Precharge with Anderson connectors

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
What would be the best way (simplest) to add a precharge resistor to my battery-to-controller Anderson connectors for a Kelly controller??

I do not use a key switch at all. I prefer manually connecting the Anderson connector from the controller side to the Anderson on the battery side and manually disconnecting as well. Both leads are near the handlebars so thats what I like to do.
The controller is a KLS high power/voltage Kelly
Thanks a lot!!!

E-HP said:
ebike11 said:
Anyone have an idea?

Are you trying to build it into the connector, or have something like a separate precharge button to press before connecting the Andersons?

Hi
Id prefer building it into the connector. Is it possible?

I have no clue about building it into the connector but…..
You can make a cable (adaptor) Anderson to Anti Spark Amass XT90S but I have seen posts here its good for 50-60v max or the precharge will fail after a few times connecting.

I have read QS8-S Anti Spark Connector is good for 100v

I think this is the easy and simplest way (my opinion).

Is does not take much to build a precharge, someone posted a simple diagram, but any resistor would do, the diagram was you plug the precharge in, plug the normal connector in, then unplug the precharge. I did a quick little test and just put any old resistor bridging the +'s then a separate solid core wire bridging the -, then a 2 seconds later just plugged it in, no spark on fully charged 48v 13s.

Its all just a matter of implementation
You could actually have 3 wires, one gnd, two pos - Plug the ground in, plug the precharge in, plug the normal + in, unplug precharge.
If that is to much work then implement it in the connector or buy the xt90as or any of the other antispark connector offerings. I believe there is a 8mm bullet offering.

calab said:
Is does not take much to build a precharge, someone posted a simple diagram, but any resistor would do, the diagram was you plug the precharge in, plug the normal connector in, then unplug the precharge. I did a quick little test and just put any old resistor bridging the +'s then a separate solid core wire bridging the -, then a 2 seconds later just plugged it in, no spark on fully charged 48v 13s.

Its all just a matter of implementation
You could actually have 3 wires, one gnd, two pos - Plug the ground in, plug the precharge in, plug the normal + in, unplug precharge.
If that is to much work then implement it in the connector or buy the xt90as or any of the other antispark connector offerings. I believe there is a 8mm bullet offering.

No need to unplug the precharge once the normal + is connected. The resistor is shorted out, so has absolutely no effect at all.

Back