E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Yea that ride was pretty bananas.. 2221 elevation change in 2 miles.. there was overheating issues... mostly me.

1abv said:
Yea that ride was pretty bananas.. 2221 elevation change in 2 miles.. there was overheating issues... mostly me.

Considering how long your motor has lasted in those conditions, mine should last about 100 years.

And since we're on the subject, I've been hearing feedback from some Onyx riders about over heating problems caused by changing the settings in the controller. Apprently they come stock set for 55 amps, but can be adjusted up to 80 amp.

Theodore Voltaire said:
1abv said:

Considering how long your motor has lasted in those conditions, mine should last about 100 years.

Yah, you are the one guy I wouldn't hesitate about frame fatigue if I was buying an ebike from you. You take care of your stuff very well.

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
1abv said:

Yah, you are the one guy I wouldn't hesitate about frame fatigue if I was buying an ebike from you. You take care of your stuff very well.

Thanks Rix, it's nice to get that kind of recognition. It's not just this bike, I've always worked hard to take care of all my bikes, but with this bike, it's easier than any of the other ones.

Things I don't miss,

Changing my crankcase oil
Replacing my oil filter
Changing oil in my primary
Adjusting my primary chain
Tweaking my carburetor
Adjusting my clutch lever
Replacing worn out clutch plates
Annual state inspection
Annual vehicle registration
Collision Insurance
Getting pulled over for speeding

Theodore Voltaire said:
Things I don't miss,

Changing my crankcase oil
Replacing my oil filter
Changing oil in my primary
Adjusting my primary chain
Tweaking my carburetor
Adjusting my clutch lever
Replacing worn out clutch plates
Annual state inspection
Annual vehicle registration
Collision Insurance
Getting pulled over for speeding
All valid points. I currently own my first FI road bike. Its nice not having jetting that thing to work at 4000-8000 feet, and then sea level if I ride over the hill.

punch bug blue!

51627036159_78f83a46d8_c.jpg

Hey this windshield that I said I wasn't going to install, I installed it. It feels pretty good on a cold day. From the top of my shoulders, and up, I feel the cold wind on my head. From my shoulders down to my hips, it's like no wind at all, so my body core feels a lot warmer. At 30 mph I feel a lot of turbulence, and buffeting at head level, but at 40 mph the air magically calms down, and gets a lot smoother.

20220123_161136.jpg

Whindshield clamp.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
You got to admit, the shape of that shield fits the Stealth's looks pretty good.

It does, and if it was a smoked screen, it would look even better. Notice any difference in top speed?

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
You got to admit, the shape of that shield fits the Stealth's looks pretty good.

It does, and if it was a smoked screen, it would look even better. Notice any difference in top speed?

Yeah, that's how I got this one. I installed a smoked one for a friend, and he gave me the takeoff. I think these screens cost over $100.

I got up to 40 against the wind. I noticed at that speed head buffeting was a lot less than 30 mph. I'm thinking there won't be a lot of difference either way.

It does look good but I’d think if you turn on your headlight it will blind you.

Your definitely a do’er!

Another TV original! ( I own that quote!)

Tom

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Yeah, that's how I got this one. I installed a smoked one for a friend, and he gave me the takeoff. I think these screens cost over $100.

I got up to 40 against the wind. I noticed at that speed head buffeting was a lot less than 30 mph. I'm thinking there won't be a lot of difference either way.

Do speed run and tuck in behind the screen, I bet you add 3MPH or more onto your top speed.

After watching this video I like the Zero FXS. If I was going to buy an electric motorcycle this would probably be the one, even though I don't like the way it looks. It goes 85 mph and has 80 ft lbs torque. Zero to 60 in 3.8 sec. The problem is can't ride it on city trails, registration, licensing, insurance, can't park on sidewalks.

The Sur Ron is souped up with 72v, and 80 amp controller, 10kw. The Zero is stock.

Start watching at 9:20 mark.

[youtube]vNN4n5WH1tg[/youtube]

Hah.. what the heck. One is a road legal electric-motorcycle the other is like an under-powered moped built with MTB parts.
Hardly an apt comparison.

Hey guys...

Not been in here for a long time....though I'd get my bike on the road again...
Not using the bike regularly, has caused a dead battery and doesnt seem to want to come back to life !!!
Can anyone point me in the direction of a new battery for the B52 - Australia if possible...
I don't want to pay silly money from Stealth

Dunk !

DunkenKBliths said:
Hey guys...

Not been in here for a long time....though I'd get my bike on the road again...
Not using the bike regularly, has caused a dead battery and doesnt seem to want to come back to life !!!
Can anyone point me in the direction of a new battery for the B52 - Australia if possible...
I don't want to pay silly money from Stealth

Dunk !
Welcome back - pm CowardlyDuck, based in Canberra - he builds great packs!

2 days ago it was 73 degrees, and I rode my bike on a 40 mile loop around town. Todays high is 26 degrees.

[youtube]L4uyZXNBmb0[/youtube]

Back