Bafang M500/M600 thread

AHicks said:
Kyokushin said:
M600 max is 18Amps.
How you noiced the 20 amps peak?

On fully charged 48V battery the max out put shall not exceed the 983W (54.6Vx18A).

With the 600's internal controller set to limit power to 18a, I agree. There's nothing wrong with your math. BUT if showing 20a on the display, the margin for error wouldn't need to be that great to see that. A little slop in the calibration of the controller's components, maybe a little more in the display? Much more than that, would have me wondering what was going on as well.

What max power output its showing on display?

Kyokushin said:
M600 max is 18Amps.
How you noiced the 20 amps peak?

On fully charged 48V battery the max out put shall not exceed the 983W (54.6Vx18A).

Yes, i can see 20.1A on display 860C, i try to attach photo from video just make now for show here.

Regards

8827279E-4E0D-4C82-B27A-9E8BD324931F.jpeg

Waynemarlow said:
Afaixeda said:
The power at 1/3 remains at 10A maintained with peaks of 12A, at level 2/3 13A with peaks of 14A, at level 3/3 18A maintained with peaks of 19/20A maximum. Same as 46.6 or 46.7

If anyone wants me to try another file, i'll volunteer

Thanks and regards
Interesting that the overall levels have remained much the same.

Afaixeda I think you must have some way of logging peaks ? Any chance you could perhaps reset your number of levels to the max 9 and see if the lower 1 - 3 are still at 10A minimum ? Thats a high current for the lowest level.

Levels M600 1/9 around 4A - 2/9 around 6A - 3/9 around 10A

These values ​​are my calculations and average approximations seen on the screen, they are constantly changing according to cadence and leg strength

Regards

Could you check the max power output on max assist level instead of Ampers? I am curious of the showed values.

Interesting.
When i tried 14.6 and 14.7 on M500 controller i never saw over than 990 W.
Is there anyone who saw over 1kW peak on older than 14.8 firmwares?

Afaixeda said:

These values ​​are my calculations and average approximations seen on the screen, they are constantly changing according to cadence and leg strength

Regards
It looks like the bottom No 1 level may have been reduced to about 200W's, if so then thats good.

Could I ask of you another test. Put the motor in No 1 of 9 and then take a vid / picture of the Watts once you have got a good cadence going and using lots of torque on the pedals. Then from standstill in a high gear see the max ramp up Watts just as you apply max torque on the pedals, mine is nearly 400W's and its this which is giving us most problems in the lower levels.

Thanks

Waynemarlow said:
Afaixeda said:

Regards
It looks like the bottom No 1 level may have been reduced to about 200W's, if so then thats good.

Could I ask of you another test. Put the motor in No 1 of 9 and then take a vid / picture of the Watts once you have got a good cadence going and using lots of torque on the pedals. Then from standstill in a high gear see the max ramp up Watts just as you apply max torque on the pedals, mine is nearly 400W's and its this which is giving us most problems in the lower levels.

Thanks

Yes, same situacion, when start pedals hard in 1/9 easy see 10A, no pictures sorry.

I return back on 46.6 firmware, I don't like the assistance prolongation after stop pedaling on 46.8. Maybe is better choice for plastics gear, buy i don’t like it and my gear is steel

Hi, I'm looking into welding my own full suspension frame (steel tubing with aluminum swingarm and aluminum cabinet).

Does anyone know where I can find the spec or maybe a STEP file on the mounts for the M500/M510/M600?

Hi, have a M600 on my E10. Personally, for me the PAS 1 is a bit powerful. Is there a way to lower the power for PAS 1 without besst tool?

Thanks

deeph46 said:
Hi, have a M600 on my E10. Personally, for me the PAS 1 is a bit powerful. Is there a way to lower the power for PAS 1 without besst tool?

Thanks

Even with te BESST tool it’s not possible at this time.

deeph46 said:

Thanks

The only way I've seen is if you are currently running 5 levels of PAS, switching it to 9 may help.

Yeah I think I wrote about it a while ago.

Trot 27 is Overcurrent in the controller.

A reflash of firmware fixed it for a couple of months and it came back. Tried to repeat but the controller failed to respond at all.

Replace controller. Bafang had no suggestions other than to send a new controller.

Andy

Here is a fairly complete ebike climbing showdown including Bafang M600 which was near the top but whichever version this is couldn't beat the Brose in the Levo. Should I really buy a Luna X2 if I would only gain a few seconds over my Shimano E8000 bike that I already have and love the transparent torque sensing and handling of? How much faster would a Ludicrous M600 really be on a long ride with deep sand and steep hills than this version that they tested?
https://youtu.be/hQRHcHtFkfI?t=396
274162833_4838272039585203_5655208542981383480_n.jpg

Maybe the M600 with the $400 ludicrous controller would be more like this test of the M620 which smashed the times of all of the other "class 1" motors with a time of 45 seconds versus 66.
https://youtu.be/eT2JAaCUzJ8?t=256

The Luna X1 Bafang M600 with Ludicrous controller had a similar advantage over the Levo in this climbing test with a time of about 60 seconds versus 76. I have to assume he chose a hill that was so steep the the Levo didn't approach its class 1 limited top speed of 20mph which would have been unfair since the M600 wouldn't have any hard programmed speed limit.
https://youtu.be/AD8cdxW3U54?t=257

I've ridden both M600 and Brose Mag S and there is no comparison. The Brose is very smooth and refined but if you put them both in the highest PAS up a gravel road the M600 is going win the race every time unless there is something wrong with the motor. Might be a different story on a more challenging trail but from what I skimmed in the Hill Climb Challenge video it's just a dry gravel road.

star2k21 said:
CiDi said:
To configure the Bafang M500 / M600 motor without using the BESST programmer, you can use this interface.

Link interface USB to CAN on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Converter-Module-Raspberry-Zero/dp/B07Q812QK8/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=usb+to+can+innomaker&qid=1604409709&sr=8-2

Link cables Bafang HMI M500/M600 on e-bike-technologies:
https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/connectors/connectors-signal/connectors-higo-mini-f-series/higo-b5-f-detail
https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/connectors/connectors-signal/connectors-higo-mini-f-series/higo-s5-f-detail

Below are the software and the instructions for configuration and use.

Hi CiDi! I read your interesting posts regarding the mod through Innomaker and I'm curious to know if it is possibile to apply to a Bafang M200 too.
My trekking bike (700c / 28") has this little engine and it works with can-bus protocol.
Do you think that this procedure can be followed also for my M200 ?
The Frame ID is the same for these mid drive motors?

Thanks to CiDi I have unlocked my M400 can-bus with the innomaker, so if you have a can-bus system it should work. :thumb:

jodiug said:
Hi, I'm new to this e-bike programming thing. I own an e-bike with a Bafang M400 (2020 edition) which has a CAN bus connector.
I hope this is not off topic, but this was one of the few places online with information about the Bafang CAN system.

I was wondering if any of the solutions in this thread (involving BESS software or the above CAN bus reader) would also work for changing the speed limit of a new M400?

innomaker works fine on the M400 can bus You can chance the speedlimit to Max 60km/h

mroupi said:
npcspellen said:
CiDi said:
To configure the Bafang M500 / M600 motor without using the BESST programmer, you can use this interface.

Link interface USB to CAN on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Converter-Module-Raspberry-Zero/dp/B07Q812QK8/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=usb+to+can+innomaker&qid=1604409709&sr=8-2

Link cables Bafang HMI M500/M600 on e-bike-technologies:
https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/connectors/connectors-signal/connectors-higo-mini-f-series/higo-b5-f-detail
https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/connectors/connectors-signal/connectors-higo-mini-f-series/higo-s5-f-detail

Below are the software and the instructions for configuration and use.

I have bought the set! I am going to try to change the speed limit on my bafang m420 with dpc18 now. But 1 question. I only want to increase max speed. So i would only have to change the hex for the speed. Or do i also need to change the other 2? Why would i need to change the other 2?

Done on my M420 canbus with Dpc18 . Speed is set to 60kmh now

add: I've succed to change speed limit too on a M420 motor with DPC 10 can Displauy

:bigthumb:

sendler2112 said:
Maybe the M600 with the $400 ludicrous controller would be more like this test of the M620 which smashed the times of all of the other "class 1" motors with a time of 45 seconds versus 66.
https://youtu.be/eT2JAaCUzJ8?t=256

I'm one of the riders in these tests, we have the 48v 18a firmware on our m600. And up the hill as well as on the flat it is very similar to the brose s mag power wise (provided the s mag has been unlocked). I would expect the luna ludicrous mod to perform more like the m620 although we have not ridden one.

Efim_Rus said:
I have about 150 defective Bafang M600 bicycles at my disposal. Below I will attach a photo of the board, it was made on STM 32. There is no magnetic field sensor on my board; instead, I use sensors inside the motor (cold sensor). It is connected to the same connector as the engine temperature sensor, on the connector these pins are designated as U, V, W. I think it will be noticeable in the photo.
Some bicycles will only ride while holding down the "-" button. In this case, they do not respond to the pedals. To monitor the CAN bus, I use the CANHacker software and a homemade adapter based on Arduino + mpc2515 + mpc2551. In serviceable bicycles, the pedal sensor seems to be fine, but for some reason some of them do not ride. But later I think I'll figure it out. In the meantime, I am attaching a photo of the controller.

Efim_Rus said:
I have about 150 defective Bafang M600 bicycles at my disposal. Below I will attach a photo of the board, it was made on STM 32. There is no magnetic field sensor on my board; instead, I use sensors inside the motor (cold sensor). It is connected to the same connector as the engine temperature sensor, on the connector these pins are designated as U, V, W. I think it will be noticeable in the photo.
Some bicycles will only ride while holding down the "-" button. In this case, they do not respond to the pedals. To monitor the CAN bus, I use the CANHacker software and a homemade adapter based on Arduino + mpc2515 + mpc2551. In serviceable bicycles, the pedal sensor seems to be fine, but for some reason some of them do not ride. But later I think I'll figure it out. In the meantime, I am attaching a photo of the controller.
So that means the original motor controller for M600 is the STM32F103??

If so, we now have our OpenSource motor controller based on STM32F103 (using as reference the Xiaomi M365 EScooter motor controller). This motor controller was developed to be easy to build and repair DIY, as also supports installing an expansion board with customized electronics, so this can be adapted for different devices, like a TSDZ2 motor controller using UART for the display or Bafang M600 motor controller using CAN BUS for the display.

The board is very compact, through hole components on top side; one DC-DC assembled on top of the other and the custom electronics board will be placed on top of the Bluepill, using the same pins of Bluepill:

Surface mount components on bottom layer, all of size at least 0805 to be easy to solder:

And our OpenSource firmware is ready and tested. Firmware running on previous board prototype, driving M365 EScooter motor:

[youtube]NelnB91Vqgw[/youtube]

Firmware running on the M365 motor controller, driving EBike TSDZ2 mid drive motor:

[youtube]ueGZx3Urf0c[/youtube]

So anyone could use this motor controller board and design a version to be used on the M500/M600!!

Back