right on top. No surprise there.

Rix said:
At first, I thought the super73 was only running the geared hub motor @ 2kw and couldn't believe it actually jumped the 37 off the line, then after watching again, I heard the rider say dual motors, and that made more since. Of course the F37 beat it out right on top. No surprise there.

I like that they tried it 4 times in a row, and the F37 kicked ass every time. For street riding I'll take top end power all day long.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:

I like that they tried it 4 times in a row, and the F37 kicked ass every time. For street riding I'll take top end power all day long.

I can’t see the video you posted/linked to, but sounds like you’re talking about the Ariel Rider x52 vs super73 dual motor RX vs stealth f37 video on YouTube. Those are my bikes and that’s my video haha. Hope y’all liked it. We just made it for fun.

Yes to confirm, my RX has a mid drive BBSHD and runs dual motors on a single throttle. It’s a fun little ride but I prefer my f37 any day 👍👍

Cozen89 said:
Yes to confirm, my RX has a mid drive BBSHD and runs dual motors on a single throttle. It’s a fun little ride but I prefer my f37 any day 👍👍

I thought that was your Stealth because I recognized the headlight cover. That cover looks pretty good in the video.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Cozen89 said:

I thought that was your Stealth because I recognized the headlight cover. That cover looks pretty good in the video.

Thanks! I do love my f37 but it sure is tempting to sell both of my bikes and join the b52 club. I like the lower weight of the f37 tho.

Attachments

• 1FC92949-8FB6-4547-8C1E-0224116953DB.png
    1FC92949-8FB6-4547-8C1E-0224116953DB.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 833
Cozen89 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:

I can’t see the video you posted/linked to, but sounds like you’re talking about the Ariel Rider x52 vs super73 dual motor RX vs stealth f37 video on YouTube. Those are my bikes and that’s my video haha. Hope y’all liked it. We just made it for fun.

Damn thats your channel, I'm throwing a sub your way.

Rix said:
Cozen89 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:

Yeah, but I don’t really upload often. I just enjoy riding. The random video making is just for fun. Thanks tho!

Cozen89 said:
Rix said:

Yeah, but I don’t really upload often. I just enjoy riding. The random video making is just for fun. Thanks tho!

You should make a top speed video of your F37. Probably would be the only one on the innertubes

Theodore Voltaire said:
Cozen89 said:
Rix said:

You should make a top speed video of your F37. Probably would be the only one on the innertubes

You are right, I’d probably be the only one. Wouldn’t be terribly exciting tho as the fastest I’ve hit on flat is 40. And 44 downhill.

Cozen89 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Cozen89 said:
Rix said:

You are right, I’d probably be the only one. Wouldn’t be terribly exciting tho as the fastest I’ve hit on flat is 40. And 44 downhill.

It might be pretty interesting if all you had to ride was a Super 73, Ariel X52, or Juiced Scorpion, three of the hottest selling bikes right now. And don't forget about thousands of guys riding Sondors Fatty's like mine that might be ready to move up to a faster bike. Think of all the people you might save from a bad case of buyers remorse after buying a Super 73, and then finding out about your bike for the first time. Your bike is like a unicorn compared to any of those bikes.

It is indeed a bit of a unicorn. I’ve never seen another f37 in the Bay Area and I rarely ever come across other owners even online.

I have been looking to see what else is out there tho. My sister’s boyfriend has been asking my advice on what bike he should get. Of course I recommended the f37 or b52 but his front runner is currently CAB motor works. He likes the idea of a moto seat but still having pedals to try and fly under the radar. Anything else out there I should suggest to him?

Cozen89 said:
It is indeed a bit of a unicorn. I’ve never seen another f37 in the Bay Area and I rarely ever come across other owners even online.

I have been looking to see what else is out there tho. My sister’s boyfriend has been asking my advice on what bike he should get. Of course I recommended the f37 or b52 but his front runner is currently CAB motor works. He likes the idea of a moto seat but still having pedals to try and fly under the radar. Anything else out there I should suggest to him?

You covered it all well. The high priced HiPoweredCycles makes a moto seat bike with pedals and lots of power. They some how acquired the MotoPed product line and converted it to electric.

Cozen89 said:

I'm always looking for a better bike, but I can't find one I like better than my Bomber. My advise to your sisters boyfriend is to take into consideration where he rides, what kind of riding he likes to do, what the legal conditions are where he's planning to ride, and buy a bike that will suit his wants, and needs.

Cozen89 said:

Like TV said base it off what he's looking for. For example If he wants to actually pedal the Cab is not going to work out too well even w the schlumpf drive. The Bomber will be the way to go. If he's looking for straight up power from a hubbie The cab isn't a bad way to go. For less than a bomber you can get more battery and higher powered motor w a BAC4000. And if he wants to ride offroad there are many other choices. I still say that if you want 1 bike to do it all then go w the Bomber.

51626609258_5880162779_c.jpg

51627035949_719967b492_c.jpg

radiation....tingling

1abv said:
Cozen89 said:

Like TV said base it off what he's looking for. For example If he wants to actually pedal the Cab is not going to work out too well even w the schlumpf drive. The Bomber will be the way to go. If he's looking for straight up power from a hubbie The cab isn't a bad way to go. For less than a bomber you can get more battery and higher powered motor w a BAC4000. And if he wants to ride offroad there are many other choices. I still say that if you want 1 bike to do it all then go w the Bomber.

The b52 doesn’t have pedal assist right? So the transmission works like a regular bike and you just throttle a little when you need some help? I’ve been trying to look in to the new b52’s but stealth website has been buggy for the last month.

yup the pedaling is separate from the motor. Be interesting to see how the new transmission is. Remote control sounds really cool and the fact that its a 6 speed hopefully makes it a bit more stout.

Cowardlyduck said:
Not sure if you guy's saw this yet:
https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicl...tric-bikes-are-now-street-legal-mopeds-in-eu/

Now us Ausies just have to hope the moped laws can make it down under. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers

That's a good article Cd. It's encouraging that Stealth is now looking at the street market, that's always been my biggest complaint. I'm a lot more reassured we're not going the way of the dodo bird.

I've already researched this possibility for the Texas market, and it wouldn't be hard at all to comply with Texas law. If I wanted to, right now my bike would qualify as a legal electric bicycle if I connected the regen to brake lever cut outs. That's all I would need to do

I could register my bike as a motorcycle, if I modified it to pass state inspection, which wouldn't be very hard to do. Then I could go to the Texas motor vehicle tax office, and show that it passed inspection, and has insurance. The state would then issue a VIN number for my bike, and wala all legal.

"A decade ago Stealth bikes company was the inspiration with their monocoque-styled ebike frames to many DIY ebike builders. Many companies from China copied their style; but never came close to the quality, and most importantly to the geometry of the bike."

I was glad to see the article point this out. Whoever wrote this knows their stuff. Combining these two things alone would be good, but when you add power, and dependability that's a recipe for greatness.

A Monocoque frame adds two very important design features to a bike, strength, and light weight. For proof of this, compare a monocoque frame Bomber to a tube frame Onyx. The Onyx supposedly has a lighter motor, a bigger battery, but still manages to weight 25 lbs more than a bomber. I can't speak for Onyx geometry, or strength, but I do know that it's center of gravity is way phucked up.

Bomber's have great geometry, and low center of mass, and the power to take advantage it. That was evident to me when after getting the right tires, and sailing through a high speed turn with two 4000 lb bone crushers on either side of me. After adding Fox 40s to the mix, now we're talking world class handling.

So to summarize, after owning a lot of bikes, some good, some great, and some not so great, I can say with authority my Bomber is the greatest bike I've ever owned. I've sure someday another eBike factory will catch up to Stealth, but until that days comes, good luck trying.

Back