JP spot welder

Did any of you tried to run it on 4s? is it possible or 16,8V is too much for it?
Riba once told me this:
" I wouldn't use more than 4S in any circumstances, even not 4S. That's because mosfets loose their ability to soak in surges exponentially with higher voltage. It's better to have 3S, and than more in parallel."

I have two JP Welders that are unused. One complete kit, and one module.
PM please!

mark 324 said:
Hello u still have welder for sale?
Yes one complete kit and another backup module.

tomjasz said:
Have a backup welder I will part with. Bought it from Jakov. No probes or footswitch. Just the welder module. Seems there's a chance my pacemaker won't play nice with it. Won't be doing more builds, just keeping original for repairs. AND a friend as the operator.

My pacemaker doc says no welding. I have two modules one complete kit and an add on weld stick from AliExpress. My used module went to a friend. Both are new. PayPal F and F or? I’ve been ripped off to many times by PayPal users. But alternative methods are tough.

Attachments

• 1E756F35-2BB9-4727-B908-72F7C6A3FA8A.png
    1E756F35-2BB9-4727-B908-72F7C6A3FA8A.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 724
I have a complete JP Spot Welder kit with a about 150 welds on, still in excellent condition, available in USA. If anyone is interested drop me a PM.

tomjasz said:
rickkerb said:
Did you sell your spare mod

No. One complete kit and a backup module.

Still have one spare and one unused full kit. Shipping to AU is crazy expensive.

tomjasz said:
tomjasz said:
rickkerb said:
Did you sell your spare mod

No. One complete kit and a backup module.

Still have one spare and one unused full kit. Shipping to AU is crazy expensive.

It definitely depends on the type of account you have. Currently I can ship to AU for 50-60 via UPS Worldwide Expedited.

(Edit: I also still have a complete kit for sale)

tomjasz said:
tomjasz said:
Have a backup welder I will part with. Bought it from Jakov. No probes or footswitch. Just the welder module. Seems there's a chance my pacemaker won't play nice with it. Won't be doing more builds, just keeping original for repairs. AND a friend as the operator.

My pacemaker doc says no welding. I have two modules one complete kit and an add on weld stick from AliExpress. My used module went to a friend. Both are new. PayPal F and F or? I’ve been ripped off to many times by PayPal users. But alternative methods are tough.

An electronics smart pal tells me the Jakov welder may be OK with my pacemaker. But nothing definitive. Maybe I was just lucky using it? Anyone out there know about the potential electrical interference? Seems KWeld fellow warned about his.

FWIW, any arcing produces a large amount of RF, broadcast all around (remember spark-gap transmitters?). If you have anything sensitive enough to RF, it could be affected by RF that's strong enough.

Separately:

If you have a device that produces a large-scale electric pulse by using a large coil, it will create a large magnetic field (for a very short time as the high current flows).

Similarly, any large-scale current thru a wire (like a huge capacitance discharging thru the wire) will create a large, short-time, magnetic field around that wire.

Back