E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Cowardlyduck said:
Thanks for the endorsements guys!
Yeah, still building packs for those located in Australia.

Flick me a PM if interested. :mrgreen:

Cheers

What kind of tests can we personally do to figure out if our battery is in poor health or in need of repair/replacement?

AAAAQQQ said:
Cowardlyduck said:
Thanks for the endorsements guys!
Yeah, still building packs for those located in Australia.

Flick me a PM if interested. :mrgreen:

Cheers

What kind of tests can we personally do to figure out if our battery is in poor health or in need of repair/replacement?

The first thing you can do is check it's voltage. For a stock LiFePo4 battery if it's less than about 68v it's probably poop dog, especially if it's been that way for a long time.

AAAAQQQ said:
Yeah as TV said check the voltage, but specifically check it's sag under load.
i.e. hot off the charger under WOT you should not see more than about 5-7V of sag. Any more than that and it's starting to get cooked. Obviously the greater the sag the more cooked the battery.
That being said, if it still has the punch and range you want, who cares! Use it till it's unusable I say!

Cheers

Load....... Sag.........poop dog........heh.. you said poop dog..

51628399616_e77f208cf1_c.jpg

PRW said:
I didn't realise - SEB is now making a range of city, gravel, trekking and kids bikes?
https://stealthelectricbikes.com/cb.html#slider1-1h

c_bike.pdf

xtrm_bike.pdf

WTF Stealth says on their website a Bomber weighs 148 frickin lbs (67 kg). :confused:

I have a 2022 stealth F37 and it's 72 V and wow what a powerhouse over the old version if you guys want the controller motor specs let me know I also have a YouTube channel called stealth life I cover a lot of stuff if you want to check it out

I have a 2022 stealth f37 it has h series crystalyte Motor and controller I would like to hook A12F nuclear up to this could anybody walk me through it

Stealthlife said:
I have a 2022 stealth f37 it has h series crystalyte Motor and controller I would like to hook A12F nuclear up to this could anybody walk me through it

I subscribed to your channel. Once you figure out how to install your Nuc I hope you'll make a how to video.

Hi all,
Just couple pics of B52's that recently both had battery rebuilds done.
240pcs of 18650's salvaged from Tesla model S battery packs in each bike using a JK 20s bms.

ATTACH]
[/img]

Attachments

• 20220117_134409.jpg
    20220117_134409.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 772
Hi all,
Just couple pics of B52's that recently both had battery rebuilds done.
240pcs of 18650's salvaged from Tesla model S battery packs in each bike using a JK 20s bms.

ATTACH]
[/img]

Stealthlife said:

I dont know how many phase amps the 2020 F37 gives to motor but it might be so that 250Amps that a 12F NUC can give will not be enough compared to original one. Probably best to go with 24F here.

Stealthlife said:
I have a 2022 stealth F37 and it's 72 V and wow what a powerhouse over the old version if you guys want the controller motor specs let me know I also have a YouTube channel called stealth life I cover a lot of stuff if you want to check it out

Funny that they use a neutrick speakon/powercon connector on the charge port nowadays. I was the first one to adapt it back in 2014 :D

[youtube]vWfPsujl86E[/youtube]

Stealthlife said:

The 2022 f37’s are 72v now? You sure about this? I might upgrade if this is true.

Rix said:
AAAAQQQ said:
Anyone with the FOX 40 forks? Did my first full day on the thing, pavement, jumping kerbs and steps, bit of gravel and rocky stuff 100% BATT to 5%. Had the stock forks dialed per my weight but ultimately end of the day, the thing spilled its guts. Was prob due for an overhaul in hindsight.
I do intend to take it on harder off-road stuff in the future, so grabbing something more substantial would be of benefit.

I typically try to buy once and cry once. So my question there's a 27.5" and a 29" option. Being 24" stock front Im guessing no issues with plug and play? And prob should go 29" fork for option to change?

Keep in mind that long travel 29" forks typically have a longer axle to crown ratio then there 26/27.5 counterpart. I only bring this up as it can negatively affect your geometry. But as long as the fork has a 20mmx110mm axle, and a 1.125" fork tube, any fork can be put on your Bomber and your wheel will fit.

Hmm.. still on the hunt new ones are out of stock and on back order everywhere so been digging at older 2nd hand MTBs to break down and source. Still new to all this and been reading up on headset sizes and all the information is a bit overwhelming to be honest.

Hah... so looks like the numbers were throwing me off a bit. 1 1/8" and 1.125" are the same measurements. Is there any need for additional adapters or is it simply chuck in a new bearing and go?

Rix said:
Do speed run and tuck in behind the screen, I bet you add 3MPH or more onto your top speed.

I haven't really felt like testing this theory lately because winter weather conditions haven't been ideal. I was thinking I would probably lose a few mph though, but looks like you may be on the right track. Yesterday I jumped out in front of some oncoming traffic, and had to gas it. I was doing over 50 mph in less than a block, big fat ass and all. Right now if I had to guess I'd say this barn door isn't hurting acceleration, or top speed, and probably helps a little. I wasn't laying down either, just sitting in normal riding position like always.

It'll be coming off in another month or so anyway, because it's usually to hot around here for a windshield.

Windshield Bomber.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:
Do speed run and tuck in behind the screen, I bet you add 3MPH or more onto your top speed.

I haven't really felt like testing this theory lately because winter weather conditions haven't been ideal. I was thinking I would probably lose a few mph though, but looks like you may be on the right track. Yesterday I jumped out in front of some oncoming traffic, and had to gas it. I was doing over 50 mph in less than a block, big fat ass and all. Right now if I had to guess I'd say this barn door isn't hurting acceleration, or top speed, and probably helps a little. I wasn't laying down either, just sitting in normal riding position like always.

It'll be coming off in another month or so anyway, because it's usually to hot around here for a windshield.

Windshield Bomber.jpg

If you get your entire upper half behind that screen, I really believe you may pick up a couple of MPH. Wait until the temp is between 80-85F and you are hot off the charger.

Cozen89 said:
Stealthlife said:

The 2022 f37’s are 72v now? You sure about this? I might upgrade if this is true.

I don't think this is correct, let me find out.

Cozen89 said:
Stealthlife said:

Just confirmed, the F37 is still running the 14s 58.8 volt HOC system they always have, and the Bomber is running a 22s 92.4 volt HOC battery, however, the hub motors are the same on the Fighter and Bomber now. Not sure what fets they are using in the Fighter's controller, but if its 4110 fets, it would be very easy to squeez more power out of it by increasing battery voltage.

Theodore Voltaire said:
PRW said:
I didn't realise - SEB is now making a range of city, gravel, trekking and kids bikes?
https://stealthelectricbikes.com/cb.html#slider1-1h

c_bike.pdf

xtrm_bike.pdf

WTF Stealth says on their website a Bomber weighs 148 frickin lbs (67 kg). :confused:

All of the flagship line models gained some weight. its because Stealth went with bigger breaks, rotors, and basically beefed up everything to satisfy requirements for the homologated certifications. with that said, if one buys an offroad only model, they are lighter, even thought not as light as the older gen models.

Back