Unicorn hub? Thruaxle 36H Disc Singlespeed?

rg12

100 kW
I want to run a singlespeed mid drive setup and was thinking of getting a hub that has threads on the sprocket side to put a brake disc adapter and then mount a large rear sprocket to this adapter.

What do you guys think?
Or do you have a simpler solution for me?

You solicit a lot of solutions from this community.

Chalo said:
You solicit a lot of solutions from this community without ever offering anything.

I didn't know there's a rule that says I have a limit to asking questions without providing enough for you Mr. Chalo in return.

What do you want man, money? too bored?

Please don't reply to my threads from now on, thank you.

EDIT: You edited your message, nice...thanks for crapping on my post

It wouldn't hurt for you to answer a few questions for others while you're trying to get us to solve your development issues for free.

Chalo said:
It wouldn't hurt for you to answer a few questions for others while you're trying to get us to solve your development issues for free.

I'm sorry, did I sign a contract that says that I owe anybody anything?
Is this some kind of a scam? offering free help and then demanding things in return?
Not everyone has time to answer questions here all day, I barely ever post here and when I do I barely have time to reply to my own threads.

Sounds like you are too bored harassing busy people wasting their time with this bs.
So yeah, I get rich off of everyone's ideas and I give them nothing in return ha!!

Get a life bro.

Characteristic

rg12 said:
I barely ever post here
Sorry to butt in, as I have no opinion on the present discussion, but would like to point out the above statement isn't really true, with 1500+ posts over a few years (recently, posting every few days):
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?author_id=39029&sr=posts

amberwolf said:
rg12 said:
I barely ever post here
Sorry to butt in, as I have no opinion on the present discussion, but would like to point out the above statement isn't really true, with 1500+ posts over a few years (recently, posting every few days):

These things aren't rules, but some unwritten principles. As with most forums, there's generally a give and take for regular/long term (community) members, and generally just a take for the one off questions from newbies, but always nice if they post the resolution of their problem, which effectively is giving back.

The other categories I see are the folks that have some business or product idea that are generally coming here for data mining, with the possible return to the community through a new product that people might need in the future (haven't seen one fully fleshed out yet though), or to gather knowledge to support their own business. That's usually just a take, no giving back.

I've gotten a lot more from reading posts than I have from asking questions, but still feel obliged to contribute when I can. That doesn't mean everyone should feel obligated, unless the principles are something they can align with.

rg12 said:
I want to run a singlespeed mid drive setup and was thinking of getting a hub that has threads on the sprocket side to put a brake disc adapter and then mount a large rear sprocket to this adapter.

What do you guys think?

You can get a Pinion 104 bcd spider which fits any single speed hub that uses a Shimano freehub body (preferably steel or titanium).

You can then attach any 104 BCD chainring to create the rear single speed cog you want.

https://www.bikeman.com/PIN-P8200.html

E-HP said:
amberwolf said:
rg12 said:
I barely ever post here

These things aren't rules, but some unwritten principles. As with most forums, there's generally a give and take for regular/long term (community) members, and generally just a take for the one off questions from newbies, but always nice if they post the resolution of their problem, which effectively is giving back.

The other categories I see are the folks that have some business or product idea that are generally coming here for data mining, with the possible return to the community through a new product that people might need in the future (haven't seen one fully fleshed out yet though), or to gather knowledge to support their own business. That's usually just a take, no giving back.

I've gotten a lot more from reading posts than I have from asking questions, but still feel obliged to contribute when I can. That doesn't mean everyone should feel obligated, unless the principles are something they can align with.

I see your point but the fact that this Chalo dude is bothered by it personally to get into my profile and check on me makes him a typical prick.

Bare in mind that every help provided in reply to anyone's question is searchable in this board and also on google meaning that whenever someone is searching for a solution he may find my question and the below replies helpful.

Plus, whenever I share my trial and error asking for help I also contribute by providing my own feedback like my recent posts about the flipsky 75100 that I'm running with 24S li ion pack successfully while testing different firmwares and cooling solutions.

Bottom line, my personal time is limited and am working 24/7, so if everyone here thinks the same then that's cool, I won't be where I ain't welcome.

manray said:
rg12 said:

What do you guys think?

You can get a Pinion 104 bcd spider which fits any single speed hub that uses a Shimano freehub body (preferably steel or titanium).

You can then attach any 104 BCD chainring to create the rear single speed cog you want.

https://www.bikeman.com/PIN-P8200.html

Thanks alot man! just what I was looking for :D

rg12 said:
I see your point but the fact that this Chalo dude is bothered by it personally to get into my profile and check on me makes him a typical prick.

Bare in mind that every help provided in reply to anyone's question is searchable in this board and also on google meaning that whenever someone is searching for a solution he may find my question and the below replies helpful.

Plus, whenever I share my trial and error asking for help I also contribute by providing my own feedback like my recent posts about the flipsky 75100 that I'm running with 24S li ion pack successfully while testing different firmwares and cooling solutions.

Bottom line, my personal time is limited and am working 24/7, so if everyone here thinks the same then that's cool, I won't be where I ain't welcome.

I think I've seen a couple of your posts. I don't have a problem with them. My pet peeves are the ones where it's obvious that the poster has not taken any self help steps (search/read the forum), provides no usable background or information to diagnose the issue, and become demanding like the forum owes them a response. Top it off with a double post or three. No rules against it, except maybe the multiple postings; but just rubs me the wrong way. Luckily the mods are much more patient, and seem to find a way to even help those folks. Maybe something in your posts triggered a similar reaction from Chalo.

E-HP said:
rg12 said:

I think I've seen a couple of your posts. I don't have a problem with them. My pet peeves are the ones where it's obvious that the poster has not taken any self help steps (search/read the forum), provides no usable background or information to diagnose the issue, and become demanding like the forum owes them a response. Top it off with a double post or three. No rules against it, except maybe the multiple postings; but just rubs me the wrong way. Luckily the mods are much more patient, and seem to find a way to even help those folks. Maybe something in your posts triggered a similar reaction from Chalo.

When the hell did I talk like anybody owes me something? no usable background to diagnose the issue? should I really give examples? nah won't go down to this level to justify myself, sorry, am not anyone's bi*tch having to prove myself to random people on the internet.

It's funny that nobody ever complained and suddenly mr. bored a$$ chalo bothers to go into my post activity in my profile and does a "background" check on me like he owns the place just because he's such a brown nose type of dude kissing moderators a$$ on an internet forum just to feel liked by someone.
and now everyone jumps in because there's a party so here you guys are, loving to point at someone for the sake of feeling good with yourselves.

I bet nobody here really cares that I don't put as much time as you guys into helping people but just enjoy bashing on someone out of boredom.

Am back to the life I have.

rg12 said:
E-HP said:
rg12 said:

When the hell did I talk like anybody owes me something? no usable background to diagnose the issue? should I really give examples? nah won't go down to this level to justify myself, sorry, am not anyone's bi*tch having to prove myself to random people on the internet.

I guess I should have created a new paragraph. The first two sentence apply to you, not the rest. Does that clear thing up?

E-HP said:
rg12 said:
E-HP said:
rg12 said:

I guess I should have created a new paragraph. The first two sentence apply to you, not the rest. Does that clear thing up?

Yep

Back