Beachman Second Edition

Laird_Mac

10 mW
This month my Beachman arrived and with the help of my neighbour putting it together out of the crate was quick and straightforward.
20220111_133106.jpg
• 70km Range
• 32km/h Top Speed
• 72v Brushless Hub Motor (2000W limited to 500W)
• Removable 30Ah Premium Lithium-Ion Battery Can Be Charged Separately
• 120V Fast Charger, 3 Hours To 80% Charge
• Durable Steel Frame
• Bike Weight 220lbs With Battery
• Maximum Capacity 300lbs
• Front & Back Hydraulic Disk Brakes
• Turn Signals, Loud Horn, LED Headlight, And LED Display
• Steering Lock & Anti Theft Alarm
• Room For Two

The current tires are not able to find grip on the snow here so it will be sitting in my shed until the roads are clear but my wait won't be patient.

What motor and is the battery hidden behind the engine or the fuel tank?
Any hiccups putting it together?
Did you notice anything cheesy or less quality?

Laird_Mac said:
Beachman
• 70km Range
• 32km/h Top Speed
• 72v Brushless Hub Motor (2000W limited to 500W)
• Removable 30Ah Premium Lithium-Ion Battery Can Be Charged Separately
• 120V Fast Charger, 3 Hours To 80% Charge
• Bike Weight 220lbs With Battery
• Maximum Capacity 300lbs

calab said:
What motor and is the battery hidden behind the engine or the fuel tank?
Any hiccups putting it together?
Did you notice anything cheesy or less quality?

I don't know what make the motor is, I'll try to figure that when I take it out in the spring. The "engine" has a locked compartment that hold the battery, there were no hiccups but the wiring for the rear light disconnected but it was easy enough to access under the seat. The only piece that seems a little lesser quality is the material of the seat, it's PU with the decorative "stitches" being melted in, but it was comfortable when I sat on it but no real testing yet.

Here's an overview video that's the same for the first and second editions, the next line they're releasing is the Beachman 64 which has a reworked battery+controller case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0PiOy3JvDI

I took some more pictures today:

The only visible markings on the motor exterior are these
20220125_135915.jpg
Size of the battery (mahjong tile is 28mm tall) that weighs 32 pounds
20220111_162517.jpg
Interface and the charger that came with it, there's also on on the bike itself for charging
20220125_152142.jpg
Battery compartment, I haven't opened up the top portion yet to look at the controller but it's the perfect size to wrap a kyrptonite lock around
20220125_140752.jpg
The wires are easy to track out and there's a breaker switch for removing the battery
20220125_140330.jpg
Close up of the seat, my fingers are pinching the foam
20220125_140049.jpg

I was able to get out on my first ride on my Beachman. Definitely a different experience going from a 62lb to 220lb bike, getting off my street was a tepid experience but I quickly got comfortable on it. I couldn't guarantee all the roads would be clear of snow so it was only 5km, but I'm really looking forward to future rides. Absolutely quiet and I couldn't feel the bumps that I would on my other bike.

I was able to locate the limiter and now the experience on the bike has been amazing. On a quite stretch of road I've been able to hit 61km/hr, however most of the time riding at 40km/hr has been perfect for zipping around town and keeping up with traffic. I'm starting to feel the effects of drag and plan on getting something to deflect the wind over my shoulders. After riding around 100 km, I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

It would be helpful to future readers if you provided complete details on any modifications you're making to the system, in case they would like to do the same. ;)

amberwolf said:
It would be helpful to future readers if you provided complete details on any modifications you're making to the system, in case they would like to do the same. ;)

Looks like there won't be many more drivers of these bikes-
their website says they are all sold out,
and not a word about a new production---

amberwolf said:

I technically signed something saying I won't make modifications, although I was then given the information how to do it I want to keep the liability out of my hands. I hope that's understandable, but the conventional disconnecting a white cable renders the motor functionless.

Elektrosherpa said:
Looks like there won't be many more drivers of these bikes-
their website says they are all sold out,
and not a word about a new production---

The current production is the 64' which was sold through Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-beachman-64-e-bike#/updates/all
From my understanding they also do one off creations in their Toronto shop. I don't know what their plans are for future productions except that they want to split into two classes; falling into the classifications for e-bikes in Canada or limited-speed motorcycles.

Back