EXTREMO - Scratch built 7kW billet frame scooter

correct. this boy weight 50kg so the folding system can just help to better load in a car - non need to make thing too fancy

Hi,
:thumb: :thumb: You are all experts and you know a lot better. I am just at beginner level. So asked out of curiosity.

Cheers,
Rajesh

I tend to avoid folding mechs like the plague, when one folds while doing 25mph or so its no joke getting it stopped if your damn lucky to be on a straight with little traffic like myself manage to escape the shadow realm

Anyone thats drove a scooter 50mph or so will have felt the lack of turning available its all about leaning at that point but may have also felt a speed wobble while slowing down specially on soft setup front swing arm scooters with short swing arms so its a problem caused by fixing an issue of a long swing arm would react slow and make slow speeds horrible to so that short swinger gets a fix with a steering damper that makes slow turn in and were back to square one.

Wolf warrior uses a inverted spring fork no adjustment or dampening, stops the speed wobble but creates a dive situation under braking that pushes the handlebars forward and over bumps the bars angle move around with the fork travel while a nami viper for example doesn't do that the bars are stationary but theres the wobble issue that needs the suspension dialed in for rider weight to hide and add a damper to make disappear.

So i guess a nami is tuned to be a citys best friend nimble but on the highway not so much, it can do it but it will be a compromise and to tune for this setup would make slow riding feel bulky and unmanageable.

BigBlock said:
correct. this boy weight 50kg so the folding system can just help to better load in a car - non need to make thing too fancy

Seems like it is more of a permanent system which can be partially disassembled so I can fold ... rather than a folding mechanism. This is such a better option for my use case at least.

Hey BigBlock, As the season comes to an end, just curious if you had a bit more time to ride and if you could share more details in how she handles ... if you have any plans for follow up or if this was just a one off.

I'm running it regulary and it became quikly my best commuting tool... I also tested in offroad and I'm really happy on its performance. Sorry, I had no time to shoot some video but I have plan to do it soon. Also, I'm working to a website where make the CAD files and build plans available to whom is interested to build its own.

BigBlock said:
I'm running it regulary and it became quikly my best commuting tool... I also tested in offroad and I'm really happy on its performance. Sorry, I had no time to shoot some video but I have plan to do it soon. Also, I'm working to a website where make the CAD files and build plans available to whom is interested to build its own.

That sure sounds promising. Thanks for the feedback.

Kind of a cool post to read in the Holliday season ... the build plans of the Extremo ... that sounds really interesting. Have any system in mind such as selling them, just making them available for download, make the design open source with requirement that people put back design modifications in a repository ?

BigBlock said:

Hello, just discovered this forum, damn awesome designing and building skills, looking forward those cad files and build plans 8)
I just saw your video on youtube anbout xkillah, just WOW. Congrats

Hey absolutely awesome project, it inspires me to start my own just as much as the Vostok did.
Just intuitively I have a small thing to add, though it might not be relevant in reality.
The front suspension looks like it is two separate linkages, and I feel like you could increase the torsional and lateral stability if you made the axle at the joint one piece.(image for reference)
Then again, this might also just be overkill.
1.png

May I ask which software you used to design the scooter? I would like to learn CAD but don't know which program would be best to learn.

Username1 said:
May I ask which software you used to design the scooter? I would like to learn CAD but don't know which program would be best to learn.

I use several depending on the project. I prefer to use CATIA or Solidworks. But for a beginner I advice to start with a less complex program with a lower learning curve, like Fusion 360 or Inventor.

If you want to design without parametric features you can look to Nurbs modelling like Rhino that is much easy for surface design.

Back