Nanjing far driver controllers

trophix said:
Hey guys I have information and instructions I want to share about configuring this far driver controller on the app... It's very difficult to understand, hope someone can explain this better?

I already had this manual but I can’t connect my controller to my PC for some reason. The PC software can adjust way more settings then the phone app.

There is heaps of guys using these controllers on the FB group electric motorcycle builds. Can take a while to troll thur.
One guy has setup a google drive page with the latest English PC version.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nDhckivBD-HjwGw-jf7CNS-BsWzUhSF8?fbclid=IwAR3Vi1xgyi-xHAMn-bG-0QKYuM47ACM8qErX9B01cudC6F0LVbRJYEmFQW8

Hope that works.

Stevebequik said:
There is heaps of guys using these controllers on the FB group electric motorcycle builds. Can take a while to troll thur.
One guy has setup a google drive page with the latest English PC version.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nDhckivBD-HjwGw-jf7CNS-BsWzUhSF8?fbclid=IwAR3Vi1xgyi-xHAMn-bG-0QKYuM47ACM8qErX9B01cudC6F0LVbRJYEmFQW8

Hope that works.

I’m on that group. I got the latest software but still can’t make a connection for some reason. Everyone has the same problem with the fardriver controllers. The huge throttle delay when releasing the throttle. The rpm keeps rising for 0.5/1sec unridable and really dangerous..

You can see there is no release delay under the load:
https://streamable.com/3bwxfc

If you hit the throttle at no load it will instantly overshoot over the max RPM and then any throttle input will be ignored until it falls under the max RPM. You can see the actual throttle on the dashboard screen.

DEHiCKA said:
You can see there is no release delay under the load:
https://streamable.com/3bwxfc

If you hit the throttle at no load it will instantly overshoot over the max RPM and then any throttle input will be ignored until it falls under the max RPM. You can see the actual throttle on the dashboard screen.

When I test it with a motor on the bench it works perfectly fine until there is load on the motor then the throttle ramping/delay starts.. I don’t have the controller on my bike anymore but I’ve heard a couple of days ago if you set the StopBuckCurr and
MaxBuckCurr to 20-30a the delay stops. If someone can try and confirm this would be great!

Hello. Can you tell me how to disable self-learning? It turns off in the program, but after turning off and turning on the power, the controller switches back to self-learning mode. How to permanently disable it?

radar_station said:
Hello. Can you tell me how to disable self-learning? It turns off in the program, but after turning off and turning on the power, the controller switches back to self-learning mode. How to permanently disable it?

Once self-learning is complete, the controller shouldn't reinitiate it, even if you power it off/disconnect it from the battery.

Seems like either the process didn't complete for you, or the controller is defective. Can you show us your throttle settings and your throttle voltage when not applying any throttle? I'm asking because I want to know if your controller gives out 2 short beeps and then a long beep when no throttle is applied.

If it beeps when the wheel isn't moving and the throttle is below ThrottleLow setting, it means it didn't complete self-learning. If there's no beep, then it's probably something else is causing your settings to get screwed up

larsb said:
That’s strange.. i guess that the difference could be that when running noload the current is minimal, when loaded it’s a lot higher. Are there PID loop settings that you can tune in the program?

Didn’t see your comment mate!
No there isn’t any PID settings you can change.
When connecting to the PC there are a lot more settings to play with but for some reason I can’t hook it up..

anyone got access to the serial communication port to read raw data ? I'm looking to documentation about serial protocol communication to develop my own app

ebike11 said:
For the money..Sabvotons work so smoothly. App and software both work fine

Is there a Sabvoton rated at 96v and over 450 phase amps? I looked at their lineup but didn’t see anything more powerful than 200/450A and 76V. They seem suitable for bicycles, but not so much for faster vehicles.

KiefRichards said:
ebike11 said:

Is there a Sabvoton rated at 96v and over 450 phase amps? I looked at their lineup but didn’t see anything more powerful than 200/450A and 76V. They seem suitable for bicycles, but not so much for faster vehicles.

What are u using the controller for?

What are u using the controller for?

My current build is a small dirtbike with 12/14in wheel combo.
My battery can put out 300A for 60s or so before getting too hot. Qs138 v3 motor. My goal is to be able to reach 100kph in under 6 seconds. No idea if thats possible with my 200lb plus the 180lb bike 🤷‍♂️

I decided to try a far driver 96530. Maybe 250/530A @ 96V will get me close to my goals.

ebike11 said:

I don't have a Sabvoton (they get too expensive when looking at >400A boost @ 72V), but I now have had a FarDriver for a little while.

FarDrivers are cheap, feature-rich and easy to operate/program. Why wouldn't I buy one?

I use my ND84530 for reverse, speedometer (since my emotorcycle's front wheel's speed sensor died, and I can't find a suitable replacement), anti-theft and for an added battery protection (on top my my fuses and BMS). It supports more features (like regen-braking), but I'm still getting to know it, so those will come later.

Not hating on Sabvoton, just loving my new controller

radar_station said:

Go to parameters menu after auto learn is complete and hit save. This will write data to controller and you can power it on and off with out it restarting auto learn. I have 5 of these controllers. One of my trikes hits 27000kw on a 28s pack

Hello community,
how does the FarDriver controller act, when the battery voltage reaches the "LowVoltageProtect" level?

Does it simply stop driving, or does it switch back to the lowest gear (with the lowest power)?
Does it beep?

tnx 4 reading,
Jeff

I have purchased one of the 120 amp models from QS (siaecosys) for my ebike build. When connecting it asks for a phone number and whatever number I put in, it will always returns an error message with "please enter phone number". Does someone know how to fix this?

I even tried chinese mobile numbers but they return the same error.

How do you connect to the controller? Do you use the serial cable or the bluetooth adapter?
And where have you downloaded the required configuration software (either PC or App)?

I've one of the 120A controllers in my DAYI motorbike (E-Odin 2.0) and ordered the bluetooth adapter from QS / Siaecosys through AliExpress, to modify some of it's configuration.
In addition to the physical BT adapter, they've send me a download link, where you can find the app, pc software and some instructions as well.
The app that I can find there simply connects to my controller without any nagging.

I have downloaded the same app from the SiAECOSYS website for android devices. And connected it without issue using the QS Bluetooth dongle. After connecting is ask me to register an account with a phone number for editting the parameters.
Its the button on the right top afte you selected a device from the list in the communications section.
When I put in a number for the verification code it returns a message with "please enter phone number". Were you able to use the app without the registration step?

Ripcorn said:
I have downloaded the same app from the SiAECOSYS website for android devices. And connected it without issue using the QS Bluetooth dongle. After connecting is ask me to register an account with a phone number for editting the parameters.
Its the button on the right top afte you selected a device from the list in the communications section.
When I put in a number for the verification code it returns a message with "please enter phone number". Were you able to use the app without the registration step?
hmm, that's curious. After selecting a bluetooth device, it simply shows "Connected" at the right side. I've no option to enter a pone number. And I can't remember that it was necessary once.
nanjing_apk_connected.jpg
Have you tried the 1.54 version of the app (that's the version I'm using in the meantime), available here at the far-driver-site to download?

My man I think you solved it all. I was using the 1.37 version (from siaecosys site) they haven't updated it over there I guess. I'll try yours as soon as I can. For the meantime thanks alot for your help!

I'm not able to download the newer Version from fardriver. If I try, it says i have no wright to download the Google folder.

When I access that site's download link, it gives a box you can type a message into to ask for access.

What happens when you do that? (I haven't tried as I don't need the program, not having one of these controllers).

I messaged them weeks ago, nothing happened.

Back